Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:54:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:25:16 AM

2Kool4Skewl

Were three consecutive posts necessary? really?

Although I think some of the things you say are legitimate criticisms (I emphasize SOME). You seldom seem to be providing any real solutions or idea's - just content to shoot down NEM with every post that you make. Utopian has expressed repeatedly people can leave voluntarily, the choice is there. Yet you continually post negatively about NEM implying you're not interested or operating on an agenda.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:27:31 AM

Here's an idea for the public audit.

There are 113 pages of Nxt transactions:

Say I'll check last 23 pages: from 90 to 113. Is there anyone willing to check previous pages? We only need 6 people to check all Nxt transactions and 12 people to double check them.

Update: If you like the idea, I'll create a self-moderated topic where we split pages to check.

Example.

Someone bought two stakes:
http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=3000&acc=978256747923058615
Then sent money to a new account:
http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=3000&acc=10608880799684994787
Then sent money to another account:
http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=3000&acc=12956190138975700589
And bought two more stakes.

Although there is no proof it's the same person, but anyway all these stakes need a closer look, right? So let's start with this kind of audition and see if we can find more evidences.

Jaguar0625

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:28:34 AM

Hi,NEM devs:

I wonder what kind of account-address will NEM use? the nxt-digit style or the BTC-style? if it's the nxt-digit style, I suggest adding a few checksum characters in front of the account number, the checksum characters can be used to validate the account number. The number of checksum characters do not have to be fixed, it can be varied in a range(you can use letters for checksum characters only,then it can be distinguished from account numbers), so ppl can choose some accounts with meaningful checksums, for example, I will  select accounts start with newcn, say, newcn293929102290

Account numbers will be in the BTC-style.

NEM - nem.io
Jaguar0625

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:31:07 AM

1. I heard that Nem is different because you're translating the code.  I don't think that's innovative.  
2. I think POI is a flawed concept.  
3. I'm not sure what is meant by "different types of node", maybe someone can enlighten me.

I added the numbers in the above quite but i did not alter the text.

1. Translation is not the goal here. AFAIK NEM is also going to be built with JAVA so it's not the right word either. I think the goal is to have our own solid codebase and since quite a few things are being changed it's probably better to start over.

2. How so ? (I'm actually interested so plz do answer Smiley)

3. From the dev plan (I thought you read it ?):

NEM will have two types of nodes: server nodes and normal nodes.
Server nodes will store a full blockchain history. The full blockchain will serve as a public ledger, which will be important in order to preserve blockchain explorer functionality. Server nodes will publish all nodes and also a consolidated snapshot.

Normal nodes will connect to the network and request a consolidated snapshot from the server nodes. This snapshot will contain balance information for all accounts as well information about outstanding orders. Snapshots will be made daily and will include data from all confirmed blocks. After syncing the snapshot, the client will need to sync all blocks that were made after the snapshot up to the current time. After syncing those blocks, the client will be ready to begin interacting with the NEM network.
This should minimize the amount of time it takes a fresh client to sync the full blockchain and get online.
A snapshot will be generated daily. When a new snapshot is confirmed by the blockchain, a special no-fee snapshot transaction will be sent to a special account. New clients can validate the most recent snapshot by using hash attached to the last transaction sent to the special account. Snapshots will be validated after 1440 confirmations.

How will POI deal with people who have dynamic IPs?

The server / normal node scheme seems like it adds a trust factor into the equation.

The same way NXT POS does. The transaction graph will be based on account numbers, not ip addresses.

NEM - nem.io
2Kool4Skewl

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 03:32:00 AM

I temporarily took 2Kool4Skewl from NEM stakeholder list as I understand that he does not want to be there. In the first 20 pages of the fundraising, many people do not entirely understand about the scope as well as purpose of NEM so it was easy just to post "interested" there by a mistake. Contrary to what used to be in the first page of the fundraising thread , NEM do offer refund after the announcement of detail development plan (probably in 2 weeks or so) so if someone does not feel they fit in with NEM community, they can leave voluntarily.

As written in ournem.com, at this stage NEM is first of all a community of which people share a certain ideas and goals and we going to build NEM/ Nemcoin as our decentralized payment platform together as we go along. I see no reason to keep people that are unhappy with NEM and this approach. There are no coins to share yet so it is not like we are taking anything from anyone. If 2Kool4Skewl wants to join back in, just say so before I make the unified stakeholder list and I will add him in.  

The majority of NEM funding comes from Bitcoin and only about 30% of NEM stakeholders appear in NXT discussion before (see an excellent statistics by newcn) so I see NXT and NEM having quite a different demographics, also different technology and purposes. While I think there is a certain aspect of competition between the two blockchain, we can learn from each others as well. Some are developers of both NXT and NEM and they work across the aisle and I think that is a good thing. It will help advancing experiments and innovations in more directions. Compared to Bitcoin and other POW coins, NXT and NEM have more similarity and we can join force to emphasize our strength in a green economical network and highlight the problems with the computational arm-races used by Bitcoin and other POW coins. Let's focus on cooperation and innovation instead of envy and hatred as that are also  NEM's core concepts and principles.

BTW, we appreciate active participants much more than passive ones/ investors. So contact me if you want to help in any way. Thanks.

I'm certainly glad that I didn't invest any NXT or BTC for my Nem stake seeing that UtopianFuture and the community is so willing to remove a stakeholder from the genesis block.  All I said was that I didn't think the current feature set was innovative and I didn't think collecting for a dev fund was ethical seeing that Nem has no feasible innovation imo.

What does this say about your community?  Isn't "UtopianFuture" a misnomer now?

Everyone might want to think good and hard about what has just happened here.

Seems fair to me. You don't seem happy with NEM, nor do you seem to like it, talking negative about it, spreading FUD despite being a stakeholder. So he's giving you an option since it seems that perhaps you said interested without really knowing much about Nem. So he's doing you a favor and removing you from the list, and giving you the option of joining now that you're more familiar with Nem. So what's your decision.

Of course it seems fair to you, your Nem stake just grew.  I didn't say I didn't like it.  I said that I thought it was redundant because it lacks feasible innovation and I think fundraising is unethical under these conditions.

UtopianFuture didn't give me an option, he removed me.  "I temporarily took 2Kool4Skewl from NEM stakeholder list"  Now I have to reassert my interest?  What gives him the power to remove peoples' stakes?  Maybe, he'll do a favor for some other people too if they say the wrong thing.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
newcn

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:34:57 AM

I'm certainly glad that I didn't invest any NXT or BTC for my Nem stake seeing that UtopianFuture and the community is so willing to remove a stakeholder from the genesis block.  All I said was that I didn't think the current feature set was innovative and I didn't think collecting for a dev fund was ethical seeing that Nem has no feasible innovation imo.

At least for me, I don't want to see any nxt-community members being removed from NEM stakeholder lists. In fact, I'd like to see more nxters joining NEM.
IMO, 2Kool4Skewl  should in the list, since he didn't make a statement to quit. it's not fair to be taken out just because he said something negative about NEM. he has a chance to quit later on if he really wants to.

BTC:1NzzfeHCgN8fF6mSG1UeBFCVd2cxKbGyHk
NXT:13187911577562526278
j23a

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:36:30 AM

Say I'll check last 23 pages: from 90 to 113. Is there anyone willing to check previous pages? We only need 6 people to check all Nxt transactions and 12 people to double check them.

Update: If you like the idea, I'll create a self-moderated topic where we split pages to check.

Example.

Although there is no proof it's the same person, but anyway all these stakes need a closer look, right? So let's start with this kind of audition and see if we can find more evidences.

Wow, you're in for a lot of work. I tried looking at some of the accounts and ouch. I even got lost. If only you could program a computer.

TBTSX4-NKRX55-HF2ECG-SHPBG3-XIDD2Y-QDRI3N-P2O6
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:41:15 AM

At least for me, I don't want to see any nxt-community members being removed from NEM stakeholder lists. In fact, I'd like to see more nxters joining NEM.
IMO, 2Kool4Skewl  should in the list, since he didn't make a statement to quit. it's not fair to be taken out just because he said something negative about NEM. he has a chance to quit later on if he really want to.

It is not about nxt community. It is about NEM community. If someone is not interested in being part of the NEM community, he can leave and I will refund what he contributed in the fundraising process.
I have emphasized several times, the fundraising is a call for participants in building NEM/ Nemcoin network. If someone is not interested in that, he obviously misunderstood the process and should leave.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
tifozi

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:44:09 AM

I hope we start seeing some positive posts more often than logos/stakeholder complaints and naivete from adults going "this coin sucks/is not innovative/scam". Even the ones who have invested are not really throwing their life's savings here. I fully support the audits but hopefully it goes on behind closed doors without having to wash dirty laundry in public. I believe there is already a separate thread for grievances.

My day job is midrange infrastructure and product management. Would love to help with the infrastructure side of things whenever possible.

I hope we start a lot more activity in the github as well. Last time I had checked, there were just decompiled nxt binaries  Wink
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:58:27 AM

http://f5.s.qip.ru/FK151u3b.png

Example.

Wow, you're in for a lot of work. I tried looking at some of the accounts and ouch. I even got lost. If only you could program a computer.

I think it's possible, but I'm not a programmer.

Here is another one. Super-fraudster!

Bought one stake
http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=3000&acc=6744761866455172564
Sent some coins to
http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=3000&acc=14708189734670584102
And bought another one

BUT! The most important. He made hundreds addresses, got money from giveaways and sent them all to one address. I think such people shoudn't have any stakes at all.

utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 04:02:37 AM

I hope we start seeing some positive posts more often than logos/stakeholder complaints and naivete from adults going "this coin sucks/is not innovative/scam". Even the ones who have invested are not really throwing their life's savings here. I fully support the audits but hopefully it goes on behind closed doors without having to wash dirty laundry in public. I believe there is already a separate thread for grievances.

My day job is midrange infrastructure and product management. Would love to help with the infrastructure side of things whenever possible.

I hope we start a lot more activity in the github as well. Last time I had checked, there were just decompiled nxt binaries  Wink

I guess that is a part about being transparent about the whole process. I don't see it as washing dirty laundry because there is nothing bad to hide and it does not violate anyone privacy at all.
On the other hand, the more effort people spend on the public auditing, the better nem reputation will be. We do it once but do it thoroughly.
I do have a request that all investigations should go to another thread or communicate with each other via pm.
There will be a new thread opened specifically for public auditing scheduled in 3 days.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
tifozi

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 04:13:46 AM

Sounds awesome. Thanks for the support and updates.
Jaguar0625

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 04:17:30 AM

At the moment, we're using a private git repository so that we can iterate a little faster without having to defend every line of code we write Smiley.

NEM - nem.io
tifozi

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 04:25:15 AM

At the moment, we're using a private git repository so that we can iterate a little faster without having to defend every line of code we write Smiley.

Thanks Jaguar, makes sense to use private git there.
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 04:27:26 AM

I guess that is a part about being transparent about the whole process. I don't see it as washing dirty laundry because there is nothing bad to hide and it does not violate anyone privacy at all.
On the other hand, the more effort people spend on the public auditing, the better nem reputation will be. We do it once but do it thoroughly.
I do have a request that all investigations should go to another thread or communicate with each other via pm.
There will be a new thread opened specifically for public auditing scheduled in 3 days.

I agree. I just wanted to give some exapmles to encourage people for their own audit.

lhuibin

Activity: 169

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 04:38:47 AM

http://www.ournem.com/ can not open now.

▮█     KRYLL     ▮█     AUTOMATED CRYPTO TRADING STRATEGIES MADE SIMPLE     ▮█
▁▁   ▮ █     Whitepaper   █   Token sale will start on Feb 7, 2018   █   Announcement     █ ▮   ▁▁
╚═══════●  ﹙ Telegram ﹚  ●●  ﹙ Twitter ﹚  ●●  ﹙ Facebook ﹚  ═══════╝
ZeroTheGreat

Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 04:41:27 AM

Yes, but NXT community should realise this. Think they are jealous
I'm sure both communities contains different people. The last thing that is worth doing - is linearly extrapolation of behaviors from member of society to society itself.

"No Envy" - great idea, words that fit.
ZeroTheGreat

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 04:54:35 AM

what the fuck ! i saw another coin, MEE TOO, they said they will exactly clone NEM.....

So what? It's a free market. I hope NEM's sources'll be published ASAP.
ZeroTheGreat

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 04:57:11 AM

I think we should brainstorm about how to get a FIAT <-> NEM service going.
Any ideas ?
Through Nxt or even with own decentralized exchange.
ShawnLeary

Activity: 518
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 04:59:25 AM

Hello all!
I suggest using this logo for NEM. This is not a coin, it is necessary to deviate from a circular shape.

YES!!

"We have the power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: