Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:04:11 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin - PoW reward for solar energy | the GREEN KING of Crypto  (Read 138363 times)
LuckyKey

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:22:31 PM

What do you think the average solarcoin net hash rate will be when the new diff retarget comes into play in about 1k blocks?  I guess we'll see what's profitable at that point? It'd be nice if the difficulty stabilized some, and settled in the 2-3 range most of the time…that way I could/would still mine :-)   

Well every 15 minutes it readjusts, so I would think it would all even out over time right?

Should.  It should also stop the high hashing bandits, as it should set the difficulty too high (quickly) to produce many hundreds of thousands of coins per 1440 blocks. It'd be nice to see it like it was for a couple of days before yesterday….where there were hundreds of pool workers producing a steady (not astronomical) hash rate…spread the wealth :-)

Epiphany

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 04:03:11 PM

Oh my God... it's killing me looking at Bittrex right now. All those juicy 1000 satoshi SolarCoins for sale and I have no money to buy them all!!!!   Undecided Angry Cry

Bitcoin:     17tzgWkXMBazch4koAhokMTcCtbc4TaYkE
Ether:        0xfe700f4aeec47e52eafad00f81977bb89738e0ae
​SolarCoin: 8MDk963sEh7RCMo3y3st7hTzMs7FzSdWSx
Dogecoin: DEgdH6CFTLSEeVVPqfE18ySCQqDWmLxp33
Epiphany

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 04:04:39 PM

Nice volume there today though! That's good to see.  Smiley

mackattack

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:14:14 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2014, 06:37:42 PM by mackattack

Well SLR code is so choppy and a mess looking right now!!!

I don't have the time to go look through your mess of post/code right now, I just pulled up the forum quick today to see if you finally fixed the code.

OK not sure if "ddirt" or "ubuntu" are writing code for Solarcoin now or if they are just having fun. BC non of the new code has been merged to the Master branch yet...

But reading it all al beit quickly, has me shaking me head and not seeing one thing right yet, from miss understood code to bloat code.

It's time for the Foundation to tell everyone if Justin is still working for solarcoin?HuhHuh??

OK diggin through this I see you all here talking about 15 min re-target...

I'm not expert like sunuser is on coding

here is what I see...

You have Justin's master branch which we are all using still bc there has been no Fork yet (so no fix has been written we are all just waiting for the original back up to kick in)
https://github.com/solarcoin/solarcoin/tree/master/src  

here was from original code release it had a back up "_Version2" written in the code to start at "nHeight_Version2 = 208440" or block 208440

Now unless I messed a new wallet release somewhere you are all sitting around waiting for this back-up to hit...

I dont have the time to check but unless Justin was wrong with his math // 10 minutes was stated in his code

Code:
static const int64 nTargetTimespan_Version1 = 24 * 60 * 60; // SolarCoin: 24 Hours
static const int64 nTargetSpacing = 60 ; // SolarCoin: 1 Minute Blocks
static const int64 nInterval_Version1 = nTargetTimespan_Version1 / nTargetSpacing; // SolarCoin: 1440 blocks

static const int64 nHeight_Version2 = 208440;
static const int64 nInterval_Version2 = 15;
static const int64 nTargetTimespan_Version2 = nInterval_Version2 * nTargetSpacing; // 10 minutes

Now justin looked to be working on changing this all with a branch off the master that I'm sure he was planing to just merge when he was done and ready...
25 days ago
https://github.com/solarcoin/solarcoin/tree/diff-retarget/src

now what did justin fix the code to say?
25 days ago

https://github.com/solarcoin/solarcoin/commit/87e62b7496ba37c6fec7e264f93f22987e3c2188

He took out the old back up  "_Version2" and added digishield

Code:
+    nInterval = nInterval_Version1;
+    nTargetTimespan = nTargetTimespan_Version1;

+    if (nHeight >= DiffChangeBlock) {

+        nTargetTimespan = 60 //1 min
+        nInterval = nTargetTimespan / nTargetSpacing; //60/60 = 1 block
+        //target timespan remains the same, 1 min

with "= DiffChangeBlock" set at 200000
Code:
+//block to apply patch
+static const int64_t DiffChangeBlock = 200000;

Great!!!!! old // 10 minutes back up gone and new //1 min retarget in its place at block 200000

HOWEVER in come this ddirt fork

Not sure what is goin on here but with all the talk about 15 min retarget 1 of 2 things either Justin math was wrong or you are looking at ddirt new code and it fixed Justins math
which reall blows my mind bc ddirt should not even have "_Version2" added back in and added Wrong i may add

ok ddirt fork and code
https://github.com/ddirt/solarcoin/blob/diff-retarget/src/main.cpp

Code:
int64 static GetBlockValue(int nHeight, int64 nFees)
{
    int64 nSubsidy = 100 * COIN;
if(nHeight < 99) {nSubsidy = 1000000000 * COIN;}
nSubsidy >>= (nHeight / 525600);
    return nSubsidy + nFees;
}

static const int64 nTargetTimespan_Version1 = 24 * 60 * 60; // SolarCoin: 24 Hours
static const int64 nInterval_Version1 = nTargetTimespan_Version1 / nTargetSpacing; // SolarCoin: 1440 blocks

//this is used in computeminwork but no longer in getnextwork
static const int64 nTargetTimespan_Version2 = nInterval_Version2 * nTargetSpacing; // 15 minutes

//block to apply patch
//CHANGE FOR PRODUCTION!
static const int64_t DiffChangeBlock = 3000;

So same numbers but now said to change every 15 min // 15 minutes not sure who is right?Huh??

however ddirt has old code
Code:
static const int64 nTargetTimespan_Version2 = nInterval_Version2 * nTargetSpacing; // 15 minutes

ONLY defined NEVER used!!!!!! bc the use of the code

Code:
 if (pindexLast->nHeight+1 < nHeight_Version2)
-    {
-        nInterval = nInterval_Version1;
-        nTargetTimespan = nTargetTimespan_Version1;
-    }
-    else
-    {
-        nInterval = nInterval_Version2;
-        nTargetTimespan = nTargetTimespan_Version2;

Is missing from ddirt code?HuhHuhHuh? So there is defind code that is never used bc

Code:
//block to apply patch
//CHANGE FOR PRODUCTION!

AND

Code:
 if (nHeight >= DiffChangeBlock) {
        nTargetTimespan = 60; //1 min
        nInterval = nTargetTimespan / nTargetSpacing; //60/60 = 1 block
        //target timespan remains the same, 1 min

over rule the old "nHeight_Version2 = 208440" SO I have no idea why ddirt wrote old code that gets over ruled, defined and never executed in to the code?Huh?

and if using " DiffChangeBlock = 3000" why not just use the number "1" ? 3000 has been passed long ago?HuhHuh

So some one if anyone knows what the hell they are talking about pls tell us all... Is the old back-up that we are all waiting to hit at block 208440 is 15 min or like Justin said 10 min?

will the real digisheild 1 min block re-target be used sometime SOON?

I see you guys still don't understand you get what you pay for... I see Sunuser was approached and probably asked and offered 3k or small amount like that...? Epiphany I know how nice you are and I mean this in a nice way but saying 5k Solarcoins (I'm sure you just meant what part you would throw in..) is not even close to being a rude offer!!!! it's a flat out insult!!! You all need to hear real world numbers bc Like I siad I still have my money and family memebers money in SLR so pls it's time to get real you are a CryptoCurrency  whit out dealing with SLR as a Currency a real Currency you guys are just working on a CryptoCoupon "that stats on the bottom NO real value"

A coder like Sunuser needs to hear numbers like 1 million Solarcoins before your request is serious. If that scares your board then it may be time to rethink this whole thing. I have seen coders get that amount when its 2-3% of the coin cap to work on many other coins, 1 million Solarcoins is 0.2% of just the genesis pool and 0.001% of the coin cap

The board cant flip a penny at hours of work and expect it to be done right, I'm sorry if you think I'm wrong bc that scares me if you still can't see this...
Epiphany

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 06:42:03 PM

I see you guys still don't understand you get what you pay for... I see Sunuser was approached and probably asked and offered 3k or small amount like that...? Epiphany I know how nice you are and I mean this in a nice way but saying 5k Solarcoins (I'm sure you just meant what part you would throw in..) is not even close to being a rude offer!!!! it's a flat out insult!!! You all need to hear real world numbers bc Like I siad I still have my money and family memebers money in SLR so pls it's time to get real you are a CryptoCurrency  whit out dealing with SLR as a Currency a real Currency you guys are just working on a CryptoCoupon "that stats on the bottom NO real value"

A coder like Sunuser needs to hear numbers like 1 million Solarcoins before your request is serious. If that scares your board then it may be time to rethink this whole thing. I have seen coders get that amount when its 2-3% of the coin cap to work on many other coins, 1 million Solarcoins is 0.2% of just the genesis pool and 0.001% of the coin cap

I appreciate your positive sentiment towards me here, I really do. However, I have trust issues with you as well as with Sunuser and I'm sure you both know why. On top of that, I actually know with 100% certainty who one of you is. Given that, I am having a difficult time with your true intentions here. And while they may be good intentions, I can't help but view your concerns as simply an attempt at FUD. For what reason I cannot fathom. I'd prefer that not to be the case given that you are both early investors (assuming you are actually two different people). I would prefer to see you both working with us than actively against us with these anonymous shenanigans and multiple personalities. Please reconsider that approach!

Oddly enough, as a gamer myself, I can actually empathize somewhat with that particular strategy which is why I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt. But years of experience tells me to be cautious. And so here I sit...

We are doing the best we can. I'll leave it to Doug or Justin if they feel the need to address your concerns directly about the coding. As for me, I'm sorry but I just can't take you seriously anymore.  Sad

LuckyKey

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:14:01 PM

Well SLR code is so choppy and a mess looking right now!!!

I don't have the time to go look through your mess of post/code right now, I just pulled up the forum quick today to see if you finally fixed the code.

OK not sure if "ddirt" or "ubuntu" are writing code for Solarcoin now or if they are just having fun. BC non of the new code has been merged to the Master branch yet...

But reading it all al beit quickly, has me shaking me head and not seeing one thing right yet, from miss understood code to bloat code.

It's time for the Foundation to tell everyone if Justin is still working for solarcoin?HuhHuh??

OK diggin through this I see you all here talking about 15 min re-target...

I'm not expert like sunuser is on coding

here is what I see...

You have Justin's master branch which we are all using still bc there has been no Fork yet (so no fix has been written we are all just waiting for the original back up to kick in)
https://github.com/solarcoin/solarcoin/tree/master/src  

here was from original code release it had a back up "_Version2" written in the code to start at "nHeight_Version2 = 208440" or block 208440

Now unless I messed a new wallet release somewhere you are all sitting around waiting for this back-up to hit...

I dont have the time to check but unless Justin was wrong with his math // 10 minutes was stated in his code

Code:

static const int64 nTargetTimespan_Version2 = nInterval_Version2 * nTargetSpacing; // 10 minutes

Now justin looked to be working on changing this all with a branch off the master that I'm sure he was planing to just merge when he was done and ready...
25 days ago
https://github.com/solarcoin/solarcoin/tree/diff-retarget/src

now what did justin fix the code to say?
25 days ago

https://github.com/solarcoin/solarcoin/commit/87e62b7496ba37c6fec7e264f93f22987e3c2188

He took out the old back up  "_Version2" and added digishield

Code:
+    nInterval = nInterval_Version1;
+    nTargetTimespan = nTargetTimespan_Version1;

+    if (nHeight >= DiffChangeBlock) {

+        nTargetTimespan = 60 //1 min
+        nInterval = nTargetTimespan / nTargetSpacing; //60/60 = 1 block
+        //target timespan remains the same, 1 min

with "= DiffChangeBlock" set at 200000
Code:
+//block to apply patch
+static const int64_t DiffChangeBlock = 200000;

Great!!!!! old // 10 minutes back up gone and new //1 min retarget in its place at block 200000

HOWEVER in come this ddirt fork

Not sure what is goin on here but with all the talk about 15 min retarget 1 of 2 things either Justin math was wrong or you are looking at ddirt new code and it fixed Justins math
which reall blows my mind bc ddirt should not even have "_Version2" added back in and added Wrong i may add

ok ddirt fork and code
https://github.com/ddirt/solarcoin/blob/diff-retarget/src/main.cpp

Code:
int64 static GetBlockValue(int nHeight, int64 nFees)
{
    int64 nSubsidy = 100 * COIN;
if(nHeight < 99) {nSubsidy = 1000000000 * COIN;}
nSubsidy >>= (nHeight / 525600);
    return nSubsidy + nFees;
}

//this is used in computeminwork but no longer in getnextwork

//block to apply patch
//CHANGE FOR PRODUCTION!

So same numbers but now said to change every 15 min // 15 minutes not sure who is right?Huh??

however ddirt has old code
Code:

ONLY defined NEVER used!!!!!! bc the use of the code

Code:
 if (pindexLast->nHeight+1 < nHeight_Version2)
-    {
-        nInterval = nInterval_Version1;
-        nTargetTimespan = nTargetTimespan_Version1;
-    }
-    else
-    {
-        nInterval = nInterval_Version2;
-        nTargetTimespan = nTargetTimespan_Version2;

Is missing from ddirt code?HuhHuhHuh? So there is defind code that is never used bc

Code:
//block to apply patch
//CHANGE FOR PRODUCTION!

AND

Code:
 if (nHeight >= DiffChangeBlock) {
        nTargetTimespan = 60; //1 min
        nInterval = nTargetTimespan / nTargetSpacing; //60/60 = 1 block
        //target timespan remains the same, 1 min

over rule the old "nHeight_Version2 = 208440" SO I have no idea why ddirt wrote old code that gets over ruled, defined and never executed in to the code?Huh?

and if using " DiffChangeBlock = 3000" why not just use the number "1" ? 3000 has been passed long ago?HuhHuh

So some one if anyone knows what the hell they are talking about pls tell us all... Is the old back-up that we are all waiting to hit at block 208440 is 15 min or like Justin said 10 min?

will the real digisheild 1 min block re-target be used sometime SOON?

I see you guys still don't understand you get what you pay for... I see Sunuser was approached and probably asked and offered 3k or small amount like that...? Epiphany I know how nice you are and I mean this in a nice way but saying 5k Solarcoins (I'm sure you just meant what part you would throw in..) is not even close to being a rude offer!!!! it's a flat out insult!!! You all need to hear real world numbers bc Like I siad I still have my money and family memebers money in SLR so pls it's time to get real you are a CryptoCurrency  whit out dealing with SLR as a Currency a real Currency you guys are just working on a CryptoCoupon "that stats on the bottom NO real value"

The board cant flip a penny at hours of work and expect it to be done right, I'm sorry if you think I'm wrong bc that scares me if you still can't see this...

Haven't looked at the new code, but the old code looks valid, with nothing commented out.  The rediff should be every 15 minutes, after block 208840 is mined.  The 10 minute statement is just a comment, which looks to be properly updated/changed in the new code….the code is the same in that module on both sides, just the comment looks to have changed. Who hasn't forgot to update a comment or two in their code?!  That's for those that do put comments in their code!

I don't think solarcoin, or any coin for that matter, needs bashers?  It needs good, competent volunteers.

It doesn't take a million solarcoins to find someone to make some changes to this code.   

I have faith in the public source method, and like the fact that people are happy with the decisions moving forward.

If the devs need help, reach out…there's some good people out there that can assist. Otherwise, great job, and keep up the good work!  :-)

LuckyKey

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:51:47 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2014, 08:41:21 PM by LuckyKey

As another User pointed out, the urgency to make any further code changes may disappear with the upcoming difficulty adjustment code about to take affect.

Let's take another look back in a week or two and see what has transpired.

dfelmann

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:03:44 AM

The 10 minute comment in the original source code is obviously a typo; it should say 15 minutes. The other branches are still a work in progress for testing purposes and still need to be cleaned up. No worries we will get that done!

To avoid any confusion when we hit the 208440 block, the mining pools will need to update their statistics to reflect the new 15 minute retargets. If that is not done the mining pool front end will not show the correct estimated next difficulty and change in xx blocks. That does not indicate any actual problems on the network, just a mistake in the mpos front end web page.

I already reached out to cryptopoolmining but have not heard back yet. Will also contact prominers now.

Pool operators in case you are reading this I believe you need to update the coindiffchangetarget value in your MPOS configuration.
dfelmann

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:22:07 AM

Reminder: you can check the difficulty via the block explorer at http://solarcoin.zapto.org/chain/solarcoin or via your wallet client (getdifficulty or getmininginfo command from the terminal) .

After block 208440 we should see the diff changing every 15 blocks.

xiaobei

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 08:11:45 AM

Looks very good coin, trading is not active,why?

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
DeepOnion 
★ ★ ★ ★ ★   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
LuckyKey

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 11:12:01 AM

The 10 minute comment in the original source code is obviously a typo; it should say 15 minutes. The other branches are still a work in progress for testing purposes and still need to be cleaned up. No worries we will get that done!

To avoid any confusion when we hit the 208440 block, the mining pools will need to update their statistics to reflect the new 15 minute retargets. If that is not done the mining pool front end will not show the correct estimated next difficulty and change in xx blocks. That does not indicate any actual problems on the network, just a mistake in the mpos front end web page.

I already reached out to cryptopoolmining but have not heard back yet. Will also contact prominers now.

Pool operators in case you are reading this I believe you need to update the coindiffchangetarget value in your MPOS configuration.

Great stuff - keep up the good work - much appreciated!

:-)
Epiphany

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 01:09:04 PM

Looks very good coin, trading is not active,why?

My guess is people/traders are pulling their bids/offers until the mining change at block 208440 happens. Meanwhile some who are mining right now are selling into the lower bids that are still sitting there on the exchanges. Assuming that goes smoothly with no hiccups, the bids will come back in.

We'll know more in a few hours.  Smiley

drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 03:39:50 PM

208,440 came and gone...  Huge whale still hashing away right now...  See where the next couple days land...

dfelmann

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:46:28 PM

As expected we are now retargeting difficulty every 15 blocks.

You can see a table of last blocks including difficulty on our block explorer at http://solarcoin.zapto.org/chain/solarcoin. The mining pools show the correct current difficulty but their "change in xx blocks" and "est. next difficulty" stats are still based on the 1440 retarget so will not be accurate until the pool operators get that updated.

Will be interesting to see how this affects network hashrate stability over the coming days.

LuckyKey

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:48:29 PM

208,440 came and gone...  Huge whale still hashing away right now...  See where the next couple days land...

Yeah, he's hashing at 10+ difficulty.  So much for the easy beat down.  With the difficulty rising, I suspect they will not be hanging around solarcoin too much. Let the door open to the larger number of smaller miners! ;-)

vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:58:11 PM

Great job people!
dfelmann

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:17:21 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2014, 04:29:14 PM by dfelmann

Miners, do please keep us informed here (or on the forums @ solarcoin.org) about your experience and observations (positive or negative) with the new diff retargeting. thanks!
drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 06:00:31 PM

Can you guys add a search to the block explorer, showing like top 500 wallets or something??

Would be interesting to see some transparency as far as what wallets out there are holding the most...  This would definitely give a clear view if there are a few users holding more than 50% of the coins mined...

Epiphany

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 06:03:43 PM

Can you guys add a search to the block explorer, showing like top 500 wallets or something??

Would be interesting to see some transparency as far as what wallets out there are holding the most...  This would definitely give a clear view if there are a few users holding more than 50% of the coins mined...

You think there could be someone out there with more than 10 million SolarCoins???  Shocked

corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:21:30 PM

You think there could be someone out there with more than 10 million SolarCoins???  Shocked

All your SolarCoins are belong to us!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: