Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:44:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 [605] 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (WC) | WhiteCoin | BIG NEWS: Foundation, investors & more ☯ whitecoin.info  (Read 759182 times)
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Fibre Knight

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:06:14 PM

I'm looking in the Android market and am not seeing any crypto app with any significant downloads, can someone prove me wrong?  I'm starting to wonder if funds shouldn't just be gathered to facilitate the developments previously mentioned

I'm thinking the same thing...let's prioritize one of the other suggestions and move on that for now.  It's good to know it can be done, but probably not as important as finding someone to work on the other ideas we have come up with.

Currently we have no one to work on new ideas or funds to finance it. If we do not get serious about these issues, immobility eventually affect the currency.

Hey Tevayo,

We do have some funds saved up, and I do agree with a previous statement on fundraising for development.  The WhiteCoin fund address is WdPskLzGkjXkSns3BgkRF5fW5SveTBS7tR with about 650,000 WC raised.  I also believe we have a small balance in BTC around .05 BTC.  So at least we aren't starting from zero Smiley  I'll need to see that we are current with any bounties paid for any of the previous developments before we can say that these funds are for upcoming developments.   Apart of these funds/funds raised should be to reward those who are working on our current GUI Wallet update.

What do you guys feel is the best way to proceed?  We can just "have at it" and donate to the the known WCF addresses, or, we could create WC and BTC addresses for specific development ideas.  Of course, concurrently, we need to find out what is going to cost what.

Hey surfguy72, have been weeks discussing the improvements we want to WC, the reduction of time confirmation with privacy have been the most demanded. I think we should now be more specific and ask Mindfox a quote and an ETA for that.
656000 WCs in the bottom of the WCF is a pittance, and we should all donate more to bring out everything we want, but it seems that people want free stuff done. Or can also be the serpent biting its tail:
Do not donate because they do not make improvements or
improvements are not made because they do not donate?
Anyway we should fix that.

First, I've been asking Mindfox to lead us through the different options for a couple weeks now, both in here and IRC.  I hate to be "that guy" but it is time for some constructive criticism in an area where the community is demanding some attention.  These ideas get bantered about, but until Mindfox gives us some direction (specifics on which idea is most likely to succeed....cost and time estimates) we will continue to flounder.  

Second, I have some experience with fund raising.  And the "just give to a big/non-specific pot of funds" does not work.  We need to pick a project...have concrete feature/time/cost expectations clearly defined...and then raise money for that project.  This community will rally behind that idea and come up with funds - I have no doubt about that.  

Yes, will need the requirements turned into a statement of work, the budget, etc with everything being transparent in terms of funding and payment and you will most likely have no funding issues.

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
tevayo

Activity: 620
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:25:08 PM

It's been decay since launch as expected from pure clone coin. Die shitcoins die!!!
[/quote

If you're thinking that WCs and sell them!
And if you save yourself the FUD here because it will not work.
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:34:45 PM

It's been decay since launch as expected from pure clone coin. Die shitcoins die!!!
[/quote

Some coins are ASIC-resistant, this coin is FUD-resistant.

tevayo

Activity: 620

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:48:42 PM

surfguy72, we must get to work at once!
Nobody doubts that Mindfox here is a great programmer and we pay for their services as is payable to anyone who performs work.
I suggest that you create a start address WC donate now, it will be a motivation to show that this is serious.
A few days ago there was talk of creating a pot of 30,000,000, implying a dilution of 10% which was not (nor am I) agree, but only that each of us donasemos 1% we would have 3,000. 000, that would be a good begining of financing.
Let each one give as he sees fit and post it on this forum (so we know who puts the money where the mouth).
surfguy72

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 09:20:53 PM

surfguy72, we must get to work at once!
Nobody doubts that Mindfox here is a great programmer and we pay for their services as is payable to anyone who performs work.
I suggest that you create a start address WC donate now, it will be a motivation to show that this is serious.
A few days ago there was talk of creating a pot of 30,000,000, implying a dilution of 10% which was not (nor am I) agree, but only that each of us donasemos 1% we would have 3,000. 000, that would be a good begining of financing.
Let each one give as he sees fit and post it on this forum (so we know who puts the money where the mouth).

Haha love the enthusiasm!

My PC at home is off right now, i'm on my work computer.  I'll get the address up hopefully tonight.  

*** While i'm administering this fundraising effort, all funds will be returned to the address it is sent with should anything arise with the project plans that alters it from the original intended scope.

**** Below are the addresses for the WCF should you just want to donate in general to the foundation which uses the funds to reward/bounty developments for the coin.

WC   WdPskLzGkjXkSns3BgkRF5fW5SveTBS7tR
BTC   1JN9kVvm1zxgYh3Ki1JNsPFPhcE5FfoyeR
DOGE   D9n7o15LGaJy54gsQtqfgP8MwRCxC7FeCn
LTC   LU7P6BgqPDo1eHzqm2GmPw34HMJVoEe5DV

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
surfguy72

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 09:38:47 PM

Aren't we also ASIC resistant?  And yeah, lots of patience here for that kinda talk.  Although I do also have the spirit of progress in me.  We should have forecasted the August slow-down a little better to be alittle further down this road, but, we'll just keep looking forward and progressing.

"The secret to change is to focus all of your energy, not fighting the old, but building the new." - Socrates

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
blitzkitten

Activity: 483
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 11:49:47 PM

Aren't we also ASIC resistant?  And yeah, lots of patience here for that kinda talk.  Although I do also have the spirit of progress in me.  We should have forecasted the August slow-down a little better to be alittle further down this road, but, we'll just keep looking forward and progressing.

"The secret to change is to focus all of your energy, not fighting the old, but building the new." - Socrates

slightly oxymoronic to quote a 2300 year old guy about building the future Smiley Socrates is the man though!

And yes we are asic resistant but thats more due to POS rather than the X11 algo which many claim has been cracked by the asics.
surfguy72

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 12:27:38 AM
Last edit: August 05, 2014, 01:28:02 AM by surfguy72

Hello!

Below is the list I pulled together based on previous posts.  With each idea is a WC address.  Future coin addresses will be added to allow other coins to be donated as well.  The funds donated can be returned at this point should an idea evolve to the point where you no longer support it.  Refunds will only be sent to the address from which the coins were sent.  As more information comes forth from the Dev team and/or other DEVS I will update you.  I have backed up the wallet for these addresses and is password protected.  I will work transparently with you before releasing funds to anyone and will give 48 hrs notice before any transfer.  Refunds will only be for the original amount, the interest earned would be fwd to the WCF.

1. Anon - Mindfox said it can be implemented from other work when its tested and working
WmFfYh4Y5rEpAmt31zmWHjEiSDBteRL7AF

2. Privacy - Implementation of TOR
WaTdeGtNSkW7oLDsZoZA1BNMwaTpvquXAj

3. Smart Contract - What would it take, what does a framework look like
WgMvUeu6vf7vFb1PVGmnfD6tvyFqSh7oWC

4. Reduce Confirmation Times - This could be reviewed now and determined what is required to make
this happen
WUET4WgYwz4HLx54faKYyRWMNbfa6K5gjj

5. Built in Voting App-propose new features, vote from wallet
WSYDAdSrx23BpC6MjBJ2pdWvfkVjYu6tEB

6. Wallet to wallet exchange - place your buys and sells and would then need to be a multicoin wallet
WffKeSgypEsHAYkZTMP6iXWws4Mn5By74G

7. Known User Transactions - using third party, a users wallet would become verified as a known person IRL and could send public transactions.
WQ2daSMKv7qBsgxJTBeSwKfTLoVDYsBZEr

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 12:44:34 AM

Hello!

Below is the list I pulled together based on previous posts.  With each idea is a WC address.  Future coin addresses will be added to allow other coins to be donated as well.  The funds donated can be returned at this point should an idea evolve to the point where you no longer support it.  Refunds will only be sent to the address from which the coins were sent.  As more information comes forth from the Dev team and/or other DEVS I will update you.  I have backed up the wallet for these addresses and is password protected.  I will work transparently with you before releasing funds to anyone and will give 48 hrs notice before any transfer.  Refunds will only be for the original amount, the interest earned would be fwd to the WCF.

1. Anon - Mindfox said it can be implemented from other work when its tested and working

4. Reduce Confirmation Times - This could be reviewed now and determined what is required to make
this happen

6. Wallet to wallet exchange - place your buys and sells and would then need to be a multicoin wallet

I will send 100k to speed up confirmations project, but would really like to see an option that is polar opposite of ANON and privacy as well by providing a Verification and Validation option for those folks that wish to be extremely open with their transactions and being able to prove their identify. Seems logical as Shair does have holdings that do provide nature of a service and might be able to leverage something there? Will my silly small coin donation buy me this option on the leaderboard lol?

surfguy72

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:04:33 AM

Hello!

Below is the list I pulled together based on previous posts.  With each idea is a WC address.  Future coin addresses will be added to allow other coins to be donated as well.  The funds donated can be returned at this point should an idea evolve to the point where you no longer support it.  Refunds will only be sent to the address from which the coins were sent.  As more information comes forth from the Dev team and/or other DEVS I will update you.  I have backed up the wallet for these addresses and is password protected.  I will work transparently with you before releasing funds to anyone and will give 48 hrs notice before any transfer.  Refunds will only be for the original amount, the interest earned would be fwd to the WCF.

this happen

I will send 100k to speed up confirmations project, but would really like to see an option that is polar opposite of ANON and privacy as well by providing a Verification and Validation option for those folks that wish to be extremely open with their transactions and being able to prove their identify. Seems logical as Shair does have holdings that do provide nature of a service and might be able to leverage something there? Will my silly small coin donation buy me this option on the leaderboard lol?

That's an interesting request!  Could you elaborate more?

I'm totally down for adding as many options as possible.  Should they conflict and we begin to move forward the most supported option would seem to prevail.  But could see the option of a public, normal, or anon being options in loose terms.  This is still a brainstorming phase, just adding in the option to put your money where your mind is.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
blitzkitten

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:11:32 AM

I think that's a really cool idea and in tune with Shair. I think it's also another step towards legitimacy if we're more open about transactions than more private.
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:11:51 AM

Hello!

Below is the list I pulled together based on previous posts.  With each idea is a WC address.  Future coin addresses will be added to allow other coins to be donated as well.  The funds donated can be returned at this point should an idea evolve to the point where you no longer support it.  Refunds will only be sent to the address from which the coins were sent.  As more information comes forth from the Dev team and/or other DEVS I will update you.  I have backed up the wallet for these addresses and is password protected.  I will work transparently with you before releasing funds to anyone and will give 48 hrs notice before any transfer.  Refunds will only be for the original amount, the interest earned would be fwd to the WCF.

this happen

That's an interesting request!  Could you elaborate more?

I'm totally down for adding as many options as possible.  Should they conflict and we begin to move forward the most supported option would seem to prevail.  But could see the option of a public, normal, or anon being options in loose terms.  This is still a brainstorming phase, just adding in the option to put your money where your mind is.

Your wallet would be certified by a trusted third-party entity that has established authenticity of your identify based on information that would normally be deemed too confidential to provide to a point-to-point entity. Along the same concept has acquiring an SSL Certification for your Web Site whereas you have public and private keys. Thus, when transacting business peer-to-peer, identity is established without either party needing to question the trust relationship. Shair has holdings via DandyID, so conceptually may work in and around that type of service where you actually have a third-party entity to broker and administer that relationship in the coin (and could extend to other coins as a value). Lots of possibilities exist within that framework, but it could be my meds kicking in...

blitzkitten

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:15:30 AM

Hello!

this happen

20k WC sent to " Reduce Confirmation Times
WUET4WgYwz4HLx54faKYyRWMNbfa6K5gjj"
care of me @
WYBn1YAeQpG7AUESUBYeo5FvNzaL4hyWxZ

once the transaction finishes...
surfguy72

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:17:53 AM

Hello!

this happen

I'm totally down for adding as many options as possible.  Should they conflict and we begin to move forward the most supported option would seem to prevail.  But could see the option of a public, normal, or anon being options in loose terms.  This is still a brainstorming phase, just adding in the option to put your money where your mind is.

Your wallet would be certified by a trusted third-party entity that has established authenticity of your identify based on information that would normally be deemed too confidential to provide to a point-to-point entity. Along the same concept has acquiring an SSL Certification for your Web Site whereas you have public and private keys. Thus, when transacting business peer-to-peer, identity is established without either party needing to question the trust relationship. Shair has holdings via DandyID, so conceptually may work in and around that type of service where you actually have a third-party entity to broker and administer that relationship in the coin (and could extend to other coins as a value). Lots of possibilities exist within that framework, but it could be my meds kicking in...

Wow pretty cool, I'd like to get a rep from there to discuss but I'll add it to the list for sure!

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
malbee

Activity: 237

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:19:15 AM

Hello!

this happen

Talk about a new and fresh idea in Crypto....actually jumping through a hoop or two to make sure all parties are identified.  That would be a direction that I don't think anyone is pursuing.  But one that would have a lot of applications IRL.  I like that idea a lot.  
blitzkitten

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:26:23 AM

Hello!

this happen

Wow pretty cool, I'd like to get a rep from there to discuss but I'll add it to the list for sure!

get an address for that one and i'll send another 20k that way too Cheesy
surfguy72

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:30:06 AM

Hello!

this happen

7. Known User Transactions - using third party, a users wallet would become verified as a known person IRL and could send public transactions.

I'll change the wording and may start doing pastebins or something so the details can be captured.  This is the working idea though, hope I captured it right

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:36:54 AM

Hello!

this happen

It may be something that could actually be done within smart contracts as well. Thank you for adding!

WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:38:55 AM

Hello!

this happen

That's an interesting request!  Could you elaborate more?

I'm totally down for adding as many options as possible.  Should they conflict and we begin to move forward the most supported option would seem to prevail.  But could see the option of a public, normal, or anon being options in loose terms.  This is still a brainstorming phase, just adding in the option to put your money where your mind is.

I'll change the wording and may start doing pastebins or something so the details can be captured.  This is the working idea though, hope I captured it right

For the most part, additional funds heading that way....

blitzkitten

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:58:15 AM

Hello!

this happen

WC sent
Pages: « 1 ... 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 [605] 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 »
  Print  

Jump to: