Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:06:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [888] [SCRYPT] OctoCoin ◦ The Power of Eight ◦ Don't Blink  (Read 297647 times)
GWCalvert

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 03:01:47 PM

Just a question. What's Q3 in your country?  Huh
Because in germany we ware still in Q2, so this confuses me a bit.  Cheesy

Q3, technically, begins in July in the US. Some corporations will have different quarter dates depending on how their fiscal years are structured.

888: 8TSFGEFRSXc7fjWt9RPQF1iGUe7T3J2GL1  Emerald Crypto Thread
cornfed82

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:10:37 PM

Q1
January, February, March

Q2
April, May, June

Q3
July, August, September

Q4
October, November, December
Stonerboy

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

ALL IN!

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:19:31 PM

Q1
January, February, March

Q2
April, May, June

Q3
July, August, September

Q4

Ah okay, same like here. Thx guys.
Only was confused because of "well... we're now in Q3.".  Smiley
OctoCoin (OP)

Activity: 164
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:20:42 PM

Q1
January, February, March

Q2
April, May, June

Q3
July, August, September

Q4

Only was confused because of "well... we're now in Q3.".  Smiley

Apologize for the esoteric reference to our fiscal year. The OctoCoin Project received seed funding (and our LLC was formed) on December 1st, 2013 so Dec, Jan, Feb is Q1 for us while Mar, Apr, May is Q2, and June, July, and August is Q3. We had our Q1 meeting in March shortly before the OctoCoin launch and we had our Q2 meeting with the team and investors on June 1st which is where we reflected on progress and discussed plans and goals for June, July, and August. For us, we are now in Q3 but in the future I will simply use dates so that everybody is on the same page. Internally, we toss around the "Q" quite often in regard to time-frames and it is ingrained into my vocabulary.
Stonerboy

ALL IN!

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:20:43 PM

Q1
January, February, March

Q2
April, May, June

Q3
July, August, September

Q4

Only was confused because of "well... we're now in Q3.".  Smiley

Apologize for the esoteric reference to our fiscal year. The OctoCoin Project received seed funding (and our LLC was formed) on December 1st, 2013 so Dec, Jan, Feb is Q1 for us while Mar, Apr, May is Q2, and June, July, and August is Q3. We had our Q1 meeting in March shortly before the OctoCoin launch and we had our Q2 meeting with the team and investors on June 1st which is where we reflected on progress and discussed plans and goals for June, July, and August. For us, we are now in Q3 but in the future I will simply use dates so that everybody is on the same page. Internally, we toss around the "Q" quite often in regard to time-frames and it is ingrained into my vocabulary.

Thx for the answer!
Can't wait for the projects. Feels like waiting for christmas.  Grin

Stonerboy

ALL IN!

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 10:54:39 AM

Hashrate and price climbing  Wink
djslick
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 07:41:11 PM

Hashrate and price climbing  Wink

exciting times ahead!

got a couple quick questions:

1) when are the 188 blocks ending, by my calc it should be today or tomorrow, anyone have an exact block?

2) do we have an octo richlist in the wild that i'm not savvy to yet?

weeeeeeeeeeeee!

*** STUMP THE TRUMP *** SPURN THE BERN *** VOTE BILLARY! ***
-= www.Billary.rocks | https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1439754 =-
boon8

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:50:51 PM

the coin name made me think that a chinese coin,lol
GWCalvert

Activity: 167

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 09:04:02 PM

Hashrate and price climbing  Wink

exciting times ahead!

got a couple quick questions:

1) when are the 188 blocks ending, by my calc it should be today or tomorrow, anyone have an exact block?

2) do we have an octo richlist in the wild that i'm not savvy to yet?

weeeeeeeeeeeee!

188 blocks end at block# 94,255 or ~2600 left as of now. It's near the bottom of the updated OP.

I haven't seen an Octo richlist, but someone was doing some blockchain sleuthing sometime back and had several of the top accounts listed. Not sure if that post is still around. It was a while back, so things have probably changed quite a bit. I know that I'm not on it, but I'm working towards it.  Grin

888: 8TSFGEFRSXc7fjWt9RPQF1iGUe7T3J2GL1  Emerald Crypto Thread
old fart

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

Bitcoin is the future

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:07:31 PM

What's the most Octo anyone has?

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
bholzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 09:25:52 PM

shellbunner might be able to answer that question  Grin

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 10:06:29 PM

Hashrate and price climbing  Wink

Very nice indeed! It's been a couple of days since I looked in on the net hashrate, over 500MH! My pool is getting lonely, though... Not sure if people have lost the faith or if it's simply more profitable to mine elsewhere, but whatever the case may be, I'm lowering pool fees to 0.2% for the next few weeks. As always, if anyone has any issues, I'm only an email or PM away and always put forth my best effort to resolve situations as promptly as possible.

Seems like I never run out of tales of woe for you guys, this week has been right at the top of the list...

One of my last few posts contained some bitching and moaning about Murphy's Law. I've decided instead of fighting it, I'll try embracing it... If ya can't beat em, join em, right? Nope, screw that, because I'm typing this post for the second time, Murphy ate my first attempt. The latest Firefox is horrible for me, for some reason.

Anyway, I try to be as active as possible in the community, the last few weeks, though, have been an endless slogging from one problem to the next, while occasionally getting some actual work done. Thankfully, my pool pretty much runs itself without daily manual intervention.. As for some of my other stuff, not so much, but it's to be expected. Lack of sleep and constant frustration are starting to feel "normal" to me now, and I'm going to have to learn to co-exist with Murphy's Law at some point, but my lack of progress on my most important projects is really starting to get depressing, and, as I'll explain in a minute, I may soon be facing choosing between finding the first low wage, crappy 9-5 job available and give up (or severly postpone) some of my long term goals, or just go all in, balls to the wall, and hope for the best (and devine intervention).

I'm used to having bad luck, it's just a part of being me. Something about me makes things break down constantly without me even touching them, lol. I'm not even joking. Cars are the worst for me, nothing but trouble. Computers generally behave for the most part, but I can count on having time consuming problems when I need to get something done urgently. I've become adept at fixing pretty much anything now. Anyway, before I start rambling too much, I've got a story for you guys. Thursday I woke up feeling good, ready to get some actual work done and be on top of the world. I guess that was the wrong attitude to have, and mother nature quickly set me straight. Had a bit of running around to do that day, took my sis to a dr appointment, after I picked her back up and took her home, I ran across town to grab a few PC odds and ends. As I was getting ready to head back home, it started getting dark and cloudy, extremely quickly. One minute, it's calm, after about a block, it's raining so hard you can't see 10 feet in front of you, and then the softball size hail started falling. Now, I've lived in west TX most of my life and did stints in Kansas and Nebraska, so I know how quickly weather can change, and how severe it can get, but what happened Thursday, I have never in my lifetime seen anything like it. Before I could make it a couple of blocks to the nearest place to shelter our car, it was destroyed. The back window actually has several perfectly round holes where the hailstones just went straight through. The windshield, thanks to safety glass, didn't give way completely, but every millimeter is shattered, and every inch of the rest of the car besides the plastic fenders and bumpers is battered beyond belief. The area of Abilene I live in, the north central part of town, got it the worst. 9 out of 10 cars have major glass damage and are beaten to hell. Body shops, glass shops, and roofers are completely swamped with work (the only silver lining for anyone). Most of the police vehicles have been destroyed (fine by me, APD is awful), they're having to get by with unmarked vehicles with no computers or radio, lol. Now I have no idea what to do, even if they don't total our car out, the deductible might as well be 5 million dollars, we barely managed the bills and I had to scrape to keep the servers on, since my aunt relieved me of my credit card for her all-important crack habit, or whatever she's smoking these days. So I'm just kinda stuck right now, not sure what to do next. One thing I will say for sure is that my existing pools aren't going anywhere, no matter what. I'm finally able to donate plasma again so that will be covering my operating costs for the most part (it was my plasma card that was stolen, ordered a new one but didn't catch it in time to stop her from emptying my account, never again). I'm ready for summer to be over, right now. As soon as the weather warmed up, every day is some new and annoying, or costly, fiasco. And the saddest part, I'm whining about it here. I realize its petty, and pretty much all of west central TX has been screwed by the storm, but I'm just starting to take it personally. I remember my dad explaining Murphy's Law to me when I was about 4 years old, and it has had a major influence on my life perspective ever since. I can't stand to watch or read the news anymore, I stay as far away from political discussion as possible, I can't bear to watch as this world we live in crumbles around us and mankind struggles to survive, because there's nothing I can do about it. I can't even get a foothold on my own personal obstacles, much less contribute in any meaningful way aside from spreading goodwill and applying my talents. Just helpless. Anyway, the big hail disaster made it to more than just the local news, so I'm sure some of you have probably heard.. If you have a second, check out the following link, I'll be willing to bet most of you have never seen destruction like this. In one of the photos, the biggest and weirdest hailstone, being held by a girl with a tattoo on her wrist, that's my sister (pic #41) http://www.ktxs.com/news/gallery-heavy-rain-and-large-hail-sweep-through-abilene-big-country-79-photos/26469932

I think our Octocoin spokesperson is in Austin, if so, were you affected by the weather too? Anyone else here in Texas? We've had quite a few strong storms lately, but this one was one of those freak storms that just seemed to come out of nowhere, fast, and they're going to be getting worse.. Hello global warming! I don't know how we're going to get by without a car, it wouldn't be so bad if our public transit system here in Abilene wasn't absolutely worthless. I guess things could be worse.

Anyways, if you're still reading, thanks for taking the time to step into my world for a minute. This community is one of the very few things in my life where I feel I actually belong, and I'll always do whatever it takes to make sure Edric is a name you think of fondly. As I've said before, though I may not be running the most cutting edge, high class, or multimillion dollar corporation backed services, I try to make up for it by providing a high standard of personal service and do my best to build the trust and confidence of the community. I've made it this far, with many bumps in the road, and learned a great deal of lessons along the way. So far, the pools do not provide very much income, not like you'd think, but I really enjoy it, and my presence in the community and experiences so far has opened the door to other opportunities as well, lots of little odd jobs for people here and there, which is really awesome and enjoyable. I really love helping people, but find myself stretched thin alot of times, plus I get distracted easily (they don't feed me ritalin since I grew up).

A little news on my multipool project... Not much, really. The good news is that I've found a VPS host that offers 6GB RAM for unbelievably, insanely low monthly price, and though their TOS is EXTREMELY strict about what you can do with it, though, and *coin services are strictly prohibited, as well as any other stuff that attracts DDoS and hacking attacks, they're going to let me skirt the rules a bit and allow me to get some of my infrastructure in place there, something that would be too costly with DigitalOcean. The frontend and guts will be on a digitalocean node, though. The entire "profit switching and auto exchange" bit is probably going to have to wait a while. I've explored a few options, most of them involving learning programming languages I have zero experience with yet, though I have run across some promising looking stuff, I've got to figure out what to do with it. I have no experience with ruby, just getting my feet wet with node.js, and just don't know enough PHP yet to write it up from scratch. I've talked about doing it with LiveCode a few posts back, which is actually do-able, but LiveCode isn't best suited for this kind of application despite its enormous versatility. Any of you guys know what LiveCode is, or have ever used it, or old school Hypercard, Supercard, or metacard? Seems like one of those things that kinda gets ignored, despite being extremely useful, and as of recently, free. I love free. Anyway, back to the multipool.. I don't want to be part of the "multipool problem", yet still have one to offer you guys. There won't be a big selection of scrypt coins, but Octo will be one of them, though I'm likely going to leave that one out of the profit switcher. When we get some kind of auto exchange system going on, Octo will definitely be on the payout menu, with a few select others, geared not to the pump n dump crowd but for those who are investing themselves in whatever they choose to hang on to. My main 888 pool will stay open regardless. So, that's about it for now, if you're still with me I'd be grateful for some PM's with suggestions on what to offer and how best not to screw up the economy by contributing to the multipool rape of popular coins. I'm not extremely far away from having a "vanilla" version ready to go (no auto exchange, etc), but this service is for you guys, not me, so I need more input on what people want.

Ok, that's it for now. If you've read all of this, thanks!!! I appreciate everyone's support, trust, and encouragement you've shown me so far, I hope to always be a part of this community. With the network hashrate as high as it is now, and with my pool's hashrate dismally low, I'm cutting fees down to 0.2%, going to better fine-tune transaction fees (so they're not eating me up, but not eating you up too), and hopefully get a fresh infusion of hashes! As always, when you mine at my pool, you also have my personal support, should you need it, for any issues you may have.

http://888.fedaykin.us
0.2% fee
Giveaways back soon!!

SquidsIn

Activity: 236

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 10:15:39 PM

Does anyone know how to get Abe to produce a rich list?

Since getting into Cryptocurrency I've had many bags, all but two have varied over time.  Those are the two I see in the mirror where my eyes once shone.
frameLAlife

Activity: 378

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 10:32:15 PM

Does anyone know how to get Abe to produce a rich list?
i'd like to see this also. i know at one point somebody posted a list but that 's been awhile ago.

www.ptcrypto.com YOUR Bitcoin consultants!
BTC 13TQitBTzADXpYsDMRjDqFuGaw8m1JZ2YE
edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 10:32:27 PM

I forgot to mention Octo-Chance. Someone, or maybe plural, has made some large investments! That's awesome, because the more invested, it allows for higher maximum bets! More updates to the game's software are on their way, mostly feature enhancements and some tweaks, and some graphical spiffing-up later on once it's "finished". It doesn't really look like much right now, but form follows function and it's pretty darn functional, lots of attention has been paid to stability and bookkeeping reliability. Play and invest with confidence!

I don't remember if I explained the invest/divest scheme already, so I'll give a brief rundown. It's proportional, say Bob invests 5k, and John invests 5k, making the total amount invested 10k, Bob and John each own 50% of the profits (and a tiny portion to the house, I think .1%, will double check). Absolutely no commitment, you may divest and withdraw anytime you wish. I didn't set this up with the notion of getting rich off of it, but it wouldn't kill me to make a few bucks, lol. I think I only have 200 Octos invested, but our total as of now is over 27k! That makes way for the high rollers to come try their luck!

When it gains more popularity I'd like to incorporate a faucet as well, to give people a chance to try it out for free.

http://octo-chance.fedaykin.us
Play - Invest - PROFIT!
1% house edge
Provably fair
Invest and earn