Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 07:36:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 [597] 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (WC) | WhiteCoin | BIG NEWS: Foundation, investors & more ☯ whitecoin.info  (Read 759182 times)
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Fibre Knight

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:01:21 PM

I wanted to add 1 more important enhancement to Whitecoin that I think warrants further technical review:

- Decrease confirmation times, aiming for sub 30 seconds which will enable Whitecoin to become much more suitable for fast transactions to support future mobile commerce (yes we would also want a mobile wallet but that putting the horse before the buggy so I think).

Whitespeed

I like "Whitespeed"
+1

yes that sounds good, maybe we get it when mindfox is ready with scryptcoin and other coins

He did make a guest appearance, so we still have hope but considering all the other profitable coins, just may not have the time. Looks like we are going to need to find another DEV. Good news is we still have a copy of the original code for which to start working. All that is needed are funds...

we can ask the PR team for that, oh wait he is also working for another coin as well.

Too funny!  Grin

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
Banger42

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:03:05 PM

Everyone has their own strategies, some take 5% and play on the markets, others use it all and longterm investors just take and stake Smiley

Of course we understand day trading BUT... we also understand manipulators wanting to get more WC (back) that was taken from them at higher prices than current market prices - fortunate for Whitecoin, its now locked in wallets out of the hands of manipulators ;p

If you want WC to replace what is now in strong hands, buy up  Grin  want to dump and play that game, risk losing even more WC to strong hands  Cool

how to you adjust the amount your wallet is staking???

You cannot adjust like other wallets that have this feature. This is a basic clone copy and hasn't been update in a long time.

Stop fuding, its boring!
Banger42

Activity: 379

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:07:24 PM

whitesnake is a perfect name  Grin

All fudsters are together today !? I ask my self for the reason ... are you fuding for fear of something? Maybe some news, maybe the new wallet release, maybe rising prices with the fudsters on the sideline? I dont know, but maybe we know it soon  Grin
Banger
mogonzo

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:22:58 PM

Hey Everyone,

Just as an update, I was out of town this week as my partner had a death in the family and we had to make a 12 hour road trip for the funeral. I'm back home now and all is well, and to clarify, I was not working on any other coins. The only crypto work I did this week was to make sure chunky did regular payouts.

If anything, I hope this shows everyone that our work to create true responsible decentralization in the management of this coin works. We all still have lives to live, and especially given recent events in my own life I think it's very important we encourage members of the ops team to balance their time working with a healthy amount of personal time. We don't want to risk people burning out as we saw during the initial crisis that brought us all together.

I'm going to be doing lots of laundry and catching up on real life here in Halifax today, more updates to come this week.

All the best,

Chris

President - The WhiteCoin Foundation | contact: chris@whitecoin.info
Nexby

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:24:35 PM

Timeline & Roadmap

June 25th-29th: Commmunity discussion and planning
June 30th - July 3rd: Target window for Pre-Ann thread and website launches
July 5th - 8th: Target window for the launch of our IPO and official Ann thread
July 25th - 31st: Target window for launch of WhiteOutCoin

welcome back Mogonzo, i am sorry to here that.
but can you answers this please...
did i miss it? or did it fail befor it start? somebody know?
mogonzo

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:37:12 PM

Timeline & Roadmap

Hey Nexby,

Very fair question and thanks for the good wishes. In a later post we extended community discussion as the concept of a companion coin was not favourable to all of our investors and I also felt it was very healthy for us to do more brainstorming. Currently, I believe the discussion has turned away from doing a companion coin and integrating these features directly into WC. This will probably take us extra time to accomplish, and I'm hoping to have an update for everyone on that front in the next day or two.

All the best,

Chris

Nexby

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:43:53 PM

Timeline & Roadmap

Hey Nexby,

Very fair question and thanks for the good wishes. In a later post we extended community discussion as the concept of a companion coin was not favourable to all of our investors and I also felt it was very healthy for us to do more brainstorming. Currently, I believe the discussion has turned away from doing a companion coin and integrating these features directly into WC. This will probably take us extra time to accomplish, and I'm hoping to have an update for everyone on that front in the next day or two.

All the best,

Chris

Thank you for your answer Chris, so when i understand this right it means: Lets wait till mindfox is ready with other coins and then he will maybe add some features.
What do you think about hiring new devs? That will work project after project and not all at ones.
mogonzo

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:48:52 PM

Timeline & Roadmap

Hey Nexby,

All the best,

Chris

Thank you for your answer Chris, so when i understand this right it means: Lets wait till mindfox is ready with other coins and then he will maybe add some features.
What do you think about hiring new devs? That will work project after project and not all at ones.

Actually, Mindfox has been working very hard for us on a new wallet for us. We extended community discussion not because of Mindfox's time commitments but due to it being clear to us that the community wanted more time to discuss. As I understand it, modifying WC to add a privacy feature would take more work than creating a compainon coin, but I could be wrong. I do believe it is worth exploring to see if we can get Mindfox some additional help, though I'm going to check in and get a report from the ops team before I make any further comment on that.

All the best,

Chris

Nexby

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:58:46 PM

Timeline & Roadmap

Hey Nexby,

All the best,

Chris

Actually, Mindfox has been working very hard for us on a new wallet for us. We extended community discussion not because of Mindfox's time commitments but due to it being clear to us that the community wanted more time to discuss. As I understand it, modifying WC to add a privacy feature would take more work than creating a compainon coin, but I could be wrong. I do believe it is worth exploring to see if we can get Mindfox some additional help, though I'm going to check in and get a report from the ops team before I make any further comment on that.

All the best,

Chris

I know he do a lot and I appreciate that.
You are right, it would be more work to implement things then make a new one.
But do not miss the facts. Nothing happend since months (on the software side). Even a simple logo change is to much. So please speak with the ops team and be realistic when you do that.

There are other people that want to change things, as well.

I also think we should hire a new dev that can speed things up.

With recent elite coin scandal things do not feel so good in the alt scene.

Soon I will have to sell my 13 mill wc to go back to bitcoin and loose my 30 btc as I paid much more for my wc then current value because I don't see anyone concentrating on the coin but only concentrating on crypto politics.  May as well just be back in the bitcoin camp for that.

How much does it cost to hire new dev?

1 million wc?   5 million wc? 10 million?
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:12:03 PM

whitesnake is a perfect name  Grin

All fudsters are together today !? I ask my self for the reason ... are you fuding for fear of something? Maybe some news, maybe the new wallet release, maybe rising prices with the fudsters on the sideline? I dont know, but maybe we know it soon  Grin
Banger

Dude, we are not spreading fear, uncertainty or doubt. What we are saying is a new wallet has been promised for about several months, and just the other day it sounded like it was going to be another several months with all the cool ideas floating around. Fact is, the wallet has not come out, there have been no solid technical improvements, and the price is no different because you folks are not getting new investors based on the reasons we have stated. I really don't know why you think we are trying to do anything other than expose the truth as a community. But continue to blabber on about how bad we are as it only solidifies our position.

mogonzo

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:23:19 PM

All fudsters are together today !? I ask my self for the reason ... are you fuding for fear of something? Maybe some news, maybe the new wallet release, maybe rising prices with the fudsters on the sideline? I dont know, but maybe we know it soon  Grin
Banger

Dude, we are not spreading fear, uncertainty or doubt. What we are saying is a new wallet has been promised for about several months, and just the other day it sounded like it was going to be another several months with all the cool ideas floating around. Fact is, the wallet has not come out, there have been no solid technical improvements, and the price is no different because you folks are not getting new investors based on the reasons we have stated. I really don't know why you think we are trying to do anything other than expose the truth as a community. But continue to blabber on about how bad we are as it only solidifies our position.

Hey,

I do believe you're well intentioned WhiteNotWright, but sometimes you have a tendency to over exagerate. For example, while I do agree the wallet is way too late on delivery, WhiteCoin hasn't even existed for several months, we've been around about three now. The last wallet update was in May, and I think mindfox didn't want to just do an update with the logo on it, he wants to do more. A noble goal that has also presented us with some short term problems. I also think that's not fair or true about new investors, just look at what our Vice President has accomplished in that regard. Considering you've also openly admitted to trying to keep the price at 100 sat or below in the past (so your group can accumulate cheap), I also think that's not fair. We have made substantial technical improvements to whitecoin since the foundation took over. Some coins go much longer between wallet updates (look at potcoin, still successful despite low technical improvements).

That said, the reality is we do need these issues raised, they are important, and the purpose of the foundation is to keep us all accountable to eachother and the wider industry. You are 100% correct that the wallet should be out by now, and it's not, and that's an important issue to raise. But sometimes WNW you have a tendency to raise the alarm bells in a way that seems as though you're trying to convince people to leave our community, and I think that's where people (incorrectly) throw the FUD finger at you.

I'd encourage both you, and your detractors to give that some thought. We need alarms raised when there are problems. But we also need to all be working together to solve them. WhiteNotWright, would you commit to assisting and joining us on the operations side, even just as an advisor? Or perhaps be willing to (like many others), pony up a bit so we can get Mindfox the help he needs?

Best,

Chris

WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:32:05 PM

All fudsters are together today !? I ask my self for the reason ... are you fuding for fear of something? Maybe some news, maybe the new wallet release, maybe rising prices with the fudsters on the sideline? I dont know, but maybe we know it soon  Grin
Banger

Hey,

I do believe you're well intentioned WhiteNotWright, but sometimes you have a tendency to over exagerate. For example, while I do agree the wallet is way too late on delivery, WhiteCoin hasn't even existed for several months, we've been around about three now. The last wallet update was in May, and I think mindfox didn't want to just do an update with the logo on it, he wants to do more. A noble goal that has also presented us with some short term problems. I also think that's not fair or true about new investors, just look at what our Vice President has accomplished in that regard. Considering you've also openly admitted to trying to keep the price at 100 sat or below in the past (so your group can accumulate cheap), I also think that's not fair. We have made substantial technical improvements to whitecoin since the foundation took over. Some coins go much longer between wallet updates (look at potcoin, still successful despite low technical improvements).

That said, the reality is we do need these issues raised, they are important, and the purpose of the foundation is to keep us all accountable to eachother and the wider industry. You are 100% correct that the wallet should be out by now, and it's not, and that's an important issue to raise. But sometimes WNW you have a tendency to raise the alarm bells in a way that seems as though you're trying to convince people to leave our community, and I think that's where people (incorrectly) throw the FUD finger at you.

I'd encourage both you, and your detractors to give that some thought. We need alarms raised when there are problems. But we also need to all be working together to solve them. WhiteNotWright, would you commit to assisting and joining us on the operations side, even just as an advisor? Or perhaps be willing to (like many others), pony up a bit so we can get Mindfox the help he needs?

Best,

Chris

Fair enough and sorry for your unfortunate events. I will evaluate my approach and try to be a little more smooth in my stated concerns. Not sure I ever manipulated the price at 100, but often that is done as a part of normal traded which I do from time to time, when I see there are folks wanting to buy coin. I am getting ready to make another healthy purchase because I have faith in the coin and the community and new members are starting to show signs of progress. Maybe it's my fault for not getting that big "bump" in here that is needed, but to do that takes a lot of skin and not sure folks are ready to go balls deep without some type of timeline and deliverable. Also, someone mentioned how much is it going to take to get a DEV working on the coin full time with an attitude because they would have funds to do the work and a potential return on investment of the coin. I think if this accounting and work was all transparent, you would have no issue with funding.

mogonzo

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:05:36 PM

Banger

Hey,

Best,

Chris

Fair enough and sorry for your unfortunate events. I will evaluate my approach and try to be a little more smooth in my stated concerns. Not sure I ever manipulated the price at 100, but often that is done as a part of normal traded which I do from time to time, when I see there are folks wanting to buy coin. I am getting ready to make another healthy purchase because I have faith in the coin and the community and new members are starting to show signs of progress. Maybe it's my fault for not getting that big "bump" in here that is needed, but to do that takes a lot of skin and not sure folks are ready to go balls deep without some type of timeline and deliverable. Also, someone mentioned how much is it going to take to get a DEV working on the coin full time with an attitude because they would have funds to do the work and a potential return on investment of the coin. I think if this accounting and work was all transparent, you would have no issue with funding.

I appreciate that man, I'm going to do the same. I know I've been too harsh with you at times and for that I apologize. I may have also misread some of your posts about the price. That is a really fair comment about having the skin to make that bump, it's something I've never felt comfortable asking our investors to do.

You're absolutely right about the accounting work. Previously I've said I think we should use all of the 90 day grace period provided by the government to operate before filing our finalized paperwork, but to facilitate more accountability I've been recently thinking we should speed and finalize that process. Combined with finally instituting the general assembly (I intend to work very hard to see that happen in August), I believe we'll have the framework in place to provide the necessary trust platform for substantial investment into the foundation and thus whitecoin. Most important for our current conversation, when we're in a voting assembly people won't be able to cry FUD against valid concerns. Anyone in attendance will be demonstrating they've put their money where there mouth is (so to speak).

I've come home from this trip with a renewed determination to see these projects completed so we can move into the next phases. I need to step offline for a bit but I'll reach out to you by tomorrow.

All the best,

Chris

WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:30:39 PM

Banger

Hey,

Best,

Chris

I appreciate that man, I'm going to do the same. I know I've been too harsh with you at times and for that I apologize. I may have also misread some of your posts about the price. That is a really fair comment about having the skin to make that bump, it's something I've never felt comfortable asking our investors to do.

You're absolutely right about the accounting work. Previously I've said I think we should use all of the 90 day grace period provided by the government to operate before filing our finalized paperwork, but to facilitate more accountability I've been recently thinking we should speed and finalize that process. Combined with finally instituting the general assembly (I intend to work very hard to see that happen in August), I believe we'll have the framework in place to provide the necessary trust platform for substantial investment into the foundation and thus whitecoin. Most important for our current conversation, when we're in a voting assembly people won't be able to cry FUD against valid concerns. Anyone in attendance will be demonstrating they've put their money where there mouth is (so to speak).

I've come home from this trip with a renewed determination to see these projects completed so we can move into the next phases. I need to step offline for a bit but I'll reach out to you by tomorrow.

All the best,

Chris

+1

PatioCrasher

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:54:02 PM

How much does mindfox want to make this priority above shit scam coins (elite)Huh??!?
PatioCrasher

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:02:03 PM

How much does mindfox want to make this priority above shit scam coins (elite)Huh??!?

I would love to see the foundation step up and let us know how much things cost so we can get things done quicker .. IMO transparency and community coin means we raise bounty , hire, implement. 

If enough funds for something then it goes forward.  If not enough funds raised then clearly community does not want. That is only way to get community to put money where their mouth is and find out what we really want.

Not wait until a dev graciously throws us a bone after working a million other coins in between.

surfguy72

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 10:35:41 PM

Hey Everyone,

Just as an update, I was out of town this week as my partner had a death in the family and we had to make a 12 hour road trip for the funeral. I'm back home now and all is well, and to clarify, I was not working on any other coins. The only crypto work I did this week was to make sure chunky did regular payouts.

If anything, I hope this shows everyone that our work to create true responsible decentralization in the management of this coin works. We all still have lives to live, and especially given recent events in my own life I think it's very important we encourage members of the ops team to balance their time working with a healthy amount of personal time. We don't want to risk people burning out as we saw during the initial crisis that brought us all together.

I'm going to be doing lots of laundry and catching up on real life here in Halifax today, more updates to come this week.

All the best,

Chris

Welcome back Chris!

My thoughts have been with you, I've got 4 members in my extended family dealing with cancer, heart conditions and the such so I can empathize.  Family is number one.

Looking forward to catching up and continue fighting the good fight  Grin

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
delphs

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:45:56 PM

I would love to see the foundation step up and let us know how much things cost so we can get things done quicker .. IMO transparency and community coin means we raise bounty , hire, implement. 

If enough funds for something then it goes forward.  If not enough funds raised then clearly community does not want. That is only way to get community to put money where their mouth is and find out what we really want.

Not wait until a dev graciously throws us a bone after working a million other coins in between.

Love who you quote your own post, real smooth... Do you feel like paying for a new dev? I know it's crypto but technically whitecoin doesn't grows on trees!

IMO the foundation shouldn't spend money on hiring a new dev for 2 main reason, if he's free that means is probably no experienced enough, it's hard to get quality people, most of them have projects on their own and no one pays enough to work full time. the best crypto dev out there most have a day job, that's what slows things down. Secondly, new dev will need to learn about WC code and play catch up on what's in the works. This basically slow things down and at the end you probably don't save any time at all, just wasted money.

BTC: 1JB4Gq82DM3WUsdkU3TPzU2haFbxCJgJss / WC: WT8gbDPdQUcjDq6gWg9N7w3q4AazUAy3g7 / WDC: WkzvC4YVC3nCzDW9BhFLtWk7YJhtgXQR6G / Addie: delphs Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397706.0
Oizopower

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:12:34 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2014, 01:35:27 AM by Oizopower

Banger

Hey,

Best,

Chris

Just to add some extra information regarding the new wallet, yes it has been way overdue. But to be honest i personally postponed the release on the logo / skin update. I was not satisfied how the complete wallet looked like as a final result (yes it was already completed), so i designed a new one myself. If we do the things we need to do then we need to do them right and be proud of the product we deliver.

Yes it should be released already, but redoing a complete skin takes time and has some new obstacles for mindfox. I personally am no wallet developer so i cannot do this task but only give advice and try to help  Mindfox where i can. I needed to discuss many things on the design if things are possible or not. But i'm sure he can get my design results done.

Due to my vacation (which is still going on) I have not been in sync with mindfox and the team.  but I will get an update from Mindfox soon.

http://www.richlist.eu for all your cryptocoin distribution list
PatioCrasher

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:05:51 AM

Love who you quote your own post, real smooth... Do you feel like paying for a new dev? I know it's crypto but technically whitecoin doesn't grows on trees!

IMO the foundation shouldn't spend money on hiring a new dev for 2 main reason, if he's free that means is probably no experienced enough, it's hard to get quality people, most of them have projects on their own and no one pays enough to work full time. the best crypto dev out there most have a day job, that's what slows things down. Secondly, new dev will need to learn about WC code and play catch up on what's in the works. This basically slow things down and at the end you probably don't save any time at all, just wasted money.

I would gladly pay for a new dev it meant getting my 30 btc loss back
Pages: « 1 ... 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 [597] 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 »
  Print  

Jump to: