Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 02:53:56 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: New Official AMT Thread  (Read 149437 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 03:16:58 AM

Hmm, S1's back up a bit @ 240USD, 7 underclocked to 140 each gives ya 0.98 TH nom with fair pwr use for a hair under $1.7k.... full speed just over 1.2TH with power use way more than the A1 at its worst. As in around 2.5-2.6kw based on my pharm of 9 all oc'd @ 190 eating 3.75kw...

Well, now 10 Smiley Very happy with my new s2. Costs more vs bunch of s1s but 1/3 the feed bill Cheesy Still a pretty good heater. Would be nice to add another oh, 520 or so GHs to the pharm hint hint...

Wonder how the Technobit/Bitmine/AMT collaboration boards are doing? A lot of promise with that design last we saw and if packaged/powered/cooled right...

Yea no joke. I am also loving the S2s I got. The AMT experience I had almost soured a friend of mine on mining altogether until he saw the S2s and gone one of his own. He is sampling now and looking to get more hardware.

I am hoping they provide us with the technobits as replacements for this mess. They seemed to work and were well regarded for the most part.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 2604

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 03:30:16 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2014, 04:18:49 AM by NotFuzzyWarm

No doubt. Looks like Christmas in there with all them purdy green, red & blue lights blinking inside of it Cheesy Only flaw with mine is that they sent a crows-foot 220v cord. Is used n Australia. Go fig. Since a regular 18ga comp cord ain't gonna do it for now I um, borrowed the 14ga  one from our SEM that has a regular 115v end on it until some 16ga cords come in tomorrow.

Also no instructions of course so had to use their site to make sure not too different than the s1s's. Is simpler actually.
Damn. Off in the OT ozone again...

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome!  3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
 -Sole remaining active Primary developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
mrpark

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:21:12 AM

How many watts/Amp does the ant S2 take?

BTC: 1JDjCGtxtxoZ46XgTqUoXBDxNFKwcsEmik
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:23:15 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2014, 04:53:29 AM by NotFuzzyWarm

Has a 1000w Enermax Gold PSU in it and they claim less than 1,100w from the wall. Haven't measured mine yet. The PSU fan is running nowhere near max speed so maybe 1kw or less from the wall? Is a 4U rack-ready case and even ships with wings and rubber feet for your choice.
Seriously OT now... Geronimooooo!

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome!  3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:52:33 AM

Has a 1000w Enermax Gold PSU in it and they claim less than 1,100w from the wall. Haven't measured mine yet. The PSU fan is running nowhere near max speed so maybe 1kw or less from the wall?

I hope you have a 1200-1300w backup PSU handy. You'll need that in a week when that underpowered Enermax craps out. While you're at it, get a backup micro SD card ready because when your PSU starts to cutout, it will continually scramble the cheap card that BitMain included with the machine.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:54:10 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2014, 05:05:17 AM by NotFuzzyWarm

Has a 1000w Enermax Gold PSU in it and they claim less than 1,100w from the wall. Haven't measured mine yet. The PSU fan is running nowhere near max speed so maybe 1kw or less from the wall?

I hope you have a 1200-1300w backup PSU handy. You'll need that in a week when that underpowered Enermax craps out. While you're at it, get a backup micro SD card ready because when your PSU starts to cutout, it will continually scramble the cheap card that BitMain included with the machine.

Actually I have several 1,200w HP server psu's handy if needed. I'm really not a fan of PC style psu's onve you get over 750w or so. I've measured the psu voltage at the backplane PCIe plugs and is at 11.7v meaning the PSU is quite happy so far. Dinna know the sd card issue was related to the psu per-se. Good to know and look out for.

xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:03:59 AM

Actually I have several 1,200w HP server psu's handy if needed. I'm aware of the sd card issue. I've measured the psu voltage at the backplane PCIe plugs and is at 11.7v meaning the PSU is quite happy so far. Good to know and look out for.

I was a lucky Batch 2 recipient... everything was intact and it worked flawlessly for a week or two. Then the PSU started to randomly shutdown. I replaced it with a Corsair AX1200i and now it runs quieter and cooler. I think BitMain makes a great product but they have been too aggressive with cutting corners to save a dime.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:07:34 AM

Actually I have several 1,200w HP server psu's handy if needed. I'm aware of the sd card issue. I've measured the psu voltage at the backplane PCIe plugs and is at 11.7v meaning the PSU is quite happy so far. Good to know and look out for.

I was a lucky Batch 2 recipient... everything was intact and it worked flawlessly for a week or two. Then the PSU started to randomly shutdown. I replaced it with a Corsair AX1200i and now it runs quieter and cooler. I think BitMain makes a great product but they have been too aggressive with cutting corners to save a dime.
Did you catch the add-a-caps update? Is on their site how-to. Batch-4 has'em already.

xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:24:14 AM

Did you catch the add-a-caps update? Is on their site how-to. Batch-4 has'em already.

Didn't see that. But I'm really a "hands-off, plug it in and hope it works" kind of guy and I won't be doing any soldering (if that's what's involved with "add-a-caps") anytime soon, lol.
MinerPro

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:46:18 AM

Has anyone been in contact with AMT of recent? I am still waiting for them to cough up our refund. Weeks ago they promised some sort of agreement to be sent to all clients, to choose between a few options and nothing was heard afterward.

AMT, since you're all on the up 'n up with this reorganization, what's up with not answering us? Could you muster up at least the courtesy to answer us? Pref via email, but here is fine too Cheesy
rik_khaos

Activity: 854

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:54:43 AM

Has anyone been in contact with AMT of recent? I am still waiting for them to cough up our refund. Weeks ago they promised some sort of agreement to be sent to all clients, to choose between a few options and nothing was heard afterward.

AMT, since you're all on the up 'n up with this reorganization, what's up with not answering us? Could you muster up at least the courtesy to answer us? Pref via email, but here is fine too Cheesy

If your post vanishes I'll just assume you are a magician.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
opieum2

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:28:20 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2014, 03:13:28 PM by opieum2

They have been pretty quiet on every front since those last posts last week. No emails ever came (that they said would come), no offers or anything have really materialized. They have gone quiet, likely due to the lawsuit again. It would be nice if by now they had something working for us. Even if we got the equivalent hashing power in a technobit setup that would be acceptable. Ideally would be nice if we got more than that seeing how we lost massive profit during the time this whole mess has happened. Difficulty now almost makes 1.2Ths a joke compared to what we spent. For them to make that up to us we would need at bare minimum 5Ths today based on hardware priced out at what we paid for a single 1.2 miner.

If they honored the MPP that would be a nice (and legally fulfilling) way of making up for things. The longer this gets dragged out tho the worse it will be. People might opt into bringing their own lawsuits on the single merit of the MPP that they would need to honor as its an advertised feature. I don't recall if the complaint covers the MPP specifically but its an easy point to get on.

Honestly if they actually just fulfilled the MPP With working hardware, I would pretty much opt out of whatever complaints are out there and call it a day. I just want to move on. We are all well behind the curve now with this hardware and ROI will not be possible with the rising difficulty being what it is without the MPP being honored. I wanted to help out with driver development but it does not look like they are really unwilling to get on board to make this work. The biggest problem here is the lack of communication that has destroyed all trust. Each passing day it looks like its going get worse. If there is ANYTHING positive here AMT can provide that has some kind of concrete information to back it up, that would be great.

I honestly am tired of all the waiting and drama and would like to actually have working/hashing miners or money back...

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 03:40:18 PM

The Bitmine thread is getting (more) up in arms as well. Again no contact from anyone related to BM.ch in like 2 weeks. Poking around the Bitmine thread I did find out that at least one mining company is selling off some of their used Coincraft A1 gear. https://www.asic-hardware.com/

On the BFL thread the natives are getting downright rabid...

opieum2

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 03:54:44 PM

Yea well push people enough and its going to come down hard on all these companies. BFL is by far the worst of the lot. They had the audacity to buy nice homes and cars with the money they fleeced their customers from (of which I am one or was if that refund comes through).

I have reached the point I am tired.....I am mulling what I will be doing next as I am getting no replies from them via email any more. Just here on the forums. But there is no follow through.

opieum2

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:58:44 PM

I have reached the point I am tired.....I am mulling what I will be doing next as I am getting no replies from them via email any more. Just here on the forums. But there is no follow through.

Josh appreciates your patience. The longer you wait, he gets to spend more and more of your money. Eventually they'll run out, declare bankruptcy, and you get nothing.

Syke you have any solutions to any of the problems listed? Do you have anything of value to add to the conversation besides rubbing it in with sarcasm? Anything that will help us get our money or hardware? If not go away. You are a bigger moron for coming on here and commenting with nothing of any value and wrong information on top of that. At least there are those of us trying for solutions. I solve problems not make dumb comments to stroke my own ego. You must feel great about rubbing it in. Except you are a moron in that too. And you are completely wrong and an ignorant on how the law works....No they cannot declare bankruptcy while there is pending litigation. Its poorly frowned on by Judges in general almost all judges shoot it down. They would have to have an incredibly good reason to allow it which in this case they don't for alot of reasons. Any attempt to run from this will result in jail time. At worst the company winds up in receivership which pretty much ends Josh's entrepreneurial career (as that looks horrendous for investors looking into him as a business associate) I know they know this. So they will be working to make this right somehow.

They are setting up their complaint response to minimize their losses which yes ultimately means we all get dinged (will not work unless its to settle). The case is pretty airtight now as it is. But there is more they will have to contend with since they are dragging this out for everyone. As it is if this venture fails the way its failing (which it seems its on the verge of doing) there is nothing more for him to do. His career is as good as over in the US and possibly internationally as anyone with access to google will know who he is and what he has done. Its one thing to have a venture fail because of viability, its another to have it fail because of executive incompetence. Investors look at all that before funding someone. So the real option here is to turn it around and make things right.

I wait because I know the outcome will favor us regardless, I just don't want to have to wait that long. In this situation with bitcoin time is money There are plenty of other actions that can be taken to hasten things, but I am not looking to call in those favors because they are favors I keep close to the vest and not something I want to use lightly. But they have gone non-responsive again which is a problem. Things were going well in terms of discussion technical-wise, that MIGHT have brought a solution to some people. But they have backed off that for some reason or other. Also they floated offers and backed off that as well which was a real dick move even doing that and not acting on it or follow through. I will wait until after the 10th to find out where things are at as that is when the response comes in...the response is the piece I want to see before I decide my next move.

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:09:46 PM

Syke you have any solutions to any of the problems listed?

If I was you, I would have filed a small claims suit long ago. AMT proves time and time again they have no capability to make things right. Law suits will be settled first, everyone else will get nothing.

Here, I'll help you with the first step.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/pennsylvania-small-claims-court-32087.html

Buy & Hold
opieum2

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:32:01 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2014, 08:01:55 PM by opieum2

See was that so hard? And thanks for the info. I will take a look and see if this is a route I want to take seeing as I am not getting any concrete response in any way. I had already seen this. But am reconsidering it now as a possible route due to their lack of response. EDIT: or action. I wanted to work with them for a resolution but its alot of words on their part and no action. There was alot of potential things that could have been done but that option cant be workable if they cant work with us to allow us to move past this nonsense.

opieum2

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:50:29 PM

I am actually waiting now for the June response to the complaint from their side. Since that goes into public record we can all see it. With that I will know if I need to take further action. They have shown no intention of truly settling with some of us they reached out to. They might have reached out but have not actually done anything actionable to make it happen. I am not going to keep getting strung along with nonsense promises that don't materialize. And broken hardware.....

I was working with the driver side and firmware to see if I could provide some solution for people with working hardware hopefully bring it back to life. But since they are not willing to put forth the effort to provide simple documentation on the hardware and it just smacks of more stalling, I see no reason to continue with this kind of work seeing as they don't even want to benefit from it.

The hardware is poorly calibrated for what its supposed to do. Whoever's fault that is, its on them. They chose to ship broken hardware to people, in what universe that should every be taken as business advice is beyond me (they said their assembler suggested that if you recall in a previous post). The sob stories are not an option really any more. I and others just want something actionable. Considering the small number of us that funded this company we are essentially investors. The big problem here is that if we tally up the order there are hundreds of thousands (not millions) that were taken from us in all. They could technically (if its allowed) settle with us out of court so we officially can opt out of the class action limiting their loss. It's actually better for them to settle out if that is an option available to them than it is to wait for the court. Seems like it would be better at least.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:56:30 PM

I am actually waiting now for the June response to the complaint from their side. Since that goes into public record we can all see it. With that I will know if I need to take further action. They have shown no intention of truly settling with some of us they reached out to. They might have reached out but have not actually done anything actionable to make it happen. I am not going to keep getting strung along with nonsense promises that don't materialize. And broken hardware.....

I was working with the driver side and firmware to see if I could provide some solution for people with working hardware hopefully bring it back to life. But since they are not willing to put forth the effort to provide simple documentation on the hardware and it just smacks of more stalling, I see no reason to continue with this kind of work seeing as they don't even want to benefit from it.

The hardware is poorly calibrated for what its supposed to do. Whoever's fault that is, its on them. They chose to ship broken hardware to people, in what universe that should every be taken as business advice is beyond me (they said their assembler suggested that if you recall in a previous post). The sob stories are not an option really any more. I and others just want something actionable. Considering the small number of us that funded this company we are essentially investors. The big problem here is that if we tally up the order there are hundreds of thousands (not millions) that were taken from us in all. They could technically (if its allowed) settle with us out of court so we officially can opt out of the class action limiting their loss. It's actually better for them to settle out if that is an option available to them than it is to wait for the court. Seems like it would be better at least.

I think the 'tell' is the consistent lack of effort on AMT's part...  how hard is it to come up with a little bit of documentation to help out their poor customers with their hardware?  How hard is it (in my case) to ship a missing back plane?   How hard is it (in mrpark's case) to accept a Fedex delivery?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
opieum2

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 10:41:43 PM

The small claims option is a joke...did some looking into it. Even IF I won, it would still be on me to get the money...they arent paying out anyway, so whats the point? I will just stay in the class or see if they settle out otherwise. @AMT I really really did not want to go this route, but you guys really have not left anyone any choice to address things any other way. You have not been true to your word once since you started posting. So we are stuck only using the available evidence before us to make a rational decision on anything. I am still open to addressing this properly but as it stands now I am looking at all my options.

Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: