Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:48:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 [675] 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
moderndezigns

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:08:48 PM

We pay when we estimate it is fair. That amount+deadline mix doesn't seem fair to us...

Then, why you posted it here? It is fair for the community to send MINT to them but not fair for you  Huh

I saw the news on Twitter, and just reported it here and everywhere. After clarification, that no longer seems like a good move. I might remove everything about CoinKite if everyone agrees we won't do it.

Then, please refund the guys that sent their MINTs to them. I am not one of them, but I think you made them to send their MINTs somewhere you proposed without doing your study beforehand.

That will be done, the priority is to have a consensus that it isn't worth continuing.

Thank you. I like clean things. Really appreciated.

Draco if we were to move forward with coinkite would you help support it as well? I've already put in coins and I'm fine with never seeing them again as I support the community. I know that you've claimed in the past about having alot of mintcoins probably far more than me. Instead of bitching about premine or talking about what is fair do you want to help support the Mintcoin community? I like clean things too

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deadmanwalking

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:10:15 PM

I think we should focus on making Mintcoin stronger. Accentuate our positives while furthering development. Why should we be chasing down start ups asking them to add our coin? It should be the other way around. Coinkite is a start up. https://bitpay.com/ is the current industry standard.

As I mentioned before, Vault of Satoshi is used by bitcoin atms for exchange purposes. If Mintcoin becomes popular enough, there is a possibility people will be able to access Mintcoin through atm in the future.
100% agree!

What can we do to help market the coin?

One good way to raise awareness would be to tip people! http://www.reddit.com/r/MintTip/

Reddit is huge for any crypto community, sign up here     http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/

I have a very busy weekend that starts now, but I'll be back in force to help remind people about Mintcoin starting Monday. Have a good holiday all!  Smiley

\
moderndezigns

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:11:20 PM

I think we should focus on making Mintcoin stronger. Accentuate our positives while furthering development. Why should we be chasing down start ups asking them to add our coin? It should be the other way around. Coinkite is a start up. https://bitpay.com/ is the current industry standard.

As I mentioned before, Vault of Satoshi is used by bitcoin atms for exchange purposes. If Mintcoin becomes popular enough, there is a possibility people will be able to access Mintcoin through atm in the future.

Does bitpay offer any other options besides bitcoin?
asjun317

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:11:49 PM

100% agree!

i think charity is what we can do, no matter what kind of charity is it, everyone could find that.
coinkite will refund the mint if the project wont be finished, and i think android wallet is more important than coinkite!
KSGuy

Activity: 429
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:16:23 PM

100% agree!

i think charity is what we can do, no matter what kind of charity is it, everyone could find that.
coinkite will refund the mint if the project wont be finished, and i think android wallet is more important than coinkite!
I agree with the charity idea and brought it up very early in the first few weeks of this coin.  Wink
deadmanwalking

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:19:40 PM

Does bitpay offer any other options besides bitcoin?

Not to my knowledge. They already have 20,000 merchants however, contrasted with coinkite who has less merchants than Mintcoin! Yep, we have more merchants than coinkite.  Grin

Like I said, accentuate the positive. We don't need to tie ourselves to shady pay to play start ups, then hype them up like they are the Visa of the crypto world. Let's stop talking about what other coins are doing and remind people about what we have ALREADY done.

\
deadmanwalking

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:24:47 PM

100% agree!

I agree with the charity idea and brought it up very early in the first few weeks of this coin.  Wink

I think charity is great, but right now we need to raise the price. To do that we need more buyers. To get more buyers we need to raise awareness. To raise awareness we need to tell people about Mint.

People are more likely to look at Mint if we give them some:  http://www.reddit.com/r/MintTip/

The doge community is huge, I suggest we start there. I really have to go now, wish I could stay but I'll be back Monday.

\
asjun317

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:43:59 PM

100% agree!

I agree with the charity idea and brought it up very early in the first few weeks of this coin.  Wink

I think charity is great, but right now we need to raise the price. To do that we need more buyers. To get more buyers we need to raise awareness. To raise awareness we need to tell people about Mint.

People are more likely to look at Mint if we give them some:  http://www.reddit.com/r/MintTip/

The doge community is huge, I suggest we start there. I really have to go now, wish I could stay but I'll be back Monday.

its not a matter whatever blackcoin do, we should do what we can, collect the info about any charity, and think together, make a decision.

i think some of us always post how good the mint is... we know that, so we stay here, please show anywhere except here

3.3million mint should give dev of android wallet for more feature, focus on that, it could be the main approach to share, show and trade. its better than coinkite, which costs more mintcoin
mintcointeam (OP)

Activity: 325

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:48:55 PM

Fuck it! 178M Mint is not a reasonable amount to ask! Case closed! People who sent to the donation address before Saturday 4:47 PM GMT will be refunded.
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:53:00 PM

We pay when we estimate it is fair. That amount+deadline mix doesn't seem fair to us...

Then, why you posted it here? It is fair for the community to send MINT to them but not fair for you  Huh

I saw the news on Twitter, and just reported it here and everywhere. After clarification, that no longer seems like a good move. I might remove everything about CoinKite if everyone agrees we won't do it.

Then, please refund the guys that sent their MINTs to them. I am not one of them, but I think you made them to send their MINTs somewhere you proposed without doing your study beforehand.

You can find the transactions there http://mint.blockx.info/get/address/MdJjejnLrSVe1TwWCMDRmHgWiTnMyHcEiE

We are talking for about 3.3M MINT due to your error.

With all due respect, mintcointeam did not make us send coins anywhere. They simply told us about an opportunity and we acted upon it. With coinkite not allowing for an extension of the deadline, meaning Mintcoin only has 13 days to achieve the goal versus the 3 months the other coins had, I don't think the amount+deadline is fair either.
asjun317

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:53:53 PM

Fuck it! 178M Mint is not a reasonable amount to ask! Case closed! People who sent to the donation address before Saturday 4:47 PM GMT will be refunded.

:Pwhy you recognize it so late??
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:56:25 PM

Nobody knew they wouldn't extend the deadline until a few hours ago
mintcointeam (OP)

Activity: 325

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:58:05 PM

Coinkite could have been a big step forward. This is not an easy decision to take to leave them. Now we have much better to do with our coins. MintCoin Fund is one reason. It will bring us a lot more media coverage than Coinkite could ever do...
asjun317

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:06:08 PM

Coinkite could have been a big step forward. This is not an easy decision to take to leave them. Now we have much better to do with our coins. MintCoin Fund is one reason. It will bring us a lot more media coverage than Coinkite could ever do...
yes you're right, it a big step, but we should not finish it now, it better to do later, think about blackcoin, if blackcoin its still at 400 sat, they may have to contribute all coins to finish it. now, as the value of it is up, they could finish the project
dogechode

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:07:30 PM

I agree I think the whole thing is a bullshit scam. We as a community need to make a statement, that bribery has no place in the crypto scene. It sounds corny but seriously guys how many times do you hear normal people saying shit like bitcoin is for drugs, bitcoin is a scam, etc... And most people lump altcoins roughly into the same category as bitcoin.
mgburks77

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:08:00 PM

I believe the main focus should be on completing a minting Android wallet.

That is what is going to set us apart from the rest of the cryptos

what is the current status?
coolbeans94

Activity: 613
Merit: 500

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:36:33 PM

I donated a little....
The thing that is fishy about this to me is that CoinKite is just focused on encouraging us to donate 25 btc by the deadline, but they still have not provided any guarantee they would even add Mintcoin even if the fund amount was reached. 25 BTC with no guarantee of implementation??? Another thing to note: Dogecoin, Peercoin et al are all NOT donating...why?

I know it sounds great, but it seems like BS at this point.

Mintcoin doesn't absolutely "need" CoinKite, imo. Mintcoin is/will be successful with out it. I have not sold any of my MINTs, and will continue to keep buying more; this coin is great. Cheers!

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
WALKEN-COIN

Activity: 269

Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 04:43:43 PM

^^^^^^^^^

Coinkite is great for bringing Bitcoin in to the past and allowing the "old way" of doing things to work, but it is far from the end-all-be-all for Mintcoin. As I said before, I do not think it would send Mintcoin to the moon, but it would open up a market that we otherwise would not have had at this time and place and allow Mintcoin to have some exposure and usability it would not otherwise have, UNTIL another competitor comes along and ASKS to list us after taking a look at the coin and community....

I agree the Android app is much more interesting and important for growth. That is why I offered 4 times the amount in Bounty coins for the Android app than what I sent to Coinkite as a show of "vote" (bribe) support. I have no issues with contributing towards projects that will raise the value of my investment. I believe the android app, for obvious reasons, will be MUCH bigger for ANY coin than being added to Coinkite. It would be much better exposure to have the phone wallet/app listed on the top app sites and being spread around by people! This will take some marketing in the alt-coin world and orbiting subjects!

Eventually, there will be a decentralized Point of Sale system in place for purchasing things at retail shops, and I do believe that will either be "smart-cards" that link to your phone wallet through the cards RFID chip and allow you to swipe like a credit card, or just a direct scan from the register of your wallet QR code on your phone screen.

Coinkite will likely die at that moment, because who wants to pay the fees and keep their coins on another guys server if they don't have to?

The very fact that this community talked about this single step as much as we did makes me excited for what is going to happen when our community grows by leaps and bounds in the coming years. This constant searching and pushing for the next big step is one large reason why I put my money in MINTCOIN rather than ______coin.

Coinkite is subscribing to the US congressional way of doing things: Highest bidder gets in on the action, the rest, tough shit. Guess what? Looks like people are fed up with that business model.

I gotta say, I like that a chunk of this coin's forum community just told Coinkite to basically go fuck itself due to that factor. I would rather be attached to a coin community with some balls and lot of sharp minds than one who throws all their money at every opportunity that comes along.

If Coinkite had ANY integrity, they would just send the coins back to people when the deadline came.

I am planning on making a little "commercial" video for Mintcoin. I need a physical Mintcoin to finish it, but so far all the quotes I got for molding a coin have been outrageous and they want me to purchase a lot of them, which is understandable if you go to through the process of molding something like that. I think this community can help send this coin viral with a lot of little projects like that. I figure it will be fun and worth a shot, so why not?

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██
▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
████████▄   ███    █████████▄   █████████  █████████▀  █████████
███   ▀██  █████   ███   ▀███  ████▀       ███        ███▀   ▀███
███   ▄█▀ ███▀███  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄     ███▄▄▄▄▄  ███       ▀
███████▀ ███   ███ ▀████████▀   ▀███████   ████████  ███
███▀▀▀  ███     ███ ▀█▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███  ███       ███       ▄
███    ███       ███ ▀   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄   ▄███
███   ███ ▄█████▄ ███     ███  ▀███████▀   ██████████  █████████
                   ███                                   ▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████▄ ███ ▀██████    ████    █████████████████  ██████████  █████████▄   █████████
███        ███    ▀█▄ ███    ▀███   █████   ███    ███    ███  ███         ███   ▀███  ████▀
███        ███    ▄██  ███     ███  ██████  ███    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄
████████████████████▀ ▄ ███    ███  ███ ███ ███    ███    ███  ██████████  █████████▀   ▀███████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀███   █▄ ███  ███   ███  ██████    ███    ███  ███         ███▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███
███        ███   ███   █▄ ███ ▀█    ███   █████    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███
███        ███    ███   ▀  ▀█▀      ███    ████    ███    ███  ██████████  ███    ███  ▀███████▀

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
moderndezigns

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:59:15 PM

^^^^^^^^^

Coinkite is great for bringing Bitcoin in to the past and allowing the "old way" of doing things to work, but it is far from the end-all-be-all for Mintcoin. As I said before, I do not think it would send Mintcoin to the moon, but it would open up a market that we otherwise would not have had at this time and place and allow Mintcoin to have some exposure and usability it would not otherwise have, UNTIL another competitor comes along and ASKS to list us after taking a look at the coin and community....

I agree the Android app is much more interesting and important for growth. That is why I offered 4 times the amount in Bounty coins for the Android app than what I sent to Coinkite as a show of "vote" (bribe) support. I have no issues with contributing towards projects that will raise the value of my investment. I believe the android app, for obvious reasons, will be MUCH bigger for ANY coin than being added to Coinkite. It would be much better exposure to have the phone wallet/app listed on the top app sites and being spread around by people! This will take some marketing in the alt-coin world and orbiting subjects!

Eventually, there will be a decentralized Point of Sale system in place for purchasing things at retail shops, and I do believe that will either be "smart-cards" that link to your phone wallet through the cards RFID chip and allow you to swipe like a credit card, or just a direct scan from the register of your wallet QR code on your phone screen.

Coinkite will likely die at that moment, because who wants to pay the fees and keep their coins on another guys server if they don't have to?

The very fact that this community talked about this single step as much as we did makes me excited for what is going to happen when our community grows by leaps and bounds in the coming years. This constant searching and pushing for the next big step is one large reason why I put my money in MINTCOIN rather than ______coin.

Coinkite is subscribing to the US congressional way of doing things: Highest bidder gets in on the action, the rest, tough shit. Guess what? Looks like people are fed up with that business model.

I gotta say, I like that a chunk of this coin's forum community just told Coinkite to basically go fuck itself due to that factor. I would rather be attached to a coin community with some balls and lot of sharp minds than one who throws all their money at every opportunity that comes along.

If Coinkite had ANY integrity, they would just send the coins back to people when the deadline came.

I am planning on making a little "commercial" video for Mintcoin. I need a physical Mintcoin to finish it, but so far all the quotes I got for molding a coin have been outrageous and they want me to purchase a lot of them, which is understandable if you go to through the process of molding something like that. I think this community can help send this coin viral with a lot of little projects like that. I figure it will be fun and worth a shot, so why not?

I think there was a person based out of Israel on the crypto currency collectors club facebook that was talking about creating a physical Mintcoin you may want to check there and see if they already exist
dragonseer

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 05:12:57 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2014, 05:57:26 PM by dragonseer

My thoughts are that the coinkite business model is such that most merchants would look at it and decide they are better off doing it themselves, it just looks like more hoops to jump through and then it's no better than a credit card service with more risks involved, they want to manage your wallet too? And a few of the merchants listed on their map were just people trying to run an exchange of their own. That and the high fees for considering other coins (which their merchants don't have to accept) it doesn't seem like this startup is going to be around for long, not as long as Mintcoin I suspect  Wink

EDIT: I remembered this article about the Lamassu Bitcoin ATMs, it reads to me like they can add support for another digital currency like Mintcoin, so then all you would need is the mobile wallet

http://www.coindesk.com/lamassu-ceo-atms-will-soon-become-portals-bitcoin-services/

But again this kind of infrastructure for merchants doesn't lock them into a 'walled garden' relying on some new startup charging fees and managing their funds for them.

Crypto sales and more here: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/dragon-seer
Pages: « 1 ... 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 [675] 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: