Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:04:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 [413] 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source  (Read 748196 times)
ChenXue

Activity: 112
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:02:16 PM

i have heard JL777 find some 2nd crypto for his supernet project,i think qora may have a try Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Breasal

Activity: 585
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:03:31 PM

Qora needs a business manager more than it needs more developers in my opinion.

I agree. Qora is doing fine developing.

I think the "business manager" is what the SN/jl777 would bring to qora: jl777 definitely has business acumen and knows how to make money trading.

One quick question concerning James' SuperNet IPO - my understanding is that money from the IPO will be used to buy majority stakes in coins with original source right? (meaning.. no clones)

Yea, no clones....

...looks like everyone, including qora, is down for leaving SN to go ahead without Qora.

AE coming soon.
Breasal

Activity: 585
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:53:31 PM

@qora: see bold please

"SuperNET is the sum of all useful protocols"
useful meaning if it is broken security wise or whatever, then not useful and also if the users dont want to use it, then it is also not useful.

I cannot imagine all coins/assets of the future, but I can imagine SuperNET to be including the best ones that are wanting to tap into the immense user base. SuperNET is allowing the really good devs, who are usually not so good at marketing to have a technical path into what I hope will be the second largest base of users for a crypto, behind bitcoin.

so with the revenue sharing back to the coin community, this means a good dev can quit his fiat job and work fulltime improving his coin/asset

accelerated network effect
rabbiter

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 05:33:54 PM

useful meaning if it is broken security wise or whatever, then not useful and also if the users dont want to use it, then it is also not useful.

I cannot imagine all coins/assets of the future, but I can imagine SuperNET to be including the best ones that are wanting to tap into the immense user base. SuperNET is allowing the really good devs, who are usually not so good at marketing to have a technical path into what I hope will be the second largest base of users for a crypto, behind bitcoin.

so with the revenue sharing back to the coin community, this means a good dev can quit his fiat job and work fulltime improving his coin/asset

well I'm sold. now will Qora have an opinion?

What is good about all this is James won't be interested in bullshit hype of most coins. he will have to say clearly what are the real non clone innovative coins, that's a list I think of about 5 and Qora I expect would be welcome to join it. So either way Qora may be legitimised for the quality it is. This Supranet could be the gift that keeps on giving. I hope the community can look at this objectively without their turf war goggles.

*we must keep the vote open for longer, so far only a tiny percentage has voted? A 5% voted simply isn't legitimate.
skylys

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:21:18 PM

another stupid  "vote",I dont care
just join in the Supernet
rabbiter

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:04:39 PM

Was thinking how Sean Parker really made FB happen even though it was Zuckerberg that really made FB. Qora is just too much of a quiet genius working in his laboratory.

It does need a business manager, marketing and other things more than development if you have a short term vision or only care about price. Right now developing is the most important - if not the only - thing needed right now. We still cannot even close our wallets properly without having to download the blockchain again. We have less nodes active. We don't have any uniqueness. Development is the most important thing here. Once we have unique, working solid features, price, marketing and business will follow. Nothing can stop inovation, to do is better than talk and Qora knows that thus the reason he's so silent.

http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=Sean%20Parker%2C%20Mark%20Zuckerberg&cmpt=q

Is there anything specifically you think in the Supranet concept that hinders Qoras innovation? It's seems to me it encourages innovation not stifles it.

Qora is always silent I don't think reading into that is legitimate.  Roll Eyes

PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 08:55:28 PM

Seriously folks...  you need to start forging with your QORA...  WTF!?!?!   Shocked

I hope qora decides to distribute some of the unclaimed QORA among the top forgers/generators (even to the exchange accounts)...  and YES...  I would get some too...  WELL-DESERVED!   Kiss

SUPPORT THE FUCKIN' NETWORK  A L R E A D Y   Angry

While I had a low balance I had always had the client forging. however, in all that time I didn't forge a single block. So, I stopped running the client full time. Is there a lack of nodes on the network?
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 08:57:10 PM

i started forging again

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:20:29 PM

It is very sad because im doing 1+% of that forging Sad

Hmm mine stopped forging. Restarted the pc and it is away again.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

wizzardTim
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:21:41 PM

You sir are a whale!!!!!!

PondSea
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:24:56 PM

Been buying a lot since the downturn in the price. I believe in Qora  Smiley

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

wizzardTim
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:39:13 PM

Me too!

We should start finding a way to build some things first, before the great boom and exposure.
Eg: videos, translations of website, whitepaper, signatures and so on

PondSea
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:56:52 PM

Me too!

We should start finding a way to build some things first, before the great boom and exposure.
Eg: videos, translations of website, whitepaper, signatures and so on

I have commissioned a animated video by one of the alt coins devs I purchased into. They have a issue with the wallet currently, either they have scammed me and we won't get a video or we will get it in a week or 2.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..

Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 12:15:53 AM

Was thinking how Sean Parker really made FB happen even though it was Zuckerberg that really made FB. Qora is just too much of a quiet genius working in his laboratory.

It does need a business manager, marketing and other things more than development if you have a short term vision or only care about price. Right now developing is the most important - if not the only - thing needed right now. We still cannot even close our wallets properly without having to download the blockchain again. We have less nodes active. We don't have any uniqueness. Development is the most important thing here. Once we have unique, working solid features, price, marketing and business will follow. Nothing can stop inovation, to do is better than talk and Qora knows that thus the reason he's so silent.

http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=Sean%20Parker%2C%20Mark%20Zuckerberg&cmpt=q

That's the reasons i'm not forging everyday Qora

I need to delete the data folder and download the blockchain again everytime i open the client

But i'm forging NxT in spite of myself, why? because i spend few hours everyday on the Asset Exchange, check my asset orders, check the price etc so i have a reason to open AE and forging

Things will be better Qora AE coming in 3 days !
calvinstm

Activity: 229
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:52:31 AM

I need to delete the data folder and download the blockchain again everytime i open the client

I honestly never encountered problems like the one you described. I've been using the native Windows executable from V13 without a hitch. I kinda suspect the problem you mentioned is related to one of the following:

1. You did not close the application properly. You're supposed to close the application first, and not the command prompt. Doing things in reverse would certainly corrupt the data files.

2. A java-related memory leak issue -- try running the windows executable directly, instead of running the batch file from command prompt. Try using the Windows executable from V13 and tell me if you still encounter the problem.

Hope it helps...
lyynx

Activity: 380
Merit: 275

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:52:59 AM

I think Qora needs a plan. Here's what I suggest: aka OUR TEAM

Open Source (inluding peer review and whitepaper)
User Adoption Plan - reach out to businesses, universities, vc's
Recruit (Dev's, Marketers, Spokespeople)

Transaction Speed (Viacoin is at 24 seconds and stable, I believe speed will separate 2.0 coins from all the rest.)
Ease of Use (1 step install, stable client, thats dummy proof)
Asset Exchange (We're good to go on that front)
Mobile Wallet

I won't have much time to participate over the next 3 months as i am attending a full stack dev bootcamp starting on monday, but upon my completion, if we are open source by then, i would be willing to assist with marketing full time.

Djinou94
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:01:18 AM

I honestly never encountered problems like the one you described. I've been using the native Windows executable from V13 without a hitch. I kinda suspect the problem you mentioned is related to one of the following:

1. You did not close the application properly. You're supposed to close the application first, and not the command prompt. Doing things in reverse would certainly corrupt the data files.

2. A java-related memory leak issue -- try running the windows executable directly, instead of running the batch file from command prompt. Try using the Windows executable from V13 and tell me if you still encounter the problem.

Hope it helps...

Thanks that's what i did and i never had problem before the V13 but it's not a big deal, the next version will fix my problem

Anyway
Moolah ‏@moolah_io

We'll be finalizing the initial list by tomorrow evening, with a view to rolling out over the weekend. No downtime

Leave a comment to Moolah for add Qora on Mintpal v2

http://blog.moolah.io/2014/09/01/mintpal-v2-tentative-market-listing/comment-page-1/#comment-2111

calvinstm

Activity: 229
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:12:49 AM

I won't have much time to participate over the next 3 months as i am attending a full stack dev bootcamp starting on monday, but upon my completion, if we are open source by then, i would be willing to assist with marketing full time.

Great news! Love your suggestions btw...

I have an idea how we can release the source while protecting it from people with malicious intent at the same time --

We can create a Qora Source Trust (consisting of 3 to 5 Qora major stakeholders) with the sole purpose of maintaining and safeguarding Qora source code.

1. With each major Qora release, the dev will release an encrypted file containing the source code to the Trust. Each member of the Trust would have one piece of a multi-parts password chosen by the dev. Only when all the parts combined can the group unencrypt and release the full source code. This will ensure the continuation and survival of Qora project under any circumstance.

2. We can copy Crypti's method and only release outdated version of Qora source code (ie. V1) every 4 months (so there will be 3 SC releases per year).

3. We will have a stripped-down Qora test platform set up by the dev (latest Qora version). It's by invitation only (subject to Qora community's approval). So let's say if a potential developer wishes to build something on top of Qora, he can send in an application. And if he gets approval, he will get to review the latest source code with enhanced features removed (barebone source code).

What do you guys think of this approach? I would not advoate releasing the source all at once. But I think at some point, we should start thinking about what we can do to court potential developers and get them on board.
Djinou94
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:18:27 AM

1.Exciting

2. Not copy but inspired
ExtremeFacials.com

Activity: 190
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:59:52 AM

well I'm sold. now will Qora have an opinion?

What is good about all this is James won't be interested in bullshit hype of most coins. he will have to say clearly what are the real non clone innovative coins, that's a list I think of about 5 and Qora I expect would be welcome to join it. So either way Qora may be legitimised for the quality it is. This Supranet could be the gift that keeps on giving. I hope the community can look at this objectively without their turf war goggles.

*we must keep the vote open for longer, so far only a tiny percentage has voted? A 5% voted simply isn't legitimate.

You called jl777 a 'clown', now you want to join his supernet.

You should read more and write less. Do you still think jl777 and his NXT  powered supernet are work of a clown?
Pages: « 1 ... 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 [413] 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: