Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:26:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 [379] 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879144 times)
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 05:56:34 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2016, 06:07:27 PM by snailbrain

Will be working on the unity3d client to work with the latest changes and Huntercore in the next week.

for testnet don't forget to use -testnet

don't use/test huntercore on top of your old chain (on mainnet or testnet)- this has not yet been completely signed off for use... and it also won't be able to convert your old chain. probably you will end up having to sync from scratch with the old version or worse corrupt some stuff like your wallet (although unlikely).

If you want to try out huntercore, I recommend using a separate datadir for now.
for example, run it like this (make a shortcut) for testnet :
Code:
huntercoin-qt.exe -datadir=C:\huntercore-test\datadir -testnet -addnode=178.62.17.234

for mainnet
Code:
huntercoin-qt.exe -datadir=C:\huntercore-test\datadir -addnode=178.62.17.234

you can also use the prune chain option like this (chain will be about 1gb in total after fully syncing, took me about 1day on mechanical hard drive):
Code:
huntercoin-qt.exe -datadir=C:\huntercore-test\datadir -addnode=178.62.17.234 -prune=550

syncing may seem slow at first but it will speed up.

noting - huntercore has no game tab yet to play from - so you would need to use a third party client - this unity3d version works most of the time - it doesn't show when syncing (due to a change of RPC from oldhuntercoin to huntercore), but you can see in the qt what is going on..
https://mega.nz/#!0UsDSYrb!zvYHgqwhImljmckPMSAZHK0eWDoq5izxHmY5ccD01U4

ALWAYS BACKUP WALLETS

Credits for Huntercore itself go to Domob for his hardwork and wiggi for hardfork code changes.

TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Murch

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 09:53:39 PM

Well done snailbrain, wiggi, and domob.  Smiley All the changes seem quite sensible. You guys will be thinking about changing combat next?
JasonXG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 01:33:36 AM

Eh... *scratches head* right....

I'm awfully confused. Is the blockchain forking so do i still need the files form the old wallet ? Son now the game resets or something ? Please bare in mind I have never played yet.

Also why do you guys fight so much. Cut it out seriously. You need a leader tonsort you out. Then you won't fight.
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2016, 03:45:36 AM

Well done snailbrain, wiggi, and domob. Smiley All the changes seem quite sensible. You guys will be thinking about changing combat next?

Yeah, ideas for the next fork have already been discussed. One step at a time, though. I'm about to test the new clients and report my findings; if I can get it to work, I can get you all to get it to work.

I'm awfully confused. Is the blockchain forking so do i still need the files form the old wallet ? Son now the game resets or something ? Please bare in mind I have never played yet.

Also why do you guys fight so much. Cut it out seriously. You need a leader tonsort you out. Then you won't fight.

Nobody is fighting anymore, don't worry. The blockchain forking means you will need to update your client to one of the new versions; your existing wallet file should be fine, but please back it up, anyways. All your coins and everything will still be there, both before and after the fork kicks in.

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
tharani

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

don't piss me off or else you will see the tigress

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2016, 10:08:41 AM

so what happened to huntercoin since i left , you guys getting funds or what.??

hope you guys make it into a reality , will do whatever help i can Smiley.

send me a message if you want your signature to be posted
JasonXG

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 03:56:32 PM

Well done snailbrain, wiggi, and domob. Smiley All the changes seem quite sensible. You guys will be thinking about changing combat next?

Yeah, ideas for the next fork have already been discussed. One step at a time, though. I'm about to test the new clients and report my findings; if I can get it to work, I can get you all to get it to work.

Nobody is fighting anymore, don't worry. The blockchain forking means you will need to update your client to one of the new versions; your existing wallet file should be fine, but please back it up, anyways. All your coins and everything will still be there, both before and after the fork kicks in.

Yes I know I need my wallet file but I ment the blockchain. This is a new block chain so I simply delete it right ? Then make sure my wallet file is in the new folder ? Even if it were still 200 HUC for a character I was gonna buy some huc after the weekend. Well now I can have enough in case I need to buy another character.
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 04:41:50 PM

Yes I know I need my wallet file but I ment the blockchain. This is a new block chain so I simply delete it right ? Then make sure my wallet file is in the new folder ? Even if it were still 200 HUC for a character I was gonna buy some huc after the weekend. Well now I can have enough in case I need to buy another character.

remember, those links / changes, are only for testing at the moment. no hard fork has been set unless you are on testnet.

for now, best hold out for a bit. don't update or do anything.

The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2016, 06:06:38 PM

It's not a new blockchain, exactly. All the block data is the same. The blocks are just stored in a different format, so you have to sync from scratch and can't use the old one.

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
wiggi

Activity: 403
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 06:30:55 PM

It's not a new blockchain, exactly. All the block data is the same. The blocks are just stored in a different format, so you have to sync from scratch and can't use the old one.

The blockchain formats are like the difference between bitcoin 0.6 and bitcoin 0.13, you can sync the new one from scratch, or use the old one to sync the new one locally (even while offline), or just be stubborn and keep using the old one.

The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2016, 06:33:17 PM

or use the old one to sync the new one locally (even while offline)

I wouldn't try that, yet. I did, and I couldn't make it work. Or rather, I copied the old blockchain files to the new client's folder, and it was unable to convert them

wiggi

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 06:44:46 PM

I wouldn't try that, yet. I did, and I couldn't make it work. Or rather, I copied the old blockchain files to the new client's folder, and it was unable to convert them

You need 2 clients for this, old Huntercoin (with up-to-date blockchain), and Huntercore, connected. Then Huntercore would "download" the chain from old Huntercoin and store it in its own format.

JasonXG

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 03:28:38 AM

You need 2 clients for this, old Huntercoin (with up-to-date blockchain), and Huntercore, connected. Then Huntercore would "download" the chain from old Huntercoin and store it in its own format.

You all saying different things. I dont know what to do. What do you mean ... Yes 2 clients ok I'm with you. Yes updates blockchain ok. Huntercore connected so that means both running st the same time. So huntercore gets the files from the old blockchain soni need the old wallet up and running because the new one will see it and download off it but it won't download since its on the same PC. Is this what you are trying to say ?
wiggi

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 04:31:38 PM

You all saying different things. I dont know what to do. What do you mean ... Yes 2 clients ok I'm with you. Yes updates blockchain ok. Huntercore connected so that means both running st the same time. So huntercore gets the files from the old blockchain soni need the old wallet up and running because the new one will see it and download off it but it won't download since its on the same PC. Is this what you are trying to say ?

The 2 clients are like a very old bitcoin client (v0.6) and a very new bitcoin client (v0.13). That's about the difference.

If you want a fast and easy way to sync Huntercore, use the pruned chain from
http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/topic,22255.msg26622.html#msg26622

The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2016, 10:23:49 AM

Huntercoin can get the files from the old wallet, but you don't have to do it that way. If you have a good computer/Internet (especially a solid state drive), I would sync from scratch if you want to use Huntercore and not worry about running 2 clients simultaneously. Or sync from the pruned chain download at chain.huntercoin.org if you want the old client. Unless you're fairly advanced with computers; then go ahead and do what you want.

tharani

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2016, 04:12:19 AM

Hey guys/ especially bitcoin co op , i don't use my old skype id anymore now ,most of you guys don't like it and also i don't use the old id and don't do camming anymore , it's been a while camming is too abusive for me and i am trying to talk to jason now , so please use this new skype id for any updates.

new skype id - minebitcoinswiththarani

feel free to add me in this skype id and feel free to discuss to me about any funding website development or any kind of help you need i can do.

all the best for your future's and god bless.

I'll be here, you can message me in my new id for any new project funding or any help.

I also have posted a new job so check it out.

tharani

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2016, 10:51:43 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2016, 11:15:40 AM by tharani

It didn't work out with jason he is just a friend , so i have updated the website , for funding of all projects in bitcoin-talk.

You needed fund for hunter-coin right so i have updated that.

Please see my job post section website is being updated , please post on the job thread for password and access.

Bitcoin co - op , and other mod's please check the updation of the new website for huntercoin  funding.

Why isn't anyone talking even here.??

What happened , i am happy and well don't worry too much about me .

The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2016, 12:45:08 PM

It didn't work out with jason he is just a friend , so i have updated the website , for funding of all projects in bitcoin-talk.

You needed fund for hunter-coin right so i have updated that.

Please see my job post section website is being updated , please post on the job thread for password and access.

Bitcoin co - op , and other mod's please check the updation of the new website for huntercoin  funding.

Why isn't anyone talking even here.??

What happened , i am happy and well don't worry too much about me .

What job thread are you talking about? We've been busy preparing for the fork. Soon, the unity-based game-client will integrate with the Huntercore daemon, letting people easily play with blockchain pruning.

tharani

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2016, 01:11:18 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2016, 01:34:27 PM by tharani

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1668857.msg16782274#msg16782274

this is the one the asshole guy who took the job , ruined it now i gotta find an another guy , Don't even know why he took the job.

Dosen't even get educated , or know about java based mining websites.

Please anyone who take up the job educate yourself about java based bitcoin mining first and there are lots of java mining clients which mine actual bitcoins.

Please educate yourself before you take up your job.

The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2016, 04:21:16 PM

this is the one the asshole guy who took the job , ruined it now i gotta find an another guy , Don't even know why he took the job.

Please anyone who take up the job educate yourself about java based bitcoin mining first and there are lots of java mining clients which mine actual bitcoins.

What do we care about Bitcoin mining in this thread? You're distracting everybody

tharani

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2016, 04:33:15 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2016, 05:42:29 PM by tharani

What do we care about Bitcoin mining in this thread? You're distracting everybody

Hey bitcoin co - op i was thinking of creating a site and funding for your huntercoin browser project , but you seem pissed off , if you have some personal issues you need to talk to me and not take it personally.

Why are you pissed off with me so much bitcoin website is to fund huntercoin.

All you care about is huntercoin and developing it and you don't have fund's and i am helping you out you should not be pissed off at someone trying to help you out.

I built a website for you and you take too much pride in yourself and i am trying to help you guys out but what do i get abuse abuse and more abuse , and false accusations.

Assholes.

Pages: « 1 ... 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 [379] 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: