Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:56:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 [360] 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879143 times)
wiggi

Activity: 403
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 11:13:35 PM

any screen shots of the game update?

Yes!  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 03:23:15 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2016, 04:52:01 AM by The Bitcoin Co-op

I had fun repping Huntercoin on the Gaming on the Blockchain panel at CoinFest 2016, moderated by Blocktalk for CoinFest UK and all the world via livestream to see. See it from the beginning of this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucZDDh2ljBw

Unfortunately, organizing a global convention like CoinFest keeps me overwhelming busy, so I didn't have time to organize the challenge by myself. A couple of the CoinFest events were delayed due to a family illness with an organizer, however, so games and activities are continuing. We'll play one game on Friday and one on Saturday, both for 30K HUC, and exact times will be announced along with victory destinations starting tomorrow. Get your client installed if you haven't yet, because that's quite a lot of money up for grabs!

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 09:52:45 AM

@no ice

agree on most of it. Things are changing just not at a rapid rate due to limited resources.
chain size/pruning is being worked on atm... then we hope to go over the game mechanics.

regarding slow moves etc, eventually we hope to integrate some of the work in domob's paper >

note, this is an  older version of which i know he is rehashing > https://extra.domob.eu/gamechannels.pdf

the possibilities are then pretty much endless.

-

@wiggi looks good, although little confused, and info?

-

@Bitcoin co-op

Great and thanks

wiggi

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 07:42:31 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2016, 07:26:40 PM by wiggi

@wiggi looks good, although little confused, and info?

This is getting longer than I thought...
(btw, latin gibberish from chaoticshiny.com, typos by me)

It's an informal voting system, similar to the one in Nxt.
I think for Huntercoin it will be much more useful because/if/when there are design decisions to be made.

Implementation:

All data is stored on the blockchain (and cached in gamestate), no servers other than Huntercoin nodes are involved.
In theory every block explorer + chat viewer + richlist would show the same results as the
latest, non-safemode version of betterQt compiles as result list.

It does so by creating a new gamestate data structure ("Storage Vault") for any "anonymous" vote.
Using an Huntercoin address that doesn't own one already is the definition of an anonymous vote.
(anonymous as in "hunter name is not known")

To call for votes (anyone can do that):

-Choose a block height when voting shall be closed, minimum 1 block in the future, max 19975 blocks in the future (testnet 1975 blocks)
 The block height must end with ...9975 (testnet ....975) to allow anonymous votes.

-Write a question with up to 10 possible answers (votes will be a number from 0 to 9)
 and send it as chat message.  (edit: message must start with "# ", max length is 1000 chars)
 It is stored with the hunter's name address in the hunter's storage vault.
 (which must exist -- it's possible to use the one created by "Cast the first vote" if you're fast enough)

-Cast the first vote (using same addr as the hunter that did the chat message)
 This will also show the message.

To cast a vote:

-Send as much coins as possible to yourself. First digit of the amount after decimal point is the vote (0-9), the remaining 7 digits after decimal point the "voting close block height".
 It doesn't matter how/by what client the tx is sent. Don't move the coins again (and also not the change of that tx).
-a new vote doesn't overwrite an existing vote if both use the same address (i.e. can't wipe other user's votes by sending them coins)
-Minimum for all votes is 1k coins. Anonymous votes must be >25k coins.

To delete a vote:

-move the coins (or the change)
-votes are automatically deleted 1440 blocks after voting close (testnet 144 blocks)

To comment:

-transfer an hunter to the desired address, send chat message (edit: message must start with "# ", max length is 1000 chars)

Without coin control *for game move fees* it's very easy to accidentally send the "voting" coins (or its change) as change elsewhere, thus deleting the vote.

edit: With v1.3.01 clients or daemon, tx fees are paid randomly using any address/account/unspent output, even if just sending coins with "sendfrom" command. That's why a wallet used to cast a vote shouldn't be used to send other transactions.

no-ice-please

Activity: 955
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 11:23:03 PM

An example of human mining http://www.neucoin.org/en/earn

It will be a tragedy if Huntercoin does not quickly become a human mineable coin but it will soon be a field crowded with new coins and if Huntercoin does not do it others are

(I do not own any of that coin but plan to buy some. I still have a lot of huntercoin, hoping it will adapt)
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 11:28:41 PM

It will be a tragedy if Huntercoin does not quickly become a human mineable coin but it will soon be a field crowded with new coins and if Huntercoin does not do it others are

(I do not own any of that coin but plan to buy some. I still have a lot of huntercoin, hoping it will adapt)

But Neucoin needs a central server to do all that. I don't want to game on a central server.

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
no-ice-please

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 11:51:52 PM

But Neucoin needs a central server to do all that. I don't want to game on a central server.

Uh, neucoin may be a scam  Shocked

HUC has honest devs who only have to look ahead a little bit

edit to add
So many brilliant coin ideas that nobody wants to develop.

Look at bithire, a brilliant project.
Neucoin likewise.
both scams?

The king of coins will be a genuinely human mineable coin with fair distribution (unlike neucoin). Huntercoin has everything needed. It just has to actually be a human mineable coin instead of a game coin.

I'm going to drop the issue and just wait for a coin to develop an authentic human mining process. I hope it will be Huntercoin, but whichever coin it is I will put what little money I have in it. Sorry to be pushy on the issue but it seems tragic that a coin like this with a great history and honest development cannot get past being a video game that isn't even playable for a lot of people
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 01:43:36 PM

I think a game is the perfect way to implement human mining because we want the process to be enjoyable for the human. The trick is in figuring out a decentralized game structure that's fun to play.

On that topic, Friday's Huntercoin challenge has begun! The first Hunter to bring the Crown of Fortune to the top-right corner wins 20K HUC, a sizeable bounty equivalent to over $100 US or a quarter of a BTC. Spread the word on social media by giving us a retweet: https://twitter.com/ChronoKings/status/720967504412090368

wiggi

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 02:53:57 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2016, 03:09:24 PM by wiggi

Neucoin likewise.
both scams?
Not really. They don't lie about the fact that *they* own all the coins and the applications or games have nothing to do with the coin.

They're also unrelated to Huntercoin, except 90%+ of people who see Huntercoin for the first time will assume it's also like this, simply because they already know severel of these.
(this is also a reason why Huntercoin *should* look like a regular Bitcoin wallet)

I think a game is the perfect way to implement human mining because we want the process to be enjoyable for the human. The trick is in figuring out a decentralized game structure that's fun to play.

On that topic, Friday's Huntercoin challenge has begun! The first Hunter to bring the Crown of Fortune to the top-right corner wins 20K HUC, a sizeable bounty equivalent to over $100 US or a quarter of a BTC. Spread the word on social media by giving us a retweet: https://twitter.com/ChronoKings/status/720967504412090368

And for once, it's a game and not only a mine.   Wink

no-ice-please

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 03:41:12 PM

...The trick is in figuring out a decentralized game structure that's fun to play....

And doesn't require an ante... and can be learned and played by anybody...

Neucoin likewise.
both scams?
Not really. They don't lie about the fact that *they* own all the coins and the applications or games have nothing to do with the coin.

Neucoin might really be a scam though, and bithire almost certainly is. Both are great ideas involving developers who appear to have absconded with vast premine or ico funds, as I understand it.

Huntercoin has devs that can be trusted. A person can read a bit and see there is zero chance of Snailbrain or Mithril or you scamming anybody. You are honest people who simply are making poor choices about adapting the coin.

I really need to drop this issue but I will say one more time, and honestly I think most outsiders would agree, Huntercoin is not going to succeed unless it adapts so that it is available and easy to use for any general public anywhere. Most people cannot and/or will not use the coin game as it is now. That is simple fact. You can argue this and that. We can go back and forth you say this, another person says that, it boils down to again Huntercoin is not going to succeed unless it adapts so that it is available and easy to use for any general public anywhere. It's a nice game. Good ambience on the thread. Friendly people. The coin will fail if it doesn't adapt.
wiggi

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 06:39:24 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2016, 07:06:14 PM by wiggi

available and easy to use

If you look at the challenge today, the brutal length of time it will take to play it, is it that what you mean?
(or something else/everything from the laundry list: too much data to dl, hardware requirement, initial cost to buy hunters,
difficult rules, quality of docs, quality of graphics, bugs, ... Thats basically the purpose of the voting system,
to sort out the priorities.)

edit: adding to the laundry list: too simple rules, no Skinner box (arguably)

The first Hunter to bring the Crown of Fortune to the top-right corner wins 20K HUC

Whats the definition of top-right corner? 501,0 or perhaps ((501-x)+y<42)

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 06:47:20 PM

501,0 i believe.

furthest square in the top right.

domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1161

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 05:29:12 PM

Good news - I think that Huntercoin Core should be ready for first testing by brave individuals, as it should now be able to serve as backend for something like Mithril or Unity.  (Though I'm not sure if they will work out-of-the-box.)  Do not yet use for mining, and use at your own risk!

You can get the code from https://github.com/domob1812/huntercore, and see also http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/topic,22255.0.html.

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 06:18:58 PM

Good news - I think that Huntercoin Core should be ready for first testing by brave individuals, as it should now be able to serve as backend for something like Mithril or Unity.  (Though I'm not sure if they will work out-of-the-box.)  Do not yet use for mining, and use at your own risk!

You can get the code from https://github.com/domob1812/huntercore, and see also http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/topic,22255.0.html.

looking forward to testing

MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 06:41:26 PM

yeah!

any thing to know about RPC, any new command? any changed interface?

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 09:59:24 PM

Excellent news, Domob... looking forward to spreading the word once it's ready.

The CoinFest challenge: I'm still holding the 20K HUC prize until either someone publicly submits a valid claim or find a tool to automate the checking process and find a winner, myself. Until then, I'm thinking on announcing new rules for the next 20K challenge... who owned the Crown at a specific block height is really easy for me to check. Just have to choose a block Smiley

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 01:20:34 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2016, 01:43:56 AM by MithrilMan

The CoinFest challenge: I'm still holding the 20K HUC prize until either someone publicly submits a valid claim or find a tool to automate the checking process and find a winner, myself. Until then, I'm thinking on announcing new rules for the next 20K challenge... who owned the Crown at a specific block height is really easy for me to check. Just have to choose a block Smiley

I'm still monitoring the situation, i player on my client (aditya, suppose was wira time ago but not sure, was taking the crown but then disconnected and another enemy managed to take most of his value, but crown still on place, 150 blocks from corner more or less
he asked me if it's enough to walk on 501,0 and i said yes, fine?
so anyway the first one that take the crown to 501,0 win, can i broadcast it on my chat i suppose?

--
Edit: because i witnessed his bad luck (he lost more or less 2000 HUC while disconnected) i decided to transfer two of my players to him (damn, it's late, this contest is too long Cheesy) so if you see a MithrilMan it's not me! (i wish!)

about next event, taking crown to a spot wasn't bad per se, but the spot was too far, there was many fights that caused player to stuck to an area for long time, so having a closer destination would be better (like 400,250).

anyway i spectated some nice fights, i suppose game funds is a lot bigger now... lot of 20 huc wasted Cheesy

If you want to take the "Crown at a specific block height" route, then would be better to split it multiple time over the day, to not have the timezone issue (e.g. every 60 blocks, roughly 1 hour, you give a fraction of the prize to the holder)

don't  worry about the check, we can do it later

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 02:04:32 AM

I'm still monitoring the situation, i player on my client (aditya, suppose was wira time ago but not sure, was taking the crown but then disconnected and another enemy managed to take most of his value, but crown still on place, 150 blocks from corner more or less
he asked me if it's enough to walk on 501,0 and i said yes, fine?
so anyway the first one that take the crown to 501,0 win, can i broadcast it on my chat i suppose?

Did you notice someone take the Crown to the top-right corner? Please do announce it on your chat and also tell us/me if that happens. If this system is working, then we can pick another location for the next prize.

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 02:30:01 AM

read my edit above

anyway no, he didn't took it there already, now i'm going to bed but i told on chat to report anyone who walk over the right corner here or on huntercoin forum
actually he's 75 blocks away from the corner

a fun fact that happened during the contest was that a bank spawned to the right of the crown holder, what would have happened if it spawned on the next crown holder movement? lol

domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1161

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 07:39:18 AM

Eth raised more than double BTC than LISK.

What's this, unrelated spam?  Or did I miss a "hidden connection" to Huntercoin?

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
Pages: « 1 ... 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 [360] 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: