Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:03:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 [583] 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (WC) | WhiteCoin | BIG NEWS: Foundation, investors & more ☯ whitecoin.info  (Read 759154 times)
surfguy72

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 02:46:57 PM

The website with which the process may of been started on is a good start now all we need is the relevant info(registration details) to go check on it's progress ourselves.

What are these final steps too as I am of course interested in this like many here.  I am sure mongonzo will tell us all the Registry Number and what these final steps will entail when he reads my posts.

When does the registry number get assigned? I know its the reservation process that's been completed not registration.  Believe we are in a 90 day period right now.  He's been able to get this far, I'm sure he'd appreciate your help if that's possible.  I'd hunt for his updates hurried, but on my android and its being funny.

Actually cryptoseo captured it well

http://whitecoin.info/news/official-registration-whitecoin-foundation-formalized/

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
malbee

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 02:55:30 PM

Mongonzo as whitecoin is a registered foundation could you please give us(the community) the registration number and where we can go to check the legitimacy of this.  So far we only have your word on this and it would be nice for the community to be able to check up themselves to see how legit your claims are.
A phone number of the office where you registered and some details we can use to verify your claims would be nice and maybe put some members(the community) at ease.

malbee, eddienova , GRV and CryptoSEO do not reply to me or try and do your usual tactic of doing a +1 on a old post to try hide my questions and do not say I am trying to FUD either like you guys do to anyone who has valid concerns.
I am sick and tired of you guys constantly putting anyone down and calling them names because they don't do agree with your own personal opinion and +1 on everything like you lot do blindly without question.

To the guys mentioned above, hide my post or anyone else's in future that I think has valid points and I will just +1 their posts like you guys do and turn this thread into a bigger joke than it has already become this last week.

Look forward to your reply mongonzo so I can go verify this foundation myself like many others will do hopefully too.

Come on Kestrel....you asked a valid, logical, constructive question.  And, I hope it has been answered to your satisfaction.  I will add to surfguy's link and suggest you click on the "Name Reservation Request Status" link.  Then just search for the name...

There is a difference in motive that I hope you can see.  I read every post in this thread...and the motive of the poster becomes obvious...  Some have a logical well thought out motive like your question above.  Some people have a motive of disruption and will not respond to logic no matter how you try to reason with them.  I will admit that I have been guilty of loosing my "e-temper" at times and post snide responses when I should probably not respond at all.  If we have someone like you, who has a valid question, feel like he is going to get commented out, then we've gone to far...and for that I apologize.  
mogonzo

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 02:55:40 PM

The website with which the process may of been started on is a good start now all we need is the relevant info(registration details) to go check on it's progress ourselves.

What are these final steps too as I am of course interested in this like many here.  I am sure mongonzo will tell us all the Registry Number and what these final steps will entail when he reads my posts.

I will have many more questions later on regarding certain aspects of the white coin foundation and it's members but I believe one step at a time so I can research properly is the way forward.

Hi Kestrel,

Our official status right now is "Reserved with conditions", which means that the government has granted us the right to operate under the name "The WhiteCoin Foundation" for 90 days until our registration goes through the final submission and approval process. As has been previously shown to you, this can be verified at the Access Nova Scotia website.

So what does "Reserved with Conditions" mean?

Essentially: It means we're anticipated to meet all of the requirements of registration in the eyes of the registry of joint stocks employees who looked over our file, and that we've been granted a 90 day period to begin operations and submit any paperwork for final approval.  

When I began the process of registration over two months ago, we were initially met with a very large amount of questions by the Nova Scotian Government representatives I spoke with. When I asked for our name to be reserved, I was originally advised against doing so until I'd done the following:

• Contacted a lawyer for legal advice (done)
  • Researched the various acts we could register under (Association, Society, Co-op, company, etc) (done)
  • Ensure we have access to $50K CDN in either assets or funding should we wish to operate as a Foundation under the Societies Act (done)
  • Seek comment from the Minister of Finances Office of Nova Scotia (Done, they had no objection but many questions)
  • Seek comment from the Minister of Service Nova Scotia and Joint Stocks Office (Done, they were of great help in guiding us through this process)

What all this means is that no matter what, even if we decide to register under a different act, the government felt we had our ducks enough in a row to reserve our name and grant us the ability to operate under it free of charge. In a worst case scenario, we'll have to pay a one time $50-$75 CDN fee to finalize the process should it be determined we'd be better off operating as a Ltd. or at the federal level.

Bill C-31 has presented some interesting developments in this regard, which is why we will be using this 90 day period to operate to its full extent. We need to be flexible during the period that the government is looking at how or if it intends to regulate the operation of cryptocurrencies.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Chris

President - The WhiteCoin Foundation | contact: chris@whitecoin.info
Kestrel71

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 03:16:58 PM

I will have many more questions later on regarding certain aspects of the white coin foundation and it's members but I believe one step at a time so I can research properly is the way forward.

Hi Kestrel,

Our official status right now is "Reserved with conditions", which means that the government has granted us the right to operate under the name "The WhiteCoin Foundation" for 90 days until our registration goes through the final submission and approval process. As has been previously shown to you, this can be verified at the Access Nova Scotia website.

Essentially: It means we're anticipated to meet all of the requirements of registration in the eyes of the registry of joint stocks employees who looked over our file, and that we've been granted a 90 day period to begin operations and submit any paperwork for final approval.  

When I began the process of registration over two months ago, we were initially met with a very large amount of questions by the Nova Scotian Government representatives I spoke with. When I asked for our name to be reserved, I was originally advised against doing so until I'd done the following:

• Researched the various acts we could register under (Association, Society, Co-op, company, etc) (done)
  • Ensure we have access to $50K CDN in either assets or funding should we wish to operate as a Foundation under the Societies Act (done)
  • Seek comment from the Minister of Finances Office of Nova Scotia (Done, they had no objection but many questions)
  • Seek comment from the Minister of Service Nova Scotia and Joint Stocks Office (Done, they were of great help in guiding us through this process)

What all this means is that no matter what, even if we decide to register under a different act, the government felt we had our ducks enough in a row to reserve our name and grant us the ability to operate under it free of charge. In a worst case scenario, we'll have to pay a one time $50-$75 CDN fee to finalize the process should it be determined we'd be better off operating as a Ltd. or at the federal level.

Bill C-31 has presented some interesting developments in this regard, which is why we will be using this 90 day period to operate to its full extent. We need to be flexible during the period that the government is looking at how or if it intends to regulate the operation of cryptocurrencies.

Best regards,

Chris

I have a few more questions but am being hassled by the wife as we have to do family stuff today and she refuses to leave me at home on my own.  Thanks for the replys though and I will get back to this thread when I can.
mogonzo

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 03:30:41 PM

Hi Kestrel,

Best regards,

Chris

I have a few more questions but am being hassled by the wife as we have to do family stuff today and she refuses to leave me at home on my own.  Thanks for the replys though and I will get back to this thread when I can.

I'll be happy to answer them, enjoy your family time today kestrel I'm about to take some personal time to do the same. Hope everyone enjoy's their sunday! I'll be back online tonight to finalize our big release about bill c-31.

BTW: If anyone is looking for something to do to help whitecoin this afternoon, we could always add to our Canadian Media list. I've got about 200 reporters on it now, but they are mostly political/government news oriented. If anyone feels like searching Canadian newspaper and media outlets for business and technology reporters email addresses, it'll help us even further.

Mainstream places I have yet to scour through for their business & tech reporters:

• The Globe and Mail
  • The National Post
  • Global Television
  • CTV News

You can email your findings or list to chris@whitecoin.info

Thanks in advance!

WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196

Fibre Knight

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 03:35:23 PM

+1
This is a very important question so thank you for the query as it has been my central focus over the past several weeks. I think the foundation is starting to understand a little more how the transparency aspect will be required with extra sharp focus on communication. This is all now starting to unfold but unfortunately has taken a little bit to comb through all the chaff. These serve as the cornerstones of a legit operating foundation. I think the work in this specific area is actually something positive for the community. Unfortunately, it still leaves the issue of a developer and getting access to the WC code to enhance it other than starting a new coin. Not sure how we are to get beyond that impasse however. Waiting for those results to determine our direction.

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
surfguy72

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 03:44:35 PM

+1
This is a very important question so thank you for the query as it has been my central focus over the past several weeks. I think the foundation is starting to understand a little more how the transparency aspect will be required with extra sharp focus on communication. This is all now starting to unfold but unfortunately has taken a little bit to comb through all the chaff. These serve as the cornerstones of a legit operating foundation. I think the work in this specific area is actually something positive for the community. Unfortunately, it still leaves the issue of a developer and getting access to the WC code to enhance it other than starting a new coin. Not sure how we are to get beyond that impasse however. Waiting for those results to determine our direction.

Some good nuggests in here.  One challenge I'm trying to beat is what is the best structure for the PR/communications team to ensure transparency and effectiveness.  The WCF DEV them does have access to the code, though. 

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
mogonzo

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 04:09:25 PM

+1

Some good nuggests in here.  One challenge I'm trying to beat is what is the best structure for the PR/communications team to ensure transparency and effectiveness.  The WCF DEV them does have access to the code, though. 

That's correct. The Dev team has full access to whitecoin's code and owns its github account.

The original dev's github is still intact but not in use by us.

mickyd

Activity: 206

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 09:56:51 PM

ive been holding 100k WC from the beginning watching the coin fall wonder if it ever gonna go back up to the highers price as it was at first???  if it dies my wallet dies with it WC to the end...

That's awesome, glad to hear you're with us no matter what.

If we keep working together as we have been, a price rise is inevitable. We're in this for the long haul, and our good reputation continues to move forward.

As far as I'm concerned, there will be no end to WC. We will continue to adapt and evolve with the cryptocurrency market and industry for years to come.

+1
surfguy72

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:36:27 AM

in the wake of recent vrc fiasco (vrc dev conspiring with mintpal to save their hides and rolling back entire blockchain), this dependence on "exchanges" goes against the idea of decentralization.
technically speaking how hard would it be to implement decentralized p2p exchange directly in wallet?

An idea totally worth exploring

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
Iffy

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:45:13 AM
Last edit: July 14, 2014, 08:35:15 AM by Iffy

in the wake of recent vrc fiasco (vrc dev conspiring with mintpal to save their hides and rolling back entire blockchain), this dependence on "exchanges" goes against the idea of decentralization.
technically speaking how hard would it be to implement decentralized p2p exchange directly in wallet?

An idea totally worth exploring

Take a look at Emunie then .. That is what Dan is creating right now.

Oh and technically speaking it is beyond the scope of most coders. It is something I do not believe Mindfox is capable of doing, else someone like SunnyKing would have easily added it to XPM or some such already.

No I am not trying to slam Mindfox or question their skills. I have been part of the Emunie community for over a year and am a founding member, I get to see what is going on daily. I have a great deal of understanding on what such a thing takes to create.

Radix
crucial

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:59:21 PM

Potential Market Delisting for July 14th on bittrex ?
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:19:28 PM

Yes, according to these statements:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=635824.msg7084920

mogonzo

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:13:41 PM

That's incorrect, WC is not in the list of coins in the OP you linked to. WC is no longer in contention for short term removal as far as I know, and we have maintained some volume on bittrex. Bittrex has recently indicated a change in policy when it comes to de-listing as well, we would be given plenty of heads up if we needed to move more volume over there.

surfguy72

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:32:18 PM

That's incorrect, WC is not in the list of coins in the OP you linked to. WC is no longer in contention for short term removal as far as I know, and we have maintained some volume on bittrex. Bittrex has recently indicated a change in policy when it comes to de-listing as well, we would be given plenty of heads up if we needed to move more volume over there.

I'm seeing it on there, I thought we'd stayed them off for awhile.  Either way, just hurt pride from me, loosing bittrex won't break us.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:39:30 PM

OK, did not know a change in policy existed there, thus some communication failures along the way. From the link I went to in reference of this query, I found the following to include WC as of that posting and had thought someone mentioned that previously as well. Good to know the coin is sticking around.

mogonzo

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:50:11 PM

OK, did not know a change in policy existed there, thus some communication failures along the way. From the link I went to in reference of this query, I found the following to include WC as of that posting and had thought someone mentioned that previously as well. Good to know the coin is sticking around.

(W)Right you are! Heh Smiley

Yeah I see it in the replies down there now too. They did consider us for removal but I think once they saw we have an established community, etc, they just quietly took us off the removal list without comment.

asdf55

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:35:31 PM

If we are taking screenshots, I like this one more  Grin

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/cryptsy/wcbtc

surfguy72

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:22:14 PM

If we are taking screenshots, I like this one more  Grin

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/cryptsy/wcbtc

Haha, yay for price jumps if you've bought in, but 700 right to 400 yikes.  And little volume.

A nice slow gradual increase is surfs up!

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:27:07 PM

Are we going to see 5000 satoshi any time soon?

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
Pages: « 1 ... 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 [583] 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 »
  Print  

Jump to: