Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:08:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [888] [SCRYPT] OctoCoin ◦ The Power of Eight ◦ Don't Blink  (Read 297651 times)
shellbunner

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:57:14 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2014, 03:10:10 PM by shellbunner

In response to a few people suggesting to solomine to the wallet with my stuck transaction, it didn't work. Sad
I started solomining on one of my computers last night, and woke up to see that I had found 4 blocks. They have all confirmed, and the 888's are in my wallet.
The stuck transaction is still unconfirmed from yesterday though.

I'm guessing waiting for the wallet update is my best bet?
Also, why don't my mined blocks show up on the block explorer? They show just fine in my wallet.
Honestly, I'm not in a huge rush, I'm just curious.

Thanks guys!
SlientBit

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:16:42 PM

Also, why don't my mined blocks show up on the block explorer? They show just fine in my wallet.

You're forked Sad most probably

shellbunner

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:24:45 PM

You're forked Sad most probably

Well that's no good. Oh well. It was only a few blocks.
Thanks.
djslick
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 07:15:28 PM

1) MINTPAL first, NOT CRYPTSY. if octo coin's investors want LIQUIDITY, then cryptsy will KILL YOUR COIN. they have been dealing with insanely bad liquidity issues (WITHDRAWALS ONLY... HMMM) for months. talk to anyone, you can put coins into the exchange, but have fun trying to get them out. you can withdraw BTC (which still regularly takes up to 12 hours, sometimes 1-2 days), but not your original alt coin you were trading, once they're there, the only option is to trade on their site. pretty sure they operate as a fractional reserve how sometime it just takes 1-2 WEEKS to get your withdrawal, even after MULTIPLE replies from customer service saying they're working on it, and they're sorry this has happened, and confused as to why it's happening.

2) anyone still using cryptorush has no recourse, they've been screwing their customers for months, this is nothing new, if you've put a dime onto CR in the last month in particular, you have no reason to be surprized that they ran off with it. if you  keep up with month-old news, you'd know to stay far far away. sorry guys! do your homework next time! CR are crooks. they're the laughing stock of the crypto community.

3) stuck coins. if you have a stuck coin transaction, trying right clicking the transaction in your wallet under "transactions" and click "copy TX ID" then paste that string of alphanumerics into the octocoin block explorer. This has magically resolved this issue for me in the past with other coins, hope it helps here.

4) Wallet updates. Wallets can't be updated frequently, it causes issues when one exchange doesn't update it fast enough usually. Updates should be rare and have lots of new features loaded in, tested, and ready to go. it's not like a Steam game where everyone just auto-patches, so you can push out small fixes frequently, think of it more like an xbox live patch, which has to go through alot of QA and gets released every few months. Octocoin devs should fix transaction issues in the next wallet obviously, they are aware of the issue. but this guy who is threatening to delete his IRC bots etc from #octocoin is WRONG. you do NOT threaten devs with your own timeline. want to know why so many EA games are broken on launch? because the devs had to adhere to some external release date, regardless if the product is WORKING FLAWLESSLY OR NOT. so do NOT bow down to threats devs, do your work, make sure it works properly, then release it. we're all looking forward to it. and we're sure it will come in a timely manner.

5) thanks for the update, and we're looking forward to more in the coming months. we'll keep pushing the votes up on mintpal. perhaps having a promo package you could send to the devs at Mintpal would help getting it listed regardless of votes? just like you're trying with cryptsy? If you can show %100 documentation (possible NDA required) to them showing one of your partners, and how serious they are, then it would get listed without issue. they are only looking for volume. So keep them abreast of your plans, so that when the time is right, they'll list you. ie. when you're ready to do your own promotional blitz.

cheers!

*** STUMP THE TRUMP *** SPURN THE BERN *** VOTE BILLARY! ***
-= www.Billary.rocks | https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1439754 =-
moonpool

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 04:47:14 AM

octo.miningwith.us

We would love to see you mining!

LeFiste

Activity: 157

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 07:18:53 AM

Diff: 7.28490124  Shocked I guess we have been discovered!

MEGAman

Activity: 462

I'm gonna clean up this town

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:10:54 AM

Man something is brewing. Difficulty moving toward 9 when we were around 2 just a few days ago. When exactly do the bonus blocks run out?
Stonerboy

Activity: 344

ALL IN!

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:21:33 AM

It's shellbunner, mining da sh*t out of Octo  Grin
128,493 khs. Nice man!  Smiley
MEGAman

Activity: 462

I'm gonna clean up this town

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:39:57 AM

It's shellbunner, mining da sh*t out of Octo  Grin
128,493 khs. Nice man!  Smiley

I think shellbunner has some deep pockets because I remember when he was basically mining Megacoin by himself way back when the blocks were like 125 MEC each (right around the time I started mining MEC). I remember times when him and I made up almost the entire mining network. I have to assume he unloaded a few when they were worth $2.00+ each haha. I sold most of mine way too early but still did pretty well.
Stonerboy

Activity: 344

ALL IN!

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:57:41 AM

I think shellbunner has some deep pockets because I remember when he was basically mining Megacoin by himself way back when the blocks were like 125 MEC each (right around the time I started mining MEC). I remember times when him and I made up almost the entire mining network. I have to assume he unloaded a few when they were worth $2.00+ each haha. I sold most of mine way too early but still did pretty well.

Ah okay, seems like he's a smart guy. Seeing the potential of a coin before everybody else does brings the biggest profits.
And big profits will also come to the early adopters of Octo.
If you see how much coins we got all the days, and how much there are now... and its only 0,5 Ghs. Plus the Bonusblocks.
If this coin get's more famous and more will mine it we will soon, 100%, see 0,25$.
And if the devs do what they are talking about there will be 1$ faster as we think.
But you all deserve it!  Wink
frameLAlife

Activity: 378

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 12:06:56 PM

Man something is brewing. Difficulty moving toward 9 when we were around 2 just a few days ago. When exactly do the bonus blocks run out?

Damn, just as my new blades arrive the network hash rate blows up.

Actually, there is plenty of time before the bonus blocks run out, block 94255, just over 7 weeks away by my calculations.

Yessir, plenty of time for the bonus blocks.... but also, with rumors of Mint and Cryptsy so close we will continue to see the rise.

How many blades did you get? Did you buy the set of 8 that came with the case?

www.ptcrypto.com YOUR Bitcoin consultants!
BTC 13TQitBTzADXpYsDMRjDqFuGaw8m1JZ2YE
shellbunner

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 02:42:19 PM

Ah okay, seems like he's a smart guy. Seeing the potential of a coin before everybody else does brings the biggest profits.
If you see how much coins we got all the days, and how much there are now... and its only 0,5 Ghs. Plus the Bonusblocks.
If this coin get's more famous and more will mine it we will soon, 100%, see 0,25$.
And if the devs do what they are talking about there will be 1$ faster as we think.

I feel like a celebrity with you guys all saying my name Cheesy
I killed one of my little miners last night, so I decided to rent some from betarigs.com and I got carried away  Tongue
I was going to mine Whitecoin or some other profitable coin, but 888 just feels right.
Sorry about forcing the difficulty up so high. Wasn't my intention to screw everyone else.
Megaman- If I had sold at the right time, I would have made a KILLING! Like 7 digit killing. But I held forever, and my intention was to use it as a currency and not just flip for profit. I made decent money, and I used a chunk to purchase stuff for my child on the way, and to start a business with a friend. Megacoin has been good to me.

Anyways, enough rambling. I won't be renting anymore rigs anytime soon. I have one 45MH rig rented for another 60 hours at Edric's pool, and that's it.

Go 888!!!!
moonpool

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:31:54 PM

octo.miningwith.us

We need your help to get a steady block rate, come join us!

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 07:46:15 PM

They're selling 8 in a case? Where's that at?

I bought 3 from minerEU (in the UK here), One arrived Tuesday, two more due to today. 

Very impressed with them so far, up and running within minutes of opening the box..  CGMiner reports a rock steady 5.68Mh/s when overclocked to 838MHz, it seems to fluctuate at the pool but averages out.

I may get some more.

Actually I think I might be talking about about the gridseed USB.... different than the G-Blades. 8 of these only give you 2.8 Mh/s but still it's not a bad setup.

The case is pretty sweet. It holds 4 on each side.

http://www.finalhash.com/product/gridseed-set-8-units-with-the-bbt-case-2-8-mhs/

neleonele

Activity: 392

member of GameCredits Dev team

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 07:48:52 PM

wow guys its a pleasure to do bussiness with u all,
we all thinks the same thing!
lets wait and dont sell!

octos is just fine!

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 07:54:13 PM

I killed one of my little miners last night, so I decided to rent some from betarigs.com and I got carried away  Tongue
I was going to mine Whitecoin or some other profitable coin, but 888 just feels right.
Sorry about forcing the difficulty up so high. Wasn't my intention to screw everyone else.
Megaman- If I had sold at the right time, I would have made a KILLING! Like 7 digit killing. But I held forever, and my intention was to use it as a currency and not just flip for profit. I made decent money, and I used a chunk to purchase stuff for my child on the way, and to start a business with a friend. Megacoin has been good to me.

Anyways, enough rambling. I won't be renting anymore rigs anytime soon. I have one 45MH rig rented for another 60 hours at Edric's pool, and that's it.

Go 888!!!!

Sweet the first 888 celeb!

I love Megacoin and Anoncoin also... I think that's why I like Fusionhash so much.... every coin they have out I've mined there and never really had any issues with that pool.

Nonetheless, props for supporting Edric's pool. He's a good dude. When I get more hash I'm sending it his way also.

I hope we all see huge profit from 888! I need some of that start my own biz money!!

Speaking of, does anyone here have businesses around bitcoin? I'm thinking of getting an LLC and just offering bitcoin consulting with basic services around training and implementing bitcoin for personal and business purposes. Nobody does it here where I live. I think if I can get things rolling maybe I'll see bitcoin grow in my community. As difficult and scary as bitcoin is to some people and businesses I think consultants could do well training people on setting up wallets, transactions, the blockchain, exchanges, mining, accepting bitcoin as a merchant, etc... Seems like an opportunity.

Thoughts anyone? Experience with this?

shellbunner

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:03:35 PM

Go 888!!!!

Sweet the first 888 celeb!

I love Megacoin and Anoncoin also... I think that's why I like Fusionhash so much.... every coin they have out I've mined there and never really had any issues with that pool.

Nonetheless, props for supporting Edric's pool. He's a good dude. When I get more hash I'm sending it his way also.

I hope we all see huge profit from 888! I need some of that start my own biz money!!

Speaking of, does anyone here have businesses around bitcoin? I'm thinking of getting an LLC and just offering bitcoin consulting with basic services around training and implementing bitcoin for personal and business purposes. Nobody does it here where I live. I think if I can get things rolling maybe I'll see bitcoin grow in my community. As difficult and scary as bitcoin is to some people and businesses I think consultants could do well training people on setting up wallets, transactions, the blockchain, exchanges, mining, accepting bitcoin as a merchant, etc... Seems like an opportunity.

Thoughts anyone? Experience with this?

Yea, Edric is a good man for sure. I dig Fusionhash as well, even though they aren't responding to me about my missing 85000 888! Wink

My business which isn't related to Crypto at all (it has to do with beer) (if it ever gets off the ground in a few months) would most likely accept Bitcoin if I can convince my business partner. If Octo is around still (which I have no doubt it will be), we'll gladly take that too.  Smiley

As far as your business plan, I personally think it's a niche that needs to be filled. Bitcoin and Octo and every other crypto is intimidating to the average Joe, and with a consultant like yourself, you could help the communities and services/businesses to grow. Starting a business is insanely overwhelming, and we are still at least 2-3 months from opening our shop. 2 steps forward, and 1 step back seems to be how it goes for me.

Anyways, Good luck my friend! May we all prosper!
karkkis

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:07:16 PM

Nice work people! Keep on pushing those vote buttons...

Reddcoin is behind us and ancient history at Mintpal voting list!

Now it is time to raise the stakes...

Next target acquired: VERTCOIN @23193

Hmm. We will overtake vertcoin in 2 weeks. Let's make it happen!
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 12:58:06 AM

Nice work people! Keep on pushing those vote buttons...

Reddcoin is behind us and ancient history at Mintpal voting list!

Now it is time to raise the stakes...

Next target acquired: VERTCOIN @23193

Hmm. We will overtake vertcoin in 2 weeks. Let's make it happen!

Excellent goal.

OctoCoin (OP)

Activity: 164
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 02:15:18 AM

Yea, Edric is a good man for sure. I dig Fusionhash as well, even though they aren't responding to me about my missing 85000 888! Wink

Spoke with FusionHash today - they have a new server ready for the release of the updated 888 client (the source, at the very least, should be released this evening). They will point their stratum servers at the new client which will have a fresh copy of the blockchain and all stuck transactions will either be processed or dropped depending on age. Either way, it should resolve all issues with "stuck" transactions. You can point the finger at us since we didn't anticipate the large size of some of these transactions - obviously, there is a ton of data contained within some of them.

Hopefully we will at least have the updated Windows wallets out this evening as well. Old wallets will remain compatible, but obviously we'll want to get everybody updated ASAP as it will lower transaction fees as well. It will also include updated checkpoints and several tweaks.
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: