Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:06:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] IPO of MaidSafe:  Entering the Future of the Decentralized Internet  (Read 579343 times)
jibble

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:49:12 PM

And if you want to buy 10,000 maidsafe coins for 0.42 btc currently* instead of 1 btc go here instead https://www.masterxchange.com/market.php?currency=maid  buy twice as much for cheaper

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 03:13:24 AM

can someone explain to me how this is supposed to decentralize the internet? does it provide incentives for entrepreneurs to provide parallel or alternative data transmission models. does it reward mesh net node operators? i cant find anything about this sort of thing. From what i read it looks like a new layer that is going to be added to the top of existing infrastructure, if this is true it wouldn't be decentralizing the internet at all. decentralizing data storage maybe. but "the internet" can only be defined as the network of cables and satellites that connect computers. the internet is a collection of physical objects like routers and fiber optic cables and satellites, not data or information abstractions.

At present operators who provide storage to the P2P network are rewarded.  I don't know why you did not read that in the whitepapers. 

There are two big problems with cloud storage operators:

(1) The possibility that the business is shut down (see case of megaupload)
(2) The lack of privacy.

Maidsafe decentralizes the storage of data and therefore of information.

i mean yea you can read right there in my quote that i said "decentralizing data storage maybe" and then went on to draw the distinction between decentralizing the way that data is stored and decentralizing the internet. so i take it from your comment that your are saying that you do not know of any mechanism in maidsafe that will act as incentive for the decentralization of the internet?

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 03:27:20 AM

can someone explain to me how this is supposed to decentralize the internet? does it provide incentives for entrepreneurs to provide parallel or alternative data transmission models. does it reward mesh net node operators? i cant find anything about this sort of thing. From what i read it looks like a new layer that is going to be added to the top of existing infrastructure, if this is true it wouldn't be decentralizing the internet at all. decentralizing data storage maybe. but "the internet" can only be defined as the network of cables and satellites that connect computers. the internet is a collection of physical objects like routers and fiber optic cables and satellites, not data or information abstractions.

At present operators who provide storage to the P2P network are rewarded.  I don't know why you did not read that in the whitepapers. 

(2) The lack of privacy.

i mean yea you can read right there in my quote that i said "decentralizing data storage maybe" and then went on to draw the distinction between decentralizing the way that data is stored and decentralizing the internet. so i take it from your comment that your are saying that you do not know of any mechanism in maidsafe that will act as incentive for the decentralization of the internet?

It's probably best to direct your question at Fraser Hutchinson Maidsafe's most credible staff member on the development board rather than ask someone who doesn't understand your question https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/maidsafe-development
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 03:58:07 AM

How could Maidsafe make this right? Could they offer extra all the people that used bitcoin extra maidsafecoin?

Of course. I would call it giving bitcoin investors equal to what the mastercoin investors received. In a regulated market what happened with maidsafe would actually be illegal.

Yeah the more I am reading into this the more concerned I am.

This explains the instant price drop post-IPO, I had no idea the offering wasn't equal.

I hope Maidsafe does right by us.

Does Maidsafe want to respond?
kooke

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:06:56 AM

How could Maidsafe make this right? Could they offer extra all the people that used bitcoin extra maidsafecoin?

Of course. I would call it giving bitcoin investors equal to what the mastercoin investors received. In a regulated market what happened with maidsafe would actually be illegal.

Yeah the more I am reading into this the more concerned I am.

This explains the instant price drop post-IPO, I had no idea the offering wasn't equal.

I hope Maidsafe does right by us.

Does Maidsafe want to respond?

They responded earlier by beating around the bush about how the ipo was a big shock and they want to thank everybody blah blah blah. Basically they anticipated that msc would rise to 0.2 from people buying it to exchange for msafe, which is a clear pump-and-dump on their part. The project does have promise, but they really messed up their ipo.

drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:10:45 AM

They responded earlier by beating around the bush about how the ipo was a big shock and they want to thank everybody blah blah blah. Basically they anticipated that msc would rise to 0.2 from people buying it to exchange for msafe, which is a clear pump-and-dump on their part. The project does have promise, but they really messed up their ipo.

Well they can very easily make it right for us. Give the bitcoin holders x% more maidsafecoin.

There is still time to right the wrongs.
niner

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

You are here ---------> but you're not all there.

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 04:11:25 AM

Wall Street Journal article on the crowdsale (from 24-April) ...

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2014/04/24/bitbeat-maidsafes-manic-offer-highlights-hot-bitcoin-2-0/

Ⓑ Ⓘ Ⓣ Ⓒ Ⓞ Ⓘ Ⓝ 1NMBixVgJyA63MExRuChcxjhKAW1QkvZU4
digital49ers.com   bitcoin.de   Alt Coins: CryptsyVircurex
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:21:34 AM

(2) The lack of privacy.

It's probably best to direct your question at Fraser Hutchinson Maidsafe's most credible staff member on the development board rather than ask someone who doesn't understand your question https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/maidsafe-development

perhaps but i was trying to avoid wasting the time of someone important if there were people here who knew the answer. maybe thats not going to happen though. point taken.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:25:14 AM

At present operators who provide storage to the P2P network are rewarded.  I don't know why you did not read that in the whitepapers.  

(2) The lack of privacy.

perhaps but i was trying to avoid wasting the time of someone important if there were people here who knew the answer. maybe thats not going to happen though. point taken.

You'd expect to find someone important there, but you'd be surprised. Don't forget this is a company that just diluted investors money 1 part to 2 with Mastercoin junk. They're either a smooth bunch of criminals taking advantage of an unregulated market or thick as pig shit.

After interacting with David I think it's the later but he has shown his blatent dishonesty several times now. Please read this thread baring in mind I'm buymaidsafe and both David Irvine and Bob Marins claims are both illogical and outright lies (for the purpose of distracting/misleading investors) https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/maidsafe-development/QYrB4pC1B_0
blackhatzw

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:51:34 AM

safe coin will be the best one in altcoins
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:54:22 AM

safe coin will be the best one in altcoins

it may even substitute bitcoin

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
shuazi

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 08:08:42 AM

the price was lower than IPO,why Huh
msc was cheaper than btc to invest safecoin,why Huh
hope time tell us its a good invest,but i just look at it.
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 08:32:43 AM

Price was lower than Bitcoin to MaidSafecoin IPO, not the Mastercoin to MaidSafecoin IPO.

0.00002 was apparently higher than the IPO for Mastercoin users.

So the only losers are the people who put Bitcoin into MaidSafecoin.
shuazi

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 09:36:05 AM

Price was lower than Bitcoin to MaidSafecoin IPO, not the Mastercoin to MaidSafecoin IPO.

ya,its not fair now.
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 09:15:26 PM

ya,its not fair now.

Mr Irvine is keeping very quiet about this issue.
mcjavar

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 09:56:41 PM

Hi! I was not following the story, and can´t find any proper information now: what happened to the "mtgox coins" flowing into the ipo?
ejinte

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 10:51:25 PM

Hi! I was not following the story, and can´t find any proper information now: what happened to the "mtgox coins" flowing into the ipo?
150btc might or might not have been going into it, but probably now

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.6%-1% House Edge
kooke

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 11:46:53 PM

ya,its not fair now.

Mr Irvine is keeping very quiet about this issue.

He wasn't quiet when maidsafecoins were selling like hotcakes  Undecided

BldSwtTrs
Legendary

Activity: 861
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 12:18:03 AM

Do you know guys how long masterxchange takes before credited a MSAFE deposit?

Is it automatic or manual?
zrunfeng

Activity: 585

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 12:34:40 AM

This ipo is too expensive,and it is hard to rise
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: