Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:23:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: New Official AMT Thread  (Read 149437 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 09:40:57 PM

Ok I got permission from the owner of the spreadsheet. Und3rd0g gets credit altho he also derived this from bitmain's version. Pretty impressive IMO.

+1 - Glad to help where I can.  I hope folks find this useful.  As noted, the original was put together by BITMAIN and significantly enhanced over time.  If anyone has questions as to how to operate/update, feel free to PM me.  

Or you could use this: Retroactive BTC Mining Calculator

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2531

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 09:57:23 PM

<snip>

Or you could use this: Retroactive BTC Mining Calculator
That is too damn cool! To date my 2 lil'10gh Jala's I got in early Feb. (at nutzy-cukoo high price compared to current hardware)  through TigerDirect are 3/4 paid off,  Shocked I know my Ant pharm is right on track.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
rik_khaos

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 07:23:14 AM

Lol, now they are seeing what it's like when their customers get really shitty with them.

Looks like if I got working mining hardware yesterday it would take at least 3.2TH to break even in 6 months. Then I would be able to mine for like 3 more weeks and make like 4 bucks.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 02:01:13 PM

If anyone has information on where these guys are operating next please let me know. I am going to inform the local police I am coming there for a face to face with these guys.  I am a member of the police network and I want to make sure all businesses and police know about the money they took from hard working people as themselves and veterans like myself. I aslo want to hand out literature at their new location to everyone in a 5 mile radius telling my story about getting scammed. It's going to take a lot of compensation to stop me, everyone should get all their money back, lost bitcoin revenue since 2013 and also compensation for dealing with all this.

Ask their lawyers White and Williams as to what the address is.

How is it even legal that they sell $6,000 equipment to people with a lifetime warranty and then change address without telling anybody about that said address?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 09:23:50 PM

We've already stated the legal implications we run into every time we write anything on this forum. We mentioned that we'd keep it to a technical discussion only to try and resolve the problems with the existing boards. There was an issue as to "if we can provide clients with source files.. bla bla bla" which we've just about taken care of. We've started production of new a1 miners based on our licensed technobit boards with local and foreign manufacturers, and our own boards as well, and production for script miners and other solutions. Everyone will be attended to and everyone will have rectification for these delays which we HAVE taken responsibility for on several occasions.

Guys calm down, stop ranting, we've been moving the office to other side of the city over the last few days as we said before. We know you want instant gratification to this problem but it takes time because of the legal actions that have occurred. Things we can and can't do, etc.

For what it is worth, I can confirm this statement.

Just checking-in, to let you know I am still alive and assisting some with solutions. Where I can.

I have been sent the legal-paperwork, needed to continue assisting. Now I just need some time to work-out more solid solutions on my end.

Getting more money soon, so for those who need it, I can start making the custom cases and air-flow mods soon. That wouldn't be possible if AMT had not done what they have done. They are doing all they can, to rectify this, from my perspective. (I may just have a better view of the situation, but it gets better-looking each day. Unfortunately, there is no-more I can say beyond that.)
opieum2

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 11:18:51 PM

We've already stated the legal implications we run into every time we write anything on this forum. We mentioned that we'd keep it to a technical discussion only to try and resolve the problems with the existing boards. There was an issue as to "if we can provide clients with source files.. bla bla bla" which we've just about taken care of. We've started production of new a1 miners based on our licensed technobit boards with local and foreign manufacturers, and our own boards as well, and production for script miners and other solutions. Everyone will be attended to and everyone will have rectification for these delays which we HAVE taken responsibility for on several occasions.

Guys calm down, stop ranting, we've been moving the office to other side of the city over the last few days as we said before. We know you want instant gratification to this problem but it takes time because of the legal actions that have occurred. Things we can and can't do, etc.

Just checking-in, to let you know I am still alive and assisting some with solutions. Where I can.

I have been sent the legal-paperwork, needed to continue assisting. Now I just need some time to work-out more solid solutions on my end.

Getting more money soon, so for those who need it, I can start making the custom cases and air-flow mods soon. That wouldn't be possible if AMT had not done what they have done. They are doing all they can, to rectify this, from my perspective. (I may just have a better view of the situation, but it gets better-looking each day. Unfortunately, there is no-more I can say beyond that.)

I now also can confirm. A couple of nights ago I got read in to the situation. While I can totally get the perspective people have that its all words, there is quite a bit more going on. I am assisting with some operational aspects that falls under my particular area of expertise. The ultimate goal is that this will benefit all of those that got boned in this situation. I had a VERY long chat with Josh on this matter, and they do want to rectify this. THat being said, AMT out of all the others is the only one making an effort to rectify this. I got a VERY clear idea of what is going on and am taking a very active part in shaping the new product as is ISAWHIM and others read in...due to the legal aspect and competitive crap going on it's better to know when it's launched. As it is they have the pending lawsuit, which we all know about, makes it a massive pain in the ass to discuss anything openly. As it is few if any companies ever discuss future plans because A: Competitors steal and implement it (usually poorly) and B: breaks contracts that may be with other partners in the mix.

But the plans are sound and we are working at it. I am largley working independently, but the new things coming are solid. And will resolve some of the issues we have been having. I will give them at least that much credit they are doing their absolute best which right now with the communications issues on the legal side makes it tough for them to just speak out.

I had none of this info when I spoke out the other day. I have all the details now and there are now community members in the mix to make this better for all of us. Not alot of other vendors can really say that.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 11:29:16 PM

As it is they have the pending lawsuit, which we all know about, makes it a massive pain in the ass to discuss anything openly.

That makes no sense. Which part of the lawsuit bans AMT from giving delivery dates? Which part of the lawsuit overrides FTC regulations? Which part of the lawsuit makes refunds illegal? People just want their refunds or delivery dates, the 2 things required by FTC regulations. No lawsuit could hinder those actions by AMT.

Buy & Hold
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 11:47:43 PM

I now also can confirm. A couple of nights ago I got read in to the situation. While I can totally get the perspective people have that its all words, there is quite a bit more going on. I am assisting with some operational aspects that falls under my particular area of expertise. The ultimate goal is that this will benefit all of those that got boned in this situation. I had a VERY long chat with Josh on this matter, and they do want to rectify this. THat being said, AMT out of all the others is the only one making an effort to rectify this. I got a VERY clear idea of what is going on and am taking a very active part in shaping the new product as is ISAWHIM and others read in...due to the legal aspect and competitive crap going on it's better to know when it's launched. As it is they have the pending lawsuit, which we all know about, makes it a massive pain in the ass to discuss anything openly. As it is few if any companies ever discuss future plans because A: Competitors steal and implement it (usually poorly) and B: breaks contracts that may be with other partners in the mix.

But the plans are sound and we are working at it. I am largley working independently, but the new things coming are solid. And will resolve some of the issues we have been having. I will give them at least that much credit they are doing their absolute best which right now with the communications issues on the legal side makes it tough for them to just speak out.

I had none of this info when I spoke out the other day. I have all the details now and there are now community members in the mix to make this better for all of us. Not alot of other vendors can really say that.

It doesn't matter if AMT has a brilliant strategy or technology going forward,  they simply have no ability to execute.   Execution is non-existent.    They can't even ship boxes correctly.

I really am not holding my breath waiting for another product.  I expect, like most other AMT customers, a complete refund.  

If AMT insists in shipping me more product,  I will continue to demand that the MPP be honored!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
opieum2

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 12:23:18 AM

As it is they have the pending lawsuit, which we all know about, makes it a massive pain in the ass to discuss anything openly.

That makes no sense. Which part of the lawsuit bans AMT from giving delivery dates? Which part of the lawsuit overrides FTC regulations? Which part of the lawsuit makes refunds illegal? People just want their refunds or delivery dates, the 2 things required by FTC regulations. No lawsuit could hinder those actions by AMT.

Those are decisions AMT needs to make, and I presume they have been slapped with some kind of injunction to prevent some kind of quick settlement (which does happen not info I am privy to). Sadly not my area (if it were on me I would find a way to refund who I could, but not my call and I don't know about that side of things). It does seem they are making an honest attempt to make things right for people and they do own the mistakes they have made (which is huge if you consider others who are not), They also are getting more involved in getting the RIGHT partners to build out replacements and such. ISAWHIM and I are getting involved to provide some engineering and operational experience in these things as consultants of sorts. I can't be sure what the result is ultimately as I don't have a day to day picture. I only know what their plans are...they are a hell of alot more achievable than the previous attempt. But in some key ways we do have more involvement in implementation. And considering our personal stakes in this you can bet we are making sure that this implementation is WAY better than what we got. We have already discussed alot of things on this forum over that.....so now we are working towards actual solutions....it might not solve refunds (as thats the business side we are not involved in) but at the very least we can make sure all of us can get some quality products this time around. Might not mean much and it is "words" at this point but it's better than silence on the matter completely.

The situation sucks though no matter how you look at it. Having run 3 startups myself and been a Sr member of two others I know how bad it can get if there is a bad link in the chain, and here there were many. They ultimately left too many things to chance and reliance on unreliable partners. I think AMT has learned from that and is moving forward with more self-reliant options...I am looking at the various companies out there screwing people and they really do not try to make any effort to make things right. A couple do, but most of them do not. AMT is trying now. We will know the official word in June about the lawsuit. Noone but the legal people know whats really going on there and where things will go from that point. I imagine a settlement will be announced once the judge signs off on it. We all want this over with to move on.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2531

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 12:27:46 AM

+10 ^ ^
In short, ditto all around.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
mrpark

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 01:17:07 AM

Remember, these are the same people who became unreasonable when we asked for refunds. The same people who offered option, but never delivered. I don't need cooling, I don't have working hardware to cool. They have broken many promises, why should we suddenly believe it is now different. Where did they come up with the idea that no one is entitled to refunds, regardless of how bad AMT messed things up. I am not buying it...

BTC: 1JDjCGtxtxoZ46XgTqUoXBDxNFKwcsEmik
opieum2

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 01:38:09 AM

Remember, these are the same people who became unreasonable when we asked for refunds. The same people who offered option, but never delivered. I don't need cooling, I don't have working hardware to cool. They have broken many promises, why should we suddenly believe it is now different. Where did they come up with the idea that no one is entitled to refunds, regardless of how bad AMT messed things up. I am not buying it...

At the end of the day time will tell what the deal is here. They made the effort to reach out to us to address SOME of their problems, they at least acknowledge that they have them. At one point even that was not happening. So its a step in the right direction at least. But yea until something solid happens it is all talk. There is work being done on this. I am working on some things for them as is ISAWHIM and NotFuzzyWarm I believe. And as I stated before, because each of us has a personal stake in this, we have a HUGE incentive in making sure this is a success nof just for us but the community at large (notably all those that got screwed in this). It is very rare to have a vendor come to the community in this way for help. So its worth engaging with them to address this. 

Everyone who is unhappy of course has their course of action to take to address what they feel they need to do to get justice....I am not saying don't....at the end of the day you know your situation and you know what you need to do best for yourself. I am saying that I have a different perspective on things and a much more inside look than I had a couple days ago. It does not erase what happened, but at the same time those of us working at it get a shot to contribute in a way that helps us all.

mrpark

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 02:17:35 AM

It's great all the new projects, but we have been waiting since 2013. They told me to RMA my miner before, I did and I was told it would be a quick turn around. Instead they never bothered to go pick the thing up.  What kind of company doesn't even pick up their mail? Again, AMT told me to send it back when they had no intentions on picking up the miner. Sorry if I am not so excited about their next big thing, I been hearing it for too long.

Casiriahmine

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 02:36:29 AM

How long ago did I ask for new FUNCTIONAL backplane boards? About 2 months ago, "Yeah, they should be there this week casey" --AMT

Not a single email or anything for replacement backplanes, why do you do this to me?

Lord, please forgive them.
opieum2

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:27:06 AM

Like I said you know your situation best and do what you feel you have to do to get results. At least wait until the response on the 10th to see what happens next. Their response will be what determines what action you should take next. Its a hard deadline anyway the court set. So its the best we all got to see what happens next. And since there are lawyers involved it at least there is accountability in the process which is what we all want anyway in this at this point.

If I had to guess there will be an RMA process and something to replace these bad boards/designs. Not sure what the nature of that will be....but I am taking a wild guess here based on cases of a similar nature. This does take time to happen if there was no process for that previously.

loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 12:52:23 PM

Do not get involved with AMT DUDE!!!!
Take it as friendly advise. This just doesn't woth it!!!!!!!!!!!

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
mrpark

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 01:24:51 PM

So you mean to tell me, not only are they threatening to withhold refunds from people, now they a resorting to violence? Their behavior is very concerning. Why does this company have so many enemies? Could everyone be wrong? Resorting to violence will not resolve anything.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 02:52:14 PM

Like I said you know your situation best and do what you feel you have to do to get results. At least wait until the response on the 10th to see what happens next. Their response will be what determines what action you should take next. Its a hard deadline anyway the court set. So its the best we all got to see what happens next. And since there are lawyers involved it at least there is accountability in the process which is what we all want anyway in this at this point.

If I had to guess there will be an RMA process and something to replace these bad boards/designs. Not sure what the nature of that will be....but I am taking a wild guess here based on cases of a similar nature. This does take time to happen if there was no process for that previously.

I guess June 10th is the deadline?

So is it a good thing that AMT is waiting for the absolute deadline to respond?  They've got a whole bunch of customers that are completely in the dark with regards to shipping and support.   So how is it that waiting for the last minute is going to help them make their case?

BTW, what's the name of the judge that's presiding in this case?

AMT should consider them lucky that the plaintiff's chose to sue in a court local to them.  Imagine if the court was in Texas!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:26:29 PM

Wtf is wrong with you guys, now they have you suckers believing that they are trying to fix everything, seems like they even have a few of you on payroll now. Gotta be kidding me! Look at the garbage they have put out, join the lawsuits, shut them down.

Bruno, those are weak threats by a sissy little man, keep dragging those bastards through the mud and if they try anything, end them.
sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 04:11:58 PM

Wtf is wrong with you guys, now they have you suckers believing that they are trying to fix everything, seems like they even have a few of you on payroll now. Gotta be kidding me! Look at the garbage they have put out, join the lawsuits, shut them down.

Bruno, those are weak threats by a sissy little man, keep dragging those bastards through the mud and if they try anything, end them.

Agreed.

ISAWHIM and OPIEUM2 - it's my belief that Joshua is extremely desperate, thus why he has brought you in on this "solution".

Except there will be no solution. He's using you two to relay these "positive measures" that are being taken to rectify this. He wants you two to come on here and convince everyone that "it will be alright, we're working it out - just give us more time".

Like every other time prior to this, nothing will be done or fixed and another month will pass. These are simply more stall tactics.

If Joshua wants to do right by his customer base, he will refund everyone who has been asking for theirs, then let them decide if they want to sink that money back into AMT once they resolve their issues.

The reality is that AMT used all of customers money to create this startup, and not giving refunds, which are completely justified - is against the law. This is part of why AMT is being prosecuted, they have broken many laws that protect consumers - and continue to do so to this day.

I wouldn't suggest holding your breath on the RMA or new miner solution. They had their chance and surely enough time, to build and deliver working miners. They failed miserably...time to issue refunds!

AMT is holding all money hostage, saying : "Take our new revamped miner, or nothing!" This is completely illegal.

At the end of the day, it's obvious to see that Josh has the means to issue refunds - but he'd rather spend all that money trying to desperately get a miner design working and functional, so he can continue to sell these into the future and make profits. He's trying to take a messy situation, and turn it around in a way where he can still profit in the future (AKA: Looking out for his own ass and profitability, instead of the customers).
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: