Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:40:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 [400] 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879123 times)
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 12:12:36 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2017, 12:50:06 PM by drays

HUC is still on the exact same trajectory and has acted as if the CHIMERA deal doesn't exist. If anything, it has become a sweetener on top of the already luscious cream donut.

I'm a bit afraid that some people buying right now only because of the snapshot. Chi's premine has to be split between HUC snapshot and ICO, the latter getting a much larger part. Current HUC price is ok though if the cream donut that will persist makes up for 1/2 or 2/3 of it. (imvho)

Of course the most are buying because of that hypotetic Chimera deal (me too, for example)! And this increased trade activity would have never happened if there were no Chi announcement.

The decision not to burn HUC in exchange for CHI is extremely unwise IMHO. It changes originally set rules of the game, while the game has already started (yes, it is started, because people were accounting for burn, not snapshot). This harms potential investors by intervening with their plans, and creates a lot of uncertainty (kind of  a FUD created by actions of the developers). I personally will rewise my decision to invest into this project.

I don't know whether the decision to make snapshot instead of swap/burn is final, but it would be good to rethink it.

The estimates (HUC drop to 0.25 of pre-snapshot value) are a bit pessimistic but can happen, and it will happen instantly, you can't get out.
However, in case of burning, it would have been like a drop to 0. Snapshot is slightly better for current HUC value.

I dont really get it, why should burning HUC make its price drop to zero? If HUC continues to be supported + its supply gets less, the price can only rise. Not sure why developers decided to undermine the HUC price rise... Puzzled Undecided

SISAR is 100% spot on with his predictions. The is no exaggeration there, he described the most probable scanario.

... this space is not for rent ...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sundowner

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 02:35:22 AM

Team planning for HUC to be dumped after snapshot, they buy up the cheap coins then release some new use for HUC so price goes up again?
Just burn the coins
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 02:37:26 AM

Team planning for HUC to be dumped after snapshot, they buy up the cheap coins then release some new use for HUC so price goes up again?
Just burn the coins

stop trolling. HUC team are most respectable devs.

be patient and check the detail when it is ready.

moonrock

Activity: 157
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 03:13:04 AM

Whats amazing is that noobs think HUC price is somehow reliant on the CHIMERA devs "offering". HUC is not "pegged" to Chimera. Price is stable and pumping as usual without some extra coin given out to holders.

Lets be clear here: Its a crypto classic and has its own valuable blockchain. We only found out about getting extra coins a few weeks ago. To be honest it didn't seem to do much to the price. Still on the same trajectory of breaking major resistance.

drays
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 12:21:44 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2017, 12:39:38 PM by drays

Whats amazing is that noobs think HUC price is somehow reliant on the CHIMERA devs "offering". HUC is not "pegged" to Chimera. Price is stable and pumping as usual without some extra coin given out to holders.

Lets be clear here: Its a crypto classic and has its own valuable blockchain. We only found out about getting extra coins a few weeks ago. To be honest it didn't seem to do much to the price. Still on the same trajectory of breaking major resistance.

What is really amazing - is how some people are trying to play experts here. They publish some colourful charts to make their absolutely ungrounded statements look more convincing, and seem to be playing their own game while misleading the public.

bucktotal

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 12:25:44 PM

to be fair, i would also like to know why the decision was changed to not burn HUC for CHI.
BonzoCorleone

Activity: 154

@bonzocorleonee

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 12:42:13 PM

Is there HUC mac wallet? Can only see windows wallet in first post.I want to move my HUC to wallet for upcoming snapshot.

Keep your Alts close, but your Bitcoin closer.
honghaisea

Activity: 952
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 12:57:42 PM

whether i can receive CHI or not when i buy HUC from POLO and hold it on exchange.
fing3rblist3r5

Activity: 125

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 12:58:51 PM

What is really amazing - is how some people are trying to play experts here. They publish some colourful charts to make their absolutely ungrounded statements look more convincing, and seem to be playing their own game while misleading the public.

I'm amazed that you're amazed considering your hero status.

This is bitcointalk...

How could you possibly expect anything different.
drays
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 01:16:19 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2017, 02:19:10 PM by drays

This is bitcointalk...

Smiley
Yes, you're right, nothing to be amazed with there. I just used an expression from the post I was refering to...

Actually, in this particular case, I am inclined to believe he actually thinks what he tells. Meaning he doesn't intentionally mislead people, but honestly thinks that way. Who knows, maybe he is partially right - HUC had its own life prior to introduction of CHI, and if developwrs dont kill it (by abandoning) while moving to Chimera, then HUC could survive and might even rise back high after being inevitably dumped after snapshot.

However partial burn/swap could have helped HUC price tremendously Undecided

fing3rblist3r5

Activity: 125

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 01:22:32 PM

This is bitcointalk...

Smiley
Yes, you're right, nothing to be amazed with there. I just used an expression from the post I was refering to...

Actually, in this particular case, I am inclined to believe he actually thinks what he tells. Meaning he doesn't intentionally mislead people, but honestly thinks that way. Who knows, maybe he is patially right - HUC has its own life, and if developwrs dont kill it (by abandoning) while moving to Cimera, then HUC may survive and rise back after being dumped after snapshot.

It's all very exciting. Personally... I'm here because I'm looking to get chi tokens. I'll no doubt invest Bitcoin aswell provided I'm happy with the ico details.

Blockchain and gaming is very exciting for me. The guys at Chimera have gone one further than other projects and for this I'm especially excited. Can't wait to hear further details.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 01:25:38 PM

seems hard to get the hunter coin wallet synced up

for the snapshot - just having hunter coins is fine right no need to sync it up?

moonrock

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 03:16:55 PM

Could be another purchased Hero account judging by the lack of insight?

My statement is actually entirely factual. Re-read it and if you really struggle to understand it, just highlight the points that confuse you and I will do my best to make it even simpler for you to understand.
moonrock

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 03:21:13 PM

If the developers had pure logic they would team up a deal with poloniex so that people could do the snapshot on the exchange. Its very difficult to sync a wallet and take our coins off exchanges so getting a deal with polo would be important.

POLO SNAPSHOT= LOGIC
BonzoCorleone

Activity: 154

@bonzocorleonee

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 03:53:41 PM

If the developers had pure logic they would team up a deal with poloniex so that people could do the snapshot on the exchange. Its very difficult to sync a wallet and take our coins off exchanges so getting a deal with polo would be important.

POLO SNAPSHOT= LOGIC
Second this, it would be really really great if polo snapshot can happen.

Keep your Alts close, but your Bitcoin closer.
drays
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 04:11:06 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2017, 04:30:18 PM by drays

My statement is actually entirely factual. Re-read it and if you really struggle to understand it, just highlight the points that confuse you and I will do my best to make it even simpler for you to understand.

Sure Grin
The fact that someone could rely purely on historical graphs and ignore the current reality (particularly the fact the majority of people drawn to HUC now are attracted by Chimera, and all the talk here on HUC thread is about Chimera)... its really confusing to me...

moonrock

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 04:30:22 PM

Sure Grin
The fact that someone could rely purely on historical graphs and ignore the current reality (particularly the fact that majority of people drawn to HUC now are attracted by Chimera)... its really confusing to me...

The historical graph indicates tremendous trade volume that picked up over a year ago and carried on into this day. Before people knew about Chimera the trade volume was rising.
drays
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 04:34:59 PM

Sure Grin
The fact that someone could rely purely on historical graphs and ignore the current reality (particularly the fact that majority of people drawn to HUC now are attracted by Chimera)... its really confusing to me...

The historical graph indicates tremendous trade volume that picked up over a year ago and carried on into this day. Before people knew about Chimera the trade volume was rising.

Right. So if there were no Chimera deal, I completely agree HUC price would have burst at some point (maybe far distant though).
But with Chimera introduction, all the uncertainty (about whether HUC will be further supported and/or integrated and also about the rate of HUC/CHI reward), changing the rules (from swap/burn to snapshot) this could go different direction Undecided
CHI is a major deal its influence is going to be major too. It may help HUC, or may kill it.

moonrock

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 04:41:57 PM

Sure Grin

Right. So if there were no Chimera deal, I completely agree HUC price would have burst at some point.
But with Chimera introduction, all the uncertainty (about whether HUC will be supported and/or integrated and also about the rate of HUC/CHI reward), changing the rules (from swap/burn to snapshot) this could go different direction Undecided
CHI is a major deal its influence is going to be major too. It may help HUC, or may kill it.

If you scroll back a few pages you will see me mention something about getting some ongoing commitment from them and perhaps integration. HUC pioneered this shit after all.

If the devs damage HUC then they ultimately damage their reputations which will negatively effect any BTC commitments.

Personally I think this coin is going to go ballistic this year I just don't know when.
Icon

Activity: 821
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 01:36:29 AM

Ok so whats going on .. made 3 toons took coins and 0 toons appear, did this with 5 connections and nada i eventually get the coins back but no toons are appearing......

Getting old real quick...

Icon

PS

one of the toons i made 10 mins ago finally showed up but already invisible, cant use.. are we losing hashrate or something, thinking it's orphan blocks?

Pages: « 1 ... 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 [400] 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: