Bitcoin Forum
October 20, 2018, 06:29:18 PM *
News: Make sure you are not using versions of Bitcoin Core other than 0.17.0 [Torrent], 0.16.3, 0.15.2, or 0.14.3. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 [392] 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 857083 times)
snailbrain
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 07:39:59 PM

@ MithrilMan

mysql all setup for you - tested and working.

I think this could be very interesting if we can fill it with as much data as possible.. and fun.
If it doesn't work too great, we can have a look at giving someone a bounty to modify ABE for us -- or just make some script that parses the json and imports to mysql

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Daffadile

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2017, 01:46:40 AM

I started playing and I have no idea what I am doing I only just figured out I can't collect the clear coins till they have gone solid. I think that means they under respawn ? I saw a red star and walked on to it then made coffee and came back and I disappeared. I assumed I died. Why ? Did the star kill me ? Also how do I sed my coins back to my wallet ? It says I must find a bank that respawns but where ? What do they look like ?

A short guide from anyone would be much appreciated.

````````````````▄██████████▄
````````````▄██████████████████▄
``````▄█████████▀``````````▀████████▄
``▄████████▀``````▄████████▄````▀████████▄
████████```````▄█████████████▄``````███████
████████████████████▀`````▀████████████████
█████```███████▀````▄█████````███████``████
█████```█████````██████████````█████````███
█████```█████``````██████▀````▄█████````███
█████```█████```````````````▄███████````███
█████```█████````███████████████▀```````███
█████████████````███████████▀``````▄███████
````▀████████````████████``````▄██████▀
`````````▀███````████████`▄███████▀
`````````````````████████████▀
                                                                              TM
Optherium
|
Synergy of Blockchain solutions
                     WEB SITE
[
   ●  Onepager   Ann Thread
      ◆ InstagramMedium
◆ Facebook ◆ Twitter ◆ Telegram ◆
]
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

Activity: 1215

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2017, 09:55:01 AM

I started playing and I have no idea what I am doing I only just figured out I can't collect the clear coins till they have gone solid. I think that means they under respawn ? I saw a red star and walked on to it then made coffee and came back and I disappeared. I assumed I died. Why ? Did the star kill me ? Also how do I sed my coins back to my wallet ? It says I must find a bank that respawns but where ? What do they look like ?

A short guide from anyone would be much appreciated.

The red stars are banks. The coins used to make your Hunter and any coins he/she was carrying are returned to your wallet when you go over it.

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
domob
Legendary

Activity: 1011
Merit: 1012

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2017, 05:58:53 PM

There are other ways to fix it, too. For example, if some players issue transactions in one block, and some confirm in the next block but not all of them, the gamestate could choose not to update until all of the transactions are confirmed, giving each player an equal chance.

This is unfortunately not very straight-forward to do.  There's no network consensus about unconfirmed transactions (that's precisely why they are still unconfirmed), so one cannot take them into account for consensus-stuff like game-state transitions.  (There might be more complex hacks around this in some way, but I doubt one can find a good solution that fully retains Huntercoin's trustlessness and decentralisation.)

What if you made blocks really fast, and then made the gamestate wait for at least 2 confirmations instead of 1? Could it then take the 1-confirmed transactions into account and hold off including others that were issued in the same block but already got to 2 confirmations?

Yes, that might be a possible approach.  But I'm not sure what that would buy you - then you still have to get a miner to include your tx, and tx sent at the "same time" might still not confirm in the same block.  Also making blocks very fast is problematic due to orphan blocks.

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
Gash

Activity: 249
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 06:50:56 PM

I like the installer it is cute when it tells you to go to polo to buy HUC while waiting for the installer.
Also I was expecting the blockchain to take much longer but I am only 5 weeks behind so that is cool. Hopefully I will be playing soon.

Installer is acting up. I tried to reverse engineer it and found odd pieces of code that looked like malware. I will look at it closer and post my findings in this thread but bear in mind I cant sit here all day long helping u with fixing and peer reviewing that weird code.
snailbrain
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 07:05:47 PM

I like the installer it is cute when it tells you to go to polo to buy HUC while waiting for the installer.
Also I was expecting the blockchain to take much longer but I am only 5 weeks behind so that is cool. Hopefully I will be playing soon.

Installer is acting up. I tried to reverse engineer it and found odd pieces of code that looked like malware. I will look at it closer and post my findings in this thread but bear in mind I cant sit here all day long helping u with fixing and peer reviewing that weird code.

There is no malware. Check with virus total.

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
wiggi

Activity: 374
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 09:32:09 PM

There are other ways to fix it, too. For example, if some players issue transactions in one block, and some confirm in the next block but not all of them, the gamestate could choose not to update until all of the transactions are confirmed, giving each player an equal chance.

This is unfortunately not very straight-forward to do.  There's no network consensus about unconfirmed transactions (that's precisely why they are still unconfirmed), so one cannot take them into account for consensus-stuff like game-state transitions.  (There might be more complex hacks around this in some way, but I doubt one can find a good solution that fully retains Huntercoin's trustlessness and decentralisation.)

This also makes it more difficult to have some kind of "diplomacy feature" in Huntercoin. If 2 hunters would agree to not attack each other and, should one still kill the other,  automatically pay compensation to the victim (must be worth more than a hunter, different technical problem), how can the game engine know who attacked first.

Perhaps a practical solution would divide all hunters into groups (same algo like checking who would get hit by chain lightning with unlimited hops). If an hunter that is is not under contract would get hit then all hunters in the group are in a warzone where collateral damage is to be expected and you could kill anyone without penalty.

magaura
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 12:19:22 AM

perfect timing for the pump ..btc down

Daffadile

Activity: 896

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2017, 05:18:28 PM

I spawned by a nice collection fo coins then some yellow fool came and killed me. It seems like it will take forver to get 100huc and I will lose my hero before then so how is this profitable ? Please some advice. Thank you.

````````````````▄██████████▄
````````````▄██████████████████▄
``````▄█████████▀``````````▀████████▄
``▄████████▀``````▄████████▄````▀████████▄
████████```````▄█████████████▄``````███████
████████████████████▀`````▀████████████████
█████```███████▀````▄█████````███████``████
█████```█████``````██████▀````▄█████````███
█████```█████```````````````▄███████````███
█████```█████````███████████████▀```````███
█████████████````███████████▀``````▄███████
````▀████████````████████``````▄██████▀
`````````▀███````████████`▄███████▀
`````````````````████████████▀
                                                                              TM
Optherium
|
Synergy of Blockchain solutions
                     WEB SITE
[
   ●  Onepager   Ann Thread
      ◆ InstagramMedium
◆ Facebook ◆ Twitter ◆ Telegram ◆
]
snailbrain
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 07:00:43 PM

I spawned by a nice collection fo coins then some yellow fool came and killed me. It seems like it will take forver to get 100huc and I will lose my hero before then so how is this profitable ? Please some advice. Thank you.

Best way is to probably avoid pvp until we improve game mechanics or until you can out wit the enemy.. may be by using more than 1 hunter.

If you stand on the spawn area or a star, you will bank and despawn .. you will get get your 100 hunter cost back.
You only need to collect more than 1 huc to be profitable per hunter) and not die in pvp.

|

|
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2017, 07:42:23 PM

Use hit and run tactics, take coins, get out of there before he can kill you. I also like to choose a color for my Hunters that the dominating players' favor, which makes it impossible for you to attack each other. Then I just take all the coins I can. His only way to counter this is to use more different colors, which could make him worse at PVP with other dominators.

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
domob
Legendary

Activity: 1011
Merit: 1012

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2017, 08:16:56 PM

This also makes it more difficult to have some kind of "diplomacy feature" in Huntercoin. If 2 hunters would agree to not attack each other and, should one still kill the other,  automatically pay compensation to the victim (must be worth more than a hunter, different technical problem), how can the game engine know who attacked first.

For such a truce pact feature, you could just require that only one attacks the other.  If both attack each other, noone gets any money.  The compensation payment will give an incentive to the one who's being attacked to not attack themselves, so it should work out.

I've actually thought a bit more about the issue here, and I think it might indeed be possible to use a delay here (as suggested by Bitcoin Co-Op).  The idea is that we advance the game state only every N blocks, using all transactions confirmed in the last N blocks (considered to be at the same time).  Then even if some miners do not like your transactions, you are fine as long as any one picks it, which should be fine unless a big chunk of the hash rate colludes against your transaction (and assuming the "attacking" miners are not actually in the majority and orphaning blocks just for this purpose).  An issue here is that players are incentivised to wait until the last block in the time window, since then they can best react on others moves (but then it is their problem to balance this with transaction confirmation).

Note that I don't think any miner is actually attacking any players in this way - this is mostly theoretical.

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
Icon

Activity: 782

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 10:08:53 PM

Or could remove pvp all together and hunt AI's mine and attack npc that carry large amount of huc's Smiley but would need alot of hunters to bring the AI down. Kinda like a fort game? But still would be in the same boat, the roll of the dice . who hit who first,etc.

Also waiting on N # to show up would that not make the game even slower?

Icon
OKorator

Activity: 463

OKCash Community Leader and Promotions

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2017, 11:17:30 PM

Noob help...

I get all the way to seeing the map, go to create a new hunter, enter info, click ok and nothing...

I have 1200 HUC, enough to create a hunter, but never see him appear nor my total go down.  Help!

If you like my work, please donate OKcash through our Discord Bot or PD9vUyDVZHxEJDvpDU9h3KDehgGayP4JKH

I rain and donate back most funds!  OKorator@gmail.com Twitter: @okcashorator
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2017, 11:26:42 PM

I've actually thought a bit more about the issue here, and I think it might indeed be possible to use a delay here (as suggested by Bitcoin Co-Op).  The idea is that we advance the game state only every N blocks, using all transactions confirmed in the last N blocks (considered to be at the same time).  Then even if some miners do not like your transactions, you are fine as long as any one picks it, which should be fine unless a big chunk of the hash rate colludes against your transaction (and assuming the "attacking" miners are not actually in the majority and orphaning blocks just for this purpose).  An issue here is that players are incentivised to wait until the last block in the time window, since then they can best react on others moves (but then it is their problem to balance this with transaction confirmation).

Maybe you could nullify the latter problem you've stated here (as well as other problems with blockchain gaming, in general) if we had some way to obscure data in transactions such as moves ordered on the map. Any efforts to implement fog of war could be synergistic, there. Can't see where they're going, then waiting for the last block in the set is useless

Noob help...

I get all the way to seeing the map, go to create a new hunter, enter info, click ok and nothing...

I have 1200 HUC, enough to create a hunter, but never see him appear nor my total go down.  Help!

Did you use the all-in-one installer and is your client fully synced with the blockchain and gamestate?

OKorator

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2017, 11:52:45 PM

I've actually thought a bit more about the issue here, and I think it might indeed be possible to use a delay here (as suggested by Bitcoin Co-Op).  The idea is that we advance the game state only every N blocks, using all transactions confirmed in the last N blocks (considered to be at the same time).  Then even if some miners do not like your transactions, you are fine as long as any one picks it, which should be fine unless a big chunk of the hash rate colludes against your transaction (and assuming the "attacking" miners are not actually in the majority and orphaning blocks just for this purpose).  An issue here is that players are incentivised to wait until the last block in the time window, since then they can best react on others moves (but then it is their problem to balance this with transaction confirmation).

Maybe you could nullify the latter problem you've stated here (as well as other problems with blockchain gaming, in general) if we had some way to obscure data in transactions such as moves ordered on the map. Any efforts to implement fog of war could be synergistic, there. Can't see where they're going, then waiting for the last block in the set is useless

Noob help...

Did you use the all-in-one installer and is your client fully synced with the blockchain and gamestate?

Yes, and yes fully synced on blockchain.  Not sure how to see sync on gamestate, but appears to be synced as it goes up a block every so often.

If you like my work, please donate OKcash through our Discord Bot or PD9vUyDVZHxEJDvpDU9h3KDehgGayP4JKH

The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2017, 12:11:01 AM

Noob help...

Yes, and yes fully synced on blockchain.  Not sure how to see sync on gamestate, but appears to be synced as it goes up a block every so often.

Which link/download exactly did you use to get your installer? Maybe posting a screenshot would help for when a developers hops on the forum. Gotta make sure you're not pressing a wrong button or something

OKorator

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2017, 12:14:58 AM

I used this to download...

All in One - Huntercore v0.13 + Unity3d 1.22+ Pruned Chain - 500mb Download
For New Users - this should get you up and running with a huntercoin wallet + unity3d client in the time it takes to download + a few minutes of syncing >>
Windows > https://mega.nz/#!pdUznRiJ!oEDFIU6ctJWm9zmIcalEXQP8wkmiB9itY2Ipole-0ow

Everything appears synced.  When i go to create a new hunter, and wait a few blocks, nothing appears Sad

The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2017, 12:29:57 AM

Did the names of any of the other Hunters you attempted to create contain non-letter characters, as well? I think I recall seeing that issue, before.

OKorator

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2017, 01:02:27 AM

Did the names of any of the other Hunters you attempted to create contain non-letter characters, as well? I think I recall seeing that issue, before.

I tried a few names... as simple as "asdg" or something, i tried filling in the address and leaving it blank as well.  Different colors too just in case that mattered.  Also checked my firewall just in case, but it appears connected.  I'm certain its me and not the software based on others not having the same issue.

Pages: « 1 ... 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 [392] 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.