Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2018, 04:17:22 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 [379] 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 853865 times)
no-ice-please

Activity: 654
Merit: 500

OPEN Platform - Powering Blockchain Acceptance

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 04:48:41 PM

... And the point I was making in my post is that mining always becomes prohibitively expensive to normal people as the market cap grows. Are you sure you understand how expensive it is to mine bitcoin? or litecoin? or dogecoin? Any coin with a market cap above 1M?

It will never be possible for people in those countries to actually make a decent amount off of something like huntercoin. That's a pipe dream. Huntercoin mining is a competitive game for money. That in itself makes what you're suggesting impossible. Only way you could change that is to remove the competitive, which would be silly.

Huntercoin is mined both by machines and by humans. The likely scenario with coins is a shift to coins using only human mining, since it gives the people behind a coin the ability to input human reactions to *anything* in an immediate way. A person could speculate that the most important use will be ai, but regardless it will also have the effect of leveling economies that are skewed by fiat.

If Huntercoin had a marketcap of $328,294,, as it does at the moment, and produces about 14,000 coins a day then about usd $318 are mined a day. That certainly isn't a lot.

If you look at the start of MZC, Neucoin and similar coins that started with an "economy leveling" agenda, i.e., to balance the disparity in fiat economies, re enfranchise some group, those coins, despite being abysmally made, got massive publicity. If either of those coins had been even a tiny fraction as well made as huc they would be near btc now. Society generally, across countries, is waiting for some entity to take that step and crypto is capable, and huntercoin is positioned well.

The general problem you are talking about would lead to wild fluctuations in price until many more coins stepped in and the capitalization of that sector was distributed better.

You can look at what Neucoin is doing, they are a poorly made corporate coin, already they have an infrastructure to go far in the developing world once development shifts to mining that involves human input. They are dipsydoodling along like some hillbilly who doesn't know anything but in reality that is the only coin I'm aware of that is preparing for the shift. The people behind that coin, as shitty a coin as it is, are going to blindside people who miss the obvious.

-

%%%%%%%%%%(        
      %%%%%%%%%%%%%  %%     
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%  .%%%%   
   %%%%%%%%        %%%%%%%  
  /%%%%%%           %%%%%%/ 
  %%%%%%(           (%%%%%% 
  %%%%%%(           (%%%%%% 
  ,%%%%%%           %%%%%%, 
   %%%%%%%%       %%%%%%%%  
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%   
      %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%     
         %%%%%%%%%%%       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
OPEN PLATFORM
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
[]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The World's Betting Exchange

Bet with play money. Win real Bitcoin. 5BTC Prize Fund for World Cup 2018.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

Activity: 1196
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2016, 05:54:27 PM

You know, I totally feel you on this, because I'm heavily involved with the African Bitcoin scene. Might be remotely presenting at a conference, there, soon, the organizer of which is on board with Huntercoin ever since I gave her some. I also lived in India for a stint, so I've personally seen the applications of what you're talking about. A little goes a long way over there, and they have surplus manpower.

But again, we have development work to do, first. People in third world countries need a faster and more lightweight client like Huntercore, and spectator mode will enable all kinds of new tokens and games via Wiggi's system that they could play. Meanwhile, we find time and manpower to design a lower-cost map.

There's other stuff we could do even further down the road. We have a pretty long-term plan. For example, if we figure out a way to significantly reduce the presence of malicious AI, we could talk about proof of play, again. In that system, human miners would actually be confirming transactions, instead of just getting coins for actions. That would be way more interesting!

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
snailbrain
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 06:48:34 PM

with the new changes (banks and spawn areas near coin spawns) - lower fees might not cause the map to be completely saturated like it was in the past - there might not be an advantage for someone to control 10000+ hunters.
It was easier for a dominator type player to control the map through masses of hunters making it virtually impossible to compete, as well as increasing blockchain size quickly..
The issue atm is not how many the dominator controls (dominating by numbers), but the fact they play 247 and combat is dumb/dull and it takes a long time to get to any coins (unless you are lucky)

The changes may prevent having masses of players blocking the coin spawn areas (or increasing the blockchain rapidly), and should allow people to access to the coin spawn areas in just a couple of minutes.

But - 90% of the map will be wasted - if we start placing random coin drops on the map (from the game fund), we'll see the map saturated again with low cost bot/dominators collecting those coins.

As i said in the other thread, we should probably wait to see how this fork pans out for now.

-

imo, we need to improve the gameplay, and especially the combat mechanics.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
wiggi

Activity: 374
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 09:08:23 PM

The issue atm is not how many the dominator controls (dominating by numbers), but the fact they play 247 and combat is dumb/dull and it takes a long time to get to any coins (unless you are lucky)

The changes may prevent having masses of players blocking the coin spawn areas (or increasing the blockchain rapidly), and should allow people to access to the coin spawn areas in just a couple of minutes.

This is the key point (or 1 of the 2 key points), time.

Everyone is still free to make 60, or 120 or more hunters, but if they show one weakness, like having an hunter attacked and not reacting properly, the prewarn time for the world of hurt that will come is now down to 4 minutes. Plus, the prewarn time for having that hunter attacked in the first place is now also down to 4 minutes.

Being able to play 24/7 is no longer an advantage, until now it was the decisive advantage, with the map being an abyss of time.

The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2016, 07:34:31 AM

As i said in the other thread, we should probably wait to see how this fork pans out for now.

Basically this.

The thing is, this is all revolutionary stuff we're doing here, straight from the minds of SnailBrain and wiggi to reality. That means it's all experimental and untested. You guys can't run too far with your theories and suppositions until we've tested some of your basic conclusions. This is why I really want multiple maps for our next fork, so we can measure the effects of different Hunter costs.

I'm also really curious what Wiggi will do with spectator mode, now, among other things. I think it'll take a couple months for us to fully understand the direction we need to go in, next.

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
wiggi

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 05:05:45 PM

Snailbrain set up a node for testnet and we did a testing session last night which went very well.
The official testnet is now past fork height, by 2 coin ghosting periods Smiley

This also means game rules of the "timesave" fork will remain as they are, and the fork will happen
on mainnet in a few weeks. (the exact block height is not set yet)

Windows executables:
Theoretically can be used on mainnet too, at the user's own peril, Being able to sync mainnet without error was of course part of the tests.

huntercoin-testnettimesave-win32-20161026.zip, 28.0 MB
Code:
https://mega.nz/#!rZVwDZYK!QVul-znYv8k66ViWZ1IZfLC9DGFvmmeMV4_rfgp96sw

huntercore-testnettimesave-win32-20161026.zip, 21.0 MB (wallet only)
Code:
https://mega.nz/#!yZ0SzYzR!TJSzvaVx_z1AIOHRQrakRvC_CruVi1ryN1uzyVxH6o0

source:
https://github.com/wiggi/huntercore/tree/master-timesave5
https://github.com/wiggi/huntercoin/tree/master-timesave5

Code:
addnode=178.62.17.234

Timesave fork list of changes ("timesave" because it makes getting into and out of action go much faster)

Reduction of possible player spawn tiles, and reduction of possible bank tiles:
Code:
#  unwalkable tile
c  coin harvest tile
.  adjacent tile
p  player spawn

pppppppp
pp......p
p..cccc.p
p.ccccc##
p.cccccc#p
p.cccccc.p
p...cccc.p
ppp......p
  pppppppp

Banks can't spawn on all walkable tiles but only on coin harvest tiles 'c' and adjacent tiles '.'

Logout on bank tile in 1 block (i.e. you can't be on a bank tile and not logout)

Player spawn tiles work like banks, faster than pre-fork banks (2 blocks until logout)

New hunter cost 1 HUC (down from 5)

Destruct cost 1 HUC (down from 20)

Refundable cost of a hunter is halved to 100

Hunter invulnerability after spawn for 5 blocks (ends if waypoints set)
Hunters can also choose to stand still to become spectator

Spectators are invulnerable and also can't move, refund normally 15 blocks after becoming one.

Ghosting to break up attempts of domination (with "phasing in") :
- repeated every 500 blocks so that every "timezone" has one event per day,
  1 ghosting event will accumulate about 700 coins that are released for the hunters at once when it ends
- when ghosting is in effect, coins spawn normally, but can't get picked up and accumulate on map
- ghosting is visualized with semi-opaque coins (Qt client)

Ghosting schedule:
at block 300 out of full 500, every 4th coin spawn is ghosted (game continues normally but coins already accumulate)
at block 450 out of full 500, 3 out of 4 coin spawns are ghosted (2 out of 4 would look ugly graphically)
at block 480 out of full 500, full ghosting
at block 500, return to normal

Misc:

All banks reset at once when fork hits

If banking on player spawn strip, the Crown of Fortune will remain with this hunter

(Qt client) The number behind hunter names is the counter for spawn invulnerability

Counter for spawn invulnerability will remain at 0 during the last 10 blocks before ghosting ends, for newly spawned hunters.
(so they have more time to consider strategy before the new war begins)

Once the mainnet fork height is set, I'm sure we can write an actual "Player's Handbook" from this and GameLogicChanges.txt

snailbrain
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 05:56:34 PM

Will be working on the unity3d client to work with the latest changes and Huntercore in the next week.

for testnet don't forget to use -testnet

don't use/test huntercore on top of your old chain (on mainnet or testnet)- this has not yet been completely signed off for use... and it also won't be able to convert your old chain. probably you will end up having to sync from scratch with the old version or worse corrupt some stuff like your wallet (although unlikely).

If you want to try out huntercore, I recommend using a separate datadir for now.
for example, run it like this (make a shortcut) for testnet :
Code:
huntercoin-qt.exe -datadir=C:\huntercore-test\datadir -testnet -addnode=178.62.17.234

for mainnet
Code:
huntercoin-qt.exe -datadir=C:\huntercore-test\datadir -addnode=178.62.17.234

you can also use the prune chain option like this (chain will be about 1gb in total after fully syncing, took me about 1day on mechanical hard drive):
Code:
huntercoin-qt.exe -datadir=C:\huntercore-test\datadir -addnode=178.62.17.234 -prune=550

syncing may seem slow at first but it will speed up.

noting - huntercore has no game tab yet to play from - so you would need to use a third party client - this unity3d version works most of the time - it doesn't show when syncing (due to a change of RPC from oldhuntercoin to huntercore), but you can see in the qt what is going on..
https://mega.nz/#!0UsDSYrb!zvYHgqwhImljmckPMSAZHK0eWDoq5izxHmY5ccD01U4

ALWAYS BACKUP WALLETS

Credits for Huntercore itself go to Domob for his hardwork and wiggi for hardfork code changes.

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Murch

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 09:53:39 PM

Well done snailbrain, wiggi, and domob.  Smiley All the changes seem quite sensible. You guys will be thinking about changing combat next?
JasonXG

Activity: 756

Betcoin.ag

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 01:33:36 AM

Eh... *scratches head* right....

I'm awfully confused. Is the blockchain forking so do i still need the files form the old wallet ? Son now the game resets or something ? Please bare in mind I have never played yet.

Also why do you guys fight so much. Cut it out seriously. You need a leader tonsort you out. Then you won't fight.

The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2016, 03:45:36 AM

Well done snailbrain, wiggi, and domob. Smiley All the changes seem quite sensible. You guys will be thinking about changing combat next?

Yeah, ideas for the next fork have already been discussed. One step at a time, though. I'm about to test the new clients and report my findings; if I can get it to work, I can get you all to get it to work.

I'm awfully confused. Is the blockchain forking so do i still need the files form the old wallet ? Son now the game resets or something ? Please bare in mind I have never played yet.

Also why do you guys fight so much. Cut it out seriously. You need a leader tonsort you out. Then you won't fight.

Nobody is fighting anymore, don't worry. The blockchain forking means you will need to update your client to one of the new versions; your existing wallet file should be fine, but please back it up, anyways. All your coins and everything will still be there, both before and after the fork kicks in.

tharani

Activity: 308

don't piss me off or else you will see the tigress

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2016, 10:08:41 AM

so what happened to huntercoin since i left , you guys getting funds or what.??

hope you guys make it into a reality , will do whatever help i can Smiley.

send me a message if you want your signature to be posted
JasonXG

Betcoin.ag

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 03:56:32 PM

Well done snailbrain, wiggi, and domob. Smiley All the changes seem quite sensible. You guys will be thinking about changing combat next?

Yeah, ideas for the next fork have already been discussed. One step at a time, though. I'm about to test the new clients and report my findings; if I can get it to work, I can get you all to get it to work.

Nobody is fighting anymore, don't worry. The blockchain forking means you will need to update your client to one of the new versions; your existing wallet file should be fine, but please back it up, anyways. All your coins and everything will still be there, both before and after the fork kicks in.

Yes I know I need my wallet file but I ment the blockchain. This is a new block chain so I simply delete it right ? Then make sure my wallet file is in the new folder ? Even if it were still 200 HUC for a character I was gonna buy some huc after the weekend. Well now I can have enough in case I need to buy another character.

snailbrain
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 04:41:50 PM

Yes I know I need my wallet file but I ment the blockchain. This is a new block chain so I simply delete it right ? Then make sure my wallet file is in the new folder ? Even if it were still 200 HUC for a character I was gonna buy some huc after the weekend. Well now I can have enough in case I need to buy another character.

remember, those links / changes, are only for testing at the moment. no hard fork has been set unless you are on testnet.

for now, best hold out for a bit. don't update or do anything.

|

|
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2016, 06:06:38 PM

It's not a new blockchain, exactly. All the block data is the same. The blocks are just stored in a different format, so you have to sync from scratch and can't use the old one.

wiggi

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 06:30:55 PM

It's not a new blockchain, exactly. All the block data is the same. The blocks are just stored in a different format, so you have to sync from scratch and can't use the old one.

The blockchain formats are like the difference between bitcoin 0.6 and bitcoin 0.13, you can sync the new one from scratch, or use the old one to sync the new one locally (even while offline), or just be stubborn and keep using the old one.

The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2016, 06:33:17 PM

or use the old one to sync the new one locally (even while offline)

I wouldn't try that, yet. I did, and I couldn't make it work. Or rather, I copied the old blockchain files to the new client's folder, and it was unable to convert them

wiggi

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 06:44:46 PM

I wouldn't try that, yet. I did, and I couldn't make it work. Or rather, I copied the old blockchain files to the new client's folder, and it was unable to convert them

You need 2 clients for this, old Huntercoin (with up-to-date blockchain), and Huntercore, connected. Then Huntercore would "download" the chain from old Huntercoin and store it in its own format.

JasonXG

Betcoin.ag

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 03:28:38 AM

You need 2 clients for this, old Huntercoin (with up-to-date blockchain), and Huntercore, connected. Then Huntercore would "download" the chain from old Huntercoin and store it in its own format.

You all saying different things. I dont know what to do. What do you mean ... Yes 2 clients ok I'm with you. Yes updates blockchain ok. Huntercore connected so that means both running st the same time. So huntercore gets the files from the old blockchain soni need the old wallet up and running because the new one will see it and download off it but it won't download since its on the same PC. Is this what you are trying to say ?

wiggi

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 04:31:38 PM

You all saying different things. I dont know what to do. What do you mean ... Yes 2 clients ok I'm with you. Yes updates blockchain ok. Huntercore connected so that means both running st the same time. So huntercore gets the files from the old blockchain soni need the old wallet up and running because the new one will see it and download off it but it won't download since its on the same PC. Is this what you are trying to say ?

The 2 clients are like a very old bitcoin client (v0.6) and a very new bitcoin client (v0.13). That's about the difference.

If you want a fast and easy way to sync Huntercore, use the pruned chain from
http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/topic,22255.msg26622.html#msg26622

The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2016, 10:23:49 AM

Huntercoin can get the files from the old wallet, but you don't have to do it that way. If you have a good computer/Internet (especially a solid state drive), I would sync from scratch if you want to use Huntercore and not worry about running 2 clients simultaneously. Or sync from the pruned chain download at chain.huntercoin.org if you want the old client. Unless you're fairly advanced with computers; then go ahead and do what you want.

Pages: « 1 ... 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 [379] 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.