Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:36:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 [586] 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (WC) | WhiteCoin | BIG NEWS: Foundation, investors & more ☯ whitecoin.info  (Read 759175 times)
mindfox

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Donate to put a smile on my face :)

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 01:21:22 PM

Yes qrk and WC are in the same position. No development pot, no real devs. However active communities already formed and already on the best exchanges and well known.

I'll ask you and the others saying NO. Tell me a negative to the companion coin introduced via WC only IPO?

A negative other than it could be some competition to WC. We've covered that in the qrk thread. I am yet to hear any other.

There are 400 coins already in direct competition with WC, none of those have any potential benefits to WC.

A companion coin is not a way to fork. QRK needs it more than WC since WC already has POS.

However many WC holders will prefer to see WC have a crack at mainstream and not have that hampered by ANON features coded in. WOC will offer lots of benefits with no more negatives than the other 10 coins released today.

The QRK naysayers are yet to provide 1 clear negative of implementing their companion coin. Since the WOC will be sold by the foundation and the WC taken in payment will also be controlled. There is a lot less competition to WC directly in terms of market price than from other alts that will provide nothing in return for WC. WC is getting sold daily back to BTC to purchase coins others see as having a better future ahead. Hence the price slipping down again.

The ipo though can NEVER be via any other method that buying in with WC. Not just a few weeks. It has to be on WC until all the WOC ipo is sold off.

How would it drive anyone away. If there is no negative and lots of potential positives for both coins then why would anyone logically leave WC ? would seem a very strange decision. I would only buy WOC with my WC as things progressed positively in terms of development and activity. I would always keep most of my WC perhaps buying more to switch over to WOC if needs be.

The services and activity brought in by the companion coin would drive demand for both coins. Both coins can take things from each other and jointly use services funded by either one.

Most people listen to blanket statements that break down under closer scrutiny. Let's examine the idea in detail before saying it would be good or bad for WC.

The main issue is do we really have a dev team that can create a working anon coin that is as good as the other top tier ones in development ie xc,dark,cloak etc.  I think with a large enough development pot such developers can be found.

Honestly now, at some point, this community must start seeing things in a realistic way.

There are 3 or 4 major coins atm, that are *still* trying to implement "anonymous", with major support on resources and you are talking about a "working anonymous" solution that a "single dev" will take for a "bounty"?

I'm currently working on one kind of implementation for a coin and as soon as it is ready and working, would be happy to apply it to WC as a "working solution".

Regarding companion coins, I'm strongly against it as it serves no purpose, but of course if the majority wants it, let's make it. But, question yourselves: "Why would anyone want a coin (no matter the name) when that coin offers nothing? "

I honestly think that everybody who cares about this coin and is able to join irc (it's not that hard, even webirc will allow a connection) should arrange a meeting. Let's talk real time and exchange opinions. Fora are not the best available option for this kind of discussion.

Edit: Added some thoughts - comments
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
delphs

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:32:43 PM

Honestly now, at some point, this community must start seeing things in a realistic way.

There are 3 or 4 major coins atm, that are *still* trying to implement "anonymous", with major support on resources and you are talking about a "working anonymous" solution that a "single dev" will take for a "bounty"?

I'm currently working on one kind of implementation for a coin and as soon as it is ready and working, would be happy to apply it to WC as a "working solution".

Regarding companion coins, I'm strongly against it as it serves no purpose, but of course if the majority wants it, let's make it. But, question yourselves: "Why would anyone want a coin (no matter the name) when that coin offers nothing? "

I honestly think that everybody who cares about this coin and is able to join irc (it's not that hard, even webirc will allow a connection) should arrange a meeting. Let's talk real time and exchange opinions. Fora are not the best available option for this kind of discussion.

I wasn'T a fan of the companion coin but understood the reason why, protecting blockchain and code... but if we actually are able to use another coin as a guinea pig then integrate it into WC I'm all for it!

BTC: 1JB4Gq82DM3WUsdkU3TPzU2haFbxCJgJss / WC: WT8gbDPdQUcjDq6gWg9N7w3q4AazUAy3g7 / WDC: WkzvC4YVC3nCzDW9BhFLtWk7YJhtgXQR6G / Addie: delphs Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397706.0
surfguy72

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:56:22 PM

Yes qrk and WC are in the same position. No development pot, no real devs. However active communities already formed and already on the best exchanges and well known.

I'll ask you and the others saying NO. Tell me a negative to the companion coin introduced via WC only IPO?

A negative other than it could be some competition to WC. We've covered that in the qrk thread. I am yet to hear any other.

There are 400 coins already in direct competition with WC, none of those have any potential benefits to WC.

A companion coin is not a way to fork. QRK needs it more than WC since WC already has POS.

However many WC holders will prefer to see WC have a crack at mainstream and not have that hampered by ANON features coded in. WOC will offer lots of benefits with no more negatives than the other 10 coins released today.

The QRK naysayers are yet to provide 1 clear negative of implementing their companion coin. Since the WOC will be sold by the foundation and the WC taken in payment will also be controlled. There is a lot less competition to WC directly in terms of market price than from other alts that will provide nothing in return for WC. WC is getting sold daily back to BTC to purchase coins others see as having a better future ahead. Hence the price slipping down again.

The ipo though can NEVER be via any other method that buying in with WC. Not just a few weeks. It has to be on WC until all the WOC ipo is sold off.

How would it drive anyone away. If there is no negative and lots of potential positives for both coins then why would anyone logically leave WC ? would seem a very strange decision. I would only buy WOC with my WC as things progressed positively in terms of development and activity. I would always keep most of my WC perhaps buying more to switch over to WOC if needs be.

The services and activity brought in by the companion coin would drive demand for both coins. Both coins can take things from each other and jointly use services funded by either one.

Most people listen to blanket statements that break down under closer scrutiny. Let's examine the idea in detail before saying it would be good or bad for WC.

The main issue is do we really have a dev team that can create a working anon coin that is as good as the other top tier ones in development ie xc,dark,cloak etc.  I think with a large enough development pot such developers can be found.

As always, a good voice of reason.

Let us become a community worthy of such developments and when they come, it will be perfect synergy, instead of hype.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
CryptoSEO

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 07:07:01 PM

daily chart indicators show a lot of long term positive divergences, this is going to correct upwards soon, especially with decreasing quantity of coins available for buying, as people move them to their wallets for staking Grin

I was just talking with our partners... VERY interesting development coming...  Grin

WC - WU6UWL8mjj1TMjzzT7CnEL2GDcP1nUsLc3
malbee

Activity: 237

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:26:46 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2014, 10:14:14 PM by malbee

Hi Mindfox, and WC community,

I hope you see my comments as healthy debate because I have much respect for what you and the rest of the team have accomplished.   ...and I have enjoyed the debates we have had previously on this matter in IRC  Cheesy

I would like to add my thoughts on why a companion coin would be a good idea:

• As much as we might not like the idea, WC has something to prove.  And this, for me, is the biggest reason to attempt a companion coin.  A companion coin would bring to light the commitment of the new dev team and the value of community that has been added to WC and WOC.
  • You are right when you say that other coins have attempted to develop anon/privacy with limited success.  That allows room for WC and WOC to fill that void with a successful implementation of that technology.  If you are working on a unique way of implementing that technology, it could prove to be a game changer.  Making a companion coin with this feature also makes the most sense because it adds that feature to the WCF without forever joining it to WC.
  • A companion coin with an IPO model, like those that have been discussed, would have to help WC recover some of it's lost value.

I would like to propose that we move on this sooner rather than later.  Continued debate is good, but debate without end helps no one (at least no one interested in WC).  It's clear that not everyone can be made happy with this topic...but I also believe that those that are committed to this coin will be able to understand whatever direction it goes without threats of mass dumping and other FUD tactics that have been used in the past.
Ownski

Activity: 180

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 11:56:34 PM

Everyone says I don't contribute anything so I took several hours out of my day to make this. I hope everyone likes it. Whitecoin to the moon!

Money is the oldest magic trick in the book.
surfguy72

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:01:55 AM

Everyone says I don't contribute anything so I took several hours out of my day to make this. I hope everyone likes it. Whitecoin to the moon!

Haha too fun

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
surfguy72

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:52:04 AM

I hope you see my comments as healthy debate because I have much respect for what you and the rest of the team have accomplished.   ...and I have enjoyed the debates we have had previously on this matter in IRC  Cheesy

• As much as we might not like the idea, WC has something to prove.  And this, for me, is the biggest reason to attempt a companion coin.  A companion coin would bring to light the commitment of the new dev team and the value of community that has been added to WC and WOC.
  • You are right when you say that other coins have attempted to develop anon/privacy with limited success.  That allows room for WC and WOC to fill that void with a successful implementation of that technology.  If you are working on a unique way of implementing that technology, it could prove to be a game changer.  Making a companion coin with this feature also makes the most sense because it adds that feature to the WCF without forever joining it to WC.
  • A companion coin with an IPO model, like those that have been discussed, would have to help WC recover some of it's lost value.

I would like to propose that we move on this sooner rather than later.  Continued debate is good, but debate without end helps no one (at least no one interested in WC).  It's clear that not everyone can be made happy with this topic...but I also believe that those that are committed to this coin will be able to understand whatever direction it goes without threats of mass dumping and other FUD tactics that have been used in the past.

I agree the discussion needs to continue and want to add a layer to our thinking.  With any unique feature being added how does it fit our long term goals for the coin.  A brand/image we are trying to convey, a long term shot at being a business need, a crypto need and that all in alignment. 

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
mindfox

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 09:44:53 AM

Value has nothing to do with dev team devotion and dedication. That in the business world goes without saying and it's not something that increases the trade value of something.
If that was the case, WC would not drop at all. To my eyes, this is an invalid point

This is more of a wish than a point. Besides, why WOC and not WC getting the features? Why make things more complicated to simple users?

Again a wish. Why would someone get into any IPO for a new coin, that it's sole purpose is to support the price of another coin? I really don't get it.

Sure, nobody wants to stall. But, till now, points given (not only from you) are not convincing (imho) and are only to generate hype. With hype, you only get something for a small period of time and when the dust settles, you're left with more bug holders than true investors.

What is the purpose of WC in reality? What do you want from it? To rise in price and sell it? Then drop again so you can buy cheap then rise again so you can profit again?
Isn't it obvious that for you to profit, someone has to lose? And that someone is in this community also? That way, nobody will be happy, right?
So, again: what are you investing to? Profit from exchange trading or from long term adaptation?
Khelgaar

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

"If you are going through hell, keep going"-Sir WC

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:50:41 AM

Hi everyone, something occurred to me ... Did we had a debate about the fonts that will be used officially in the promotion and advertising of the coin? I see the circulation of different fonts and colors on multiple sites ...  Wink

It would be good to uniformed all the sites with the same logo and fonts. This is because the future marketing and the use of the logo for various purposes ... Making banners, advertising and promotional materials (t-shirts, caps, various accessory ...), all future ideas on paper wallet, VC credit card ... etc..

just the tought  Smiley

Cheers
B.
mogonzo

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:18:13 AM

Value has nothing to do with dev team devotion and dedication. That in the business world goes without saying and it's not something that increases the trade value of something.
If that was the case, WC would not drop at all. To my eyes, this is an invalid point

This is more of a wish than a point. Besides, why WOC and not WC getting the features? Why make things more complicated to simple users?

Again a wish. Why would someone get into any IPO for a new coin, that it's sole purpose is to support the price of another coin? I really don't get it.

Sure, nobody wants to stall. But, till now, points given (not only from you) are not convincing (imho) and are only to generate hype. With hype, you only get something for a small period of time and when the dust settles, you're left with more bug holders than true investors.

What is the purpose of WC in reality? What do you want from it? To rise in price and sell it? Then drop again so you can buy cheap then rise again so you can profit again?
Isn't it obvious that for you to profit, someone has to lose? And that someone is in this community also? That way, nobody will be happy, right?
So, again: what are you investing to? Profit from exchange trading or from long term adaptation?

Mindfox, the purpose of the IPO is not to artificially prop up WC but to ensure that if we did do WOC, the value from that and WC would average out together as one.

Also, that notion of "someone has to loose" for the price to rise or fall, that is not really very economically sound. Everyone looses if development of WC stops, and what we're trying to do here is brainstorm as a community as to what we can do next.

President - The WhiteCoin Foundation | contact: chris@whitecoin.info
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196

Fibre Knight

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 12:02:53 PM

The main issue is do we really have a dev team that can create a working anon coin that is as good as the other top tier ones in development ie xc,dark,cloak etc.  I think with a large enough development pot such developers can be found.

Thanks. There are more than a few of us that have the same position and feeling about introducing yet another coin. At that point, might as well detach from WC and consider it just another crap coin, because that is all you are really doing. Nothing innovated about that process. What does have promise is the notion of a coin "framework" that is modular in design, works with other alts and have the ability to support things like trading from inside the wallet, games inside the wallet, social media inside the wallet, everything, inside the wallet...

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
mindfox

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 01:11:13 PM

Thanks. There are more than a few of us that have the same position and feeling about introducing yet another coin. At that point, might as well detach from WC and consider it just another crap coin, because that is all you are really doing. Nothing innovated about that process. What does have promise is the notion of a coin "framework" that is modular in design, works with other alts and have the ability to support things like trading from inside the wallet, games inside the wallet, social media inside the wallet, everything, inside the wallet...

Either you misunderstood what I posted or you are trying to twist what I wrote.

What I wrote, is that further development should be on WC (in my opinion), because having a companion coin would bring, as you very well say, an average. Which means that there will be effort for 2 coins and we will only get the average results from both, giving double the effort (either as the dev team, or as the community in whole).

If you think that innovation make a coin usable, I completely disagree. On the contrary, constant innovation make ordinary users afraid and eventually give up. Unless we find very creative ways of doing all that and keep the same simple interface. That's food for thoughts.

Now, help me understand something. Are you a supporter of the "framework" that will integrate with games, social media, trading and whatnot, or against it?
I can't reply to your position on this.
Ownski

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:49:54 PM

+1

tevayo

Activity: 620

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:50:42 PM

The commitment and how much discussion by WOC!
I personally am not in favor of it, any currency you need a "partner" is going to see is a failure, you imagine "BTC partner"
  or "LTC partner"?
Mindfox says it is working on improvements that can be applied to WC, let it take place and concentrate our efforts on promoting WC on every possible level. The current price of WC is so difficult for the beginning we had and we are already overwhelmed, currently the WC works PERFECT wallet, rethinks and syncs with no problem.
I suggest to get it over with WOC controversy, it is believed a vote, just yes or no, but being consistent in the way to do it,
to prevent it from being tampered by anybody. To make it transparent and proportional voting (would not be fair to have the same voting power which has invested $ 10 that it has invested $ 10,000) is as simple as crediting the WCs held by each voter. 30,000,000 you have? Your vote is worth 10%, you have your vote is worth 30,000 0.01%. I think it's the only clean way to end this and start making decisions (I have the feeling that this uncertainty and lack of decision-making) is that is holding a toilet.
I also suggest finding ways to endow work because WCF Mogonzo, Mindfox, Oizopower etc ... should be rewarded.
cassius69

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:00:32 PM

you guys are still here flogging the shadow the of the inkspot of the dead horse that was once whitecoin?  Grin

you guys are commited. (to a mental hospital prolly)

surfguy72

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:17:58 PM

Mindfox says it is working on improvements that can be applied to WC, let it take place and concentrate our efforts on promoting WC on every possible level. The current price of WC is so difficult for the beginning we had and we are already overwhelmed, currently the WC works PERFECT wallet, rethinks and syncs with no problem.

Right now, that tends to match my best thinking. There's alot of people in WhiteCoin's sphere, and it takes more structure and coordination to make best use of all those talents.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
cassius69

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:20:43 PM

haha. my comment was not fud. just a statement on the mindset of people still holding the bags on wc.  Grin

good luck with your investment fellas. i know you need a break and i hope you get one  Grin

Ownski

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:29:51 PM

haha. my comment was not fud. just a statement on the mindset of people still holding the bags on wc.  Grin

good luck with your investment fellas. i know you need a break and i hope you get one  Grin

warren buffet said 10k satoshi next week, joke is on you!

cassius69

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:32:47 PM

that image says 'warrent buffet' like what happens when you get arrested for eating too much  Grin

Pages: « 1 ... 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 [586] 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 »
  Print  

Jump to: