Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 07:15:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814501 times)
CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 05:09:00 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2014, 05:27:56 PM by CryptoBroker79

For those who follow Coinmarket Cap on a regular basis, please note that there is a new reality to keep in mind. The flood of crowdfunding offered in the form of IPO, ITO and ICO or whatever it is labeled has created a large number of new participants in the crypto currency space. There has been a migration from being a pure digital currency like DNotes to other business models like IoT (Internet of Things), DAC (Decentralized Autonomous Corporation/Company), cryptoshare company, smart contract,  crowdfunding company and more.

Being a Coinmarket Cap top 50s or a top 30s may no longer be as meaningful. Crowdfunding allow a maximum of $1 million to be raised. This will be a challenge for DNotes to maintain our position near term, since every new ITO participant will likely have a higher market cap than Dnotes, starting from day one. I will be watching this closely and will comment on this subject as appropriate.

The following article on crowdfunding is worth reading:

Quotes from Forbes:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/chancebarnett/2013/05/08/top-10-crowdfunding-sites-for-fundraising/

“The JOBS Act that was passed in April of 2012 paved the way to investment crowdfunding, but the JOBS Act Rulings by the SEC have yet to be fully implemented to formally kick the market off. Expect big movement and activity in this area in 2013 and 2014.”

“The Crowdfunding Industry Report by Massolution put out data showing the overall crowdfunding industry has raised $2.7 billion in 2012, across more than 1 million individual campaigns globally. In 2013 the industry is projected to grow to $5.1 billion.”

It's funny you should mention this, as soon as I had noticed the recent rush of IPO coins, I immediately started researching their legality. From what I have read, the JOBS (Jumpstart Our Business Startups) Act will most likely help new small businesses attain funding. However, as demonstrated in the crypto world, money in the wrong hands tends to go missing. Here are some tips from the SEC in keeping safe when participating in IPO's;

Risky Business:
"Pre-IPO" Investing

"Pre-IPO" investing involves buying a stake in a company before the company makes its initial public offering of securities. Many companies and stock promoters entice investors by promising an opportunity to make high returns by investing in a start-up enterprise at the ground floor level — often a new company that claims to be related to the Internet or e-commerce.

But investing at the pre-IPO stage can involve significant risk for investors. And pre-IPO offerings targeted at the general public — especially those that are publicized through "spam" e-mails — are often fraudulent and illegal. Consider the following:

The Offering May Be Illegal – Any company that wants to offer or sell securities to the public must either register the transaction with the SEC or meet an exemption. Otherwise the offering is illegal, and you may lose every penny you invest. The most common exemptions include those found in Regulation D of the Securities Act. But to meet these exemptions, the company and its promoters generally cannot advertise the offering or make solicitations to the general public.

You're Buying Unregistered Securities – That means you may have an extremely difficult time selling your securities if you want to liquidate before the company goes public. You may also have a difficult time obtaining current, reliable information about the company. In addition, if you purchase or acquirerestricted securities, you cannot sell those securities for at least one year—even if the company goes public in the meantime.

The Company May Never Go Public – In a growing number of cases, fraudsters have focused on the predicted value and imminence of an alleged IPO to lure—and pressure—investors. But don't be taken in by such false promises. While some IPOs yield double- and even triple-digit returns, many others don't or quickly fall back to levels far below the IPO price. In any event, the fact remains that the company may never go public. And if that's the case, you may never recoup your investment.

Before you even think about investing in any pre-IPO opportunity, be sure to do your homework. At a minimum, you'll want to know:

Details About the Offering – Is the securities offering subject to an exemption? Remember, if it's neither registered nor exempt, it's illegal. Check with your state securities regulator to find out whether they have any information about the company, the offering, and the people promoting the deal. You can also check with the SEC's Public Reference Room to see whether the company has filed an offering circular under Regulation A or a Form D under Regulation D. If you ultimately decide to invest, find out whether your stock will be restricted in any way. And be sure to ask how, if at all, you can liquidate your investment if the company does not go public.

Information on the Company – What are its products and services? Who are its customers? Does it have the physical plant, contracts, or inventory it claims to have? Are audited financials available? If so, ask for copies and review them carefully. We've seen over the years that the most successful frauds typically start out with plausible lies. That's why you should always independently verify claims about any company in which you plan to invest.

Management's Background – Who runs the company? Have they made money for investors in the past? Have any of them violated the law, including any of the federal securities laws? Your state securities regulatormay be able to tell you whether the company and the people who run it have previously defrauded investors.

The Existence and Identity of the Underwriter – Has the company retained an investment banking firm to underwrite the offering? If so, which firm? Contact yourstate securities regulator to find out whether the firm has a history of complaints or fraud.

The Identity and Disciplinary History of the Promoter– How did you find out about the offering? If you heard about it from a stranger or saw a general advertisement, exercise extreme caution. Unscrupulous promoters typically try to lure in as many unwitting investors as possible to maximize their returns. Be sure to check out the disciplinary history of any promoters with your state securities regulator

Remember: the people and companies that promote fraudulent pre-IPO offerings often use impressive-looking websites, bulletin board postings, and e-mail spam to exploit investors who scour the Internet looking for e-businesses in which to invest. To lure you in, they make unfounded comparisons between their company and other established, successful Internet companies. But these and other claims that sound so believable at first often turn out to be false or misleading

Always be skeptical when considering any offer you hear about through the Internet. For tips on how to recognize and avoid Internet fraud, please read our publication entitled Internet Fraud:  How to Avoid Internet Investment Scams. http://www.sec.gov/investor/pubs/cyberfraud.htm
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 05:43:26 PM

I think the Brand name is right.  And the vision of the above posts seem to be heading NOTE in the right direction.  Know your niche and a hybrid of traditional banking/lending concepts coupled with improved versions of the blockchain can really make NOTE a standout.

This is a time tested digital coin, or note, that has good capital ranking and already well into the tail end of distribution.

So many coins but I will try to keep up with the good discussions going on here Smiley

Thanks for your support and participation, BitcoinNational. I am impressed that you have been involved in the Bitcoin community for a long time. I just hope that you are not the one who spent the 10,000 Bitcoin to buy the two famous pizza. You should share some of the more memorable stories from the early days.

You said this on 9-12-2012:

“Bitcoin is Money.

And the inner circles of the Bitcoin community is in The Business of Money.  A very serious business.”

In any business Trust is the most important factor.”

I am impressed. DNotes is money and Trust is our main sign post. We are proud to have someone like you to share our vision.

Branding is extremely important. The name can mean nothing or everything. We want DNotes to mean everything we stand for that we can be proud of. DNotes is branded, from day one, as "The Trustworthy Digital Currency of the Future with Lasting Value". This will continue to be our theme and commitment. Staying true to our commitments and core values is crucial.

DNotes is also founded with a shared-stake concept based on the philosophy of getting DNotes into the hands of as many people as possible, including those who are less fortunate. With DNotesVault our stakeholders can easily share some DNotes with family and friends. Our family of CR.I.S.Ps. could be enormously popular building a solid and widespread base for mass consumer and merchant adoption of DNotes.

Beyond DNotesVault and our family of CR.I.S.Ps. our strategic focus will be on payment processing with robust mobile applications, timed to be launched when we believe that there is a sufficiently high level of interest. Other strategic properties could involve a fully regulated exchange or gateway offering a range of financial services involving blockchain technologies and smart contracts. Everything will evolve around DNotes as the trusted digital currency of choice. That is the path we have chosen. It is a path with solid growth potential and one that will continue to differentiate DNotes from others with minimal risks and uncertainties.
RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2014, 05:45:17 PM

For those who follow Coinmarket Cap on a regular basis...

Perhaps it is time to start rating digital currency by different means, not just marketcap. It seems that actual use of the currency would be more important. Some indicator of actual tokens traded per day like volume but weighted by other factors such as the number produced, the number actually spent on goods not just moved from one holder to another and the amount being held as investment (produced but not traded) would give a much clearer picture of a coins success.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2014, 05:49:55 PM

I think the Brand name is right.  And the vision of the above posts seem to be heading NOTE in the right direction.  Know your niche and a hybrid of traditional banking/lending concepts coupled with improved versions of the blockchain can really make NOTE a standout.

This is a time tested digital coin, or note, that has good capital ranking and already well into the tail end of distribution.

So many coins but I will try to keep up with the good discussions going on here Smiley

Thanks for your support and participation, BitcoinNational...

Oh, that reminds me, another coin is about to launch and it appears they will be using "NOTE" for their identifier. Not calling them "DNotes" but very similar in nature. Might want to check it out. THis can lead to confusion I'm sure...

http://www.bitsharesmusicfoundation.org/

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
kold678

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 06:20:13 PM

just another coin who hopes to take direction but I don't trust many anymore but some of the original alts ...been burned way to many times now as the market is so diluted with trash and people who use and abuse others...
CryptoBroker79

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 06:27:22 PM

Oh, that reminds me, another coin is about to launch and it appears they will be using "NOTE" for their identifier. Not calling them "DNotes" but very similar in nature. Might want to check it out. THis can lead to confusion I'm sure...

This reminds me of DuckNote (XDN), the developer even had the Bitcointalk username dNote! Do you think this Bitshares Music Foundation will stick around long enough to be noticed?

The need to work with each individual copyright owner (artist or record company), could be enough to bring the project to a halt.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 06:29:36 PM

Thanks, RJF. A friendly email has been sent.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 06:47:47 PM

This reminds me of DuckNote (XDN), the developer even had the Bitcointalk username dNote! Do you think this Bitshares Music Foundation will stick around long enough to be noticed?

The need to work with each individual copyright owner (artist or record company), could be enough to bring the project to a halt.

This is a new frontier with new challenges and it is not for the fainthearted.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2014, 07:27:11 PM

Can't say for sure, they're doing an IPO/ICO right now so it looks like they will have money to burn for a while. Also part of the larger Bitshares / Bitshares-PTS group.

DNotesVault
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 07:34:08 PM

just another coin who hopes to take direction but I don't trust many anymore but some of the original alts ...been burned way to many times now as the market is so diluted with trash and people who use and abuse others...

I understand the feeling. It is sad to see so many investors being ripped off. To be objective and informed I do visit various forums regularly but only actively post on DNotes and CryptoMoms’ forums. There are many honest, trusting, and hard working people being hurt, such as those at OctoCoin 888, AsiaCoin and other communities. Trying to revive a coin these days is extremely difficult and risky. I wish there is a good way to offer some of these investors a chance to regain some of the trust and confidence they lost investing in the crypto space.

PM me if you have some good ideas. Some of our major stakeholders will be delighted give the affected few some DNotes to rebuild their investment. We trust that DNotes will be a long term investment with high potential returns.
CryptoBroker79

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 05:21:41 AM

I understand the feeling. It is sad to see so many investors being ripped off. To be objective and informed I do visit various forums regularly but only actively post on DNotes and CryptoMoms’ forums. There are many honest, trusting, and hard working people being hurt, such as those at OctoCoin 888, AsiaCoin and other communities. Trying to revive a coin these days is extremely difficult and risky. I wish there is a good way to offer some of these investors a chance to regain some of the trust and confidence they lost investing in the crypto space.

PM me if you have some good ideas. Some of our major stakeholders will be delighted give the affected few some DNotes to rebuild their investment. We trust that DNotes will be a long term investment with high potential returns.

I really like this idea.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 02:31:50 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2014, 02:52:46 PM by Dyna

I really like this idea.

Good. Let’s try to reach out to the communities you have been participating or following that fit the situations I mentioned in my earlier post. PM me with your suggestions on how we may help a few deserving individuals to rebuild their investment and trust. I will take the lead to raise some DNotes by contacting some of our “good whales” and I will personally donate some DNotes to support this project. This is just a small token of our expression that we do care and that there is a trustworthy currency that welcomes and appreciates their participation.

Having personally lost a significant amount of investment in XCurrency, AsiaCoin and a few others, it is easy to get totally frustrated and give up trusting any other investment opportunities no matter what they claimed. Loosing another chunk at Mintpal/Moolah was a painful reminder. We just have to keep reminding ourselves that there are people we can trust. Unfortunately, the culture and nature of our industry make it inherently more difficult to sort them out.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 03:25:04 PM

The following is one of the best articles about Bitcoin and the future of digital currency written for the masses. It clearly states the growth potential as well a serious threat to banks, insurance companies, credit card issuers and even trusts” However,  I do not believe that it will “replace the whole global financial system” even in a few generations from now. Nonetheless, just supplementing 10% of the global financial system in ten years will result in massive job and wealth creation. Picking one or more winners at the formative stage could generate huge potential returns.

Bitcoin set to take over the financial world
(Book)

John Melloy | @johnmelloy
10 Hours AgoCNBC.com

Bitcoin, the digital currency which remains a mystery to many, will some day replace the whole global financial system, doing the job of banks, insurance companies, credit card issuers and even trusts, a new book asserts.

This extraordinary scenario is the central theme in "The Bitcoin Big Bang" by Brian Kelly, investor and contributor to CNBC's "Fast Money." Kelly says the transformation is as near as a decade away.

"If the Industrial Revolution was the catalyst for modern economies to move from an agrarian to a manufacturing society, then the Bitcoin is the vehicle that will transport the financial system from centralized to decentralized," writes the author, who runs Brian Kelly Capital from Greenwich, Connecticut. "Over the next decade, creative destruction will be the mantra within financial services, and it will all be due to an anonymous genius who gave his/her/their invention away for free."

Bitcoin has a long way to go. Right now, it remains a hobby for wealthy members of the tech jet set with only a few obscure retailers likeOverstock.com accepting it as payment. Still, some serious venture capital money is lining up behind exchanges and applications based on bitcoin. Also, the U.S. Internal Revenue Service finally officially recognized it this year.

Even an exchange-traded fund is currently being reviewed by the Securities and Exchange Commission for approval.

Read More:
http://www.cnbc.com/id/102227296#
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 09:12:03 PM

The following article may not seem like it has anything to do with cryptocurrency, but I think it has everything to do with it being successful.  For anyone that is new to cryptocurrency, this is the kind of leadership you should look for in a coin.  If you find it in another currency besides DNotes, please let me know!!

"Six Elements Of Mental Toughness"

The business world just keeps getting more complex. Indeed, a recent study by IBM of 1,500 global chief executives (Capitalizing on Complexity) indicated that they felt the greatest issue facing them was the escalation of complexity.

Complexity and turbulence in the business environment may be here to stay, but they present opportunities as well as challenges for leaders. As a business school dean, I run a more than $80 million business in an increasingly competitive marketplace. With over 33,000 stakeholders, I know the pressure isn’t going away, and so do other leaders in my organization. More likely, it will intensify. Still, I say, “Bring it on!”

Let me explain.

My son plays soccer in a competitive league. He practices three days a week and trains in specific skills with his coach. Also, he and I train together. Not only do we run sprints and engage in long bike rides to build speed, endurance and strength, we also work on the mental game associated with playing competitive sports.

Research and common sense tell us that top competitive athletes succeed because of their physical talents and their dedication to training. However, they also succeed because of their dexterity in dealing with the psychological pressures of a sport. In short, mental toughness and resilience are tremendously important for any athlete aiming to be the best in a sport.

As a result, many athletes engage in training their psychological readiness. At the root of mental training in sports is this question: Are you mentally tough enough to compete?

It is not simply a matter of my son’s knowledge, ability and skill in soccer. It is also his psychological preparedness for the game, including skill in dealing with the stress of strong competition, recovering from mistakes and failure quickly, determining strategies to tackle tough situations, adjusting with each circumstance and game, collaborating with a team, celebrating successes but not becoming overconfident and keeping positive before, during and after the game.

Using research and literature from sports psychology, such as James Loehr’s The New Toughness Training for Sports, my son and I actively work each week on his mental game. When we do so, I recognize dramatic similarities to conversations that I have with business executives.

Many have shared with me that their companies have taken a brutal pounding for the last two years, and even those who have had some success are citing fatigue in this new complex game of business. But, just as with athletes, they don’t rely only on knowledge, skills, ability or past success to traverse difficult situations. They draw on an attitude, a toughness that allows them to push through hard situations and face adversity with confidence. As businesses look to the future, their top people need to think about whether they have game-ready leaders who not only have technical skills in business but mental toughness as well.

There are at least six markers of mental toughness from sports psychology that apply equally well to business situations. As with athletes, business leaders need to ask, am I mentally tough enough to compete?

1. Flexibility. Game-ready leaders have the ability to absorb the unexpected and remain supple and non-defensive. They maintain humor even when the situation becomes tough. If something isn’t going well or doesn’t turn out as expected, they remain flexible in their approach and look for new ways to solve the problem. Just like a quarterback faced with a broken play, a leader may have to decide quickly on a different way to get the ball down the field.

Also, leaders must continually be open to re-educating themselves, even in the basics, which they may have taken for granted for too long. They need to exercise caution in defensively falling back on ideas they know and are comfortable with rather than looking for new ways of doing business.

2. Responsiveness. Game-ready leaders are able to remain engaged, alive and connected with a situation when under pressure. They are constantly identifying the opportunities, challenges, and threats in the environment. They understand that they need to think differently about how their environment and business operate.

The problems we encounter now are messier and more complicated than ever before. They often can’t be solved in the ways others were. Game-ready leaders look for new ways to think about these problems and, more important, look for fresh ways out of these problems. They have a sense of urgency about responding to the changing face of business.

Just as a coach may change strategies at halftime in response to the way a game is going based on the opponent’s strengths and weaknesses, game-ready leaders in business must respond to changes in the environment and the players.

We must pay close attention to and understand global, national, regional and local economic trends, market trends, consumer trends, industry trends and competitor responses. Relying on old assumptions about how business operates and assuming that last year’s trends still hold today is dangerous. Leaders make decisions and act based on up-to-the-minute and in-depth knowledge of what is really going on in business now.

3. Strength. Game-ready leaders are able to exert and resist great force when under pressure and to keep going against insurmountable odds. They find the strength to dig deep and garner the resolve to keep going, even when in a seemingly losing game. They focus on giving their best and fighting hard until the end, with persistent intensity throughout the game.

The story of Team Hoyt, Dick and Rick, is an inspirational example of drawing on both inner and physical strength. Rick was born in 1962 to Dick and Judy Hoyt and was diagnosed as a spastic quadriplegic with cerebral palsy. His parents were advised to institutionalize him because”there was no chance of him recovering, and little hope for Rick to live a ‘normal’ life. This was just the beginning of Dick and Judy’s quest for Rick’s inclusion in community, sports, education, and one day, the workplace. In the spring of 1977, Rick told his father that he wanted to participate in a 5-mile benefit run for a lacrosse player who had been paralyzed in an accident. Far from being a long-distance runner, Dick agreed to push Rick in his wheelchair, and they finished all 5 miles, coming in next to last. That night, Rick told his father, ‘Dad, when I’m running, it feels like I’m not handicapped.’ At that moment, they formed Team Hoyt and have run many races together with now impressive times. The 2009 Boston Marathon was officially Team Hoyt’s 1,000th race.” (Adapted from the Team Hoyt website.)

Just as athletes dig deep to find the physical and psychological strength to continue through adverse and tough situations, game-ready business leaders must exhibit the same strength. As James Loehr puts it, top athletes think, “While this is tough, I am a whole lot tougher.” Game-ready business leaders bring the same intensity, through all the continual pounding.

4. Courage and ethics. Game-ready leaders do the right thing for the organization and the team. They suppress the temptation to cut corners or to undermine others so they come out on top. They have the courage to make the hard but right decisions for the organization.

A famous story I share with my son as an example of courage and ethics in sports is that of the tennis player Andy Roddick. In 2008 Roddick was the No. 1 seed at the Rome Masters. He was at match point and about to win. The umpire called his opponent for a double-fault serve. Walking to shake his opponent’s hand, Roddick noticed a ball mark on the clay–in bounds. Roddick got the umpire’s attention and pointed out that the ball had nicked the line but was in fact in bounds. The match continued. Roddick went on to lose the match, and his beyond-the-call-of-duty honesty made him famous as an upstanding person, an opponent who would do the right thing. Game-ready leaders in business do the same. PepsiCo provides a great business example of this. A disgruntled Coca-Cola employee and two other individuals attempted to sell proprietary information to Pepsi. Pepsi received a package containing a sample of a new Coke product and other information. Pepsi immediately informed Coke, which contacted the FBI. Game-ready business leaders ultimately win by making the right and courageous decisions.

5. Resiliency. Game-ready leaders rebound from disappointments, mistakes and missed opportunities and get right back in the game. They have a hardiness for enduring the downs of a situation. They remain optimistic in the face of adversity and quickly change when necessary.They resolve to make things better and are experts at figuring out ways to do more with fewer resources. How about the resiliency of Detroit Tigers pitcher Armando Galarraga, who was just one out away from pitching a perfect game when Jim Joyce, the first-base umpire, called a runner safe who was indeed out? Joyce had made an error. Galarraga was certainly deeply disappointed, but he continued to pitch and get the next batter out. Afterward, Joyce admitted the error and apologized. Galarraga shrugged it off, saying, “Everyone makes mistakes.”

6. Sportsmanship. Game-ready leaders exhibit sportsmanship. They don’t let the opponent know when he or she has gotten them down. “Chin up,” I say to my son. Clearly we all experience disappointment, attacks from others, an occasional blow to the stomach. However, the behavior exhibited by game-ready leaders after losing or being attacked by others or the situation sets the tone for the rest of an organization. Additionally, top athletes support their teammates and their roles. If teammates start competing with and attacking one another, it is definitely difficult to win.

Living in Denver, I follow the Denver Broncos. Kyle Orton has done an outstanding job of displaying sportsmanship while under public scrutiny. Brought to the Broncos last year, he has been the subject of constant press speculation about possibly being replaced. The drafting of Tim Tebow brought on another press outcry, that Kyle was out and Tim was in. Kyle handled it with grace and dignity. Putting his mind to the game and the team, he got on the field and simply practiced hard, welcoming his new teammate. In the face of even internal competition, Kyle Orton exhibits the mentality of “Bring it on!”

We all need these same markers of toughness to succeed and lead in today’s business environment. We cannot succeed on technical skill alone. Companies have tough questions and situations to address. Game-ready leaders go into today’s business environment with their best mental game and with the attitude of “Bring it on!” After all, who doesn’t love the challenge and fun of a demanding, complex game?

Christine M. Riordan is the dean and a professor of management at the Daniels College of Business, University of Denver.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 10:44:42 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the United States. This is a very important holiday here, especially for family get together. Yesterday was the busiest day for travel and most people are gone for the long weekend. I am expecting this forum to be rather quiet over the next few days. I will be posting an update on DNotesVault press release and launch date on Sunday. We are getting very close to it.

We are still working on some last minute fine tuning on DNotesVault, trying to make it as simple as possible. It may not sound like much, but, yesterday, we made a significant improvement in the signing up process for CR.I.S.P. for kids. The sponsor signing up for more than one kid no longer has to sign up for an individual account for each kid at CryptoMoms forum. After registering at CryptoMoms forum, it takes a single post to sign up any number of kids. The following is latest version of CR.I.S.P. for Kids:

CR.I.S.P. for Kids

Helping secure the future of our children and grandchildren

CR.I.S.P. for Kids has been created to help our children and grandchildren develop strong saving habits early, in order to secure their financial future. This is an unstructured and self-directed plan, using DNotes as the investment vehicle. Re-occurring savings, in any amount, may be added at any time.

CR.I.S.P. is the brain-child of Chase, a core team member of CryptoMoms; a community with a dedicated mission to encourage and assist women to participate in the cryptocurrency world currently dominated by men. CryptoMoms.com is a currency neutral site, offering rich contents on everything one needs to know about cryptocurrency. It has a very helpful community ready to answer any questions promptly. CryptoMoms was created by, and is fully funded by, the DNotes team.

As the most stable digital currency with a solid track record of reliable appreciation, DNotes offers the potential of high returns on long-term investment. A large family of CR.I.S.Ps. will be offered in an effort to expand this investment opportunity beyond the early adopters of this emerging industry.

CryptoMoms and the DNotes team are dedicated to help anyone interested in starting a CR.I.S.P. for their kids. In order to encourage and reward the children for developing strong saving habits, the DNotes team will award prizes, in DNotes, for the top wallets on the list, as well as some randomly chosen participants, during the first two formative years. We have created a CR.I.S.P. for Kids Rich List that displays, in descending order, the balances in the kid’s wallets.  The children will be identified only by a nickname / username.

Getting Started

All deposits sent to any DNotesVault address, are securely stored in DNotes cold storage vault offline with 100% guarantee.  Being a joint project of DNotes and CryptoMoms, CR.I.S.P. for kids, is designed to evolve around CryptoMoms, allowing family and friends to easily participate by contributing to the financial future of the kids. Hence extra steps are needed in a one time setup as follows:

1.  Register here at DNotesVault. Using your DNotesVault account dashboard, generate a DNotes deposit address for each kid you plan to sponsor. You can generate multiple addresses as needed, if you are sponsoring more than one kid. Use the label field to identify each kid with a nickname. http://dnotesvault.com/register.php (This link is not activated yet)

2.  Create an account at the CryptoMoms.com forum
Be sure to write down the password and username, required to sign in and post on the forum.

3. Post the DNotes address assigned to each kid along with nickname, birthday, “likes” and comments. To post, use the following thread on the CryptoMoms forum by clicking “REPLY” located at the bottom of the page:
            http://cryptomoms.com/forum/cryptomoms-com/5/kids-with-a-cr-i-s-p/530/

DNotes Vault is looking great! I already have a list of over 20 grandkids, nieces and nephews. I will create a DNotes Vault account for each of them and get them a good start saving (INVESTING) for the future. Again, VERY excited about DNotes Vault!!

Smokey
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2014, 10:45:09 PM

For those who follow Coinmarket Cap on a regular basis, please note that there is a new reality to keep in mind. The flood of crowdfunding offered in the form of IPO, ITO and ICO or whatever it is labeled has created a large number of new participants in the crypto currency space. There has been a migration from being a pure digital currency like DNotes to other business models like IoT (Internet of Things), DAC (Decentralized Autonomous Corporation/Company), cryptoshare company, smart contract,  crowdfunding company and more.

Being a Coinmarket Cap top 50s or a top 30s may no longer be as meaningful. Crowdfunding allow a maximum of $1 million to be raised. This will be a challenge for DNotes to maintain our position near term, since every new ITO participant will likely have a higher market cap than Dnotes, starting from day one. I will be watching this closely and will comment on this subject as appropriate.

Quotes from Forbes:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/chancebarnett/2013/05/08/top-10-crowdfunding-sites-for-fundraising/

“The JOBS Act that was passed in April of 2012 paved the way to investment crowdfunding, but the JOBS Act Rulings by the SEC have yet to be fully implemented to formally kick the market off. Expect big movement and activity in this area in 2013 and 2014.”

“The Crowdfunding Industry Report by Massolution put out data showing the overall crowdfunding industry has raised $2.7 billion in 2012, across more than 1 million individual campaigns globally. In 2013 the industry is projected to grow to $5.1 billion.”

It appears they removed the low volume separation on coinmarketcap as well.

CryptoBroker79

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 11:08:03 PM

Quotes from Forbes:

It appears they removed the low volume separation on coinmarketcap as well.

I think they lowered the "low volume classification" to anything with under $10 volume.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 11:33:51 PM

The following article may not seem like it has anything to do with cryptocurrency, but I think it has everything to do with it being successful.  For anyone that is new to cryptocurrency, this is the kind of leadership you should look for in a coin.  If you find it in another currency besides DNotes, please let me know!!

"Six Elements Of Mental Toughness"

The business world just keeps getting more complex. Indeed, a recent study by IBM of 1,500 global chief executives (Capitalizing on Complexity) indicated that they felt the greatest issue facing them was the escalation of complexity.

Complexity and turbulence in the business environment may be here to stay, but they present opportunities as well as challenges for leaders. As a business school dean, I run a more than $80 million business in an increasingly competitive marketplace. With over 33,000 stakeholders, I know the pressure isn’t going away, and so do other leaders in my organization. More likely, it will intensify. Still, I say, “Bring it on!”  ...............

Excellent article, Chase. Thanks for your compliments and confidence in DNotes. Leadership, focus, tenacity, agility, integrity, prompt communication, consistent and clear messaging, deeply informed, strategies and execution are important considerations to be successful. Mental toughness becomes a second nature when you do all the right things with the highest level of confidence, because you know what it takes for your team to win.

Wish I have more time to elaborate. I may just do that at another time.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 06:18:00 PM

When testing DNotesVault today, I realized that I have not mentioned much about a very important feature, “Account Transfer,” we incorporated. “Account Transfer” allow you to transfer the entire account to your child at the time you feel appropriate. Using “Timed Send” you have the option of releasing the accumulated savings by installments with a defined amount for each release based on defined frequencies until the entire amount is transferred. This is a powerful vehicle for wealth transfer to avoid inheritance being burnt up sooner than you wished. Here is yet another reason why I feel that CR.I.S.P. for Kids will become very popular.
CryptoBroker79

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 06:37:56 PM

When testing DNotesVault today, I realized that I have not mentioned much about a very important feature, “Account Transfer,” we incorporated. “Account Transfer” allow you to transfer the entire account to your child at the time you feel appropriate. Using “Timed Send” you have the option of releasing the accumulated savings by installments with a defined amount for each release based on defined frequencies until the entire amount is transferred. This is a powerful vehicle for wealth transfer to avoid inheritance being burnt up sooner than you wished. Here is yet another reason why I feel that CR.I.S.P. for Kids will become very popular.

I'm amazed by this feature, the implications of this technology could be felt through the entire finance sector. This would also be useful for countries that provide foreign aid to regions where corruption is rampant.

Is there any way to cancel a Timed Send Contract once it's initiated?
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: