Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:15:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 [365] 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 ... 725 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs  (Read 1260002 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 03:39:36 PM

What is or was the Price of the SP31? I have been going back and forth with SP-Tech Sales, however I cannot seem to get the answer to the only question I care about.

So frustrating Sad

I realize there is a huge time gap so I have tried to be patient however its been over a week and all I need to know to decide is what the price of the unit is.

I should add I want to know the price to see if I want to use a coupon or a refund.

There are no Sp-31 on sale anyway, so why this matters. Choosing coupon vs refund time has passed as well AFAIK.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 03:40:01 PM

While I wait for tech support to get back online, has anyone had a SP10 just not want to start up?

The symptoms are that it will not stay powered on. It will not even get to the point where is pulls a DHCP address so that we can access it. It will initially power up but then it will turn itself back off.  I have no ethernet or fans. We tried different power cables and power ports on the pdu.

Does it sound like a bad PSU or a MMC corruption?

So just in case anyone else has a similar problem in the future, or if anyone has had it in the past, I'll update.

To summarise, SP10 that had been hashing at SP-Tech for a few months arrived at my colo, with the above symptoms.

Things that have been suggested to try are swapping the PSU with a working one (luckily I have a SP10 I can swap with), and doing the SD-recover following the instructions from here: http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/blogs/technical-blog/13098521-sp10-sp30-recovery-sd-card-boot-sd-card-creation-instructions

Will update more as I get more down the remote troubleshooting on Monday, in the meantime if anyone has had a similar symptoms and has a quick fix suggestion I'm all eyes Smiley

Cheers

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 03:41:00 PM

What is or was the Price of the SP31? I have been going back and forth with SP-Tech Sales, however I cannot seem to get the answer to the only question I care about.

$3920 for the October batch. http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/products/sp31-yukon-october-batch-1

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Doff

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 03:42:28 PM

So frustrating Sad

I realize there is a huge time gap so I have tried to be patient however its been over a week and all I need to know to decide is what the price of the unit is.

I should add I want to know the price to see if I want to use a coupon or a refund.

There are no Sp-31 on sale anyway, so why this matters. Choosing coupon vs refund time has passed as well AFAIK.

Incorrect, they are telling me I have the choice to use a coupon on an SP-31 and that they are held for refund customers, however I have now asked 5 times what the price is and cannot get an answer. The price matters because I need to see how much I want to spend and if the maybe the cash refund is more useful to me at this point.
Doff

Activity: 327

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 03:43:01 PM

$3920 for the October batch. http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/products/sp31-yukon-october-batch-1

Thank you Biffa.
zvisha

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 04:07:34 PM

While I wait for tech support to get back online, has anyone had a SP10 just not want to start up?

The symptoms are that it will not stay powered on. It will not even get to the point where is pulls a DHCP address so that we can access it. It will initially power up but then it will turn itself back off.  I have no ethernet or fans. We tried different power cables and power ports on the pdu.

So just in case anyone else has a similar problem in the future, or if anyone has had it in the past, I'll update.

To summarise, SP10 that had been hashing at SP-Tech for a few months arrived at my colo, with the above symptoms.

Things that have been suggested to try are swapping the PSU with a working one (luckily I have a SP10 I can swap with), and doing the SD-recover following the instructions from here: http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/blogs/technical-blog/13098521-sp10-sp30-recovery-sd-card-boot-sd-card-creation-instructions

Will update more as I get more down the remote troubleshooting on Monday, in the meantime if anyone has had a similar symptoms and has a quick fix suggestion I'm all eyes Smiley

Cheers

First see if the led on PSU is green after restart. If not it is a PSU issue and it should be replaced.
Otherwise please follow the procedures for SD recovery (mmc corruption).
If recovery fails (mmc problem), create boot SD and try to boot from it.
If it fails, contact us regarding fixing the unit.
Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 04:56:24 PM

Cheers

First see if the led on PSU is green after restart. If not it is a PSU issue and it should be replaced.
Otherwise please follow the procedures for SD recovery (mmc corruption).
If recovery fails (mmc problem), create boot SD and try to boot from it.
If it fails, contact us regarding fixing the unit.

Thanks zvisha, will try the psu first.

wh00per

Activity: 571

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 05:39:57 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2014, 05:51:55 PM by wh00per

Biodom: I saw you deleted your post. As always there are "pain in the -beep-" customers and customers you like to work with. The good customer understands what he's buying, and he tries to help in the process. They get their issues solved quick (if any) because the personnel likes to work with them and they point exactly to the problem they have.

The other category keeps the vendor busy with questions, changes, options, more changes, does not regard deadlines, timelines, weekends .. they're the "customer" so if you want their business they will push you over the normal limits. As a manufacturer, you either "educate" and cater for your poor performing clients if you still want their business, or you drop them. The 80/20 rule applies (as in you spend 80% of your time to deal with 20% of your clients).

As a business, you get reviews from all over, and you struggle to keep up with demands OR you run your business decently, with strict rules for everyone. Stricter rules might seem a "bad business practice" in the beginning, but in the long run you end up having a happy life.  

CSA/cUL Certified Power Distribution Panels - Basic, Switched, Metered. 1-3 phases. Up to 600V. NMC:N4F9qvHz11BHcc4nh1LCJFsrZhA1EWgVwj
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 05:56:07 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2014, 06:06:09 PM by Biodom

Biodom: I saw you deleted your post. As always there are "pain in the -beep-" customers and customers you like to work with. The good customer understands what he's buying, and he tries to help in the process. They get their issues solved quick (if any) because the personnel likes to work with them and they point exactly to the problem they have.

The other category keeps the vendor busy with questions, changes, options, more changes, does not regard deadlines, timelines, weekends .. they're the "customer" so if you want their business they will push you over the normal limits. As a manufacturer, you either "educate" your poor performing clients, or you drop them.

As a business, you get reviews from all over, and you struggle to keep up with demands OR you run your business decently, with strict rules for everyone. Stricter rules might seem a "bad business practice" in the beginning, but in the long run you end up having a happy life.  

not sure what you referred to. I deleted a post about price because somebody already answered and this guy was satisfied, so why clutter.
I am also not sure about strict rules as far as what this referrs to, but i believe in sponds integrity, however communication about shipment queue could be better.
regarding weekend-it is currently NOT a weekend in Israel. Sunday is a working day, Fri and saturday are the weekend AFAIK.

Regarding pain-in-the butt customers-sometimes they are complaining, but buying-just look at one OP (hint-hint). He is buying from everybody: Spond, KnC, Bitmain, etc. etc and he complains about every one of them, but keeps coming back. it's much better than to have a customer who gets so offended, that they NEVER come back-just look at BFL or KnC message boards-it is epic.
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 06:02:01 PM

does the SP35 have a PSU inside or not?

"With the SP35 we replaced the PSUs to squeeze out even more out of the RockerBox ASICs."

pictures are from SP31 I guess.

http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/products/sp35-yukon-power-november-batch-1

Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 06:13:14 PM

does the SP35 have a PSU inside or not?

"With the SP35 we replaced the PSUs to squeeze out even more out of the RockerBox ASICs."

pictures are from SP31 I guess.

http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/products/sp35-yukon-power-november-batch-1

Yes PSU's are internal. They just replaced the ones that were in the SP30/31 with more powerful ones, but in the same place they were before.

BitCoin Operated Boy

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 07:22:37 PM

WELCOME TO THE NEXT GENERATION OF ASICS! :-)

"Germanene's electronic and optical properties have been determined from ab initio calculations, and structural and electronic properties from first principles. These properties make the material suitable for use in the channel of a high-performance field effect transistor[16] and have generated discussion regarding the use of elemental monolayers into other electronic devices.The electronic properties of germanene are unusual, and provide a rare opportunity to test the properties of Dirac fermions. These unusual properties are generally shared by graphene, silicene, germanene, and stanene."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germanene
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 09:25:10 PM

No love for the little guy anymore?
Always. It depends on our relative advantage.
In 2015, it might be in a form of a mining facility "bond".

Payable in BTC?
Not clear how this could be even possible since mining facility most value is in miners, not the walls (which could be quite cheap) or ventilation (no A/C needed in many places). Because miners value would be decreasing steadily, how would you assure bondholders that if mining facility goes bankrupt they will have something to recover their principal?
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 11:37:15 PM

What is blinking yellow, the PSU?

Have you tried the almighty restart yet?

You do know that you could be pulling more than 13A on the lead when running it at 120V?

the yellow led above the green one...

i have not, as i am more interested in understanding the meaning of the led sequence than anything else...at the moment. as i stated a few hours ago, i reset the max watts so it could 'relearn' its limit/s.

i do, however im not - 220-230V here.

any idea wrt the yellow led... the one thats flashing on the front of the rig? 9 times...?

thx.

Edgar, young fella, you should know that there is a certain tradition amongst old *nix wizard types. It is drilled into every devop, sysadm and device driver writer early in their professional career. It is called 'RTFM' where the manual is the source code. If you can't do this, you are SOL.

Variations on this unix crypto-culture are

a) if you want something done, code it and submit a pull request
b) how many github projects do you contribute to ?
c) marketDetailAgent send ( _.filterNot(mi => Exchange.canonicalize(mi.market) == market) :+ info )

Otherwise, the responses you get are going to be 'power cycle it and let me know if it works'

Thats just the way it is. It is a system designed to protect the innocent. Believe it or not. Take my word for it, you do not want to know what all those flashing lights mean. You just want your system to ROI. Good luck with that.

edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 08:33:05 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2014, 08:51:38 AM by edgar

You do know that you could be pulling more than 13A on the lead when running it at 120V?

i have not, as i am more interested in understanding the meaning of the led sequence than anything else...at the moment. as i stated a few hours ago, i reset the max watts so it could 'relearn' its limit/s.

any idea wrt the yellow led... the one thats flashing on the front of the rig? 9 times...?

thx.

Edgar, young fella, you should know that there is a certain tradition amongst old *nix wizard types. It is drilled into every devop, sysadm and device driver writer early in their professional career. It is called 'RTFM' where the manual is the source code. If you can't do this, you are SOL.

c) marketDetailAgent send ( _.filterNot(mi => Exchange.canonicalize(mi.market) == market) :+ info )

Otherwise, the responses you get are going to be 'power cycle it and let me know if it works'

Thats just the way it is. It is a system designed to protect the innocent. Believe it or not. Take my word for it, you do not want to know what all those flashing lights mean. You just want your system to ROI. Good luck with that.

indeed, again it saddens me that you are so right!

why the fudge they cant manage to just say what needs to be said instead of acting like cunts is beyond me.

but then im not the one raking in millions (and still have to sell pre-orders) so wtf do i know.

fuck the leds, and fuck the 'so smart they cant be bothered' haters...

it seems that even squeaky wheels are starting to get ignored, bodes well for the future does it not...

so as 'the time for refunds/coupons has passed' where does that leave those among us, (presumably just myself) that chose neither as they had other issues going on?

either?

neither?

possible to use for/against something that will be delivered within the next 30 days??

its like getting blood from a stone (or trying to break even) here
zvisha

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 09:10:53 AM

thx.

why the fudge they cant manage to just say what needs to be said instead of acting like cunts is beyond me.
but then im not the one raking in millions (and still have to sell pre-orders) so wtf do i know.
it seems that even squeaky wheels are starting to get ignored, bodes well for the future does it not...
so as 'the time for refunds/coupons has passed' where does that leave those among us, (presumably just myself) that chose neither as they had other issues going on?
either?
neither?
possible to use for/against something that will be delivered within the next 30 days?

Try calling me a cunt few more times and then ask me what /etc/init.d is.
Update me how that works out.
edgar
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 09:24:20 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2014, 09:40:22 AM by edgar

thx.

either?
neither?
possible to use for/against something that will be delivered within the next 30 days?

Try calling me a cunt few more times and then ask me what /etc/init.d is.
Update me how that works out.

i see what you did there, again...

why bother even replying if its not to address the issue at hand??

repeatedly 'confusing' facts with misunderstandings/miscomprehension is all the rage in here eh..!!

<snippe>

why are you intentionally ignoring my questions & focusing on pointless 'issues' ?

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 09:26:15 AM

On a side note spondoolies you are all nice to us now..but just promise us you WON'T turn into KNC or BFL will ya

this post says it all (off topic feel free to skip it)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170332.msg8826686#msg8826686

anyway still want to get an sp20 ...still see no way to pull it off at hosting rates nor my 15c/kwh rates

others any advice....am I missing something (and yeah i know am using the correct figures for power 1100 watts duh ....)

anyway still have hopes up something down the line will work from spondoolies in the future (noise/watts/roi wise for home mining at my 15c/wkh rate)

trying to be positive here....anyway I'm sure it is the best price and watts spondoolies can do at this time ...more power to those who are buying

again so it goes

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 09:27:37 AM

either?

neither?

possible to use for/against something that will be delivered within the next 30 days??

All I am seeing here is karma that is coming back to you, who can't understand that the damn 3, 9, 13 blinks aren't relevant to the rest of the miner. It's like the HDD light is blinking on my computer while it boots up. My Windows can work ok or not, but the damn lights blink the same all the time. It's not that hard to understand this from the above posts.

edgar
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 09:45:56 AM

either?

neither?

All I am seeing here is karma that is coming back to you, who can't understand that the damn 3, 9, 13 blinks aren't relevant to the rest of the miner. It's like the HDD light is blinking on my computer while it boots up. My Windows can work ok or not, but the damn lights blink the same all the time. It's not that hard to understand this from the above posts.

you may be right.    if karma is an ill-reading, victim-playing, sarcastic genius

however wouldnt it have been 'better' for all concerned if it was explained clearly the first time instead of 'forcing' the inquisitive to KEEP ASKING..??

at the same time as expending the nergy to write a paragraph of pointless shit??

no?

really dont know?

i see...

2, 9, 13
Pages: « 1 ... 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 [365] 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 ... 725 »
  Print  

Jump to: