Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 07:01:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin - PoW reward for solar energy | the GREEN KING of Crypto  (Read 138363 times)
passionsurf

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:22:07 AM

If solarcoin gets picked up by cryptsy one day then the ask on allcrypt will be gone very fast. probably by cryptsy themself.

You know, the Bittrex total 24 hour trading volume is growing impressively fast. Today for example it's 920 BTC. Cryptsy is 1300 BTC. Allcrypt is 12 BTC... I'm slowly getting into the camp of going to Bittrex for trading since we already have the trading pair on there. (They were the second exchange to add us right after Allcrypt). They are climbing so fast, it wouldn't surprise me if that exchange surpasses Cryptsy soon.

Maybe we don't need to get on Cryptsy and MintPal? Let's just start using Bittrex more? I think I am going to do my trading there for a while, as soon as I get some money.  Cheesy

Full disclosure: In our Board Meeting last week, this was an item for discussion and the Board recommends NOT promoting a particular exchange, let the market decide. You'll see that point when we release the minutes of that Board meeting. As a Board Member, I agree with that approach. My comment above is my own personal opinion as an investor.

I like AllCrypt, their team is smart and quick to address problems. I've used Bittrex also and I'm equally impressed with their site. As it should be, the market will decide where to trade, but I will tell you this, once it hits cryptsy that's where the market is going to trade, haha. People just like to use them for some reason despite their many issues which have been addressed I might add.

I'm with you, I definitely like AllCrypt better. The website is much easier to navigate and for some reason deposits are much quicker. But in reality I buy solarcoins from either exchange depending on which one is cheaper.
muzhiming

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:49:23 AM

Is there something wrong with the Cryptopoolmining pool? Says the last block they found was 15 hours ago. Um, that's weird right?

Yop. Very strange.
Someone's want to post me a slr address? I will sent 1 slr to check if networks works.
Wallet is sync. Could be just a cryptopool problem.

Send one to mine in my signature and I'll send it back.
team work carefully and earnestly,this coin is certainly a period of time I have to keep it!
Very good!

Free Distribution 50,000,000 VPNCOIN !!! VwvaR66x9qck3qVgtUxRmm23VSSanuTPfF[/color]
deathmul

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 10:46:02 AM

Nice pump on poloniex!

passionsurf

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 04:27:49 PM

Difficulty issue needs to be addressed ASAP. We are now stuck at a high difficulty and the main mining pool has gone offline.  We will be stuck at this level for weeks if not resolved.

I agree. But is Cryptopoolmining actually offline? Because when you look through the Blocks on the block explorer, it is showing that blocks are being solved by cryptopoolmining. See here and just step back through some of the blocks, you'll see it on the transaction comment: http://184.73.159.72/b/12ngCJqXrq

Are the payments coming in? Does the pool website need to be refreshed or something?

i haven't gotten a payment from them in over a day. I just did a manual cashout for a few odd coins and it worked. But these where from yesterday.

I bet they are just behind and i will recieve my coins later on

I don't mine there, has anyone tried to contact them about this?

just sent a support ticket.

I've been wondering about the SLR network myself. I've never had a problem connecting my wallet to the server, but now it won't hold a connection. Is there a problem with the server? maybe something to do with changing the algo?
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 04:30:02 PM

We need to switch over to Proof Of Stake asap.

Dont even waste time on other fixes kgw etc.

Please help lower my electric bill  Cry  with POS.
passionsurf

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 05:01:58 PM

What exactly is POS and how would that help with the diff problem?
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:16:23 PM

proof of stake. wallets do the work so you don't need gpu's to generate blocks, though you can still use them.

freebird

Activity: 414

Freedom through Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:23:35 PM

Change to DigiShield is already being tested by our dev team as we speak.

As for PoS, it's next up for study. From the minutes of last week's Board meeting:

Unanimous decision: Nick Gogerty will lead a task force to research possibilities to decrease mining reward and/or switch to Proof of Stake or Proof of Stake Velocity or other methodology for securing the SolarCoin network.

Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience. Distributed as charitable grants by a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Learn more at Grantcoin.org
LuckyKey

Activity: 368

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 09:15:39 PM

Somebody tell me if I am out of my mind or not :-)

I mentioned before about the possibility of getting the big PV companies to donate to the solarcoin initiative, and I fully believe that if we came up with an idea that would create value for solarcoin, that their investment would be given back to them 10 fold.  It would be nothing for the big boys to donate 1 million (plus?) annually…they have revenue in the billions and profits in the hundreds of millions.  It could potentially be an expense on the balance sheet too.

Let's, for the sake of argument, say they (combined) throw $5 million a year towards solarcoin (to start). Now let's say there's approx. 50 million solarcoins in distribution (by end of 2014, or just after?). That would provide $0.10 per solarcoin value to solarcoin holders (if everyone went through the claim process). The challenge then becomes, how do we get that $ back to real investors (solarcoin holders).  Then, I thought of the registry…or whatever the Foundation are calling the repository that exists for solarcoin claims (from solar energy production).

Solarcoin has something that other crypto currencies does not - a registry of Users/producers.  So then I thought, why not take it another level, and offer tracking of solarcoin holders, for the purpose of receiving the $ donated by the big manufacturers?  It's the exact opposite of some of the crazy stuff going on with other crypto coins (that push anonymity), where by some form of claim takes place based on the total solarcoins held by registered owners.  The blockchain can provide proof of ownership, by solarcoin wallet identifier, and $ could be actually delivered on a per coin basis. It might only be a slight expansion of the current claims repository, with a couple more fields,  to include a registration process for those with solarcoin wallets, with real addresses (to send the cheques). The confirmation may be performed in a similar fashion that paypal does when you register a bank account, where they deposit a small amount to confirm the access/identity of the User.  Each solarcoin registrant could be told to send a very small, but specific, amount of solarcoin, to confirm they are who they say they are (who owns the solarcoin wallet).  Again, blockchain could confirm the numbers.

To increase value, an annual per coin amount could be provided, based on how long the current solarcoin holder has held the coin, at the end of the year…like maybe a penny per coin for each month the current wallet owner has held their coins.  This concept would significantly raise the value of solarcoins, as the supply would be so small, with most people holding on to their coins for the annual return, and the demand would drive the price up way beyond the $0.10 annual per coin return.  It could bring on the multi-dollar value very quickly; thus making it a very good incentive for investors to produce solar energy; thus providing a bigger incentive for PV manufacturers and others (service companies, etc.) to donate more $ to the cause.  It could be a huge benefit, for a relatively small investment?

Let me know what you guys think of this idea….or if I am completely nuts!  lol

Epiphany

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 10:18:51 PM

I mentioned before about the possibility of getting the big PV companies to donate to the solarcoin initiative, and I fully believe that if we came up with an idea that would create value for solarcoin, that their investment would be given back to them 10 fold.  It would be nothing for the big boys to donate 1 million (plus?) annually…they have revenue in the billions and profits in the hundreds of millions.  It could potentially be an expense on the balance sheet too.

Let's, for the sake of argument, say they (combined) throw $5 million a year towards solarcoin (to start). Now let's say there's approx. 50 million solarcoins in distribution (by end of 2014, or just after?). That would provide $0.10 per solarcoin value to solarcoin holders (if everyone went through the claim process). The challenge then becomes, how do we get that $ back to real investors (solarcoin holders).  Then, I thought of the registry…or whatever the Foundation are calling the repository that exists for solarcoin claims (from solar energy production).

Solarcoin has something that other crypto currencies does not - a registry of Users/producers.  So then I thought, why not take it another level, and offer tracking of solarcoin holders, for the purpose of receiving the $ donated by the big manufacturers?  It's the exact opposite of some of the crazy stuff going on with other crypto coins (that push anonymity), where by some form of claim takes place based on the total solarcoins held by registered owners.  The blockchain can provide proof of ownership, by solarcoin wallet identifier, and $ could be actually delivered on a per coin basis. It might only be a slight expansion of the current claims repository, with a couple more fields,  to include a registration process for those with solarcoin wallets, with real addresses (to send the cheques). The confirmation may be performed in a similar fashion that paypal does when you register a bank account, where they deposit a small amount to confirm the access/identity of the User.  Each solarcoin registrant could be told to send a very small, but specific, amount of solarcoin, to confirm they are who they say they are (who owns the solarcoin wallet).  Again, blockchain could confirm the numbers.

To increase value, an annual per coin amount could be provided, based on how long the current solarcoin holder has held the coin, at the end of the year…like maybe a penny per coin for each month the current wallet owner has held their coins.  This concept would significantly raise the value of solarcoins, as the supply would be so small, with most people holding on to their coins for the annual return, and the demand would drive the price up way beyond the $0.10 annual per coin return.  It could bring on the multi-dollar value very quickly; thus making it a very good incentive for investors to produce solar energy; thus providing a bigger incentive for PV manufacturers and others (service companies, etc.) to donate more $ to the cause.  It could be a huge benefit, for a relatively small investment?

Let me know what you guys think of this idea….or if I am completely nuts!  lol

If you're nuts, I'm nuts too. What you just said perfectly puts to words the moment I realized all of that myself and then my mind started doing somersaults thinking about the HUGE potential. That was when I came up with the name Epiphany.  Shocked I'm not kidding.  Cheesy

Bitcoin:     17tzgWkXMBazch4koAhokMTcCtbc4TaYkE
Ether:        0xfe700f4aeec47e52eafad00f81977bb89738e0ae
​SolarCoin: 8MDk963sEh7RCMo3y3st7hTzMs7FzSdWSx
Dogecoin: DEgdH6CFTLSEeVVPqfE18ySCQqDWmLxp33
corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:48:19 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2014, 12:04:46 AM by corather

I mentioned before about the possibility of getting the big PV companies to donate to the solarcoin initiative, and I fully believe that if we came up with an idea that would create value for solarcoin, that their investment would be given back to them 10 fold.  It would be nothing for the big boys to donate 1 million (plus?) annually…they have revenue in the billions and profits in the hundreds of millions.  It could potentially be an expense on the balance sheet too.

Let's, for the sake of argument, say they (combined) throw $5 million a year towards solarcoin (to start). Now let's say there's approx. 50 million solarcoins in distribution (by end of 2014, or just after?). That would provide $0.10 per solarcoin value to solarcoin holders (if everyone went through the claim process). The challenge then becomes, how do we get that $ back to real investors (solarcoin holders).  Then, I thought of the registry…or whatever the Foundation are calling the repository that exists for solarcoin claims (from solar energy production).

Solarcoin has something that other crypto currencies does not - a registry of Users/producers.  So then I thought, why not take it another level, and offer tracking of solarcoin holders, for the purpose of receiving the $ donated by the big manufacturers?  It's the exact opposite of some of the crazy stuff going on with other crypto coins (that push anonymity), where by some form of claim takes place based on the total solarcoins held by registered owners.  The blockchain can provide proof of ownership, by solarcoin wallet identifier, and $ could be actually delivered on a per coin basis. It might only be a slight expansion of the current claims repository, with a couple more fields,  to include a registration process for those with solarcoin wallets, with real addresses (to send the cheques). The confirmation may be performed in a similar fashion that paypal does when you register a bank account, where they deposit a small amount to confirm the access/identity of the User.  Each solarcoin registrant could be told to send a very small, but specific, amount of solarcoin, to confirm they are who they say they are (who owns the solarcoin wallet).  Again, blockchain could confirm the numbers.

To increase value, an annual per coin amount could be provided, based on how long the current solarcoin holder has held the coin, at the end of the year…like maybe a penny per coin for each month the current wallet owner has held their coins.  This concept would significantly raise the value of solarcoins, as the supply would be so small, with most people holding on to their coins for the annual return, and the demand would drive the price up way beyond the $0.10 annual per coin return.  It could bring on the multi-dollar value very quickly; thus making it a very good incentive for investors to produce solar energy; thus providing a bigger incentive for PV manufacturers and others (service companies, etc.) to donate more $ to the cause.  It could be a huge benefit, for a relatively small investment?

The registry itself is enough to add value to the technology, I think donations aren't needed. SLR will achieve value through adoption, and who wouldn't adopt it? It's as viable as any commodity backed currency and it's completely voluntary so there's no strings attached.

There's so much more that's going to add value to this blockchain also. It's scientifically useful as well, and there's more potential that's not even been thought of yet.

*edit: You mentioned donate but I think that's not quite right. If the solar industry invested in solarcoin, then yeah your idea is bright. Smiley

bgmc

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:19:42 AM

proof of stake. wallets do the work so you don't need gpu's to generate blocks, though you can still use them.

I don't understand how this will fix the pump n dump "difficulty" problem.
corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:57:19 AM

I don't understand how this will fix the pump n dump "difficulty" problem.

You're right, but that's not how the difficulty problem is being addressed. Digishield is being tested right now.

LuckyKey

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:22:06 AM

The registry itself is enough to add value to the technology, I think donations aren't needed. SLR will achieve value through adoption, and who wouldn't adopt it? It's as viable as any commodity backed currency and it's completely voluntary so there's no strings attached.

There's so much more that's going to add value to this blockchain also. It's scientifically useful as well, and there's more potential that's not even been thought of yet.

*edit: You mentioned donate but I think that's not quite right. If the solar industry invested in solarcoin, then yeah your idea is bright. Smiley

Agree, invest is a more viable word than donate…a relatively small investment from the solar industry could rapidly increase solarcoin value. It could be a first, and very strong step in the crypto world. :-)

vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:05:49 AM

I mentioned before about the possibility of getting the big PV companies to donate to the solarcoin initiative, and I fully believe that if we came up with an idea that would create value for solarcoin, that their investment would be given back to them 10 fold.  It would be nothing for the big boys to donate 1 million (plus?) annually…they have revenue in the billions and profits in the hundreds of millions.  It could potentially be an expense on the balance sheet too.

Let's, for the sake of argument, say they (combined) throw $5 million a year towards solarcoin (to start). Now let's say there's approx. 50 million solarcoins in distribution (by end of 2014, or just after?). That would provide $0.10 per solarcoin value to solarcoin holders (if everyone went through the claim process). The challenge then becomes, how do we get that $ back to real investors (solarcoin holders).  Then, I thought of the registry…or whatever the Foundation are calling the repository that exists for solarcoin claims (from solar energy production).

Solarcoin has something that other crypto currencies does not - a registry of Users/producers.  So then I thought, why not take it another level, and offer tracking of solarcoin holders, for the purpose of receiving the $ donated by the big manufacturers?  It's the exact opposite of some of the crazy stuff going on with other crypto coins (that push anonymity), where by some form of claim takes place based on the total solarcoins held by registered owners.  The blockchain can provide proof of ownership, by solarcoin wallet identifier, and $ could be actually delivered on a per coin basis. It might only be a slight expansion of the current claims repository, with a couple more fields,  to include a registration process for those with solarcoin wallets, with real addresses (to send the cheques). The confirmation may be performed in a similar fashion that paypal does when you register a bank account, where they deposit a small amount to confirm the access/identity of the User.  Each solarcoin registrant could be told to send a very small, but specific, amount of solarcoin, to confirm they are who they say they are (who owns the solarcoin wallet).  Again, blockchain could confirm the numbers.

To increase value, an annual per coin amount could be provided, based on how long the current solarcoin holder has held the coin, at the end of the year…like maybe a penny per coin for each month the current wallet owner has held their coins.  This concept would significantly raise the value of solarcoins, as the supply would be so small, with most people holding on to their coins for the annual return, and the demand would drive the price up way beyond the $0.10 annual per coin return.  It could bring on the multi-dollar value very quickly; thus making it a very good incentive for investors to produce solar energy; thus providing a bigger incentive for PV manufacturers and others (service companies, etc.) to donate more $ to the cause.  It could be a huge benefit, for a relatively small investment?

Let me know what you guys think of this idea….or if I am completely nuts!  lol

Bravo!
Epiphany

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 11:36:11 AM

So I saw Nick mention Ethereum in passing in another forum https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/3079-solarcoin-slr-information/page-17. Having never really delved into that one in any depth, I decided to go take a peek and see what all the fuss is about. And now I’m speechless.  Shocked

Picture this: What if the “currency” portion of SolarCoin were governed by the bitcoin protocol and the “proof of generation” portion of SolarCoin were governed by the Ethereum protocol? Seems to me that could totally work, right? Yin meet Yang!

It makes perfect sense to me. If that were to happen, we could easily have the winning formula to save the planet, both ecologically and economically! Transformational indeed.

Just think about the implications of that for a few moments and then tell me how long it takes before you’re able to speak…

Such a structure would also get around the security issues and the risk of losing coins, I think. If some of the pre-mined coins were held in reserve to cover future losses, a person who claims to have lost their coins could actually have them replaced and the lost ones removed altogether because the ethereum side could confirm that the guy who says he lost them is indeed the guy who was issued them and the SLR transactions side can easily confirm the correct amount that is lost. Then based on the contract rules in place for the reserve coins on ethereum, the lost coins could be taken from there to replace the ones destroyed with no double-counting taking place. Does that make any sense?

It also resolves anonymity too doesn't it? If you want to "earn" your coins from the Generation reserve then you must produce solar energy and you must provide name and proof of generation. If that part is done solely on ethereum and then ethereum approves release of the coin to your wallet, once the coins get there it's part of the bitcoin protocol and it's just cash then and your SLR address has no connection to you as a person because that information is stored separately. Does that make any sense???

I do apologize if I am babbling incoherently, there's just a million ideas zooming through my little brain right now.  Grin

I went back and found a couple of my posts from mid March during one of my "epiphany" stages. I had just discovered Ethereum at the time and was thinking of the possibilities. I thought it might be useful to share it again as I still think some version of what I'm saying is absolutely a real possibility going forward as other technologies advance that we can make use of.

Bitcoin:     17tzgWkXMBazch4koAhokMTcCtbc4TaYkE
Ether:        0xfe700f4aeec47e52eafad00f81977bb89738e0ae
​SolarCoin: 8MDk963sEh7RCMo3y3st7hTzMs7FzSdWSx
Dogecoin: DEgdH6CFTLSEeVVPqfE18ySCQqDWmLxp33
passionsurf

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:05:41 AM

I hope that the rape n dumps don't kill this coin. What can be done to prevent the SLR date rapes?

Speaking of date rapes, I'm about to join in on the solarcoin gang-bang here in less than 24 hours...

I'm predicting a network hash of 1000 MH/s during this next diff re-target.
Anyone else have a better prediction?

LOL Have fun, it may be the last chance you get to rape and pillage this one. Wink

Well, looks like we'll get another chance to rape and pillage after all ... how much longer? 2-2.5 days or so?
freebird

Activity: 414

Freedom through Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:24:55 AM

I hope that the rape n dumps don't kill this coin. What can be done to prevent the SLR date rapes?

Speaking of date rapes, I'm about to join in on the solarcoin gang-bang here in less than 24 hours...

LOL Have fun, it may be the last chance you get to rape and pillage this one. Wink

Well, looks like we'll get another chance to rape and pillage after all ... how much longer? 2-2.5 days or so?

Testing has begun on our testnet, and we're following a careful plan to make sure every aspect is checked for potential problems. Perhaps a week of testing, followed by another week to release the new clients and instructions to the community in preparation for the fork.

Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience. Distributed as charitable grants by a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Learn more at Grantcoin.org
LuckyKey

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:23:19 AM

Someone is mining solarcoin now with 564,274 Kh/s against the last couple of hundred blocks at the current difficulty.  It's driving up the difficulty for the next period. He's probably trying to get an early start a the low difficulty, but the expected difficulty in the next period is now indicating it'll be 10+. :-)
passionsurf

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:25:41 AM

Someone is mining solarcoin now with 564,274 Kh/s against the last couple of hundred blocks at the current difficulty.  It's driving up the difficulty for the next period. He's probably trying to get an early start a the low difficulty, but the expected difficulty in the next period is now indicating it'll be 10+. :-)

Just saw that myself. Looks like we won't get to pillage like I was hoping.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: