Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:00:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [888] [SCRYPT] OctoCoin ◦ The Power of Eight ◦ Don't Blink  (Read 297646 times)
frameLAlife

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 10:36:53 PM

We understand everybody is anxiously awaiting the next update - we are preparing the beta release of our first OctoHub app and hope to have it live before August 1st. Once it is released, the wait between other releases will be considerably shorter as we are working on a number of projects simultaneously. In fact, we still have not officially decided which app will be the first. We know people are frustrated with the delay on the release of previous promises in the updated client/tip bot/etc but, while those projects are essentially complete, our investors are pushing different priorities and we have to cater to them first.

Obviously confidence in the currency itself is an important aspect of this project but, rest-assured, it will all come together soon. We aren't concerned with the current state of the altcoin market and we do not view other currencies as competition - we are doing something different and our goal is to create a true financial ecosystem built around OctoCoin and other major global currencies with both in-house enterprise-quality software and strategic partnerships. We will always be part of the altcoin economy as OctoCoin is, by definition, an altcoin. At the same time, we hope to eventually begin to distance ourselves from the dark cloud hovering over this economy and our investors are concerned about OctoCoin trading on the same exchanges as CryptoMETH, for example. A number of cryptocurrencies are flawed from a fundamental economics perspective and it's important we strike the proper balance.

All of our apps will be forced to remain in "beta" until the final (stable) release of PostgreSQL 9.4 as we heavily utilize the new JSONB "binary JSON" type and PostgreSQL 9.4 Beta 1 is the backbone of all of our apps. Despite the private pgSQL 9.4 Beta releasing at SXSW in March, there is still no ETA on pgSQL 9.4 (stable). This likely won't affect much but, for those of you with some insider information, it could create delays for our pending partnerships with financial institutions. If we had a better idea of the timeframe there, we may have considered incorporating a NoSQL solution into our projects (in addition to PostgreSQL) - we are simply too far along at this point to look back.

Finally, we will be looking to hire a part-time developer to assist with OctoHub and will be posting the application there soon. Our team consists of developers with varied backgrounds and, as such, we are using a wide-range of web technologies including Laravel (PHP), NodeJS/Socket.IO/Express, Apache, Nginx (primarily for load-balancing), PostgreSQL, Memcached, Redis, and JQuery/Bootstrap/AngularJS - obviously experience with at least a few of those will be a plus. All of our projects are managed in private GitHub branches and most of them will not be open source; as such, we would require an NDA to be executed. More details will be posted as they become available.

We would like to thank everybody for their continued patience - your patience will be rewarded.

Thanks for the update! I'm sure it's more anxiousness than frustration when it comes to the delays on the apps. I think most of us that have been around awhile realized it might be a good 6 months from launch before you realistically have apps to show. Can't wait to see what you guys have been working on!

www.ptcrypto.com YOUR Bitcoin consultants!
BTC 13TQitBTzADXpYsDMRjDqFuGaw8m1JZ2YE
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cornfed82

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 10:40:55 PM

https://i.imgur.com/tkayLBJ.jpg
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 10:42:05 PM

Removed text to keep post short

Mate just looked at your page, looks nice, only comment I have to make is the text is a bit light for the white background

Thanks! We hope to start helping businesses set up and launch our classes soon.

As for the text, we agree. It's something that will be changed very soon. Thanks Smiley

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 10:42:45 PM

Light at the end of the Octo tunnel Cornfed  Grin

yweetot

Activity: 385

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 10:44:58 PM

Author allows the currency coin-ga.me it? Where in addition to the transaction, but also to play the game Grin

gd100

Activity: 34

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 11:28:21 PM

If you are interested in supporting Joshycoin and I with PT Crypto we have launched PTCRYPTO tokens on Counterparty.

They are capped at 24 Million tokens. They are currently for sale in the exchange on Counterwallet for .000012 BTC. If you need assistance buying some let me know. We are still working out the details but we will have rewards and use from PT Crypto and our affiliate customers in the future. For now, know that you are launching a startup that will help grow the adoption of digital money and services like Bitcoin, Octocoin and Counterparty.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=711765.new#new

http://www.ptcrypto.com/buy-ptcrypto/

As always, PT Crypto, Joshycoin and I still support Octocoin. We are waiting for the release of the Octocoin apps before we can promote them to our customers. We have Octocoin listed as our featured coin on our website. We will have the Octo tees on the site after we find a new vendor.

Thanks for any support we receive! Go Octo! Go PTCRYPTO!

This is SCAM!
syncsam

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 11:36:13 PM

If you are interested in supporting Joshycoin and I with PT Crypto we have launched PTCRYPTO tokens on Counterparty.

They are capped at 24 Million tokens. They are currently for sale in the exchange on Counterwallet for .000012 BTC. If you need assistance buying some let me know. We are still working out the details but we will have rewards and use from PT Crypto and our affiliate customers in the future. For now, know that you are launching a startup that will help grow the adoption of digital money and services like Bitcoin, Octocoin and Counterparty.

As always, PT Crypto, Joshycoin and I still support Octocoin. We are waiting for the release of the Octocoin apps before we can promote them to our customers. We have Octocoin listed as our featured coin on our website. We will have the Octo tees on the site after we find a new vendor.

This is SCAM!

Why is that??? these 2 have been around here supporting the octocoin for longer then I have been in the community, what makes it a scam???

<edit> n they have a business idea (This is not the 1st time they have mentioned their idea) that will take some capital to get it off the ground, obviously they don't have that much capital thats why they are asking for community support
thenotfatguy

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 11:41:34 PM

This is SCAM!

Why is that??? these 2 have been around here supporting the octocoin for longer then I have been in the community, what makes it a scam???

typical gd100 posts Grin

seriously look through his history, this is nothing new

888 - 8bse7MESKBNGz9BixUCo5Z1cKJKVV5tZC7
syncsam

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 11:43:18 PM

Removed text to keep post short

True
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 12:09:59 AM

This is SCAM!

gd100 you haven't fizzled into dust yet? you're still here?

thanks for the support guys. and there will inevitably be haters. i think most here know that we aren't scammers lol. i just am trying to learn how Counterwallet assets work and raise a little capital and potentially pay out some big money if we actually start making a lotta money off this. no scam here lol.

in fact it's a great deal i think.... at .000012 BTC you would get you around 84,000 PTCRYPTO tokens per 1 BTC.

gd100 i'll give you 1000 PTCRYPTO to go away hehehee Grin

bholzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 12:30:54 AM

We understand everybody is anxiously awaiting the next update - we are preparing the beta release of our first OctoHub app and hope to have it live before August 1st. Once it is released, the wait between other releases will be considerably shorter as we are working on a number of projects simultaneously. In fact, we still have not officially decided which app will be the first. We know people are frustrated with the delay on the release of previous promises in the updated client/tip bot/etc but, while those projects are essentially complete, our investors are pushing different priorities and we have to cater to them first.

Obviously confidence in the currency itself is an important aspect of this project but, rest-assured, it will all come together soon. We aren't concerned with the current state of the altcoin market and we do not view other currencies as competition - we are doing something different and our goal is to create a true financial ecosystem built around OctoCoin and other major global currencies with both in-house enterprise-quality software and strategic partnerships. We will always be part of the altcoin economy as OctoCoin is, by definition, an altcoin. At the same time, we hope to eventually begin to distance ourselves from the dark cloud hovering over this economy and our investors are concerned about OctoCoin trading on the same exchanges as CryptoMETH, for example. A number of cryptocurrencies are flawed from a fundamental economics perspective and it's important we strike the proper balance.

All of our apps will be forced to remain in "beta" until the final (stable) release of PostgreSQL 9.4 as we heavily utilize the new JSONB "binary JSON" type and PostgreSQL 9.4 Beta 1 is the backbone of all of our apps. Despite the private pgSQL 9.4 Beta releasing at SXSW in March, there is still no ETA on pgSQL 9.4 (stable). This likely won't affect much but, for those of you with some insider information, it could create delays for our pending partnerships with financial institutions. If we had a better idea of the timeframe there, we may have considered incorporating a NoSQL solution into our projects (in addition to PostgreSQL) - we are simply too far along at this point to look back.

Finally, we will be looking to hire a part-time developer to assist with OctoHub and will be posting the application there soon. Our team consists of developers with varied backgrounds and, as such, we are using a wide-range of web technologies including Laravel (PHP), NodeJS/Socket.IO/Express, Apache, Nginx (primarily for load-balancing), PostgreSQL, Memcached, Redis, and JQuery/Bootstrap/AngularJS - obviously experience with at least a few of those will be a plus. All of our projects are managed in private GitHub branches and most of them will not be open source; as such, we would require an NDA to be executed. More details will be posted as they become available.

We would like to thank everybody for their continued patience - your patience will be rewarded.

PostgreSQL 9.4 Beta 2 was released July 24th:

http://www.postgresql.org/about/news/1533/

Are you living under a rock?!  Wink

My guess is 9.4 Stable will roll out before the end of October.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
gd100

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 12:42:55 AM

This is SCAM!

<edit> n they have a business idea (This is not the 1st time they have mentioned their idea) that will take some capital to get it off the ground, obviously they don't have that much capital thats why they are asking for community support

Idea is naive and ridiculous!
http://www.ptcrypto.com is children site, therefore frameLalife is amateur.
Goal 288 BTC .....lots of fun
No, research?
No business Plan?
Where will the profits?
He sold naive idea for ​​288 btc.
There is no profit in it.

The future will show who is right.
shellbunner

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 01:22:05 AM

Thanks for the update. I'm really looking forward to something fresh in the altcoin/BTC world. Too many scammers, and pump and dump coins. Judging from your posts, Octocoin WILL be the gamechanger we need to be taken seriously. Appreciate your hard work.  Smiley
bholzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 01:30:46 AM

This is SCAM!

Idea is naive and ridiculous!
http://www.ptcrypto.com is children site, therefore frameLalife is amateur.
Goal 288 BTC .....lots of fun
No, research?
No business Plan?
Where will the profits?
He sold naive idea for ​​288 btc.
There is no profit in it.

The future will show who is right.

Where is your business venture? Where is your website? Instead of dedicating all of your energy to tearing down... why not attempt to create something yourself? Your attitude sucks.

How do you know he has not done research? Your contribution to this forum (and this thread, in particular) has been, almost exclusively, whining and complaining. Have you contributed anything of value at any point? Perhaps it's an ambitious goal but, if nothing more, at least frameLAlife has some history of positive contributions and comes with a certain level of trustworthiness that few individuals on this forum have. Maybe cut them some slack? Not every website requires a groundbreaking UI to be effective.

This is a reality check, gd100.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 02:46:54 PM

Thanks bholzer

gd100, you are ridiculous dude. either you are really that negative which is sad or you are trolling which is annoying. i can't figure out which. maybe you have a language barrier and that halfway makes me think you are trolling because your posts sound ridiculous...

nonetheless, i will agree that there needs to be a business plan and that is coming. part of what we are doing now is figuring out exactly what services to offer. when you live where i live and the understanding and perception of bitcoin is nonexistent or negative, you have to figure out a way to sell someone on a product they don't think they want or need. so that is half the battle.

we do have an overall plan though:

- we will not be brick n mortar at launch due to the cost and the lack of initial need
- we do have a website. at this point it's just a website with information and it will need a lot of work. i am not a web developer nor claim to be despite having some web design classes. i do have more of a graphic design background but that only helps so much.
- we will start with classes since the average person here doesn't understand bitcoin on a tech or social level. however, i think an easy intro class with just the basics will help people understand the why even if they aren't techy and don't need to understand the how. i think you market the classes as cheap, fun and informational. then you use those classes to get eyeballs on your product and try to draw in the ones who are interested into more in depth consultation and training if they are interested in using Bitcoin/blockchain technologies at work.
- we will create a marketing and advertising campaign and use that to draw businesses in. right now, where i live they don't even understand that just by saying you accept bitcoins will get you on the news because it's so new here. we have had one business that we set up to accept bitcoin and when the local news did  story on us mining and setting his mobile car wash business up to accept bitcoin, it helped his car wash business more than it helped us. we can use the media coverage we will as a tool to draw in customers. we also believe that we can help Bitcoin businesses cross promote and bring something new to community functions. Joshycoin and I both work for a very successful IT company. we are surrounded by some of the smartest, brightest people in management, marketing, advertising and sales. we will take a lot of what we have watched and learned and apply that to our business. some of these strategies will be outlined and posted soon but not here... we will post these on our official forum when they are ready.
- we have kicked around the idea of managed services. in the IT world that's how it's done. as tech people, it blows our minds when we look at something and want to learn about it so we get on the internet, we read up, we download the software and play around with it, mess with the hardware, etc. the average person is not only terrified of bitcoin software, they honestly have no business using Bitcoin software. it's just now starting to reach the phase where companies are working on security/features so that the average user can use
Bitcoin. don't get me wrong, they should be able to download the wallet, let it update, send money to it, encrypt it, etc., but many won't be able to do that or they are scared they don't know what they are doing. this is middle america where we support a hospital in St. Louis with Doctors and Nurses can't tell the difference between the PC and the monitor, what a power button is, basic software and hardware. Seriously, these are medical professionals who can't operate a computer or software like the average 6 year old can today, and you are trying to convince them they should take their money and financial assets out of a bank and into their pc, mac or phone which they can barely operate, surf the web or check their email without getting a virus. that's the average middle aged american. i believe there is at least 20-40 more years that you may need managed services for Bitcoin,blockchain related apps. granted the tech usually works pretty well and it's getting more and more user friendly. i do think that for most small businesses it would need to be cheap and IT companies should really consider implementing some form of Bitcoin managed service packages in and learning the tech now. if they don't they will lose out to businesses like mine who are going to be separate and Bitcoin only. the only kicker for this is, what types of issues will you run into? if you do run into an issue with Coinbae, Bitpay or any other payment system, how often will it be, what types of issues, how easy is it to deal with these third parties on your customers behalf? there are a lot of things to figure out that are new here.
- we will be looking to expand more into a brick and mortar store as the tech becomes available. i think that there is potential into having a store that offers basic training and setup for individuals, consulting for businesses that want to accept and use blockchain tech and also an actual store where you have sales. i think the days where you can sell mining equipment in store are coming. i also think that as more and more hardware wallets, debit cards, giftcards, other hardware/software, mining equipment, vending machines, atms, etc, as all of this becomes more and more available you can actually have a decent brick n mortar.
- The Apple Store is a great example of this. as an Apple user, I rarely go in there. But my mom and dad, they are always in there. They eat it up. You mean a store where I can go in there and talk to a real person about why this won't work!? Amazing. The Apple store is ridiculous but it works well because there is a market for it. The average tech person looks at them and laughs. Remember, not every potential future Bitcoin user is a geek and they will need to have their hands held while they get adapted to a new way of managing money and doing business.

These are just ideas. No, it's not a business plan, we are not there yet. We are working towards this and will get there but for now it's a lot of R&D, marketing and making connections. 

As for 288 BTC, yes that is a lot. I mean at $600 that comes out to about $172,000, When you look at launching a buisiness that is nothing. That is not even close to most startups cost. It would cover salaries for 2 years for myself so that I could focus on this full time. Joshycoin makes WAYYYY more than I do so that sum wouldn't even touch what he would require to quit his IT job. But, for me, it would allow me to quit this job and work on this business full time for 2 years and still leave quite a bit of money for marketing, supplies, rentals of conference rooms from hotels and the college to have classes and seminars and still have some in savings for when it's time to purchase goods for a brick n mortar store and pay rent for at least 6 months. This was a ballpark figure. In reality I have never set up an asset and when I chose 24 Million that was a random number. I also wanted it to be cheap so that if you wanted to get a few hundred or thousand at first you could afford to do so. That's why I priced them at .000012 BTC. Is it a risk to even buy from these types of investments? Yes, but there is still potential. What if what we launched becomes successful and we ended up starting a franchise of brick n mortar bitcoin related stores that offer goods and services. Then you might make a lot of return on it. Who knows. Either way we are launching this. If nobody buys then nobody buys, at least I got to create an asset on Counterparty and I'm learning how their stuff works.

If I have to I'll wait and see what happens with Octo down the road or other coins I'm invested in. If I could realistically make $50,000 I'd quit my job right now. Thats all I'd need. Granted that puts a lot of risk on myself and it also cuts me down to about a years worth of pay rather than the two years I would have from the PTCRYPTO sale. Still, don't be surprised if Octo gets close to 50 cents you don't see me offload $50k worth so that I can do this. Hell, I could survive of $30,000 for a year since this business has very little overhead to start. In reality you only need money for marketing, supplies and room rentals to teach in which with a little research can be cheap.

Ok I'm gonna stop blabbing about this. Smiley

joshycoin

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:09:26 PM

Just wanted to say thanks to all the guys that stepped in and defended us. Yes, we have a lot of work to do with the website and a lot of learning to do as this is our first business. Having said that... gd100, dude... why? What does coming in here all the time and being down on everything get you? I'd be miserable if I went through life like that. Anyway, I'm going to stop there because I'm having difficulty staying professional while addressing gd100 (you aren't worth the time or energy). Thanks again guys, great community support.
neleonele

Activity: 392

member of GameCredits Dev team

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 04:38:21 PM

Thanks for update

neleonele

Activity: 392

member of GameCredits Dev team

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 07:20:11 PM

Just wanted to say thanks to all the guys that stepped in and defended us. Yes, we have a lot of work to do with the website and a lot of learning to do as this is our first business. Having said that... gd100, dude... why? What does coming in here all the time and being down on everything get you? I'd be miserable if I went through life like that. Anyway, I'm going to stop there because I'm having difficulty staying professional while addressing gd100 (you aren't worth the time or energy). Thanks again guys, great community support.

Ha Ha Ha octobros,

i am with u guys for 4 or 5 months and every word u said was in wright place.

Relax and  just ignore little kid.everybody here knows that you are great guys!

Regards to all

gd100

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 10:44:38 PM

@frameLAlife
@joshycoin

Today, most people are too soft, easily offended. Each accept any criticism as an attack against them. Any other opinion is their hate. Years ago people were much stronger, hard character and willpower.You could cry. Be harder! I'm not offended anyone. So what I wrote.
No, I'm not a hater or negative. I'm a realist. I write what I think. Your project is not profitable! You will cover the salaries for 2 years, 288 btc for ... this is unacceptable!
How do you return the money to  investors? Well, probably you're not scammers, you're just naive. In fact, a reasonable person would not invest. Where is the profit of the investors? How much is ROI?

But end. I will not write more about it.

Well, you enchanted by crypto obsession. Want to do something. Think of another project. Something meaningful and profitable. Check out what others thought. There are sites for projects and investments. Look at them, but be careful. Most are scammers. I advise you not to invest ... to see what people do.

https://btcjam.com/
https://cryptostocks.com/

If I offended or hurt a gentle soul, apologize.I write what I think, 1:1. Directly! I'm not a hypocrite or dissembler. Sometimes I'm a little rough. But such is my nature. Sorry. Life is hard! Be harder. Any criticism is constructive. It makes people better. I guess you will not understand me, you have another way of thinking.
Greetings!
Smiley

syncsam

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:28:20 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2014, 12:00:24 AM by syncsam

@frameLAlife
@joshycoin

Today, most people are too soft, easily offended. Each accept any criticism as an attack against them. Any other opinion is their hate. Years ago people were much stronger, hard character and willpower.You could cry. Be harder! I'm not offended anyone. So what I wrote.
No, I'm not a hater or negative. I'm a realist. I write what I think. Your project is not profitable! You will cover the salaries for 2 years, 288 btc for ... this is unacceptable!
How do you return the money to  investors? Well, probably you're not scammers, you're just naive. In fact, a reasonable person would not invest. Where is the profit of the investors? How much is ROI?

But end. I will not write more about it.

Well, you enchanted by crypto obsession. Want to do something. Think of another project. Something meaningful and profitable. Check out what others thought. There are sites for projects and investments. Look at them, but be careful. Most are scammers. I advise you not to invest ... to see what people do.

https://btcjam.com/
https://cryptostocks.com/

If I offended or hurt a gentle soul, apologize.I write what I think, 1:1. Directly! I'm not a hypocrite or dissembler. Sometimes I'm a little rough. But such is my nature. Sorry. Life is hard! Be harder. Any criticism is constructive. It makes people better. I guess you will not understand me, you have another way of thinking.
Greetings!
Smiley

@gd100
Haha you sound exactly like my dad, if he doesn't understand it then its a bad idea.  I think their idea is quite sound, the execution is where they will have to think about it properly.  Good thing about what they have said about it is they don't have to jump in both feet, they could initially start by courses after work and on weekend.  By the sounds of it thats what they will do unless they can raise all the capital they have asked for

<edit> I do agree with what you are saying that the business has not been completely thought out yet, but its early days, and asking for support without a proper business plan and all that is probably not going to work

@joshycoin and @frameLAlife

I have operated small business that had run out of money, the idea was good, but the people who were running it were useless.  From my experience from new start ups in unchartered territory once you have done you business plan and worked out how much start up capital you will need, usually triple it to keep yourself out of financial trouble.

But like I said in the previous part of my post, you got the advantage of being able to start small like night classes n weekends, that if you keep your job until it starts making profit, your start up capital requirements can be quite small

If you have any questions regarding business plans n stuff pm me, I'm not a professional or anything, just have a little bit of experience

<edit>  How about as part of your website you do some computer based training  (Private users, probably won't work on businesses) on using bitcoin/Octocoin, that way from the private persons point of view they can do it at home in their spare time, n once you have it setup, they pay a fee and you don't have to do anything as its already setup, leaves you more time to focus on businesses without excluding  the public
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: