Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:16:47 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 [585] 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (WC) | WhiteCoin | BIG NEWS: Foundation, investors & more ☯ whitecoin.info  (Read 759182 times)
mogonzo

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:57:51 PM

There seems to be a lot of interest in this. I think maybe we should consider putting out a wider call to action regarding Bill C-31.

President - The WhiteCoin Foundation | contact: chris@whitecoin.info
surfguy72

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:08:22 AM

There seems to be a lot of interest in this. I think maybe we should consider putting out a wider call to action regarding Bill C-31.

+1

###

What's our # hastag for no on bill c-31?

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
delphs

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:22:54 AM

+1

###

What's our # hastag for no on bill c-31?

is #Die-C31 too harsh?

BTC: 1JB4Gq82DM3WUsdkU3TPzU2haFbxCJgJss / WC: WT8gbDPdQUcjDq6gWg9N7w3q4AazUAy3g7 / WDC: WkzvC4YVC3nCzDW9BhFLtWk7YJhtgXQR6G / Addie: delphs Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397706.0
CryptoSEO

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 12:27:03 AM

I transferred over 240K+ from mintpal to my wallet yesterday.

Other 600000 to the wallet.
Now go up when the market it sees fit.
No rush to WC and I'm sick of scam coins.

mintpal reserves dropping, shows a lot of long term confidence, people are staking instead of selling Grin

I am enjoying this, people that are using mintpal as a wallet should consider using a real wallet and stake Wink

WC - WU6UWL8mjj1TMjzzT7CnEL2GDcP1nUsLc3
CryptoSEO

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 12:28:43 AM

Bitcoin Legislation Potentially Disastrous for Growing Canadian Tech Sector

Concerns continue to mount in the cryptocurrency sector over the Harper Government’s approach to Bitcoin. Bill C-31 contains many potential implications to crypocurrency users, spread throughout various acts in dense legislation. While in spirit most of these developments were expected and not troubling for the international industry, the ambiguity of these rules has generated disastrous results for Canadian end users.

New rules could cause thousands of foreign registrations with FINTRAC

Under Bill C-31 and new money laundering rules, in order for a Canadian to sell any cryptocurrency to someone across borders, both parties could be required to register with FINTRAC as a money services business first. Not only will this most likely create a bottleneck of services at FINTRAC, it will discourage current and potential users from working with the Canadian sector.

Chris Salsman, President of The WhiteCoin Foundation, believes this could stifle Canada’s participation in a growing international industry.

“This is an eight billion dollar and growing business, and I fear we could see a migration offshore. Vault of Satoshi is a widely respected Ontario based bitcoin exchange, but why would any international user do business with them if they could be forced to jump through lengthy bureaucratic hoops? This demonstrates a completely backwards and dismissive approach to crypto by the Canadian Government. Vault of Satoshi is registered with FINTRAC and requires users to identify themselves fully to conduct transactions, and that should be enough.”   

Canadian Bitcoin Related Bank Accounts Frozen

Dozens of Canadians have had their accounts frozen by nervous banks uncertain of what demonstrates a suspicious cryptocurrency transaction.  Under these rules banks are not permitted to have relationships with ‘unregistered money service businesses’, which could potentially be interpreted as any Canadian who sells a cryptocoin and then tries to deposit the proceeds into a bank account without first being registered. There is total ambiguity as to if they will apply only to exchanges, or include bitcoin miners, buyers, or even just someone who accepts payment for service in bitcoin. Mr. Salsman understands why banks are concerned.

“Until there is clarification as to what a ‘dealer in virtual currencies’ is, banks are naturally responding this way out of fear of being found non-compliant, and the end result is many Canadians having their bank accounts unfairly frozen. ”

Bill C-31 Could Impede Canada’s entry to $8 billion & growing sector

Despite these difficulties in Canada, the bitcoin and cryptocurrency sector continue to grow. Mr. Salsman believes the real threat here is to the Canadian technology sector.
“I’ve met many industry innovators from across this country, all of whom believe cryptocurrency represents an amazing opportunity for a struggling Canadian tech sector.  A Bitcoin or WhiteCoin is really just an encrypted proof of work chit, which means its potential applications go far beyond just payment transfer. A cryptocurrency technology based password protection service was recently launched; while this business would present no vehicle for money laundering, they too could be considered ‘dealers in virtual currencies’. Why would this industry choose Canada as a place to do business if that’s the case?”

Lack of consultation with industry breeds distrust

Despite the Federal Ministry of Finance claiming to be open for comment for months, there has been no understood outreach. This lack of communication with the industry and its users is troubling to say the least, but Mr. Salsman is hopeful it can still turn around. “Money laundering is a serious concern, and we’d be more than happy to work with Canadian Legislators to help create laws that address it while fostering the growth of this innovative sector.”

Nice Smiley

delphs

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:29:31 AM

mintpal reserves dropping, shows a lot of long term confidence, people are staking instead of selling Grin

I am enjoying this, people that are using mintpal as a wallet should consider using a real wallet and stake Wink

After the Gox fiasco, why do people trust exchange on the long run? look at Vericoin, exchanges are not a wallet lol

BTC: 1JB4Gq82DM3WUsdkU3TPzU2haFbxCJgJss / WC: WT8gbDPdQUcjDq6gWg9N7w3q4AazUAy3g7 / WDC: WkzvC4YVC3nCzDW9BhFLtWk7YJhtgXQR6G / Addie: delphs Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397706.0
cryptoangel

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:02:04 AM

I wrote something here but deleted it, this coin is shit.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█                         █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █
           ▄▄███████▄▄   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████  █
         ████▀     ▀████
         ████       ████
         ████▄     ▄████
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████  █
           ▀▀███████▀▀   █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
ROLLBIT●  Instant Deposits & Withdrawals
●  Rakeback & Level Up Bonuses
●  Live Customer Support
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
malbee

Activity: 237

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:15:45 AM

strange sentiment...but thanks for stopping by...
CryptoSEO

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 01:23:56 AM

a typo, its missing "THE" Grin

Grin

cryptoangel

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:26:42 AM

No problem, I cannot support something that has nothing to offer. Altcoins hit the market with more development plans and x1000 the value of WC.

WC is 2 btc until 1 satoshi for a reason.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █
           ▄▄███████▄▄   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████  █
         ████▀     ▀████
         ████       ████
         ████▄     ▄████
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████  █
           ▀▀███████▀▀   █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
ROLLBIT●  Instant Deposits & Withdrawals
●  Rakeback & Level Up Bonuses
●  Live Customer Support
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196

Fibre Knight

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:27:07 AM

I wrote something here...

Really? If you are going to trash the coin, at least put some effort into it.

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
surfguy72

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:27:16 AM

Cryptoseo, we got newsletter #1 in process, and I think newsletter #2 is already in the works. I think POS needs explained a little more in one of our issues huh?

Still waiting on my scrypt asic update from Alpha technologies (in my Beatles voice) while my whitecoins gently stake.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
gerdab

Activity: 686
Merit: 266

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:36:27 AM

How to invest in WC: buy at 80-85 s@t and sell at 100 s@t  Grin u'll make + 15-20%  Roll Eyes
blitzkitten

Activity: 483

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:28:11 AM

I wrote something here...  but deleted it, this coin is shit.

Really? If you are going to trash the coin, at least put some effort into it.

LOL it is a real slap in the face isn't it! no effort at all. Thats a 'C-' bit of fud
jonni21

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 06:44:47 AM

Hello, guys! Look at this. It can be interesting.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=694691.new#new

Get REAL market adoption!
Get your Coin on our ATM-Network in Europe

http://www.szenekonzept.de/coinsulting/ATM-START-COINSULTING-TRANSFAIR-SZENEKONZEPT.jpg

Hello Coin-makers, experts, supporter..

This summer, we started the operation of two Bitcoin / Litecoin / Dogecoin Two-Way-ATMs (bitcoinatm.com) in Germany, later Istanbul among others.
The devices allow users, to exchange Coins in Dollars or Euros and vice versa.  
The (now three) devices are already here and  tested, currendly we are deploying them to their locations in Cologne and Frankfurt Airport.

Our main goal is (besides of earning money) to get as many crypto-currencies into the market as possible, to foster a decentralized, democratic and diverse system. So these ATM's are just the beginning of a long, but clear roadmap. Next step will be, to finish our own frirmware and replace the OEM firmware of the ATM. This will not only enable us, to add any coin, we like, but also provide the later needed interfaces and APIs, to smoothly integrate our ATMs, into our currently planning pay,ment processing system and various online exchanges.  Now, we would like to speed up this development and beginn testing tilll end of this year. To raise the additional money, for that, we decided, to go even a step further and to intoduce the first ten altcoins into our project, so that these can grow smoothly with us .

This we'd like to offer to  creators / producers / supporters of altcoins,
who will take part on this crowdfunding:

- The opportunity, to make it possible, that everybody can get his Coin into ATMs.
- A contract, that guarantes your coin, getting into the portfolio, of our ATM Exchanges.
- Skyrocket the merchant acceptance and usability, of you coin
- Get involved into our whole development proceess and  experience / influence our daily business.
- Make quite shure, your coin gets a „firstmover“ attention in pressreleases.

Are there any reqirements:

- being business partners, we will have to like each other. (Yes! We only work with, persons, we like)
- your coin should have a value, to enable cash outs, that make any sense
- you have any official business, to assign our agreement to

As, our common practice, when choosing partners, we follow the concept
„test more, choose carefully, then work with full trust“

Details about the software structure, timetable and any other questions, we'd like to answer personally.

Gideon Gallasch (Greenmedia/Consulting): SKYPE: greenmedia bochum / T: 00491775401534
(he is the guy to ask about contract details, investor relations)

Matthias Klees (Szenekonzept/Coinsulting): SKYPE: szenekonzept / T: 004921616787707
(Me)

Khelgaar

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

"If you are going through hell, keep going"-Sir WC

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 08:56:43 AM

- being business partners, we will have to like each other. (Yes! We only work with, persons, we like)

for sure it is interesting... but need much more work to do if we wanna accomplish that  Wink
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:13:50 PM

Hello Coin-makers, experts, supporter..

This summer, we started the operation of two Bitcoin / Litecoin / Dogecoin Two-Way-ATMs (bitcoinatm.com) in Germany, later Istanbul among others.
The devices allow users, to exchange Coins in Dollars or Euros and vice versa. 
The (now three) devices are already here and  tested, currendly we are deploying them to their locations in Cologne and Frankfurt Airport.

Our main goal is (besides of earning money) to get as many crypto-currencies into the market as possible, to foster a decentralized, democratic and diverse system. So these ATM's are just the beginning of a long, but clear roadmap. Next step will be, to finish our own frirmware and replace the OEM firmware of the ATM. This will not only enable us, to add any coin, we like, but also provide the later needed interfaces and APIs, to smoothly integrate our ATMs, into our currently planning pay,ment processing system and various online exchanges.  Now, we would like to speed up this development and beginn testing tilll end of this year. To raise the additional money, for that, we decided, to go even a step further and to intoduce the first ten altcoins into our project, so that these can grow smoothly with us .

This we'd like to offer to  creators / producers / supporters of altcoins,
who will take part on this crowdfunding:

- The opportunity, to make it possible, that everybody can get his Coin into ATMs.
- A contract, that guarantes your coin, getting into the portfolio, of our ATM Exchanges.
- Skyrocket the merchant acceptance and usability, of you coin
- Get involved into our whole development proceess and  experience / influence our daily business.
- Make quite shure, your coin gets a „firstmover“ attention in pressreleases.

As, our common practice, when choosing partners, we follow the concept
„test more, choose carefully, then work with full trust“

Details about the software structure, timetable and any other questions, we'd like to answer personally.

Gideon Gallasch (Greenmedia/Consulting): SKYPE: greenmedia bochum / T: 00491775401534
(he is the guy to ask about contract details, investor relations)

Matthias Klees (Szenekonzept/Coinsulting): SKYPE: szenekonzept / T: 004921616787707
(Me)

Thank you for making my day with this post. It's one of the best examples of how "not" to market your product. After reading through the pitch, I somehow feel I may actually be using the English language inappropriately. I would suggest you have it translated by someone that speaks English if that is your target market. Also, I get the sense this "organization" doesn't really have any ATM's; just a way to procure them, if they had the funds.

"Everything is Awesome"

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:20:55 PM

anything happening here? been away for a few days.

What happened to the companion coin discussions etc? do we have an active developer on this team?

WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:29:00 PM

What happened to the companion coin discussions etc? do we have an active developer on this team?

Not sure, but based on your posts in other forums, you seem to be promoting the hell out of companion coins (e.g. qrk). I suppose you may find some support here for that implementation, but unfortunately that may drive a lot of folks away. I see negative responses to companion coins all over the crypto community. This is not an innovative idea, rather a way to fork without forking, IMO.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:49:31 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2014, 01:06:48 PM by cryptohunter

Not sure, but based on your posts in other forums, you seem to be promoting the hell out of companion coins (e.g. qrk). I suppose you may find some support here for that implementation, but unfortunately that may drive a lot of folks away. I see negative responses to companion coins all over the crypto community. This is not an innovative idea, rather a way to fork without forking, IMO.

Yes qrk and WC are in the same position. No development pot, no real devs. However active communities already formed and already on the best exchanges and well known.

I'll ask you and the others saying NO. Tell me a negative to the companion coin introduced via WC only IPO?

A negative other than it could be some competition to WC. We've covered that in the qrk thread. I am yet to hear any other.

There are 400 coins already in direct competition with WC, none of those have any potential benefits to WC.

A companion coin is not a way to fork. QRK needs it more than WC since WC already has POS.

However many WC holders will prefer to see WC have a crack at mainstream and not have that hampered by ANON features coded in. WOC will offer lots of benefits with no more negatives than the other 10 coins released today.

The QRK naysayers are yet to provide 1 clear negative of implementing their companion coin. Since the WOC will be sold by the foundation and the WC taken in payment will also be controlled. There is a lot less competition to WC directly in terms of market price than from other alts that will provide nothing in return for WC. WC is getting sold daily back to BTC to purchase coins others see as having a better future ahead. Hence the price slipping down again.

The ipo though can NEVER be via any other method that buying in with WC. Not just a few weeks. It has to be on WC until all the WOC ipo is sold off.

How would it drive anyone away. If there is no negative and lots of potential positives for both coins then why would anyone logically leave WC ? would seem a very strange decision. I would only buy WOC with my WC as things progressed positively in terms of development and activity. I would always keep most of my WC perhaps buying more to switch over to WOC if needs be.

The services and activity brought in by the companion coin would drive demand for both coins. Both coins can take things from each other and jointly use services funded by either one.

Most people listen to blanket statements that break down under closer scrutiny. Let's examine the idea in detail before saying it would be good or bad for WC.

The main issue is do we really have a dev team that can create a working anon coin that is as good as the other top tier ones in development ie xc,dark,cloak etc.  I think with a large enough development pot such developers can be found.

Pages: « 1 ... 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 [585] 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 »
  Print  

Jump to: