R9 270 4~6 - 47 (2.8%)
R9 270 6+ - 93 (5.6%)
R9 280X 1~3 - 254 (15.3%)
R9 280X 4~6 - 255 (15.4%)
R9 280X 6+ - 268 (16.2%)
R9 290 1~3 - 150 (9.1%)
R9 290 3~6 - 91 (5.5%)
R9 290 6+ - 298 (18%)
OTHER (please specify in the thread) - 75 (4.5%)
NONE (Mining only) - 35 (2.1%)
Total Voters: 1656

Pages: « 1 ... 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 [283] 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 ... 440 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GPUC] GPU Coin | Mandatory Wallet Update  (Read 421191 times)
freeloader1969

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:19:24 PM

I think the price for GPUC should remain fairly stable,  once the store opens up and we have some idea about how many GPUC it will cost to get one GPU.   I think the GPUC should be in some way self-correcting because anyone who buys GPUC to get a GPU is going to check it against the value of BTC and their national currency. The volatility might be more connected to BTC volatility than manipulation of the GPUC market.

The only way I see extreme volatility is if there's a lot of dumping all at once or if the GPUC store is the only place where you can find, for example, 290x GPUs.

Honestly, if you believe anyone mines that coin to buy GPUs you are just naive.

Who mines it is planning to dump it as soon as the price is profitable enough. Some of the miners bet on people that are expected buy this coin to get GPUs, but really look at it: You get GPUs quicker and cheaper on big markets than here - especially outside of north america. As said before, the whole model is a flaw, and if the creators are aware of the flaw instead of being totally naive, a scam.

That's not true though. If I can get a GPU cheaper using GPUC than using $ then I'll use my GPUC for it. There's no reason for me to dump it on an exchange and convert it to $ just to buy a GPU that's more expensive.

>implying majority of miners want GPUs

Wasn't implying that at all. I am prepared to go out on a limb though and say that there are probably quite a few people here interested in buying GPUs.

+1...I'm solely interested in buying GPUs from the store when it's up and running.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
P2PHash

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:19:27 PM

Spread hashrate and be safe, go for p2pool!! Lots of block found Smiley
Only 0.5% Fee

P2Pool benefits:

* No registration required
* Distributed hashrate
* Immediate payouts after a block is found
* Higher payouts with transaction fees paid to miners
* No account hack possible

Address: p2phash.com:9404
Start mining within seconds! Just point your miner to p2phash.com:9404 and use the GPUcoin address from your wallet for username, the password doesn't matter.
polarpanda

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:21:10 PM

Exactly.  If you can buy GPU's cheaper than newegg etc., and he actually has them in stock, it makes perfect sense to use GPUC.  That's the only question though, will he be able to stock the cards and sell them at a reasonable price.  If he comes in at the same price, there's no reason to use GPUC.

That's what I tried explaining to folks early on in this thread, as some folks were confident GPUC would stand up with a defined value. I said no.. it won't. GPUC is merely the transport vehicle; while a static or at least high value is preferred, it doesn't mean that will be the case. The markets will define the value of the coin. This will be based on their confidence and preference of using GPUC, which is based on the business frontend's ability to outperform its Commercial Competition in quantity/volume.

I like the overall idea of the business model, being based on a product which is in demand, but that is its own Achilles heel--it's a product which is in such high demand that the factories cannot keep up with production. Amazon is the highest volume reseller of GPUs in North America to the consumer market, followed up by Newegg, Tiger Direct, etc.

While GPUCoin will surely be able to garner some sort of partnership with a wholesale or reseller/distributor, they will not be able to outdo Amazon or the others in Accessibility and Volume. They will fill a niche for sure--no doubt about it--but they won't come close to being one of the "go to" places. Especially when, right now, you can use BTC directly on TigerDirect, or buy store giftcards with it--and with Amazon, you can go BTC->Giftcard at a 15-20% discount. So if you're a Prime member, you're getting below MSRP on the GPU's already, and then another 15-20% off of that--with next day delivery, and no quantity limits.

I'm not seeing how GPUCoin can compete with that.

I might be wrong, but this is my assessment.

Edit:

In fact, if I were GPU Coin, in addition to partnerships with resellers/wholesale establishments, I would probably be buying from Amazon and then reselling it. Perhaps this is part of his plan, it would certainly open up volume. He could then make a nice net profit on his side of the ledger if he did this and kept the GPU price below Newegg's pricing.

Your writing makes a lot of sense!

I'm guessing the GPUCoin price will be pretty close to what it costs to mine. If you have to pay more than the graphics card's price you want to buy - in electricity costs - it doesn't make much sense to mine, right?

So can we have an estimate how many GPUcoins you can mine with 400usd of electricity in a couple of weeks? I think that would give an estimate of the max value of the coin.

If we in fact get a real market where GPUCoins are actively exchanged for graphics cards, early (lower) mining costs of CPUCoins may give a decent profit. In the long run I still think the CPUCoin price will be what the mining cost is. And that's IF there actually is a functioning store where to spend the coins.

Anyways, an interesting project, and happy to have mined 500 coins today :-)
phaddie

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:26:17 PM

Today we will begin our first round of bonuses and rewards! We will be picking 3 lucky miners from OakPools to win Battlefied 4 game codes! Come and mine with us for your chance to win!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH (Big breath in) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Did you want about 5 kagillion game codes to add to your giveway?
Anthropolis

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Marine Corps, BA & AA Degrees, Hacker, Lover

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 03:26:45 PM

Prices are starting to go up again on Atomic-Trade! Click here if anyone want's to go check it out. It will still be a couple days before we know what the price/value will get up to. But You can go watch it easily and chat in the chatbox at Atomic Trade.

◄█▒░ATOMIC TRADE!░▒█►║◄█▒░CLOUD MINING!░▒█►
freeloader1969

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:29:32 PM

Only 0.5% Fee

P2Pool benefits:

* Distributed hashrate

Start mining within seconds! Just point your miner to p2phash.com:9404 and use the GPUcoin address from your wallet for username, the password doesn't matter.

Getting a lot of "Stratum from pool 0 request work restart" from the pool.
Jherek

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:29:40 PM

I think the price for GPUC should remain fairly stable,  once the store opens up and we have some idea about how many GPUC it will cost to get one GPU.   I think the GPUC should be in some way self-correcting because anyone who buys GPUC to get a GPU is going to check it against the value of BTC and their national currency. The volatility might be more connected to BTC volatility than manipulation of the GPUC market.

The only way I see extreme volatility is if there's a lot of dumping all at once or if the GPUC store is the only place where you can find, for example, 290x GPUs.

Who mines it is planning to dump it as soon as the price is profitable enough. Some of the miners bet on people that are expected buy this coin to get GPUs, but really look at it: You get GPUs quicker and cheaper on big markets than here - especially outside of north america. As said before, the whole model is a flaw, and if the creators are aware of the flaw instead of being totally naive, a scam.

That's not true though. If I can get a GPU cheaper using GPUC than using $ then I'll use my GPUC for it. There's no reason for me to dump it on an exchange and convert it to $ just to buy a GPU that's more expensive.

Are you really trying to greentext on a forum ?

No, I am trying to ask who they think will buy all the GPUs and why the top miners, these with huge rigs (30+ mH on scrypt-n) mining, wouldn't dump them to get BTC instead of actually buying GPUs
goodluck0319

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:30:52 PM

Only 0.5% Fee

P2Pool benefits:

* Distributed hashrate

me too why?

djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 03:31:02 PM

what I find good with this coin is that it makes other coins easier to mine since now all the whales are coming here

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
nanoprobe
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:33:30 PM

Anyone else here mining at leetpools? I've had no confirmed or unconfirmed shares for almost 6 hours. No deposits to my wallets either. Something ain't right.

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.
Never look back, something might be gaining on you.
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:34:30 PM

I'm guessing the GPUCoin price will be pretty close to what it costs to mine. If you have to pay more than the graphics card's price you want to buy - in electricity costs - it doesn't make much sense to mine, right?

You bring up a good point about the power costs. Actually, I had totally forgotten about the power cost to be honest. So let's toss out some data. I can personally ScryptN at around 10Mh, and it will use 7,000w/hr. If I mine for 24 hours, that's 168Kwh. If my Kwh cost is 0.11/usd, then my mining cost was around $18.50 for a day.

Speculation:

Let's say it takes 7 days to mine enough GPUC for a 270 series card. I spent $130 to pay for the electric. How much is GPUC worth at that point? The longer I have to mine for a card, the less perceived market value the coin may have based on electrical costs, because at some point electric will cost more than just buying the card outright.

Perspective:

I can get MSI R9 270's on Amazon for $150 fiat (last week's order).

This would demand GPUC be worth much, much more than it is now.

scott0577

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:34:34 PM

I love the fact that former IPO investors are telling us how the coin is going to fail and trying to convince everybody it's worthless. It's like getting dating advice from an ex-girlfriend   Shocked
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:35:28 PM

Is anyone else having problems with the wallet on XP?

Running the client does not generate anything in the AppData folder.

It gives the genesis block error.

Tried quitting and opening again.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
SP4RK7

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:36:11 PM

Are you really trying to greentext on a forum ?

No, I am trying to ask who they think will buy all the GPUs and why the top miners, these with huge rigs (30+ mH on scrypt-n) mining, wouldn't dump them to get BTC instead of actually buying GPUs

Maybe because the reason they have 30MH's rig in the first place is that they have always reinvested profits back into there mining set up.

GPUC gives them an easier/cheaper way of doing it, so that next time they will have a 40MH's rig
freeloader1969

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:38:55 PM

Only 0.5% Fee

P2Pool benefits:

* Distributed hashrate

me too why?

I know why it happens, I just can't believe that blocks are being found that fast on the network!  Could also be a bad ping rate.  Will try different node.
trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:39:21 PM

I love the fact that former IPO investors are telling us how the coin is going to fail and trying to convince everybody it's worthless. It's like getting dating advice from an ex-girlfriend   Shocked

Yeah, the guy regrets getting a refund. Thanks for the extra shares.
freeloader1969

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:42:30 PM

Yeah, the guy regrets getting a refund. Thanks for the extra shares.

+1.  I was able to scoop up an additional 130K due to refunds. Smiley
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 03:42:42 PM

30MH/s so it is more than 60gpu's. I think he is the guy we should contact to get cheap gpu's.  Grin

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Jherek

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:45:44 PM

You bring up a good point about the power costs. Actually, I had totally forgotten about the power cost to be honest. So let's toss out some data. I can personally ScryptN at around 10Mh, and it will use 7,000w/hr. If I mine for 24 hours, that's 168Kwh. If my Kwh cost is 0.11/usd, then my mining cost was around $18.50 for a day.

Speculation:

Let's say it takes 7 days to mine enough GPUC for a 270 series card. I spent $130 to pay for the electric. How much is GPUC worth at that point? The longer I have to mine for a card, the less perceived market value the coin may have based on electrical costs, because at some point electric will cost more than just buying the card outright.

Perspective:

I can get MSI R9 270's on Amazon for $150 fiat (last week's order).

This would demand GPUC be worth much, much more than it is now.

And when the price is so hight that it would become profitable to mine them for GPU, I could simply cashout and buy a stack of ASICs to mine litecoin or one of the 1000 altcoins, lowering my electricity cost by factor of 10...
P2PHash

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:46:25 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2014, 04:00:35 PM by P2PHash

Only 0.5% Fee

P2Pool benefits:

* Distributed hashrate

me too why?

I know why it happens, I just can't believe that blocks are being found that fast on the network!  Could also be a bad ping rate.  Will try different node.

It's perfectly normal with p2pool, doa rate on the node is low (<5%), your mining hashrate is as usual isn't it? It happens every time a share is found and encoded to the sharechain not for every block.
Pages: « 1 ... 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 [283] 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 ... 440 »
  Print  

Jump to: