Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:56:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 [355] 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879148 times)
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2016, 03:20:51 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2016, 04:45:50 AM by The Bitcoin Co-op

Huntercoin's going to be participating in CoinFest 2016. A prize of 30K HUC (currently worth ~.5 BTC) will be given to the Hunter who remains alive the longest during April 5-10. In the event of a tie, the prize-money will be split, so you're going to want to kill your opponents.  Cool

We're going to set it up on a laptop at CoinFest Vancouver, both to play and to show it off to the crowd. Feel free to go show it off at a Meet Up of your own, and let us know if you're willing to contribute some coins to another prize challenge.

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2016, 08:33:39 AM

Huntercoin's going to be participating in CoinFest 2016. A prize of 30K HUC (currently worth ~.5 BTC) will be given to the Hunter who remains alive the longest during April 5-10. In the event of a tie, the prize-money will be split, so you're going to want to kill your opponents.  Cool

We're going to set it up on a laptop at CoinFest Vancouver, both to play and to show it off to the crowd. Feel free to go show it off at a Meet Up of your own, and let us know if you're willing to contribute some coins to another prize challenge.

funny, hoping that a disaster didn't happens Smiley
(i mean ingame disaster of course, that would reset the map!)

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
Vaccomondus

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 08:46:25 AM

1 was just an example, let's say i have 10 of them, can i pay for their cost in an useful time frame?

btw there is no release for wiggi client?

if you bank your hunter you will get 200 hucs back + any coins you looted on the ground or in acquired in pvp.

to be in profit you just need to loot more than 5 coins with each hunter and bank (and don't get killed).

I think there is a link to wiggi's compiled client in one of the readme's

ah this is cool, so you can have your invested coin in the hunter, bank if you arrive in one of those bank area? and the hunter disappear or what? you need then to create another by spending 200 again?
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2016, 07:22:23 PM

funny, hoping that a disaster didn't happens Smiley
(i mean ingame disaster of course, that would reset the map!)
We must pray to the crypto gods

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
wiggi

Activity: 403
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 08:06:47 PM

That's seriously cool. Do we have an official tool to determine the winner? (and the hunters that need kill lest they break the record)

The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2016, 08:21:28 PM

That's seriously cool. Do we have an official tool to determine the winner? (and the hunters that need kill lest they break the record)
No official tool; just gonna watch the blockchain. We're not going to release the Hunter names of the participants because it's more interesting that way. Kill everyone!  Grin

wiggi

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 10:08:33 PM

No official tool; just gonna watch the blockchain. We're not going to release the Hunter names of the participants
oops, nevermind

voting is difficult to do as the rich will always get what they want due to how most cryptos work.

In a shareholder democracy the rich should get what they want. (but the one case of crypto that plausibly claimed to be a company...wasn't) And there's a big difference between a vote that can only state an opinion and a vote that automatically enforces itself. Perhaps the whales, if they have a voice, will say that the farming thing was an error and all further coins shall be distributed like in some "most dangerous game" variant.

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2016, 11:58:45 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2016, 12:27:49 AM by MithrilMan

imho a vote system should take into account not the amount someone hold, but the time spent to play on field, because who play the most has more idea about what's going wrong, so using the blockchain to know how many time a player was on the field could be a nice way

anyway holders aren't interested in approving something wrong, because gameplay impacts coin value, and anyway in my turing script scenario, an approved script could also be deactivated by vote again

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 11:47:12 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2016, 04:43:11 PM by snailbrain

No official tool; just gonna watch the blockchain. We're not going to release the Hunter names of the participants
oops, nevermind

voting is difficult to do as the rich will always get what they want due to how most cryptos work.

In a shareholder democracy the rich should get what they want. (but the one case of crypto that plausibly claimed to be a company...wasn't) And there's a big difference between a vote that can only state an opinion and a vote that automatically enforces itself. Perhaps the whales, if they have a voice, will say that the farming thing was an error and all further coins shall be distributed like in some "most dangerous game" variant.

yes i think there is a big difference between voting as a share holder in a company and voting in a decentralized app to make it more decentralized and fair.

Where can I find the Mac download?

Try this, compiled by maxpower.

I don't have a working mac so i can't test

https://mega.nz/#!JM0WgDDR!AlMaXOvsj4qcZWPZFHlA0FmzIrVSY2T2AMr-SaToENE

i'm syncing from scratch atm in yosemite - working so far and seems fine.

of course i can't thoroughly guarantee security but i'd use it Smiley (i trust maxpower didn't put anything malicious in there if that's worrying)

-

i've just tested the latest unity3d client on mac and seems to work fine also.. (i built this myself within unity3d but didn't have the hardware to test at the time)

i synced till about 90k but it was taking too long (in a VM) so i downloaded the chain from chain.huntercoin.org
Fully synced, created a character, moved around, transferred character and coins in and out.
never noticed anything suspicious

seems good to me

wiggi

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 03:50:17 PM

imho a vote system should take into account not the amount someone hold, but the time spent to play on field, because who play the most has more idea about what's going wrong, so using the blockchain to know how many time a player was on the field could be a nice way

anyway holders aren't interested in approving something wrong, because gameplay impacts coin value, and anyway in my turing script scenario, an approved script could also be deactivated by vote again

If a regular tx contains the data for voting, and the tx hash doesn't show up in one of the inputs (txin.prevout.hash) of subsequent transactions,
this is "almost" proof that the voter still owns the coins (theoretically could have sent it to someone else who doesn't move the coins)

Or rather the/one output of a regular tx contains the data for voting. If the recipient address is the same that several hunters used
as player address, the owner of the coins also owned all these hunters.

Each output can have a "tag" (the OP_RETURN tx message that Bitcoin and most other coins have too, subject to OPRETURN_MAX_STRLEN)
If tag is not used for now, and votes can be "anonymous" (without reference to a hunter), this leaves the least significant digits of the amount for data (1 for the actual vote, 7 for voting close block height) so every unspent output can be interpreted as vote. I think such a system is rather easy to implement right now, just need reasonable thresholds (min coin amount, min+max blocks until voting is closed) to keep spam and noise out. Any forum post with desired close/block height and the different choices can be an informal call for a vote.

Votes that use a former player address of "veteran hunters" would assign the coin weight of the vote to the hunter's
wishlist of how to tweak parameters and what features to enable. This would need a standardized way for the hunters to communicate what their players want.

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 04:00:18 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2016, 04:42:54 PM by snailbrain

op_return has been implemented in huntercoin already

would the person with the most votes not be the bot master who dominated the map for x years, controlled 1000s of hunters, and dumped all lots of coins for short term profit rather than long term gain?

note: not a real question, but do we need to be careful that someone who can dominate just have the winning vote all the time

what if there is some rule in which a voter has to have taken part within a time range (e.g. within each disaster times).

wiggi

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 05:10:47 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2016, 05:56:32 PM by wiggi

would the person with the most votes not be the bot master who dominated the map for x years, controlled 1000s of hunters, and dumped all lots of coins for short term profit rather than long term gain?

note: not a real question, but do we need to be careful that someone who can dominate just have the winning vote all the time

Yes, the hunter addr wouldn't give a privilege or more weight per se, and without coins they can't vote at all.
It's a nice gimmick, and convenient to implement (the tx that is "holding" coins cannot store much data, but hunters can send several "messages" using same player addr for example)

edit:
It could be very useful but only if guaranteed to not change.
OPRETURN_MAX_STRLEN is 100 in Huntercoin, but iirc was set lower in Bitcoin from 80 to 40 amid chatter of generally kicking extra data out, like coin eater addresses no longer valid addresses etc.

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2016, 08:39:11 PM

I speaked about player, not hunter, of course we lack that part: the player account concept

If we implement the concept of player account, incentivating people having just one because it gains "power" over time AND usage, can win contests, etc...  we could have maybe a good approach for game changes voting system

something like weekly/monthly contests that reward the player who won most pvp fight, or hold most the crown, etc... (at a player level, not hunter) could incentivate having just one account, or at least invest most of the played time on it. and if voting system take into account the played time on that account, it could be a nice way to "listen to players" and to weight votes based on that time

In a balanced game, there isn't the risk of having a player that counts nearly to 50%

some PROS about having an account system:

- the game could change some mechanics dinamically based on the number of players (accounts) on the map (e.g. distributing less coins on the map, and i consider even using game funds to increse the distributed coins). Of course people could create different accounts to increase that ratio, but this would require running multiple daemon if the daemon is single account enabled, or anyway we can use the number of hunters on the map too, togheter with the player's account number, to adjust the coins on the map. And playing with multiple accounts would mean giving less importance to the main account, so having less benefit from having an high ranked player account

- applying dynamic costs based on hunters created by the same player (e.g. increasing costs every hunter you create on the same account, like starting from 25huc, and doubling it every new hunter you create, something like: 25 for the first, 50 for the second, 100 for the 3rd, 200, and so on (of course this mean changing fight mechanics but we already need that badly)

- implement the concept of player level, that allow pvp fight to give or take away points from the player, and more the player is high level, more his "bounty" is, so if a low level player kill an high level player, it gains lot and the killed player lose a lot, this way we can even limit players who want to boost their "2nd account" and will help newcomers to increase their value and powers

having a nice price every week/month/season would incentivate having a single powerfull account too. i think that every aspect described, linked to each other, will picture what i mean well.

beside being useful for the voting system (higher ranked player = higher vote importance) i think that this player account concept would help a lot about the game too.

The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 06:55:22 AM

It has been suggested that we alter the rules of the CoinFest challenge to utilize the Crown of Fortune. Vote here for the final say on who wins the 30K HUC bounty.

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 01:40:56 PM

@Mirthilman

that's a good idea for accounts - some incentive to having an account.

we can add accounts in the original way the game was designed (multiple hunters under one name), of course disadvantage of that method is you cannot move other hunters when 1 is pending.

i don't know how to do it without punishing those without much coin to create multiple hunters... e.g. i thought that maybe the more hunters you have in account the less tax you get, but then someone who only wants to play 1 character (poor person) is getting stung, and it helps those who create many.

any ideas for gaining power?

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 05:08:29 PM

@snailbrain

you said
i don't know how to do it without punishing those without much coin to create multiple hunters... e.g. i thought that maybe the more hunters you have in account the less tax you get, but then someone who only wants to play 1 character (poor person) is getting stung, and it helps those who create many.

i proposed the opposite (rise the cost of every new created hunter while you have others already active/created) because this sounds to me the best way to prevent people from acting like now, covering the map with 30+ hunters on a single client

and if we take my example as real, so starting from 25 huc then doubling its cost every new hunter, or having a fixed part plus a variable part, comparing to current cost this would mean something like this summary

costs for creating hunters:
A - current active cost: 200 huc every hunter
B - proposed alternative of cost starting from 25 huc for the first, then doubling the cost for every new hunter
C - proposed second alternative of cost starting from a fix cost of 50 per hunter, plus 15 huc for the first, then doubling the variable part for every new hunter

Example of costs with different approach

Hunters created1234567
A200400600800100012001400
B257517537577515753150
C6514525542571512452255

of course values can be tweakered but this is pretty clear we can do whatever we want, even changing costs based as, i said in another post, on current population (so if map is empty, cost could be higher to prevent the feastest after a disaster to fill the map with his hunters)

on next post about a way for accounts to gain power

ok yeh i think just need to know how players will have more power by creating more character and how that will outweigh just creating more "accounts"

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 01:10:32 AM

for clarity sake, i delete previous 2 posts, rewrite my replies in this big post and in the last part i talk about the missing pieces
I fixed some typos too and rewrote something in a cleaner way, so please re-read in case you already did before

@Mirthilman

that's a good idea for accounts - some incentive to having an account.

we can add accounts in the original way the game was designed (multiple hunters under one name), of course disadvantage of that method is you cannot move other hunters when 1 is pending.

I think that, as you pointed out, the old way has a bad drawback that prevent you from coordinating your hunters in the proper way, and this even helps bots because it's less error prone than having to consider in few seconds which hunter to move or not, etc..., so account implementation shouldn't be done that way but should be thought in a new way.
And I think that the new way could be pretty easy: reserving a special name (AccountID) linking it to an address, and adding to it some attributes.

Let me introduce this concepts (Address bound Account):

An account can be created using a special transaction (e.g. game_createAccount) that create a special name into the game, that is saved in gamestate or better in a new .dat like accounts.dat that will contains the full list of active accounts
example:
game_createaccount { address: 'HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE', name: 'My Account Rulez', badge: 'myIcon', note:'Hey Ya, I Rul3!' }

this method will return an AccountID that can never change and that rapresents the real account ID, even if player then change its name or transfer to another address (so this would be the real registered name if you consider this as in namecoin and this must be unique, while the account name could have duplicates maybe, not that important)

- address is the address bound to the account. This is where you have to send the money that will be spent to play. Every move/destruct/chatmessage/whatever game action that requires a fee, will take money from this address.

- name is the Account Name, that identify in a friendly way a player (the real ID is the returned AccountID as i said) and that could be used to show the account ladder positions, on game clients, realtime chat, etc... and that will let players to brag while climbing the ladder position!

- badge, note: an example of account extensibility, showing that we can add some fancy stuff linked to accounts, like an icon, a note, maybe a hunter skin, etc...

Should be possible to transfer an account to another address, so if a player wants to be safe can change periodically his base account address and we can even create an account market where people could build up a strong one and then sold it (@snail this should sounds familiar to you that have a MMORPG experience).
example:
game_transferaccount { accountID: 'myUniqueAccountId', newaddress: 'HMAAABBB5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE' }

Should be possible to update account information, to allow a name change, icon change, etc...
game_updateaccount { accountID: 'myUniqueAccountId', name: 'My New Account Name', badge:'myNewIcon' }

With such Account, we can then just add a mandatory field when you create a hunter, so that you must specify which account the new hunter belong to (and underneath this would just cause the hunter creation cost being taken from the address account)

the hunter transfer should be changed in order to use account instead of address

Just with those small changes/addition, we have a full fledged account system that we can use then to do whatever we want with

And consider even other PROs like the fact that this way a centralized system would just require to handle a single address per player, so creating a kind of centralized server would be easier!

i proposed the opposite (rise the cost of every new created hunter while you have others already active/created) because this sounds to me the best way to prevent people from acting like now, covering the map with 30+ hunters on a single client

and if we take my example as real, so starting from 25 huc then doubling its cost every new hunter, or having a fixed part plus a variable part, comparing to current cost this would mean something like this summary

costs for creating hunters:
A - current active cost: 200 huc every hunter
B - proposed alternative of cost starting from 25 huc for the first, then doubling the cost for every new hunter
C - proposed second alternative of cost starting from a fix cost of 50 per hunter, plus 15 huc for the first, then doubling the variable part for every new hunter

Example of costs with different approach

Hunters created1234567
A200400600800100012001400
B257517537577515753150
C6514525542571512452255

of course values can be tweakered but this is pretty clear we can do whatever we want, even changing costs based as, i said in another post, on current population (so if map is empty, cost could be higher to prevent the feastest after a disaster to fill the map with his hunters)

I think just need to know how players will have more power by creating more character [snip]

Why should they be more powerful with more hunters?
I didn't focused on the "powerful" aspect when i explained my ideas, but I was just considering two contradictory aspects:
- having just one or very few hunters is annoying because the game is slow and you could be far from action
- having too much hunters helps too much who can control a lot because of time and who runs bots

Considering those 2 aspect, I think that we should find a compromise and this is why i displayed an example of hunter costs, just to explain that with a well thought dynamic formula we can be near an optimal solution:
1) incentivating players to have more than a single hunter without investing too much, helping this way the newcomers and poor players, that may start trying to run a single or two hunters with lower risk, but even lower gain

2) "punishing" who runs too much hunters, by incrementing exponentially the cost of hunters in a way that running too much hunters will cause you to risk too much respect the possible gain, so lowering the ROI and thus limiting the "one player that rule the world" problem

(see below for a full explaination of the idea)

[..snip] and how that will outweigh just creating more "accounts"

ok now your question is about how to achieve what i want, here it is:

In order to prevent people from using multiple accounts to create, and so control, lot of hunters on the map, we need a way to reward more, in term of potential gain, the "high level" player than the "low level" one.
This is why i talked about Bounty Points (BP), that are points that you gain whenever you kill an enemy and you lose whenever someone kill one of your hunters.

The way you gain or lose BP, depends on your level and the level of the player who lost the fight, something similar to common PVP MMORPG that have a rank system.
If some low level player kill/hit you, you lose "a lot" in term of BP, while you gain a little if you kill/hit them, but you gain a lot if you kill/hit someone with an higher level than you, or similar, etc...
But why should one care about BP? Well, because there will be a permanent contest that daily/weekly/monthly etc... pay out a prize based on the ranking and that will be paid out from game funds coin pool (and that pool will have new ways to be refilled as you'll see).
We could even use the rank to give more powers (abilities) to hunters in future, but for the moment i'll keep it out to not put too many irons in the fire.

Another thing that could be useful to encourage the single account play style, is putting caps (limits) to the amount a hunter that belongs to a low level player could obtain from killing an enemy (and here i'm not talking about BT but about HUCs) and taxes in general (the lower you are, the more fees you pay when you cash out, more below)
This requires of course a rework about how pvp works, but this was already planned, and this is the core idea (and i link this even to the dynamic hunter cost but the rationale could apply even without that change):

Scenario:
The cost method is B (25 per huc, doubled for every new hunter you create)

Player A is an high level hunter and create 5 hunters to move them at the same time on the map.
1st hunter costs 25 (named A1)
2nd hunter costs 50 (named A2)
3nd hunter costs 100 (named A3)
4th hunter costs 200 (named A4)
5th hunter costs 400 (named A5)

Player B is a low level hunter and create 2 hunters to move them at the same time on the map.
1st hunter costs 25 (named B1)
2nd hunter costs 50 (named B2)

B2 reach out A3 and managed to hit him, what happens?
In terms of BP, Player B (note, not hunter B2 but Player B, so the Account) gain lot of BP because he managed to hit an high level player, while at the same time Player A lose the same amount.

What about Hunter value, so HUCs?
One of my ideas is considering the hunter value (so his initial value or the collected value if the hunter is a veteran) as Carry Capacity
Whenever a hunter kill another, the winner get, from the enemy, the amount he had during the attack, so in my example, since B2 is a 25HUC hunter, he would get 25 from A3

so fight result would be
- B2 became a 50HUC hunter
- A3 became a ... well here there are at least 2 options, A3 could become a 75HUC hunter (100-25) or just die and send the exceeded amount (75 huc) to gamefunds
this depend about how we manage to change the PVP, if we implement the armor/ammo system, then when someone is without armor and get hit, then he die and we can use hunter starting cost, to apply bonuses on equip (a 25HUC hunter has 1 armor, a 50HUC 2 armor, etc...)

Two things more to note:
- 1 - when Player B decide to bank the sum won by B", destructing him on a bank spot, giving the fact that he's low level, he won't get the full 50HUC gained but 50 - a fee that goes to game funds, as a "malus" for being low level. This is a nice way to encourage the single player account too.
- 2 -after player B killed his B2, if he create another hunter this will be again considered the 2nd (because there is still B1 on the map) and so it would cost again 50HUC

If you think deeply about the impact those changes have on gameplay, you should see (if i didn't missed something) that it's quite balanced.
- Account boost is discouraged because of Taxes impact on banked amount and BP penalities (and powers linked to the player level if we implement that in future)
- If someone wants to maximize BP gain and want to have a big army, he would risk losing a lot both in terms of BP (difficult to follow too much hunters) and HUC (the more you have, the more they cost and you risk that someone kill your 6400HUC hunter, maybe with a low level 25 hunter that would make him gain just 25 and gamefunds the remains)

Anyway i don't want to write a full game play now (even if i get close lol), but I think that there is already lot of stuff to think about and that can really give a huge boost to gameplay and fun!
Since i spent so much writing this posts, i think I'll implement those stuffs anyway in my client somehow in a standalone fork lol

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 11:44:04 AM

@ MM good post, i'll reply on huntercoin forum when i read fully.

-

just testing an update for the unity client, should be released this week.

There is some trick which causes confusion..

co-incidentally I logged on this morning and someone was actually doing it all over the map - looks like there is a few players atm (i see them fighting a lot).

Players do this so they cannot see which square they will land on next :

to solve I've had the bottom option added (with the number 3)
This will allow you to only show paths up to that number (actually -1)..

wiggi

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 06:33:26 PM

There is some trick which causes confusion..

co-incidentally I logged on this morning and someone was actually doing it all over the map - looks like there is a few players atm (i see them fighting a lot).

Players do this so they cannot see which square they will land on next

It looks like killing hunters, but perhaps they really use it for steganographic messaging   Tongue

The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 11:24:48 PM

Lol, it is the primary goal of every MMO game community to break the game Tongue

Pages: « 1 ... 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 [355] 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: