Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:12:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 [604] 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (WC) | WhiteCoin | BIG NEWS: Foundation, investors & more ☯ whitecoin.info  (Read 759182 times)
Prototyp

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 10:26:29 PM

Because I believe in a significant increase when the coin is further developed.
maxcan

Activity: 117
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 10:31:27 PM

they aren't planning on developing it lol.

save yourself some grief and don't buy more...
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196

Fibre Knight

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 10:52:26 PM

I would like to move that the WCF invest in the deep investigation of a privacy function, thereby defining and implementing a Privacy function for Whitecoin.  Personally I believe that TOR is the least path to resistance with numerous examples to follow however, this deep review by Mindfox and other developers needs to start upon vetting of kick starting the Privacy project. 

My Vote = YES to Privacy Function

To further support the development of a Privacy function, Shair.com will be donating to the privacy project and once the WCF determines the approx efforts required, WCF creates the bounty, allocates % of its current donation wallet to the privacy project, additional donations can then be accepted and allocated this project with a donation by Shair.  I suspect that raising funds to cover this project shouldn't be an issue.

Other Items:

1. Shair.com is in the final stages of reviewing the legalities for its Community Investment Award, looking to provide an update early next week.  The current framework will  support the Community and WCF, just need the lawyers to sign off on it.

2. Shair.com would like to put forth that in addition to Privacy, that the WCF/Community consider smart contracts - the blockchain is where real innovation, value and differentiation is, Shair will support this process provided the Community decides that the investment to "smartify" the Whitecoin Network, is a path to follow.  Shair believes that this is the future (innovation of the blockchain) and would like to begin the process of evaluating the process of defining how this can be accomplished with Whitecoin, if the Community/WCF agree.

On behalf of Shair.com we look forward to supporting the growth of the Community, Whitecoin and The Whitecoin Foundation for the longterm.  Our initial investment has already been made (yes we are staking) with the very real potential of much more to follow as we continue to evaluate the path the community and WCF takes, in addition to the support of the community for Whitecoin, initiated projects and acceptance of Whitecoin by our interested Investors, Customers and Associates.

Jason Arnold
COO - Shair.com
VP The Whitecoin Foundation

Jason,

As always your presence and ideas are very welcomed.  I believe looking into utilizing the TOR network is an excellent idea, and I also believe with you, if a budget is prepared for implementation, there will be support in the community.

Recent articles revolving around bitcoin's blockchain have also been discussed, why not put that power to use.  The ability to utilize the power (POS) and the blockchain itself provides synergy where we (and almost every coin) has wastes.

Thanks Surfguy,

I wanted to add 1 more important enhancement to Whitecoin that I think warrants further technical review:

- Decrease confirmation times, aiming for sub 30 seconds which will enable Whitecoin to become much more suitable for fast transactions to support future mobile commerce (yes we would also want a mobile wallet but that putting the horse before the buggy so I think).

+3  Grin

1. Privacy = YES
2. Smart Network = YES
3. Decreased Conf Time = YES

I keep mining, taking, staking and buying, WC has my full support!  This is going in a fantastic direction  Cool

Just another bump Tongue

So much great news are mentioned here Wink

Mindfox already said if the community wanted ANON function that after he finished it on another coin (tried/tested/mistakes made with them not us) that he would implement it in WC - ONLY IF - the community actually wanted it at that point.  That means that WC could have ANON if we decided to when its ready.

In the meanwhile, nobody interested in the above ideas? (Privacy, Smart Network, Decreased Conf Time)
- Ive only seen a couple people say that decreased conf times +1

I think these ideas would be universally accepted...  We just rarely hear from the dev team to give us an idea as to what is possible, time frames, and if necessary, any capital that needs to be raised to build these functions.  Until a discussion is had with Mindfox at the center, these ideas get tossed around, and nothing sticks. 

The few times I've interacted with Mindfox I get accused of being a pump and dumper because I think WC should be worth more than its current levels.  I think development of any kind is necessary to help us shake the stigma that we were left with from the prior dev team.  If Mindfox is too busy, than let's get someone to work on this coin.  I think we can raise money to pay them for their time, and have all of this done under Mindfox's direct supervision.   

Bump my own post... Smiley

I will say that surfguy72 has been getting it done...ideas like this Android wallet...while not my first choice of items to check off the list, at least it's something that we can move on.  Still no input, direction, leadership from Mindfox...I'm finding that increasingly disappointing...  And if it is for good reasons, and I have no reason to think it's not.  Than no hard feelings, let Mindfox stay as involved as he can, but can we please find a developer that will work on this coin, and work with the community to help this coin reach...if not it's full potential...than at least it's prior potential.

I don't think you can triple bump and double bump...

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
surfguy72

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 11:50:51 PM

they aren't planning on developing it lol.

save yourself some grief and don't buy more...

Oh yes we are  Grin

Do as you please but clear lies are not tollerated

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
maxcan

Activity: 117

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 12:10:40 AM

Oh yes we are  Grin

what kind then? that will set this apart from any other?
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 12:31:21 AM

Oh yes we are  Grin

The kind of coin that can handle any FUD folks throw at it and trust me, I have vetted it completely. Listen, the coin should have been called BTC (for bitch coin) but that was already taken, because it has seriously been treated like one, but this puppy is true to it's master, the community. Have a look around, feel free to read through previous post of all the folks trying to keep her down. No worries. You see, what most people fail to understand is shit coins come and go and rare is it to find one the average joe can afford to get their paws into before the premines and pnd's start to clean it. No, you go ahead and keep pumping the questions, but honestly they most likely have already been addressed. A pro tip for you and don't take it the wrong way, but to release what is going on completely would be like handing over the keys to the candy store for other coins before it's ready to be shaired.

surfguy72

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 01:33:51 AM

Oh yes we are  Grin

Please see previous posts.  But for the most unique, I like the copyright protection shair.com is providing via the block chain.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
surfguy72

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 02:33:22 AM

here we go, mintpal supply dropped sub 20m Grin

And we are approaching block 100000, a milestone in our journey!

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
surfguy72

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 10:49:13 PM

Centralized Android Wallet Proposal
Cost: 0.7 BTC

Hello!

I have been approached by an Android Developer (affiliated with coinlabs.org) to create AND host a WhiteCoin wallet service.  At the end of this post is examples of their works.  Having an android wallet app service would allow transfers on the go, enable users with little to no experience within crypto to utilize Whitecoin, and increase adoption of WhiteCoin's use (among other benefits,) growing our offering of products.  MintPal as of today is around 20M coins in wallet.  We may be gaining attention soon if we reach a true tipping point.

The challenge for our community would be to raise the appropriate funds outside of what we currently have in the WCF wallets.  If this idea is popular enough, the funds could be easily raised.  If it is not popular enough at this time, then no harm to anyone.  This would be the first time (to my knowledge) we would use a direct crowdfunding technique for a specific feature enhancement.  It seems we all want to speed up the blockchain and this will be a huge benefit to mobile users of the wallet.

What I request of you on this:

1.) Is this something that we want for WhiteCoin?
2.) Is this something you (yes you!) are willing to help support financially?

Please reply back to the forum, or PM me if you want (i'll keep all names private) if you support this idea, and if you CAN support this idea with your hard earned funds.

Examples of their work:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.coinlabs.blazecoin
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.coinlabs.vericoinwallet

This price sets the ceiling, if this talent exists within the community, please let us know Smiley

I'm looking in the Android market and am not seeing any crypto app with any significant downloads, can someone prove me wrong?  I'm starting to wonder if funds shouldn't just be gathered to facilitate the developments previously mentioned

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
malbee

Activity: 237

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 10:55:20 PM

I'm looking in the Android market and am not seeing any crypto app with any significant downloads, can someone prove me wrong?  I'm starting to wonder if funds shouldn't just be gathered to facilitate the developments previously mentioned

I'm thinking the same thing...let's prioritize one of the other suggestions and move on that for now.  It's good to know it can be done, but probably not as important as finding someone to work on the other ideas we have come up with.
blitzkitten

Activity: 483
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 02:11:24 AM

I'm thinking the same thing...let's prioritize one of the other suggestions and move on that for now.  It's good to know it can be done, but probably not as important as finding someone to work on the other ideas we have come up with.

yeah second that, definitely think we should have a fundraising address even if it has no direct mandate, as long as it's transparent (obviously)
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 02:59:36 AM

yeah second that, definitely think we should have a fundraising address even if it has no direct mandate, as long as it's transparent (obviously)

yep

tevayo

Activity: 620

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 01:24:34 PM

Currently we have no one to work on new ideas or funds to finance it. If we do not get serious about these issues, immobility eventually affect the currency.
surfguy72

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 02:28:20 PM

Currently we have no one to work on new ideas or funds to finance it. If we do not get serious about these issues, immobility eventually affect the currency.

Hey Tevayo,

We do have some funds saved up, and I do agree with a previous statement on fundraising for development.  The WhiteCoin fund address is WdPskLzGkjXkSns3BgkRF5fW5SveTBS7tR with about 650,000 WC raised.  I also believe we have a small balance in BTC around .05 BTC.  So at least we aren't starting from zero Smiley  I'll need to see that we are current with any bounties paid for any of the previous developments before we can say that these funds are for upcoming developments.   Apart of these funds/funds raised should be to reward those who are working on our current GUI Wallet update.

What do you guys feel is the best way to proceed?  We can just "have at it" and donate to the the known WCF addresses, or, we could create WC and BTC addresses for specific development ideas.  Of course, concurrently, we need to find out what is going to cost what.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
tevayo

Activity: 620

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 03:28:37 PM

Hey Tevayo,

We do have some funds saved up, and I do agree with a previous statement on fundraising for development.  The WhiteCoin fund address is WdPskLzGkjXkSns3BgkRF5fW5SveTBS7tR with about 650,000 WC raised.  I also believe we have a small balance in BTC around .05 BTC.  So at least we aren't starting from zero Smiley  I'll need to see that we are current with any bounties paid for any of the previous developments before we can say that these funds are for upcoming developments.   Apart of these funds/funds raised should be to reward those who are working on our current GUI Wallet update.

What do you guys feel is the best way to proceed?  We can just "have at it" and donate to the the known WCF addresses, or, we could create WC and BTC addresses for specific development ideas.  Of course, concurrently, we need to find out what is going to cost what.

Hey surfguy72, have been weeks discussing the improvements we want to WC, the reduction of time confirmation with privacy have been the most demanded. I think we should now be more specific and ask Mindfox a quote and an ETA for that.
656000 WCs in the bottom of the WCF is a pittance, and we should all donate more to bring out everything we want, but it seems that people want free stuff done. Or can also be the serpent biting its tail:
Do not donate because they do not make improvements or
improvements are not made because they do not donate?
Anyway we should fix that.
surfguy72

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 03:49:36 PM

Hey Tevayo,

Hey surfguy72, have been weeks discussing the improvements we want to WC, the reduction of time confirmation with privacy have been the most demanded. I think we should now be more specific and ask Mindfox a quote and an ETA for that.
656000 WCs in the bottom of the WCF is a pittance, and we should all donate more to bring out everything we want, but it seems that people want free stuff done. Or can also be the serpent biting its tail:

Ahh very interesting remark "the serpent biting its tail" Googled that and it gave me the Ouroboros.  Very interesting.

I'm engaging with him on on IRC right now, however he's mindfox_work right now, so patience will be the virtue.

I've got some money earmarked for this as well, and I agree.  We need a realistic action plan, budgets, expectations, timelines and the like.  I want to make sure though we are engaging the entire team in this and no being the Ouroboros.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
malbee

Activity: 237

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 04:31:25 PM

Hey Tevayo,

First, I've been asking Mindfox to lead us through the different options for a couple weeks now, both in here and IRC.  I hate to be "that guy" but it is time for some constructive criticism in an area where the community is demanding some attention.  These ideas get bantered about, but until Mindfox gives us some direction (specifics on which idea is most likely to succeed....cost and time estimates) we will continue to flounder. 

Second, I have some experience with fund raising.  And the "just give to a big/non-specific pot of funds" does not work.  We need to pick a project...have concrete feature/time/cost expectations clearly defined...and then raise money for that project.  This community will rally behind that idea and come up with funds - I have no doubt about that. 
surfguy72

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 04:45:15 PM

I'm looking in the Android market and am not seeing any crypto app with any significant downloads, can someone prove me wrong?  I'm starting to wonder if funds shouldn't just be gathered to facilitate the developments previously mentioned

I'm thinking the same thing...let's prioritize one of the other suggestions and move on that for now.  It's good to know it can be done, but probably not as important as finding someone to work on the other ideas we have come up with.

Hey Tevayo,

We do have some funds saved up, and I do agree with a previous statement on fundraising for development.  The WhiteCoin fund address is WdPskLzGkjXkSns3BgkRF5fW5SveTBS7tR with about 650,000 WC raised.  I also believe we have a small balance in BTC around .05 BTC.  So at least we aren't starting from zero Smiley  I'll need to see that we are current with any bounties paid for any of the previous developments before we can say that these funds are for upcoming developments.   Apart of these funds/funds raised should be to reward those who are working on our current GUI Wallet update.

What do you guys feel is the best way to proceed?  We can just "have at it" and donate to the the known WCF addresses, or, we could create WC and BTC addresses for specific development ideas.  Of course, concurrently, we need to find out what is going to cost what.

First, I've been asking Mindfox to lead us through the different options for a couple weeks now, both in here and IRC.  I hate to be "that guy" but it is time for some constructive criticism in an area where the community is demanding some attention.  These ideas get bantered about, but until Mindfox gives us some direction (specifics on which idea is most likely to succeed....cost and time estimates) we will continue to flounder.  

Second, I have some experience with fund raising.  And the "just give to a big/non-specific pot of funds" does not work.  We need to pick a project...have concrete feature/time/cost expectations clearly defined...and then raise money for that project.  This community will rally behind that idea and come up with funds - I have no doubt about that.  

First, you are mostly if not fully right.  I'm sorry he hasn't responded, its been quiet for me today too.  But, maybe he plays favorites or something  Tongue  I want his opinion as well, and want to make sure he is justly rewarded for the work he's done, and will do for us.  I don't think WhiteCoin has been lucrative for him at all, and I hope to change that.  His time is limited, and split between IRL and other projects.  So that leads into...

Second... Awesome, need all the help we can get!  I agree too, because I think some of the ideas laid out will be expensive, and a big pot of funds isn't what i'd like to see, but rather donations/support to specific addresses that represent specific causes.  Lead time i'm sure will fluctuate based on his workload and our support.  He doesn't seem like one to say real specifics but I think having the financial support there will make it happen.  And I don't mean to insert any words into his or your mouth if I have Smiley

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
eddienova

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:02:33 PM

We need to pick a project...have concrete feature/time/cost expectations clearly defined...and then raise money for that project.  This community will rally behind that idea and come up with funds - I have no doubt about that. 

I am board with this idea and look forward to contributing to specific projects via distinct funding addresses.
WilderX

Activity: 597
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:04:07 PM

It's been decay since launch as expected from pure clone coin. Die shitcoins die!!!

Pages: « 1 ... 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 [604] 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 »
  Print  

Jump to: