Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:43:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] IPO of MaidSafe:  Entering the Future of the Decentralized Internet  (Read 579343 times)
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 07:40:37 PM

Does this critique is justified? I came accross this in one forum.

http://www.metzdowd.com/pipermail/cryptography/2016-August/030051.html

There is a thread on the Maidsafe-Forum about that:
https://safenetforum.org/t/former-maidsafe-engineer-outlines-what-appear-to-be-several-serious-issues-with-the-platform/10960/35

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2016, 08:08:05 PM

Interesting discussion. I saw Lopp's tweet too.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2016, 09:08:12 PM

Great critique.  Absolutely devastating to the hopium overdose pipe dream of Maid creating some kind of new, post-Bitcoin cryptography.

I've been saying Maid is nothing more than 1990s era Gnutella/Freenet/Kademlia DHT, with trendy "MOAR BLOCKCHAIN" glued on for marketing/fundraising purposes.

Now we have confirmation of that assertion, from a former Maid dev:

Quote from: Lee Clagett
I do not see any advancements from existing distributed storage
networks.

The C++ code required that every node in the quorum group
receive and successfully process messages in identical order, and a
node making a request assumed the first "quorum-size" messages received
were from the quorum. I do not know how they intend to properly keep
the group in consensus with p2p churn, and they had a non-implemented
solution for the group verification which [Christophe Aguettaz
discovered would likely have security issues][0]. The Rust code
currently mirrors the C++ code in these two areas, and potential
solutions to the problems are vague.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
sebastiebass

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 09:41:42 PM

I am looking at this BTC1250 sell wall on polo, good to see someone else who has the faith!  Huh

http://imgur.com/eQ5hg0O

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
labestia

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 10:04:31 PM

I still have my maidsafe coins sitting in my blockchain.info address from the IPO.  I tried obtaining the private key to the wallet on blockchain.info and was able to get it from the 'imported addresses' section which has the address where my maidsafecoins reside.

I then tried importing the private key into my omniwallet.org wallet but it created a different address than the one in my blockchain wallet and my safecoins are still on the blockchain wallet and not the omni wallet.

I'm officially stuck and looking for any guidance you guys can provide.  I've gone so far as to downloading the bip39 standalone and entering the relevant info but i'm up to 3,619 lines and still haven't found my address with my safecoins.

Please help!  thanks guys
labestia

Activity: 86

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 04:34:46 AM

figured it out, needed to convert the base58 priv key to hex and import that into omni wallet.
RichDaniel

Activity: 479
Merit: 533

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 04:45:44 AM

I am looking at this BTC1250 sell wall on polo, good to see someone else who has the faith!  Huh

So big whale.... A week ago I saw lisk whale had a 2k btc sell wall, now is maidsafe whale has 1200 btc wall, they can sell proportionally for more profit, this big sell wall will scare investors. Unless he is the pumper and dumper, nobody will buy his wall. Ridiculous rich whale.    Shocked Shocked
zeeman

Activity: 598
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 09:33:26 AM

Great critique.  Absolutely devastating to the hopium overdose pipe dream of Maid creating some kind of new, post-Bitcoin cryptography.

I've been saying Maid is nothing more than 1990s era Gnutella/Freenet/Kademlia DHT, with trendy "MOAR BLOCKCHAIN" glued on for marketing/fundraising purposes.

networks.

claycoins

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 09:57:00 AM

networks.

Always bet on ICE?  Grin

Anduril_FotW

Activity: 413
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 09:59:12 AM

So big whale.... A week ago I saw lisk whale had a 2k btc sell wall, now is maidsafe whale has 1200 btc wall, they can sell proportionally for more profit, this big sell wall will scare investors. Unless he is the pumper and dumper, nobody will buy his wall. Ridiculous rich whale.    Shocked Shocked

Think about this:
Who in their right mind would trust an exchange like Polo with 1200 or 2000 BTC ?
Right, precisely nobody.
So the whale is Polo itself.
No other logical explanation.

"The Blade that was Broken shines again!"
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 10:25:10 AM

Think about this:
Who in their right mind would trust an exchange like Polo with 1200 or 2000 BTC ?
Right, precisely nobody.

I highly doubt that. Because the logic is not true. Many whales have too much trust in exchanges. Think back: MtGox - who would have trusted that exchange with much money? Many! Same with Bitfinex and it's the same with Poloniex.

There are > 100k accounts on Poloniex, most likely about 150k or something like that. And let's say 50 guys on Polo are very rich - and some of them are stupid. And we've seen big walls also in Ethereum and Factom.

Plus: If Polo would play shady games with a total lack of subtlety they could come into trouble with the SEC. And in my opinion Poloniex is where it is because they are professionals.
hollandvan

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 10:27:24 AM

Think about this:
Right, precisely nobody.

I highly doubt that. Because the logic is not true. Many whales have too much trust in exchanges. Think back: MtGox - who would have trusted that exchange with much money? Many! Same with Bitfinex and it's the same with Poloniex.

There are > 100k accounts on Poloniex, most likely about 150k or something like that. And let's say 50 guys on Polo are very rich - and some of them are stupid. And we've seen big walls also in Ethereum and Factom.

Plus: If Polo would play shady games with a total lack of subtlety they could come into trouble with the SEC. And in my opinion Poloniex is where it is because they are professionals.

Polo is biggest exchange now, and about SEC, polo has the license, so does bittrex, if i remember correctly.

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 10:38:45 AM

Think about this:
Right, precisely nobody.

Polo is biggest exchange now, and about SEC, polo has the license, so does bittrex, if i remember correctly.

Yes. But that is even more an argument in my opinion that they don't act shady. Most likely they are not allowed to trade at all.
sweet bird

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 11:54:41 AM

Having an eye at the project....
It took a great start,hope it'll continue its success journrey smoothly
nowclever

Activity: 91

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 12:00:44 PM

Think about this:
Right, precisely nobody.

Yes. But that is even more an argument in my opinion that they don't act shady. Most likely they are not allowed to trade at all.

Do you have the proof that they are shady? LOL, your argument is speculation.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 12:03:07 PM

Think about this:
Right, precisely nobody.

Do you have the proof that they are shady? LOL, your argument is speculation.

Is that a reaction on me? Because I wrote: "But that is even more an argument in my opinion that they don't act shady."
Arvydas77

Activity: 1092
Merit: 504

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2016, 12:05:57 PM

I'm waiting for funding campaign via the bnktothefuture to start. It would take the project to the next level. Factom came through this and they are doing very well. My guess that MAID has even greater potential.  

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Anduril_FotW

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 02:00:56 PM

Think about this:
Right, precisely nobody.

You make a good point. Could be that indeed a few whales are stupid (rich ?) enough to put that much BTC on their Polo accounts.
And if they really manipulate the markets as skillfully as it seems, maybe they make enough money to calculate in the risk of an exchange getting hacked and their BTC stolen.
But then again, if the SEC really checks up on activities on Polo, that would mean that these whales could also be prosecuted for manipulating the market right ?
And it doesn't seem like that is happening, since everything in cryptoland is blatantly manipulated.
So it doesn't seem like the SEC is controlling anything crypto related, which would mean Polo could also do what they want right ?
All they have to do is create a false user account and use that to make their dodgy trades.

Anduril_FotW

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 02:02:18 PM

I'm waiting for funding campaign via the bnktothefuture to start. It would take the project to the next level. Factom came through this and they are doing very well. My guess that MAID has even greater potential.  

Fund campaign or FUD campaign ?

I think both will start at the same time...  Wink

pokemanvanish

Activity: 71

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 02:22:53 PM

Fund campaign or FUD campaign ?

I think both will start at the same time...  Wink

You fud? FUD maid and polo, oh poor boy, if you are poor, don't defame polo, they are very clean, but your mouth is not clean, you are very shady.
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: