Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:06:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [888] [SCRYPT] OctoCoin ◦ The Power of Eight ◦ Don't Blink  (Read 297646 times)
OCTOPARTY

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 10:35:37 PM

And when we say dividing the coin, we mean that depending on the total amount of coins we decide on, what % of the total will former Octocoin holders have.

Will we hold 20% of 8 million or 40% of 88 million. It's all to determine how comfortable are slashing your total amount of Octocoin for a less than 1:1 trade. You never know, we could still do 1:1.

It's about finding a balance that serves us the original holders yet still attracts buyers in a crowd sale....

I don't see what the problem with that discussion is. Octocoin is worth very little right now, but there is inherent risk that we could burn our coins and go to a coin that is even more worthless and then the original blockchain is resurrected.  I highly doubt that's going to happen but by all means go ahead and try.

I just want people to understand what we are talking about doing. Surprisingly some haven't heard or researched Counterparty or Bitcoin 2.0 platforms at all before I posted this idea.

It's not about making money back... I only had 200,000. I didn't lose that much compared to my total portfolio. It's about being part of something cool, and showing people that you can be honest and transparent and live up to what you say you are going to do. None of which any of the Octo devs did. If they really had code and Bholzer had it, we never saw any of it. All we did was continuously pour money into buying the coin and salivate at waiting to see some of these applications.

If you think it's just about the money, then you are wrong. I watch Opal and other alt coins who are doing real shit all the time. I'm glad they are doing things Octo devs said they were going to do. I want to make some $$$ just like anybody else but I think the community here just wanted to be part of something that meant something, that was worth the BTC they spent, that had a community like some of the other awesome coins did. Instead, we looked like a bunch of durps.

I don't know what the issues with the Octo devs were... I honestly don't care any more. They bounced, if you believe the official story, and they bounced with no warning, no goodbye, no sorry, not even a post to bitch at us and tell us what a bunch of whiny losers we are and we have no business sense, and we only care about money and alt coins sucked.

At least Bholzer will come here to tell us that, I don't know and don't care how he knew the devs, if he was a dev, if he got code from a dev, if it was all true, or all a lie. It doesn't matter anymore. What matters now, is we have chosen to discuss an idea  to move forward. A few of us have started the process. All who want to be involved can. All who don't, don't. Write octocoin off as a loss or wait and see what Bholzer does, or any other dev does.

Good luck to everyone on whatever it is they are doing.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
syncsam

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 11:00:25 PM

I don't care if he burns coins into CP that he has bought, but I wouldn't want him anywhere near any of the development or meetings, look at all the broken promises, not just octo, but a lot of other coins, and he can't even develop murraycoin, brianbbad seems to be doing all the work trying to promote it
OCTOPARTY

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2015, 12:12:09 AM

I don't care if he burns coins into CP that he has bought, but I wouldn't want him anywhere near any of the development or meetings, look at all the broken promises, not just octo, but a lot of other coins, and he can't even develop murraycoin, brianbbad seems to be doing all the work trying to promote it

that's neither here nor there. he's already said he doesn't think we are doing anything worthwhile. i don't think we have to worry about him joining us.
bholzer

Activity: 490

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2015, 01:10:46 AM

Just to be clear I'm not trying to take ownership of anything here - just saying that I am one of the larger OctoCoin holders and I have received most of the code the original OctoCoin team had written and I intend to do what I can with it. syncsam is completely clueless and clearly has no concept of what this market has become. The altcoin market imploded and I doubt anybody here lost as much as me. When Murraycoin funding was pulled I couldn't afford to pay the team - people need money for their work to live, unfortunately. When I was making $1500/day just from mining and everything was rainbows and sunshine around here I was having fun and was highly motivated to dedicate a ton of time to this stuff. When the market collapsed and I was losing money every day... this had to be downgraded to nothing more than a hobby. It's easy for losers like syncsam to point fingers and blame people like me for their misfortunes - they have never accomplished anything in their life and they want to blame the world. It's a different thing entirely when you realize this is the real world and I'm certainly not running a charity here for self-entitled pricks. As my hobby, I work on things when I can. Sure I hope things blow up again and there is another heyday ahead but until then nobody can justify putting too much time and energy into this stuff. Whoever takes over this project will end up in the same position I am - it's thankless and hopeless. The only people happy will be that handful that dumped at the right time for a profit and disappeared... so they'll never even bother to come back and thank you. This entire market is filled with jerks and kids - it's a mess and completely different from what I thought it was going in. Nobody can really provide any quality assistance and they want everyone else to do the work for them and make them rich. It's the reason I abandoned these forums essentially - it's just depressing and kills motivation. I don't owe anybody anything - I have put more time and energy and money into my projects than syncsam could even comprehend and this is the end result. Live and learn, I suppose.

I wish you all the best and only posted this morning hoping that a few people might be happy to learn I'm still alive and still working behind the scenes. It's definitely the best way to operate - considerably less stressful and dealing with far fewer idiots. They get bored and move on to the next shiny thing and I have no desire to deal with those types of people. I can work at my own pace and when stuff is done it's done.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
djslick
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2015, 03:50:08 PM

Just to be clear I'm not trying to take ownership of anything here - just saying that I am one of the larger OctoCoin holders and I have received most of the code the original OctoCoin team had written and I intend to do what I can with it. syncsam is completely clueless and clearly has no concept of what this market has become. The altcoin market imploded and I doubt anybody here lost as much as me. When Murraycoin funding was pulled I couldn't afford to pay the team - people need money for their work to live, unfortunately. When I was making $1500/day just from mining and everything was rainbows and sunshine around here I was having fun and was highly motivated to dedicate a ton of time to this stuff. When the market collapsed and I was losing money every day... this had to be downgraded to nothing more than a hobby. It's easy for losers like syncsam to point fingers and blame people like me for their misfortunes - they have never accomplished anything in their life and they want to blame the world. It's a different thing entirely when you realize this is the real world and I'm certainly not running a charity here for self-entitled pricks. As my hobby, I work on things when I can. Sure I hope things blow up again and there is another heyday ahead but until then nobody can justify putting too much time and energy into this stuff. Whoever takes over this project will end up in the same position I am - it's thankless and hopeless. The only people happy will be that handful that dumped at the right time for a profit and disappeared... so they'll never even bother to come back and thank you. This entire market is filled with jerks and kids - it's a mess and completely different from what I thought it was going in. Nobody can really provide any quality assistance and they want everyone else to do the work for them and make them rich. It's the reason I abandoned these forums essentially - it's just depressing and kills motivation. I don't owe anybody anything - I have put more time and energy and money into my projects than syncsam could even comprehend and this is the end result. Live and learn, I suppose.

I wish you all the best and only posted this morning hoping that a few people might be happy to learn I'm still alive and still working behind the scenes. It's definitely the best way to operate - considerably less stressful and dealing with far fewer idiots. They get bored and move on to the next shiny thing and I have no desire to deal with those types of people. I can work at my own pace and when stuff is done it's done.

how do you even respond to this? do you believe your own lies? show us proof that one person ever worked at octo other than you, show us proof that one line of code has been written, show us proof of one single project that was even imagined, let alone worked on. it's been almost a year, and you've lied to us. you've claimed to be closely connected to the octocoin devs, although they never existed did they? talk about angel investors leads us to a company that's NEVER HEARD of octocoin. every single word has been smoke and mirrors.

and trust us, the reason we're doing something without you is that we don't want you anywhere near any of our projects. you're a stain on the crypto community, you either explicitly conned or were the accomplice of some yet-unseen 3rd party (of which there's never been any proof for). you conned all of us out of money, time, effort, and goodwill. you took what was possibly the best community in crypto, and trolled it as hard as you could. no one is falling for your shit again.

keep QQing that the world owes you something, because boo hoo, it's not fair that the alt market collapsed. how about not fair that we were lied to for 7 months straight? how about how you SPECIFICALLY corroborated those lies? care to address that? no, of course not, you'll just say that i'm a whiney child who doesn't understand how things work.

*HOW THINGS WORK ACCORDING TO BHOLZER*

1) lies, cheat, and deceive everyone in your way

2) make sure to feed them just enough bullshit to keep them happy and in the dark

3) if anyone calls you on your lies, be sure to divert attention away

4) go on the attack, shift focus to your accusers

5) never once address the DOZENS of requests for you to comment of the lies you've been caught telling

6) infact just imagine that it didn't happen, and that people aren't asking you

7) live in a fantasy land where you're int he right, and everyone else is in the wrong for trusting you while you conned the lot of us

have i got that about right?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oh and FrameLAlife, i've been following your work here, i haven't had time to give it a through reading, however i'd love to be apart of the conference call, i have a flight in the afternoon on the 13th, so maybe early in the day, if not i can catch up later. i'll definitely be one of the 5 members who can guard a wallet, and no, i wasn't "dismissing" your idea without knowing it at all, what i said was: "i'm not trading 888 for CP" this, right after a little diatribe about how the ticker is the most valuable thing we have. that's what i was referring to, i'm not against counterparty, or anything else, i just don't want to lose the ticker to some other ticker that's already owned. octo888 or something is just fine by me.

*** STUMP THE TRUMP *** SPURN THE BERN *** VOTE BILLARY! ***
-= www.Billary.rocks | https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1439754 =-
gd100

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 04:12:34 PM

Thanks for the good wishes.
But we are not well!
You know why!
What did you do?
A big nothing!
Suckers, liars and lower people!
You are responsible for our losses and disappointments.
To burn to hell.
Cheaters!
bholzer

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2015, 09:20:42 PM

But we are not well!
You know why!
What did you do?
A big nothing!
To burn to hell.
Cheaters!

First of all, everything you said is ridiculous if not downright false. Second, what did you do? I'm confused because I have about $15,000 (spent) worth of OctoCoins I bought sitting here and I've invested hundreds of hours into communication, development, and even assisted the thinning team after their funding was pulled with the fork/etc. What have you done to make me rich? Why don't you owe me anything? I fail to understand the logic here. Because I actually chipped in and put time and money into helping out... only to lose thousands of dollars, receive hate mail, threats, etc - I had to file a police report over this crap. I'm an adult with a job, family, and life - you are an assclown. I'm officially done posting here - only did so because there are a handful of people who might appreciate it. I wasn't here to please the morons with the pitchforks who lack the slightest shred of logic.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
djslick
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 02:00:41 AM

But we are not well!
You know why!
What did you do?
A big nothing!
To burn to hell.
Cheaters!

First of all, everything you said is ridiculous if not downright false. Second, what did you do? I'm confused because I have about $15,000 (spent) worth of OctoCoins I bought sitting here and I've invested hundreds of hours into communication, development, and even assisted the thinning team after their funding was pulled with the fork/etc. What have you done to make me rich? Why don't you owe me anything? I fail to understand the logic here. Because I actually chipped in and put time and money into helping out... only to lose thousands of dollars, receive hate mail, threats, etc - I had to file a police report over this crap. I'm an adult with a job, family, and life - you are an assclown. I'm officially done posting here - only did so because there are a handful of people who might appreciate it. I wasn't here to please the morons with the pitchforks who lack the slightest shred of logic.

SHOW US ONE SHRED OF PROOF.

you talk big, but you evade all questions, and show us nothing but talk talk talk talk talk.

so far everything you've claimed has not been corroborated by any outside sources, infact the angel investors you spoke of have NEVER HEARD of octocoin.

*** STUMP THE TRUMP *** SPURN THE BERN *** VOTE BILLARY! ***
-= www.Billary.rocks | https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1439754 =-
frameLAlife

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 03:15:02 AM

finally unlocked. ill be on this name for now but will check for PMs on the octoparty name.

i'm on call as of now until 7 am monday morning so i'll prolly be out of pocket unless it's  a dead weekend. if anyone knows anybody that may be a good candidate for a dev for the first project have them email framelalife@gmail.com.

they must know bitcoin-d and counterparty-d. we need someone that can code with the betting function in counterwallet and the smart contracts when they are available.

www.ptcrypto.com YOUR Bitcoin consultants!
BTC 13TQitBTzADXpYsDMRjDqFuGaw8m1JZ2YE
bholzer

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 07:49:48 AM

But we are not well!
You know why!
What did you do?
A big nothing!
To burn to hell.
Cheaters!

you talk big, but you evade all questions, and show us nothing but talk talk talk talk talk.

so far everything you've claimed has not been corroborated by any outside sources, infact the angel investors you spoke of have NEVER HEARD of octocoin.

Proof of what? You want me to post a dick pic? I have no idea where they got their funding other than AoA was mentioned numerous times on phone calls regarding FusionHash acquisition inquiries. There are over 200 individual angel investors in the AoA - it's an investment group not a venture capital firm. They connect investors with entrepreneurs - they don't force every single member to fork over a check when they decide to make an investment. Investors join and leave all the time! There have probably been over 500 angel investors in and out over the past 2 years. I can tell you right now I have never received a check from these guys outside of some crossover between the investors that put small amounts of money into Murraycoin. I know very little about the AoA other than what I've been told, what was eluded to, and what I gathered from the AoA website. I talk big? I have invested over 1000 hours of my time into crypto projects in the past 18 months - besides posting on forums, what have you done? I acquired assets and mining hardware from FusionHash that cost 5 times more to operate than they return and have virtually a $0 resale value. I thought I was acquiring a top-notch crypto exchange as well... but in this market it wouldn't even make sense to attempt to operate it. I've lost tens of thousands of dollars and I now have millions of 888 and MRY. I am still doing things for both behind the scenes... but as I've stated before it's been relegated to a hobby. In this uncertain bear market, there's not even a guarantee I get a return on my investment. Unlike financial investors who can cut their losses and walk away when the chips are down... I can't afford to throw away my time.

There is a lot of potential here, for sure, but this really isn't a great time for altcoins in general - we need a bull market and we need new financial interest to help fund projects again so we can bring in real dev teams/etc to create. When there is money to be made there is money to spend - otherwise, things will continue moving at an insanely slow pace. Do I regret getting involved in this stuff? Sure - I've lost thousands and thousands of dollars and countless hours of sleep, energy, and time all to have a bunch of self-entitled sociopaths formulate some insane fictitious conspiracy theory where I'm living like a king off your money on my yacht a la Bernie Madoff. The only difference between you and me is that I actually put time and effort into attempting to help when the ship started to sink and I went down with the ship harder than anybody. I may have bitten off more than I could chew once gravity and insanity started to tear apart altcoins and the talent and money vanished... and I paid for it financially more than everybody else here combined... but at least I can say I didn't give up easy.

I honestly can't believe you ridiculous this is - it's a full facepalm. Alright... I'm really out.

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 02:34:20 PM

The problem with Octocoin is it's so difficult to tell what's true and what isn't. I think that's what bugs everyone. Many people would probably like to believe that bholzer was handed Octocoin to try to save it. And if he had thousands of dollars in it, it would definitely make sense to try and save it to at least recover his investment.

I will say this, I think many here are hard on him. I know I have been to an extent. I also think that from the communities point of view is that they don't trust anyone associated with Octocoin, including Bholzer, because they truly can't know who's lying or telling the truth without transparency.

I get both sides. I also got to a point where I decided not to trust anyone with it or care, which is why, even though i'm no dev, i decided to at least try to do something. I don't know if what I'm doing is the right answer to our problems. I do know that it gives us a chance to try to do something that can work if we do it correctly and can muster enough interest to have a successful crowd sale. The balance of burners and buyers is the key. Paying a dev to develop the Counterwallet, smart contracts and applying to a website costs money. Marketing to multiple groups for at least a year costs money.

As for repairing any trust between Bholzer and many users here, it always takes two sides losing their egos to have those discussions. That's very hard to do when both sides feel like they have lost money. That's hard to do when both sides are very critical for each other. Everything in life has 2 sides. I think both sides here have very good points. You just never know because enough evidence isn't there to prove either side. Much of what has been gathered just proves he was involved at some level.

I never know what to say when it comes to this situation. I know that regardless of what all has happened here and who is right or wrong that the initial problems of Octocoin cannot go forward for either Octocoin or a CP asset OCTO whatever we name it. That was the issue: transparency. Without transparency, there is no trust. Without transparency Bholzer cannot win back those who don't trust him. Without transparency any new version of Octo will never gain trust.

That's why i said that if we raise BTC for the project it has to have multi-sig wallets where some Octo community members, the crowd sale vendor and another 3rd party have to sign. That way Octo burners know they are represented but any buyers from a crowd sale know that it's not 100% Octo burners controlling the keys. Trust is earned from both sides, if they actually trust  the other parties besides us. I am willing to bet they do, because other projects have already successfully implemented this model where Koinify, Swarm, and Counterparty have had access to multi sig wallets so that dev teams have to reach proven milestones before BTC can continue to be spent. I thought that was amazing the first time I read that. I thought about how different Octocoin could have been with transparency like that. I mean there was no crowd sale and I have no clue how their budget worked when they received money. But, all we were asking for was something, anything provable before we continued to buy into  their coin. We never got anything besides promises. We had many members screaming and yelling that we should have held them accountable and that the whole thing stunk. I had faith based on things others were saying about who investors were. The whole thing turned into a mess that many of us sunk a lot of BTC into and now we all sit back and have trust issues with each other. That's why I say transparency is important. All parties will have at least the assurance that money raised CANNOT be spent without CONSENSUS from multiple parties. I can tell you this, Octo community will have some power of not approving money to be spent until we have seen proof that real work is being done and that is great. That's what we always wanted. I also know that whomever we get to do the crowd sale will NOT sign off on things moving forward without milestones being met. They have financial incentive in their projects they crowd sale not being scams if they want to continue having projects and buyers going forward. If they smell something fishy they won't sign off on projects and can stop us dead in our tracks. So all around I think that level of transparency forces the Octo community, the devs and the verifying crowd sale or 3rd parties to all work together to keep a project moving forward and making changes if and when it's necessary.

I think another great aspect is the power of voting on Counterparty. When those hard times come and money is locked in a multi sig wallet and we need consensus to solve a problem, it's easy to verify through the blockchain how many voting tokens were issued to each user and how many votes went to an address that represents a choice in the vote. You cannot get any more transparent than that. The decision making becomes a lot more trustworthy when you aren't trusting a dev telling you something, or someone like me just telling you that this is the results of a vote and this is how we are moving forward. Fuck that, the blockchain will show that vote tokens were fairly distributed and what choice address they were sent to.

Another thing is the visibility of the devs. Major issue with Octocoin. Bholzer was known for other coins and Bitcointlak.org way before he started posting on Octo. But before anyone ever thought or accused him of being the dev, we still had the narrative of the team of 8. Now, we all can argue all day about what's true and what isn't but for one minute, let's just say it is true. Let's say thee really was a dev team to start with. We all took the risk of buying Octo without really knowing who these guys were. I think that is the craziest part of this whole story. I put BTC and mining into a coin in which there was Zero transparency and zero proof that it wasn't just some kid in his basement. I put time and posting and promoting into a coin where I saw zero proof that anything was ever done or any code written, not even a damn screen shot. That's on me and that's on all of us. We took that risk. But never again. I won't do it and I won't ask you to do it. When you look at Counterparty, SWARM, GEMZ, StorjCoinX and many other projects on the Counterparty paltform, you see all of them have their names, many of them have credentials, all of them have pictures, many of them have social media and youtube vids, facebook posts, twitter posts and are active. They prove their work. They fund and raise money for people who's faces, names and actions are all out there and many are set up so that developers do not get paid without consensus that they have proven that projects have met milestones. That's the total opposite of the mistake we all made by buying Octocoin. We don't have to accept coins like that anymore, and it makes it safer and transparent for buyers, investors, developers and the communities as a whole.

When we first started shooting the idea of hiring another developer and people were here posting about paying a dev to fix Octocoin, most of the responses I got in my inbox were from people on bitcointalk.org claiming to be devs, yet they didn't want to give that transparency. Many said they didn't want the community to know their bitcointalk.org name. That they wanted to be shadow devs and fix our Bittrex issue but had no real interest in being a public figure. I get it, but I don't trust it and I wasn't willing to risk any of our BTC on that. Who knows if they were really just reclusive devs or if they were scammers but there was no trust there, no accountability.

That's what this new platform will give. We will have our work cut out for us even hiring a good dev that can deliver, marketing correctly and finding buyers to invest BTC into a project that will have some distribution to this community already. But it will have transparency and it will have verifiable trust with multi sig wallets and voting and anyone involved will have their real names and pictures on the damn website. There is no room for not holding people accountable with your money. Accountability and transparency builds trust and motivates people to do what is right and when it's verifiable the parties involved must deliver because there is less room for scams and abuse of power.

Other coins and projects are doing this already on this platform and that's one reason why I have invested so much into these projects. Some of them may do great things and some of them may fail, but at least I can know that the people i'm dealing with are real people doing real things. Not some secret shadow team of devs who may or may not exist. Not speculation that there were investors but actual proof from other parties and the blockchain that people are invested. Not hope that they are coming along with their project, with no test app, no screen shots, no anything like Octocoin, but milestones that are set in stone and no more BTC will be spent until multiple parties confirm and prove to the community that it's been done.

That's why I suggested we go this route. The risk of investment is still there. You have to have a project that people feel is worthy of them investing BTC in. You have to have a dev that can deliver. Hell, we will have to balance our share from the burn just right and reward people who spend BTC with a certain % of the coins and some voting power so that they trust that we don't have all the power and we aren't just here to pump n dump off their BTC and trust.

It's not a perfect scenario but it's damn better than what we all bought into here originally. I hope that we can all work together and figure this out one step at a time. And I know that while we have our work cut out for us, that if anything, the trust, transparency and accountability issues are definitely significantly less than what we blindly followed here when Octocoin started. And it's not just  Octocoin, we all know the alt coin scene is littered with this. It's leading to it's downfall. If alt blockchains don't have the level of accountability that Counterparty, Ethereum, NXT or any other 2.0 platforms offer they will die off by the halving of 2016. I don't think it will continue to grow. It's already stifled from failure to deliver and scams. That's one reason why I just can't do it anymore and if I was going to do anything with Octocoin besides writing it off as a loss it had to be a change that we could trust.

Well that's enough babbling from me. I have to get back to work. IT on call sucks on the weekends because my fucking phone has paged me 5 times in the time it took to write all of this.

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 09:29:33 PM

I have spent this week reaching out to people that may be able to send interested Counterparty devs our way. I have also reached out to a fairly large name that helps develop and design websites around the idea of the first project. I am awaiting a response from them to determine some costs associated with development and design of these types of websites or at least use of their API to help our game.

Once I hear some rough number on costs I will be able to relay this information in the skype call. The initial person I contacted from another company had quoted me $1500-$1800 cost to sell us the code of the website with Bitcoin deposits enabled. I will say that is probably not a fair guess as to the cost of the project since we will not simply accept Bitcoin as a deposit for users. We don't want to manage deposits. The idea is to create games where the players spend our Counterparty token to play and it's held in escrow per game with a payout to the winner. The cost to develop that is not as simple as enabling Bitcoin deposits like the $1500-$1800 quote was. However, it gives us a measuring stick. If you wanted to start your own website today and accept Bitcoin that was the cost for the code of that site. Fairly cheap in reality. But to implement it our way you will have to have someone who understands Counterwallet and smart contracts in conjunction with the web development and design.

We will see what level of help we can get in the areas of the design and development of the site and what they would charge us. I will say this, their name value if they are interested will definitely help us. I'm sure at the very least they will sell us the use of their API or work out a deal that includes advertising their name and website on ours. That is the hope anyways. If they don't bite I have another good idea on who to look to for this service but I'd rather stay away from the latter.

In short, we still need a good dev that understands Bitcoin, Counterparty and Counterwallet, the Betting/Smart Contract features. Please put the word out and have them email me at:

framelalife@gmail.com

The search continues. At the very least we will plan for the first Skype call this weekend. But do not hold too much weight on the first call as it may be another good month before I have some solid costs associated with the development of this site and how much BTC we would need to raise in a crowd sale. I am working on it though and will share more specific details in the Skype call.

If you haven't already added me on Skype go ahead and do so and send me a message that says "octo" and your bitcointalk.org user name. For those that have already added me please send me the same just for good memory.

kristharp78 on Skype

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 11:51:47 PM

I just got a response from Jeremy Lam from Vennd.io. He said the following:

"The fee for a crowdsale is normally 1% of the amount raised, with a deposit upfront which goes towards the final fee. Yes, we can certainly support multisig and a milestone based approach. We would need to be careful in defining the milestones such that it is unambiguous when the funds should be released.

Yes, I think you are right that trust will be required when performing the burn and the crowdsale. A trusted third party will help to assure the holders."

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 05:01:50 AM

About the crowd sale? Or what in particular?

mafort1469

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 03:57:17 AM

About the crowd sale? Or what in particular?

What are you talking about?
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 06:16:58 AM

I have no idea. Lack of sleep on call this week. I thought I was responding to a post. Which isn't there lol.

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 09:00:07 PM

I have had a response from a dev who looks like he may the capabilities we need. I also am going to be speaking with FoldingCoins dev sometime soon about what CP can do for us and I plan on asking him his opinion on this first devs qualification and asking price. He emailed me today to schedule a skype call and I asked him if he would be available to talk this weekend. He has 2-3 devs on his team at FLDC so he can probably tell me what we should be looking for exactly. He also may agree to speak to the community as a whole to discuss the generalities of CP and what he's learned in developing FLDC. We also should consider distributing some of our own token through the FLDC platform. ScotCoin has done this and it helps a good cause and gets our name out there which will give the people who receive the coins a reason to come to our website which is the end goal. Another good thing is that I first learned about FoldingCoin when I logged into Counterwallet one day and I had 10 FLDC and 10 FLDC VOTE coins in my wallet. I had no idea what they were or how they got there. They had worked out a deal where anyone holding StorjCoinX in Counterwallet would automatically receive some FLDC free. These are the types of things that you can do to distribute your coin and get eyeballs on your  coin and projects. Sure, some may just hold them in their wallet and see what they are worth later. Some may send them straight to the exchanges and trade them off for BTC but many will look up and see what you are about and what your projects are and if they are interested you just gained a new community member.

Well, I am off call, I'm not sure about our community call this weekend since I really need to speak with the FLDC dev and I forgot this is Valentines day weekend. I would say if FLDC dev thinks this guys resume is a good fit, then maybe by next weekend we can do the community call and discuss project one and what everyone thinks about the dev who applied.

At some point, since I was pretty vague about what the exact project was, we will have to sit down with a dev and see exactly what amount of work, how long and how much cost it will be so that we know how much we need to raise.

I'll be in touch and around this weekend.

mafort1469

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 06:16:45 PM

OK, at least this is a plan of action which no one else seems to taking on. I applaud your taking of the reins on this!!!! Good job, Good job!
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 06:49:12 PM

OK, at least this is a plan of action which no one else seems to taking on. I applaud your taking of the reins on this!!!! Good job, Good job!

there's plenty of people who are involved in this and will be. trust me, i have no technical ability to do a burn, so if we aren't paying someone else to do it, the ones who say that they think we can do it will have to lead the way. we still have some planning and meetings to do first. i would like to have a dev in place before we burn if possible. don't want to burn coins, then have an issue finding a dev to commit to a project. however, the cost of the dev is expensive and they are not likely to burn the coins for free so that will have to be a community item that is taken care of. the dev is simply for the first project. i am meeting with FLDC devs around 3 PM EST today to discuss how they have used the Coutnerparty platform, their ideas on what to look for in a dev for the first project, some issues with the first project and any pointers they are willing to give us. i believe at some point he will meet with the community in a skype chat as well. this is a guy that we can partner with to help with distributing some of our coins to get eyeballs on our project.

this will be a slow progress until we get BTC raised from a crowd sale. it will be a lot of planning and putting things in place. it will require some money on our end to hold the crowd sale and i want to make sure that everything is in place to maximize our return.

i also just gave my notice at my job and am moving to the Tampa, FL area, so things are about to be super busy for me from now until the end of the month. the good thing is the Bitcoin world is growing down there and it will probably be easier to meet some people that may be interested in coming on board and can help in different areas.

i was originally planning to try to do the skype call this weekend for all of us but that will have to be done next weekend. we will let everyone know about the first project and talk more about the burn and how we are going to run that.

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 10:21:32 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2015, 10:49:12 PM by frameLAlife

So I just had the first call with Robert and James from FLDC. These guys were great guys to speak with and get their insight into the Counterparty platform and FoldingCoin. They had some great ideas on the burn, cross promotion, distributing our coin, the crowd sale, how to get a dev, what to look for in a dev and much more.

http://foldingcoin.net/fldc-dev-team/

If you have old GPU mining rigs sitting around collecting dust, you may want to take a look at their platform. You can do merged folding where you earn their coin plus other Counterparty Asset/Coins as payment for folding@home to help cure disease. Not only is this a great idea ran by great people but it can help give our Asset a form of distribution that will gain new eyeballs to our community and give you the ability to mine our asset in the future. All while doing something for a good cause.

Read more here:

http://foldingcoin.net/

Robert will be around the Octo forum in the future and can assist us with the burn. He may be available to speak with our community on Skype and also is going to begin hosting a Google Hangout monthly about FLDC and Counterparty assets in general.

Hang on because we are set to takeoff soon. I'm no dev, so you guys who said we could do the burn ourselves, you will be needed and I hope you come out of the woodwork to help out.

I know DJSlick and GW Calvert were the two who were confident we could do the burn. Remember, we are going to need a Block Explorer up for this and people ready to throw hashes at the network for a burn. If you are interested in helping out with these areas I suggest you come and introduce yourselves to Robert when he posts and set up a time to discuss how to get the burn started soon.

You said you wanted devs who are transparent and willing. Well Counterparty has already began to deliver. You can't beat meeting two of the nicest guys who are willing to help us get started. Both of these guys, as well as most of the rest of the Counterparty community are out there, with their names on their websites, their pictures, their Skype and Bitcointalk names available. They are a step in the right direction, so please introduce yourself and make them feel welcome.

I was very impressed in my first call with them and I think you will be also.

Have a good weekend, I'll watch the board. If you guys have any questions, go ahead and post em.

Pages: « 1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: