Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:51:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Storj - Decentralized Storage  (Read 389680 times)
michaelb87

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:55:19 AM

Wow am I glad I didn't invest in this one. Liked the idea but saw from the get go it wasn't wise to invest. With their ridiculous goal of 9800 BTC it was obvious that the interest of investors wasn't a primary objective of these guys. And now see what happens, must be one of the worst ROI of recently launched coins. Even Syscoin with a 100% crap launch had a decent ROI.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
-Greed-

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Decentralized Jihad

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:57:08 AM

Well, to be fair - 'In order of crowdsale contribution' can mean either by date or volume. Easily misunderstood.

Again, this was not mentioned before I paid.

Apologies for the confusion. To make it clear to you and to everyone else, those able to try out DriveShare will be go in order of when they contributed as opposed to how much they sent in.

so gross. Had I known about this one I would never had sent the amount I did. Is there any way to get a refund out of this mess.

I liked the idea of farming this thing and saw potential but really giving the same benefits to someone who contributed 2$ to someone who contributed 2000$ is just fucking dumb. Had I known that before I would have sent 1$ very early and bought 2k of hardware instead. I really really feel abused here.
Fuck, +1, another shit from the shady devs. Smells like some discrimination. IMHO, the fairest way is to provice beta access to ALL crowdsale participants at the same time.

Updated: for those who don't get it I will try to make it clear. It means that people who "invested" let's say 25 BTC will be instamining coins with huge HDD farms and dumping shitload of coins to death. This coin is doomed going this way.

-Greed-

Activity: 910

Decentralized Jihad

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:25:24 AM

LEARN HOW TO FUCKIN' READ YOU RETARDS!!!   Angry

...you know who you are...

P.S.  Have fun jacking off each other on my Ignore List too!   Kiss

Edit:  Let me rephrase that in case you didn't understand...   LEARN HOW TO READ YOU FUCKIN' RETARDS!!!   Angry
I like that funny guy with the biggest ignore list on btt. Made my day. Cheesy

Also, distribution seems to be even worther then NXT. And don't forget that devs hold 15% for private use and additional 15% for community (for a small group of volunteers I guess).

Yzmo

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:25:39 AM

dev, what do you think about master nodes?
lunokhod2

Activity: 249

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:28:43 AM

Edit:  Let me rephrase that in case you didn't understand...   LEARN HOW TO READ YOU FUCKIN' RETARDS!!!   Angry
I couldn't agree more. What is wrong with you people? You invest money without reading the terms, without going to the Storj forum, and without asking questions on the forum? Every single question I asked there was answered immediately by the developers. Most questions asked in this forum were answered already earlier in the tread, which is NOT long.

I have to say that I am really impressed with what Storj is doing, and their attention to the community that is supporting them. It is true that some things were not clear initially in the crowdsale, and I interpret this because the team was a bunch of coders, and not lawyers (look at the Ethereum terms for their crowdsale for comparison....). The developers are working on a project that is truly transformative. Even if I lose money, I will be happy that I won't have to pay dropbox anymore for the rest of my life. And that with the assurance that my data is private!
dadingsda
Legendary

Activity: 1310

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:31:14 AM

Damn this was so an exciting project. Greed and FUD will destroy cryptoworld! Say hello to banksters and wall street fuc#+ers  Cry So sad

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
J9901

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:34:41 AM

I couldn't agree more. What is wrong with you people? You invest money without reading the terms, without going to the Storj forum, and without asking questions on the forum? Every single question I asked there was answered immediately by the developers. Most questions asked in this forum were answered already earlier in the tread, which is NOT long.

I have to say that I am really impressed with what Storj is doing, and their attention to the community that is supporting them. It is true that some things were not clear initially in the crowdsale, and I interpret this because the team was a bunch of coders, and not lawyers (look at the Ethereum terms for their crowdsale for comparison....). The developers are working on a project that is truly transformative. Even if I lose money, I will be happy that I won't have to pay dropbox anymore for the rest of my life. And that with the assurance that my data is private!

If DriveShare works as intended then there's absolutely no way for you to lose money. At that point, worst case would be about 300% profit and that's short-term.
joelpina

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:34:50 AM

Damn this was so an exciting project. Greed and FUD will destroy cryptoworld! Say hello to banksters and wall street fuc#+ers  Cry So sad

Market manipulators are now all over this... people need to start taking action and stop listening to fud and do their own research.
dadingsda
Legendary

Activity: 1310

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:41:26 AM

Market manipulators are now all over this... people need to start taking action and stop listening to fud and do their own research.

That´s why crypto is almost a full time job  Cheesy

Seriously - these guy´s are pure evil. And they know how to manipulate.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
cassius69

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:43:19 AM

i personally dont like who altcoins have become 'companies' now.

that makes these all unlicensed security sales.

l3mmy

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:44:36 AM

I like that funny guy with the biggest ignore list on btt. Made my day. Cheesy

Also, distribution seems to be even worther then NXT. And don't forget that devs hold 15% for private use and additional 15% for community (for a small group of volunteers I guess).

To be clear the community fund uses will be decided by the community using proposals and voting on the storjtalk forum. 
DistroBlitz

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:47:00 AM

is there a storj skype group ? if not i'd like someone from the team to create one; with some moderation; that'd be cool.

cheers and gl
mig5000

Activity: 324

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:47:09 AM

Edit:  Let me rephrase that in case you didn't understand...   LEARN HOW TO READ YOU FUCKIN' RETARDS!!!   Angry

Dude shut the fuck up and read the Terms. It's nowhere written that it's a first come first served basis.

Their PR guy doesn't seem to care if you invested 25 BTC or .025 BTC. If he used that language during the crowd sale versus now he wouldn't have gotten a fucking penny from a lot of people.

Also not having any kind of deals to bring some buying support is pretty dumb. It wouldn't be hard to "white list" new comers if they held a certain amount of Storj. If they went like :
Crowdsale address need to have 1000 Storjx in order to farm the storage and non crowdsale people need 5000 Storjx BTC to farm the Storj. That would bring some liquidity to the system.

Right now we have to wait these guys (2-4 weeks) to finish their product and then maybe in 6 months from now Storjx are going to be worth something. I didn't care about the obvious lack of liquidity but stating that 25 BTC guys are going to wait b/c they invested last minute is fucking dumb and next time they have a crowd sale if they get one, they won't be able to get any of these if they act like this.

Makes absolutely no sense to me.
l3mmy

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:07:14 AM

is there a storj skype group ? if not i'd like someone from the team to create one; with some moderation; that'd be cool.

cheers and gl

If this is something the community would really like I think this could get set up.
slavo

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:20:00 AM

cheers and gl

If this is something the community would really like I think this could get set up.

distroblitz was me; missclic between accounts. that would be worth a try; i'm thinking of a usefull skype group; which means moderated by someone from inside storj; are you a team member l3mmy ?

cheers
Relaxedsense

Activity: 809
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:21:58 AM

The thing is, when crowdsale buyers do indeed get to beta test DriveShare, who is going to use metadisk?
l3mmy

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:30:13 AM

The thing is, when crowdsale buyers do indeed get to beta test DriveShare, who is going to use metadisk?

cheers and gl

distroblitz was me; missclic between accounts. that would be worth a try; i'm thinking of a usefull skype group; which means moderated by someone from inside storj; are you a team member l3mmy ?

cheers

I suppose I haven't given a full introduction here.  On the storjtalk forums there were elections held for community president vice president and treasurer.

I myself was elected as president.

I have been helping inside the storj dev chats to gather information to get it out as clearly as possible as well as helping with social media and offering any assistance my skills allow to further e project.  My priority is developing the community and making sure that the comunity voice is being heard

Addressing the question of who is going to use metadisk.  If people do not use metadisk farming will not be very profitable as there will be nothing to store.  Storj is not Burst.  You earn by holding and storing data not just simply offering space.  From conversations I have seen there has been a great interest in tutoring raw video files for production companies on our service.

And yes when I say our service I mean the communities this is a community driven project.
mig5000

Activity: 324

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:41:19 AM

3. Early access to DriveMiner beta

When Storj determines that its storage and bandwidth renting application, DriveMiner, is ready for use, participants in the crowdsale will be granted first access to the software and will be able to sell their own space or purchase space from other users using SJCX. Storj reserves the right to limit access to the beta for any reason.

Other Terms

We reserve the right to make modifications to the crowdsale plan, as we continue to refine the protocols and strategy. Subscribers to our newsletter will be notified via email if we change the terms. Please check the address in a block explorer before sending your coins. After we hit our 9,800 BTC limit, the extra coins will be returned to the wallet address which they were sent from.

http://storj.io/CrowdsaleTerms.pdf

NOW STFU...  GO LEARN HOW TO READ...  & GTFO YOU FUCKIN' RETARDS!!!   Angry Angry Angry

They just stated that it's 75% ready to use after the sale was over... And 75% ready to use when dealing with programming might as well say 50% is done. The last 25% is often times longer than the first 25%.

Anyway would you be so kind to tell me how much you invested and when ? Wait you don't even have I think I have a clue.

If you want to know how crowfund should be handled just check on any crowfunding site, it's not first come first served and their usually a ton of benefits to be one of the top contributor. That they come here after the sale is done it's first come first served is total BS. Even if they said they believed their product is going to go viral and 5x my money, I would rather have a refund than deal with shady people.
l3mmy

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:08:33 PM

3. Early access to DriveMiner beta

When Storj determines that its storage and bandwidth renting application, DriveMiner, is ready for use, participants in the crowdsale will be granted first access to the software and will be able to sell their own space or purchase space from other users using SJCX. Storj reserves the right to limit access to the beta for any reason.

Other Terms

We reserve the right to make modifications to the crowdsale plan, as we continue to refine the protocols and strategy. Subscribers to our newsletter will be notified via email if we change the terms. Please check the address in a block explorer before sending your coins. After we hit our 9,800 BTC limit, the extra coins will be returned to the wallet address which they were sent from.

http://storj.io/CrowdsaleTerms.pdf

NOW STFU...  GO LEARN HOW TO READ...  & GTFO YOU FUCKIN' RETARDS!!!   Angry Angry Angry

They just stated that it's 75% ready to use after the sale was over... And 75% ready to use when dealing with programming might as well say 50% is done. The last 25% is often times longer than the first 25%.

Anyway would you be so kind to tell me how much you invested and when ? Wait you don't even have I think I have a clue.

If you want to know how crowfund should be handled just check on any crowfunding site, it's not first come first served and their usually a ton of benefits to be one of the top contributor. That they come here after the sale is done it's first come first served is total BS. Even if they said they believed their product is going to go viral and 5x my money, I would rather have a refund than deal with shady people.

I do not think that  releasing a product that is untested to thousands of people at once is the right way to go.  Small test fix ship test fix ship this has been a successful model for many companies.
J9901

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:10:08 PM

I'm not complaining about Storj's team decision to grant early DriveShare access based on time of contribution, but I will say that it makes much more sense for top contributors to gain early access.

I hope the Storj team reconsiders this decision.

If they change the policy to grant Early Access to top contributors, great. If not, then okay no problem. Either way, actual DriveShare completion is my main concern..whether it be initially open to 10, 100, or 1000 people doesnt matter much as the number of testers will increase with time regardless. As long as that initial testing group can verify that it is in fact a working product.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: