Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:33:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [888] [SCRYPT] OctoCoin ◦ The Power of Eight ◦ Don't Blink  (Read 297647 times)
thenotfatguy

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:25:15 PM

The new OctoCoin Reddit Tip Bot is nearly complete - it was temporarily bumped down the priority list as more resources were needed to collaborate on a key aspect of one of our big projects (which is now nearing completion). We will be releasing a small (optional) update to the OctoCoin client which adds a bit more functionality, fixes a couple of minor bugs (such as issues where the QT client was sometimes closing incorrectly on Windows if it was still open during a reboot/etc), and will be implementing a (beta) stealth addresses feature. Of course, as strong believers in the open source movement, we will be contributing a number of the bug fixes and minor enhancements to Bitcoin Core (obviously, the vast majority of the OctoCoin code is a direct result of their effort and it's only fair to give back). The stealth addresses feature will add additional anonymity to OctoCoin and we should be the first coin to include this technology in our official client (although I'm sure it will be "borrowed" by a number of other coins shortly after we release the source - we're debating a binary-only release for the first 30 days).

Finally, we have been given the green light to provide a teaser for one of our upcoming projects: OctoBank (working title). OctoBank will fill a variety of voids which include paying interest on deposited 888, providing economical escrow services, an Android app (and hopefully an iOS app although we haven't broken ground on it yet), and, in the near future, a debit card which allows you to take out cash in your local currency at a variety of ATMs (countries/currencies TBA). While we originally intended to act as a 2-way exchange as well, we ran into a number of hurdles with USD restrictions and banking regulations (paperwork has been filed but the wheels are moving slowly!) but the features we've listed here will all be launch features and will absolutely include US ATMs (we will just be working with a 3rd party bank to facilitate the transactions initially). Obviously, we aren't currently at a volume where this service seems to make a lot of sense but I can assure you we will get there before you know it. Based on our release schedule, OctoBank (can't stress enough that this is just our working title - can you tell I hate it?) should be the 3rd major OctoCoin-exclusive service we launch (while the two before it will, unfortunately, remain shrouded in secrecy for the time-being).

We targeted Q3 2014 for the release of our first 3 major services and, well... we're now in Q3. The pressure is high but things are progressing well. As somebody who knows where we're at, understands what remains, and also must consider the additional management of services as they are released... I think it would be prudent to lower expectations to 2 services released in Q3 - if we can beat that, it's just icing on the cake. It's important to stay on top of the less-complex tasks as well such as ensuring the OctoCoin Core remains solid and technologically advanced and our marketing strategy is put into effect as well. There is an important balance here and I'm confident we can reach that balance.

I want to close by once again thanking our awesome community - you are all OctoWorthy.

+888, I'm reading this with the largest grin on my face Cheesy

I was going to mention the other day, that the tip bot is still down but didn't get around to it No giveaways just yet

I really want to commend the team on your efforts and continued dedication on this project. Great job people. Now thats OctoWorthy

888 - 8bse7MESKBNGz9BixUCo5Z1cKJKVV5tZC7
djslick
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 11:31:57 PM

HOLY SHITSNACKS

http://youtu.be/k0UNxlTYADI

i'm having heart palpitations, the bank is amazing, sounds well vetted even if the gears move slowly in the fiat world...

BUT............................

the ANON feature!? you've got to be kidding me. first to anon? you guys saw what happened to DRK right? and they still haven't delivered... omg, i have to lie down, feeling dizzy.

just saying, i've always believed in this coin, but having it start to come around is a nice feeling, a nice feeling *eyes roll into back of head* indeed. if you could bottle this buzz you'd make a killing. well, not as much as i'm going to make as an octo-holder, but you know... a couple mil at least =p

just tell me that at some point in the future, us early adopters can treat team octo to a drink in macau, or at least make your donation address available Smiley

*** STUMP THE TRUMP *** SPURN THE BERN *** VOTE BILLARY! ***
-= www.Billary.rocks | https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1439754 =-
frameLAlife

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 12:23:39 AM

The new OctoCoin Reddit Tip Bot is nearly complete - it was temporarily bumped down the priority list as more resources were needed to collaborate on a key aspect of one of our big projects (which is now nearing completion). We will be releasing a small (optional) update to the OctoCoin client which adds a bit more functionality, fixes a couple of minor bugs (such as issues where the QT client was sometimes closing incorrectly on Windows if it was still open during a reboot/etc), and will be implementing a (beta) stealth addresses feature. Of course, as strong believers in the open source movement, we will be contributing a number of the bug fixes and minor enhancements to Bitcoin Core (obviously, the vast majority of the OctoCoin code is a direct result of their effort and it's only fair to give back). The stealth addresses feature will add additional anonymity to OctoCoin and we should be the first coin to include this technology in our official client (although I'm sure it will be "borrowed" by a number of other coins shortly after we release the source - we're debating a binary-only release for the first 30 days).

Finally, we have been given the green light to provide a teaser for one of our upcoming projects: OctoBank (working title). OctoBank will fill a variety of voids which include paying interest on deposited 888, providing economical escrow services, an Android app (and hopefully an iOS app although we haven't broken ground on it yet), and, in the near future, a debit card which allows you to take out cash in your local currency at a variety of ATMs (countries/currencies TBA). While we originally intended to act as a 2-way exchange as well, we ran into a number of hurdles with USD restrictions and banking regulations (paperwork has been filed but the wheels are moving slowly!) but the features we've listed here will all be launch features and will absolutely include US ATMs (we will just be working with a 3rd party bank to facilitate the transactions initially). Obviously, we aren't currently at a volume where this service seems to make a lot of sense but I can assure you we will get there before you know it. Based on our release schedule, OctoBank (can't stress enough that this is just our working title - can you tell I hate it?) should be the 3rd major OctoCoin-exclusive service we launch (while the two before it will, unfortunately, remain shrouded in secrecy for the time-being).

We targeted Q3 2014 for the release of our first 3 major services and, well... we're now in Q3. The pressure is high but things are progressing well. As somebody who knows where we're at, understands what remains, and also must consider the additional management of services as they are released... I think it would be prudent to lower expectations to 2 services released in Q3 - if we can beat that, it's just icing on the cake. It's important to stay on top of the less-complex tasks as well such as ensuring the OctoCoin Core remains solid and technologically advanced and our marketing strategy is put into effect as well. There is an important balance here and I'm confident we can reach that balance.

I want to close by once again thanking our awesome community - you are all OctoWorthy.

anon feature is def exciting. i have always loved anoncoin and darkcoin so the fact that octo is taking a step in this direction is a +888 to me!

OctoBank hmmmmmm i cannot wait to see this. i think it's also smart because it will entice holders of Octo to hold and earn interest with at least a portion of their coins instead of dumping.

both of these are huge so i cannot imagine what the two secret apps are.

keep up the good work devs... i think you are getting the community excited and it's only a matter of time before the word gets out and starts to excite others.

www.ptcrypto.com YOUR Bitcoin consultants!
BTC 13TQitBTzADXpYsDMRjDqFuGaw8m1JZ2YE
GWCalvert

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 12:56:38 AM

I am very seldom at a loss for words... but... WOW! Anxiously awaiting the new services!

I was going to write something about my wife, raging, no blue pill tonight, etc. It would have been humorous, but I think I will keep the bedroom talk to a minimum, for now.  Grin Besides, she may come on here and read about herself and then I would be in the doghouse... (even though we do not have any dogs, she would find one for me)  Wink

Awesome work Team Octo!

My little test miner isn't much, but I think he's going back to work mining OctoCoin tonight!

888: 8TSFGEFRSXc7fjWt9RPQF1iGUe7T3J2GL1  Emerald Crypto Thread
GWCalvert

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 01:05:54 AM

I had an good promo idea for later, when Octocoin is bigger than now.
Cause Octo has to do with gambling, maybe we could sponsor 1-2 good (and maybe famous) Pokerplayers to the WSOP.
This would be a great story i think.

All in all, maybe someone could make a Octocoin Poker logo, so i'll print them on shirts and give them to some of my friends.
Living only a few kilometers away from Europe's biggest pokerroom, so maybe they'll wear it while they're playing there.  Cheesy

I know a few poker pros that are in Vegas playing, right now. Kind of hard to get in touch with them, at the moment... But, there is always next year!

If someone does make a logo, do not include 888 in it as there is an online 888 poker room and an 888 poker team for live events.

Something green and with the squiddy would be cool. I'm currently tied up with other projects (that pay the bills around here), but I'll see what I can come up with over the next few days if someone else doesn't make something first.

I'll be old enough for the senior's event next year, so everyone could just sponsor me! LOL  Grin

thenotfatguy

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:09:02 AM

Hey devs, since you weren't too thrilled about the OctoBank name why not some of these?

-OctoSafe
-OctoVault
-OctoReserve
-OctoCache

joshycoin

Activity: 90

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:50:50 PM

I'm thinking 13 by the end of the week on MintPal... any takers on that? I'll betcha some Octo!  Tongue

Will be hard without payed votes.  Cheesy
True... but a boy can dream  Grin
joshycoin

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 07:55:44 PM

Hey devs, since you weren't too thrilled about the OctoBank name why not some of these?

-OctoSafe
-OctoVault
-OctoReserve
-OctoCache

OctoMint
Stonerboy

Activity: 344

ALL IN!

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 11:37:55 PM

It seems like every dumper is eaten up soon, no hard way to 1500-2000 satoshi   Grin
thenotfatguy

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 11:41:57 PM

It seems like every dumper is eaten up soon, no hard way to 1500-2000 satoshi   Grin

Looks like you are forgetting a few zeroes Grin

Stonerboy

ALL IN!

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 12:07:52 AM

It seems like every dumper is eaten up soon, no hard way to 1500-2000 satoshi   Grin

Looks like you are forgetting a few zeroes Grin

Jeah, i know, i know  Cheesy
Personally, myself would never sell under 20k satoshi. And there i would only sell a little, very little bit of it to cover my electricitycosts.
But even this will make me feel guilty, because the rule of thumb of the octopus says that selling under 88888888 satoshi is clearly a sin.  Cheesy
(Maybe this sounds like dreaming, but for me personally, a price above 20k satoshi is only logical, but everyone who wants to sell for...like 600 satoshis can do that, just feel free, that is how you make other people happy  Wink )

djslick
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 04:12:21 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2014, 04:41:07 AM by djslick

not sure if the octobank is the ideal service for this, but one of them has to be called:

"The Kraken" aka beastly octopus to be reckoned with

or

"Tidal Kraken" aka beastly octopus who's fortunes rise and fall like the tide, akin to winning and losing while gaming, also reflecting trade values of coins. also it's a bitchin MTG card in Duels of the Planeswalkers. don't act like you don't know what i'm talking about.

if you want to go all formal with it, how about:

"squiddy manchester holdings"

or

"tentacle of the orient trust"

or

"that's not ringworm, an octopus made love to me investment group"

or

"magic internet money is for suckers limited" (octopus tentacle sucker pun)

this is fun, how about a new slogan.

"octocoin, get in the black ink" (as opposed to red ink? to be "in the black"? i actually think this one's half clever if you could make it not sound retarded, i know there's a play-on-words with ink out there

---

also, where the hell did this hash come from? 500MH? goodbye fat mining payouts... helloooooo rising tide!

*** STUMP THE TRUMP *** SPURN THE BERN *** VOTE BILLARY! ***
-= www.Billary.rocks | https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1439754 =-
GWCalvert

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 03:27:55 PM

not sure if the octobank is the ideal service for this, but one of them has to be called:

or

"Tidal Kraken" aka beastly octopus who's fortunes rise and fall like the tide, akin to winning and losing while gaming, also reflecting trade values of coins. also it's a bitchin MTG card in Duels of the Planeswalkers. don't act like you don't know what i'm talking about.

or

or

or

"octocoin, get in the black ink" (as opposed to red ink? to be "in the black"? i actually think this one's half clever if you could make it not sound retarded, i know there's a play-on-words with ink out there

---

also, where the hell did this hash come from? 500MH? goodbye fat mining payouts... helloooooo rising tide!

Yep, some dude put a 250 Mh/s rig up on Fusion and my nice little payouts every couple of hours, now are coming every three or four hours, although more blocks are being found. My little gridseeds don't stand a chance... Looking around for some (cheap) rent-a-miners for the weekend.

188 blocks are coming to an end... real soon! Less than 5K left!

joshycoin

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 03:51:30 PM

or

or

or

or

---

Yep, some dude put a 250 Mh/s rig up on Fusion and my nice little payouts every couple of hours, now are coming every three or four hours, although more blocks are being found. My little gridseeds don't stand a chance... Looking around for some (cheap) rent-a-miners for the weekend.

188 blocks are coming to an end... real soon! Less than 5K left!

Yeah... makes me happy and sad all at the same time. I am about to put in an order for a 60 MH/s scrypt miner so I can keep getting those Octo's.
joshycoin

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 03:53:16 PM

See ya MtGoxCoin!
Stonerboy

ALL IN!

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:02:57 AM

Monero bought to place 14 with 8 BTC. Uhhh... Roll Eyes
frameLAlife

Activity: 378

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 12:05:28 AM

hahahaha holy shiz.... that's hilarious. let em spend all their btc.... we do just fine with very little buys.

www.ptcrypto.com YOUR Bitcoin consultants!
BTC 13TQitBTzADXpYsDMRjDqFuGaw8m1JZ2YE
Stonerboy

ALL IN!

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:18:12 AM

hahahaha holy shiz.... that's hilarious. let em spend all their btc.... we do just fine with very little buys.

Yeah, right.  Smiley
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:25:43 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2014, 10:42:57 AM by Chase

anon feature is def exciting. i have always loved anoncoin and darkcoin so the fact that octo is taking a step in this direction is a +888 to me!

OctoBank hmmmmmm i cannot wait to see this. i think it's also smart because it will entice holders of Octo to hold and earn interest with at least a portion of their coins instead of dumping.

both of these are huge so i cannot imagine what the two secret apps are.

keep up the good work devs... i think you are getting the community excited and it's only a matter of time before the word gets out and starts to excite others.

Thanks for keeping Crypto Moms updated on Octocoin. There are at least two new holders of Octocoin that I know of and I'm sure there will be more to follow.  This is a very nice community and a good example for others to follow.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Stonerboy

ALL IN!

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:51:45 AM

Just a question. What's Q3 in your country?  Huh
Because in germany we ware still in Q2, so this confuses me a bit.  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: