Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:25:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 [314] 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661420 times)
DynhoSts

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

day trader mode "on"

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:55:16 PM

still waiting for the waiting list !!! boring ...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dasource

Activity: 821
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 09:06:21 PM

What was decided about the multi-pool? Do we really need to create another or better still why not partner with a third party who already has the resources and proven track record of delivering high BTC/MH?

If we are interested I can talk to the admin of one of the multi-pools to facilitate this; recently done it for another coin.

im in talks with the dev of an exiting pool already, should no by some time tonight or tomorow morning. cant say anymore till then, we also talked about some really interesting ideas that havnt been done before. raised 440k pledges so far and utopianf said there may be a chance of the dev of the pool receiving part of a dev stake.. dont know how much that intails yet though waiting on a break down. but by all means get in contact with devs of other pools, preferable pools of coins that actually have a future. perhaps if we get a very nice large bounty for it we may end up with multiple devs working on pools to try and get the bounty if its large enough. that way we could end up with multiple multipools.. but the bounty would want be a very healthy one for that to happen!
Will drop you a PM..

^ I am with STUPID!
leo66

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 09:12:28 PM

Could someone point to the right discussion thread for NEM (be it on bitcointalk or elsewhere)? I am lost with so many threads.
Plus, where could I have the current status and roadmap for NEM? Thank you.

You are in the right thread.
I can't give you dates because there are no ETAs but this is what's coming in the very near future (in no special order):
  • stake auctions
  • release of final stakeholder list
  • refunds
  • alpha
  • other stuff that comes up Smiley

I can't give you dates because there are no ETAs but this is what's coming in the very not so near future (but also not very distant) (in no special order):
  • logo
  • branding
  • open beta
  • whitepaper release
  • stake distribution
  • official launch
  • exchanges
  • stake distribution
  • UP reveals that he's really satoshi
  • Jaguar reveals that he's really BCNext
Woo, we have BCNEXT and satoshi in the core team

haha imagine what that would do for nem if it was actually verified lol it would be on news channels everywhere that satoshi is building a new coin with the creator of the first 2.0 coin. now that would be a headline! :L

some one please write a fake article stating this and publish it on a chinese website lol (joke) but it probably could work lol (still joking though) ha
We should publish the article after launch, then we can wait for raising price in few days

NTXCoin - 20%Free+75%IPO Next Exchange System address:15788835964854428501
New Economy Movement http://www.ournem.com/
NEM:TAJTLH-CH7MYT-6I5B74-SNVBIA-XEMRQC-2E42WT-Q337
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 09:21:08 PM

Alpha in a couple days?   Grin

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
metrix

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:20:37 PM

That would be nice Cool
Flattering Flatulants

Activity: 47

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 12:15:31 AM

@devs:

What's the word on the escrow idea for auction funds and waiting list funds?
With the recent edgecoin scam and the fact that most of NEMs ipo is not in escrow, if more money is being gathered it should be mandatory to have the funds accepted through escrow only. Can I get some support from other participants? I need some +1s here!
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 12:27:49 AM

NEM initial fundraising is not an IPO. It is a "call for participation". You can leave if you want and you should leave if you don't trust the development team. I encourage you to do so if the latter case is true. Waiting lists are at the same situation since they are regular stakeholders. I can call on an escrow for the auction though.
Utopian, you know I appreciate what you've done, but this call for participation IS an IPO. IPO do not have to be scam and I believe that NEM was not a scam. Much like NXT IPO was not a scam either Smiley

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 12:35:44 AM

NEM initial fundraising is not an IPO. It is a "call for participation". You can leave if you want and you should leave if you don't trust the development team. I encourage you to do so if the latter case is true. Waiting lists are at the same situation since they are regular stakeholders. I can call on an escrow for the auction though.
Utopian, you know I appreciate what you've done, but this call for participation IS an IPO. IPO do not have to be scam and I believe that NEM was not a scam. Much like NXT IPO was not a scam either Smiley

I beg to differ. "Call for participation" is different from an IPO both in legal term and in actual practice. The money stakeholders sent in are donation/ fee to join but not the payment to buy a stake. NEM initial fundrasing is set in this way for a good reason. And I don't think because everyone else is doing IPO then NEM fundrasing has to be an IPO.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 12:48:07 AM

I beg to differ. "Call for participation" is different from an IPO both in legal term and in actual practice. The money stakeholders sent in are donation/ fee to join but not the payment to buy a stake. NEM initial fundrasing is set in this way for a good reason. And I don't think because everyone else is doing IPO then NEM fundrasing has to be an IPO.
Alright so I was wrong, although I don't see the difference  between a donation fee and a stake - since fundraisers will receive some NEM, they are receiving a stake, no?

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 01:09:39 AM

Alright so I was wrong, although I don't see the difference  between a donation fee and a stake - since fundraisers will receive some NEM, they are receiving a stake, no?

NEM is an evolving entity. A stake of a NXT clone is worth like nothing; A stake in a properly developed technology could be worth a lot. NEM could have been the former. But it happens to be the latter because of the participation of some great people like Jaguar, Thies, Gimre, Makoto, BloodyRookie, Krysto, Patmaster etc. It is not right to say it was an IPO because I don't have much to offer without the participation of these people. I hope you understand.  

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
PeterLong

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 01:10:28 AM

Another pure Nxt clone - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580537.0

This one looks little bit better than Nas.
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 01:15:02 AM

Alright so I was wrong, although I don't see the difference  between a donation fee and a stake - since fundraisers will receive some NEM, they are receiving a stake, no?

NEM is an evolving entity. A stake of a Coingen clone is worth like nothing; A stake in a properly developed technology could be worth a lot. NEM could have been the former. But it happens to be the latter because of the participation of some great people like Jaguar, Thies, Gimre, Makoto, BloodyRookie, Krysto, Patmaster etc. I hope you understand.
Yes, sort of. Still, I think that saying "this is not an IPO, this is an call for participation" wil make most people defiant, like when politician use one word for an other.
Fortunately, this is easy to fix: suffice to mention in the same sentence the difference between an IPO and a call for participation. Or, better yet; "technically, this is not an IPO; but if by IPO you mean; taking a small risk in the hope it will pay out later", well yes, you can call this an IPO"

Plus, IPO is much faster to pronounce and understand than "call for participation" Smiley

utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 01:22:12 AM

NEM is an evolving entity. A stake of a Coingen clone is worth like nothing; A stake in a properly developed technology could be worth a lot. NEM could have been the former. But it happens to be the latter because of the participation of some great people like Jaguar, Thies, Gimre, Makoto, BloodyRookie, Krysto, Patmaster etc. I hope you understand.
Yes, sort of. Still, I think that saying "this is not an IPO, this is an call for participation" wil make most people defiant, like when politician use one word for an other.
Fortunately, this is easy to fix: suffice to mention in the same sentence the difference between an IPO and a call for participation. Or, better yet; "technically, this is not an IPO; but if by IPO you mean; taking a small risk in the hope it will pay out later", well yes, you can call this an IPO"

Plus, IPO is much faster to pronounce and understand than "call for participation" Smiley

There is a risk when I use the words like IPO or investment since I am in U.S which has certain regulations regarding to fundraising and soliciting investment. IPO has a strict legal meaning and I would rather avoid it. Everyone can use any words they prefer but when someone asks me about "that IPO", "this investment". I can't implicitly accept it without risking myself legally.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 01:25:04 AM

There was a risk when I use the words like IPO or investment since I am in U.S which has certain regulations regarding to fundraising and soliciting investment. IPO has a strict legal meaning and I would rather avoid it. Everyone can use any words they prefer but when someone asks me about "that IPO", "this investment". I can't implicitly accept it without risking myself legally.
Now this is crystal-clear Smiley

That's amusing, I have the exact same "problem" with the NGO I am starting for Mintcoin. Everyone is calling it a Foundation, but for legal reason, I cannot use the word Foundation because in France it is reserved to a particular entity (the Mintcoin Fund will be an endowment fund, not a foundation)

UtopianBurst

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 01:37:10 AM

Could someone point to the right discussion thread for NEM (be it on bitcointalk or elsewhere)? I am lost with so many threads.

I can't give you dates because there are no ETAs but this is what's coming in the very near future (in no special order):
  • stake auctions
  • refunds
  • alpha

I can't give you dates because there are no ETAs but this is what's coming in the very not so near future (but also not very distant) (in no special order):
  • logo
  • branding
  • open beta
  • whitepaper release
  • stake distribution
  • official launch
  • exchanges
  • stake distribution

lol,I can't give you dates because nem is a scam!

crackerhead

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 01:43:02 AM

Let's cal it a CFP then, it has a kind of ring to it, if you say it enough  Grin

NEM.io         blog.NEM.io        r/ourNEM
hisun

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 03:07:30 AM

Nem should have something more innovative than multipool.
expect...
Flattering Flatulants

Activity: 47

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 03:14:18 AM

?
hisun

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 03:18:16 AM

Nem should have something more innovative than multipool.
expect...
except what?

and its not going to be just an ordinary multipool.. lol just gota find a dev that wants to do it!
multipool been everywhere it. Should expect something more innovative than multipool out, so it has a high valuation nem.
tlincoln

Activity: 16

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 03:35:32 AM

• stake auctions
  • refunds
  • alpha

• logo
  • branding
  • open beta
  • whitepaper release
  • stake distribution
  • official launch
  • exchanges
  • stake distribution
Woo, we have BCNEXT and satoshi in the core team

haha imagine what that would do for nem if it was actually verified lol it would be on news channels everywhere that satoshi is building a new coin with the creator of the first 2.0 coin. now that would be a headline! :L

UP = Satoshi?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Find out now. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583503
(My first poll.)  Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 [314] 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: