Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:30:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 [685] 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
moderndezigns

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:26:46 PM

Mintcoin Earthday Thunderclap Campaign

I was wondering if there is any interest in supporting a Mintcoin Earthday Thunderclap campaign?  I'm willing to donate a Million Mintcoins toward making it happen or about .13 btc . Anyone else interested in this?

I can donate 200,000 Mint. I would donate 400,000 Mint but I donated 200,000+ to the coinkite thingy and since I donated it straight from Mintpal, I'm pretty sure when it was refunded Mintpal was given 200,000+ Mint instead of me Undecided

haha yes I figured the same thing happened to me when Beaverslayer sent me that message. Mitcoin donated some mint to Mintpal. Thanks for the donation hopefully we can get this done!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kergekoin

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:21:21 PM

OK guys and girls.

I just made few fixes and compiled windows wallet for us as well. Its version is set to 1.8.1, so you can tell the difference from 1.8.0.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fodu0f7y7w2uopl/Mintcoin%201.8.1.zip

New wallet properly sorts all transactions by date as a default. It used to sort them by status. That is why orphan blocks always appeared on top.
New wallet has option to go to Mintcoin homepage under Help menu. Now you can quickly reach Mintcoin FAQ  Cheesy .
Locking and unlocking moved to under settings menu. Unlocking for minting only not working yet. I will sort it out when i get more time.
This wallet also has latest git pull merges from others.

Cheers!

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
Jeff Jefferson

Activity: 307
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:23:06 PM

i was thinking about the upcoming mintcoin foundation and the android wallet. what do you guys think of the following idea.

as soon as the foundation and the android wallet are up and running we select a known organization a lot of Mintcoin members would like to donate some coins to like e.g. PETA or WWF or something else. Instead of asking them whether they want to accept Mintcoin for the donation we already collect some donations worth maybe couple of hundreds of euros. Then an official Mintcoin donation letter/email to Peta/WWF/? "Hey guys, our foundation likes your work. We already have couple of millions Mintcoins waiting for you. all you have to do is tell us your Mintcoin wallet address. It would be nice if you could also post this address at your site so other people could donate it directly to you. You get the address by downloading this official Mintcoin app at the Play store. Any android device is sufficient. As soon as you receive the money you can of course directly convert it to USD/EUR and so on. Or you just keep it for a while and watch it getting more and more according to our protocol". Then something like, hey please answer within 1-2 months otherwise we donate that money to another organization.

I think that might be a nice incentive for them to accept Mintcoin as a way for a donation.

As always I'm curious what you guys think about it.

P.S. mr. beaverslayer, i've just donated my promised 300k to the bounty address above. please update! Roll Eyes
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:38:24 PM

OK guys and girls.

I just made few fixes and compiled windows wallet for us as well. Its version is set to 1.8.1, so you can tell the difference from 1.8.0.

New wallet properly sorts all transactions by date as a default. It used to sort them by status. That is why orphan blocks always appeared on top.
New wallet has option to go to Mintcoin homepage under Help menu. Now you can quickly reach Mintcoin FAQ  Cheesy .
Locking and unlocking moved to under settings menu. Unlocking for minting only not working yet. I will sort it out when i get more time.

Cheers!

Awesome! Thank you, Kergekoin!
moderndezigns

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:30:23 PM

i was thinking about the upcoming mintcoin foundation and the android wallet. what do you guys think of the following idea.

as soon as the foundation and the android wallet are up and running we select a known organization a lot of Mintcoin members would like to donate some coins to like e.g. PETA or WWF or something else. Instead of asking them whether they want to accept Mintcoin for the donation we already collect some donations worth maybe couple of hundreds of euros. Then an official Mintcoin donation letter/email to Peta/WWF/? "Hey guys, our foundation likes your work. We already have couple of millions Mintcoins waiting for you. all you have to do is tell us your Mintcoin wallet address. It would be nice if you could also post this address at your site so other people could donate it directly to you. You get the address by downloading this official Mintcoin app at the Play store. Any android device is sufficient. As soon as you receive the money you can of course directly convert it to USD/EUR and so on. Or you just keep it for a while and watch it getting more and more according to our protocol". Then something like, hey please answer within 1-2 months otherwise we donate that money to another organization.

I think that might be a nice incentive for them to accept Mintcoin as a way for a donation.

P.S. mr. beaverslayer, i've just donated my promised 300k to the bounty address above. please update! Roll Eyes

I think this is a great idea! I think WWF would be the best bet and would love to help support some of the same causes. I think they are pretty forward thinking as well so may implement it
Beaverslayer

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:33:19 PM

I was wondering if there is any interest in supporting a Mintcoin Earthday Thunderclap campaign?  I'm willing to donate a Million Mintcoins toward making it happen or about .13 btc . Anyone else interested in this?

I can donate 200,000 Mint. I would donate 400,000 Mint but I donated 200,000+ to the coinkite thingy and since I donated it straight from Mintpal, I'm pretty sure when it was refunded Mintpal was given 200,000+ Mint instead of me Undecided

haha yes I figured the same thing happened to me when Beaverslayer sent me that message. Mitcoin donated some mint to Mintpal. Thanks for the donation hopefully we can get this done!

I think the same thing happened with the Mint I sent from my Twitter Tip Bot account. Lesson learned here people, always send from your own wallet just to be on the safe side. Mintpal even combined the withdrawals of Mintcoin sent to the Android wallet address of two separate peoples accounts, something that should never have been done.
Beaverslayer

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:34:50 PM

Thank you kind Sir, it is very much appreciated and i will update asap.
Beaverslayer

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:36:57 PM

I think this is a great idea! I think WWF would be the best bet and would love to help support some of the same causes. I think they are pretty forward thinking as well so may implement it

I also like this idea, except for the PETA part. I'm not a big fan of them as they are pretty radical at times, whereas WWF is by far the better organization in my opinion.
moderndezigns

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:42:03 PM

I also like this idea, except for the PETA part. I'm not a big fan of them as they are pretty radical at times, whereas WWF is by far the better organization in my opinion.

I agree with beaverslayer on this
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:43:12 PM

I agree, people will be much more likely to accept Mintcoin for donations if there is already a significant amount of mintcoins ready to be donated to them as soon as they accept.
WALKEN-COIN

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 12:07:27 AM

We can actually do a basic one for free. If we want all the frills and such, it would take between $45 and $500, but that would be pointless without ad videos and an involved media creation for the Thunderclap.

Basically, Dev gets a Thunderclap started, and then spams the ad for the Thunderclap for a few weeks. Everyone who sees it can then link their Facebook/twitter accounts to the Thunderclap, and when the timer is up, it releases the message to everyone on all the lists that have been added to the Thunderclap.

We would need people spamming the "Join the Thunderclap" ad/link around on forums and such (anywhere it gets visibility and reaches demographic) and people willing to allow Thunderclap.it to access their Facebook and Twitter etc for the actual Thunderclap. Not everyone will want to do that, but some will.

We would reach more people with an ad by doing the Thunderclap than by not doing it, but it is just one option that may or may not be popular right now.

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██
▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
████████▄   ███    █████████▄   █████████  █████████▀  █████████
███   ▀██  █████   ███   ▀███  ████▀       ███        ███▀   ▀███
███   ▄█▀ ███▀███  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄     ███▄▄▄▄▄  ███       ▀
███████▀ ███   ███ ▀████████▀   ▀███████   ████████  ███
███▀▀▀  ███     ███ ▀█▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███  ███       ███       ▄
███    ███       ███ ▀   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄   ▄███
███   ███ ▄█████▄ ███     ███  ▀███████▀   ██████████  █████████
                   ███                                   ▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████▄ ███ ▀██████    ████    █████████████████  ██████████  █████████▄   █████████
███        ███    ▀█▄ ███    ▀███   █████   ███    ███    ███  ███         ███   ▀███  ████▀
███        ███    ▄██  ███     ███  ██████  ███    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄
████████████████████▀ ▄ ███    ███  ███ ███ ███    ███    ███  ██████████  █████████▀   ▀███████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀███   █▄ ███  ███   ███  ██████    ███    ███  ███         ███▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███
███        ███   ███   █▄ ███ ▀█    ███   █████    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███
███        ███    ███   ▀  ▀█▀      ███    ████    ███    ███  ██████████  ███    ███  ▀███████▀

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
moderndezigns

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 12:22:27 AM

We can actually do a basic one for free. If we want all the frills and such, it would take between $45 and $500, but that would be pointless without ad videos and an involved media creation for the Thunderclap.

Basically, Dev gets a Thunderclap started, and then spams the ad for the Thunderclap for a few weeks. Everyone who sees it can then link their Facebook/twitter accounts to the Thunderclap, and when the timer is up, it releases the message to everyone on all the lists that have been added to the Thunderclap.

We would need people spamming the "Join the Thunderclap" ad/link around on forums and such (anywhere it gets visibility and reaches demographic) and people willing to allow Thunderclap.it to access their Facebook and Twitter etc for the actual Thunderclap. Not everyone will want to do that, but some will.

We would reach more people with an ad by doing the Thunderclap than by not doing it, but it is just one option that may or may not be popular right now.

Ok well like I said I'm open to all suggestions. I know someone ran a free one before.. I was just trying to think of some kind of advertising for earthday
moderndezigns

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:40:33 AM

OK guys and girls.

Cheers!

Yes Thank You!
moderndezigns

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:41:21 AM

http://i59.tinypic.com/25gq6g1.jpg
KSGuy

Activity: 429

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:02:58 AM

Supporting Earthday would be an interesting move Wink
moderndezigns

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:17:31 AM

http://i62.tinypic.com/2v1qd82.jpg
Beaverslayer

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 04:00:30 AM

Well, I just finished up a Mintcoin News Letter and deposited it into my DropBox account. Have a look and let me know what you all think. If you like it and have upcoming news that the community and new people will want to hear, send me a PM and I'll put it into the next News Letter. I'll hopefully be able to do one every week.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rkr7i4hma654ujx/Mintcoin%20News%20Letter.pdf
rlm42

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 05:37:18 AM

Well, I just finished up a Mintcoin News Letter and deposited it into my DropBox account. Have a look and let me know what you all think. If you like it and have upcoming news that the community and new people will want to hear, send me a PM and I'll put it into the next News Letter. I'll hopefully be able to do one every week.

Good read, thanks! Smiley
jakema

Activity: 51

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 07:11:31 AM

very nice info about whats been going on in mint
thanks
paspi

Activity: 185

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 07:30:01 AM

Hey Beaverslayer, good read thanks!

For the next one, can you make it a standard multi-page PDF instead of a PDF portfolio? This was hard to open, actually it's the first time I've seen a PDF portfolio Smiley I don't even know what it is, it is just different than what we're used to.

And secondly, I think I'll prefer a text PDF file instead of text as images (not speaking of background or anything visual, just the body text has the problem. The visuals are great!). I can't select the text (including mintcoin addresses mentioned inline), and the font is a little hard on the eyes. I think it'll look more professional

MINT: MdPQhsGufjm5AXYkHebbnF2A155xDqVfK7
Pages: « 1 ... 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 [685] 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: