Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:24:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] IPO of MaidSafe:  Entering the Future of the Decentralized Internet  (Read 579343 times)
MemoryShock

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 04:53:43 PM

Link? The fact that these guys collected $3Mil and don't have a working product is absolutely beyond me.  You will never attract a strong dev community without an inexpensive entry point.  With any large IPO, you will have the crypto dev team, and a bunch of sock puppet cheerleaders, not much else.  If I'm a dev, and buy Maidsafe at a $100Mil marketcap, I expect all development to be completed by the core team.  With that said, I hope Maidsafe is successful because the idea alone is good for all crytpo.

Most of the activity occurs on Google+...

https://plus.google.com/+MaidsafeNet/posts

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:17:39 PM

Link? The fact that these guys collected $3Mil and don't have a working product is absolutely beyond me.  You will never attract a strong dev community without an inexpensive entry point.  With any large IPO, you will have the crypto dev team, and a bunch of sock puppet cheerleaders, not much else.  If I'm a dev, and buy Maidsafe at a $100Mil marketcap, I expect all development to be completed by the core team.  With that said, I hope Maidsafe is successful because the idea alone is good for all crytpo.

Most of the activity occurs on Google+...

https://plus.google.com/+MaidsafeNet/posts

Bunch of videos of core team and heavily-moderated chat responses.....cool.
zxbball

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:29:29 PM

how can i farming?
MemoryShock

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:31:40 PM

how can i farming?

The Safe Network isn't up yet (3ish months)...that is when information will be provided on how we can start Farming.

Time frame is an estimate based on what the Maidsafe team has stated.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
MemoryShock

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:13:09 PM

New blog just posted.  It's a good read in my opinion...

http://blog.maidsafe.net/2014/05/14/the-economics-of-safecoin/

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 06:26:50 PM

They actually have a very interested and active dev community...hype from the crypto side won't happen until this community starts understanding DACS and Smart Properties...which has already begun to an extent.

POS is already a thing of the past...kind of...Wink

Link? The fact that these guys collected $3Mil and don't have a working product is absolutely beyond me.  You will never attract a strong dev community without an inexpensive entry point.  With any large IPO, you will have the crypto dev team, and a bunch of sock puppet cheerleaders, not much else.  If I'm a dev, and buy Maidsafe at a $100Mil marketcap, I expect all development to be completed by the core team.  With that said, I hope Maidsafe is successful because the idea alone is good for all crytpo.

They have more discussions at maidsafe.org. Like I mentioned earlier, the devs are very ambitious and reading some of the threads there, it does seem like there are many kinks to be worked out.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
nonny12

Activity: 362

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 12:34:28 AM

Do you mean MadeSafeCoin instead of MaidSafeCoin? Serious question. I think of a lady cleaning hotels or the robot maid from the Jettsons when I see this coin.
Girth

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 03:55:33 AM

Do you mean MadeSafeCoin instead of MaidSafeCoin? Serious question. I think of a lady cleaning hotels or the robot maid from the Jettsons when I see this coin.

https://i.imgur.com/di0FA4U.jpg

The name does bring imagery to mind.
ejinte

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 09:45:38 AM

I've been watching the walls at masterxchange and last two weeks there's been plenty of buying pressure around 2800-3000 Satoshis and selling pressure around 3000-3200. I suspect many of the asks is from the same person as I saw about 500 000maidsafe ask t pulled between 3000-3500 and later they come back.  Is anyone else watching? I find it interesting. Like in the old they when I was watching MtGox walls.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.6%-1% House Edge
yzhi

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 09:47:11 AM

Where is the IPO address thats suppose to show up after the timer reach 0?
paulsonnumismatics

Activity: 265

Honni Soit Qui Mal i Pense

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 11:03:36 AM

Really, REALLY after countless threads on Bitcointalk i still cant understand why some people just enter on a discussion to add nothing but smarty 2nd tier sarcasm.
Man, if you don't like the SAFE project, and you don't like the devs/users/IPO/project/direction/whitepapers/soda/music thing.... Just go buy some Pandacoins or something.

The main feature on the moderated threads on Maidsafe.org and google groups is precisely to avoid empty data like the one you generate here. Those are busy people trying to build something  very, very complex. Of course, you will have another low tier disdain answer. Pre-answer: I don't care about you.

Trying to get back to topic somehow, about the buy/sell walls on Masterexchange... Not sure. It must be a Mastercoin holder, as the whole price currently is way below the BTC IPO. To be able to check if all is from a lone guy... Impossible to know. Im just trying to buy in the dips, like everyone else. ^_^

This space is for lease, apparently.
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 12:25:15 PM

The main feature on the moderated threads on Maidsafe.org and google groups is precisely to avoid empty data like the one you generate here. Those are busy people trying to build something  very, very complex. Of course, you will have another low tier disdain answer. Pre-answer: I don't care about you.

Incorrect you're delusional if you've read google groups/their forum and you believe this.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 01:11:35 PM

Incorrect you're delusional if you've read google groups/their forum and you believe this.

Can you explain?
Chang Hum

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 01:21:23 PM

The main feature on the moderated threads on Maidsafe.org and google groups is precisely to avoid empty data like the one you generate here. Those are busy people trying to build something  very, very complex. Of course, you will have another low tier disdain answer. Pre-answer: I don't care about you.

Can you explain?

Valid questions that are perceived by the group as undermining the "maidsafe religion" are met with great hostility and troll name calling, I could pull at least 20 examples to make this point but I happen to be reading one now! https://www.maidsafe.org/t/how-does-maidsafe-solve-double-spending/257/48

Idiotic questions or nonsensical conversations which waste time on the other hand are graciously embraced.
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 01:36:15 PM

The main feature on the moderated threads on Maidsafe.org and google groups is precisely to avoid empty data like the one you generate here. Those are busy people trying to build something  very, very complex. Of course, you will have another low tier disdain answer. Pre-answer: I don't care about you.

Can you explain?

Valid questions that are perceived by the group as undermining the "maidsafe religion" are met with great hostility and troll name calling, I could pull at least 20 examples to make this point but I happen to be reading one now! https://www.maidsafe.org/t/how-does-maidsafe-solve-double-spending/257/48

Idiotic questions or nonsensical conversations which waste time on the other hand are graciously embraced.

That thread is interesting, I think it's a good example for Maidsafe though, many people came to the defense of the 'troll' and continue to explain their concepts.

It's a shame the community went again the guy in the first place, does seem a bit religious, but at least the community seemed to go back on track.
Chang Hum

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 01:43:16 PM

Can you explain?

That thread is interesting, I think it's a good example for Maidsafe though, many people came to the defense of the 'troll' and continue to explain their concepts.

It's a shame the community went again the guy in the first place, does seem a bit religious, but at least the community seemed to go back on track.

I agree it's good people came to his defense specifically the Admin guy David. Sadly the turnaround in this example seems like kids changing their behavior because they got told off by teacher. If the Admin hadn't stepped in these guys would have been determined to break his argument by group force rather than through logic, reasoning, maths and information.
nonlinearboy

Activity: 703

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 01:47:21 PM

I join in the IPO via btc, but the price is below the IPO price,
what's the next plan of the dev team?
can't wait.
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 02:01:38 PM

I agree it's good people came to his defense specifically the Admin guy David. Sadly the turnaround in this example seems like kids changing their behavior because they got told off by teacher. If the Admin hadn't stepped in these guys would have been determined to break his argument by group force rather than through logic, reasoning, maths and information.

I agree with you, before the admin and irvine showed up it really wasn't looking good for him, being branded a troll for asking questions.

I really want to see some code too, it's too much talk at the moment.

Also there will be competitors in the storage space, I think sia is one of them, and Nxt and Ethereum may enable their own solutions.

They need to act fast.
Chang Hum

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 02:15:53 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2014, 11:36:28 AM by Chang Hum

I agree with you, before the admin and irvine showed up it really wasn't looking good for him, being branded a troll for asking questions.

I really want to see some code too, it's too much talk at the moment.

Also there will be competitors in the storage space, I think sia is one of them, and Nxt and Ethereum may enable their own solutions.

They need to act fast.

I'd argue Irvines actually one of the worst for this which is pretty ironic given he's trying to build a decentralized internet, citing feedom of speech to the world as one of the reasons

In this example David Irvine tells an outright lie to ban me, branding me a scammer and promoting a dictatorial voting system that involves him clicking ban if he hears something he doesn't like:

I can find another example were he's asked for vote a if I should be banned after he's already banned me! Then proclaims "it looks like he's left on his own accord already!!" The guys really fake...

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/maidsafe-development/QYrB4pC1B_0

David Irvine    
Apr 27

Re: [maidsafe-development] Re: Buy Maidsafe

Folks, I have banned that person now, I know we have a voting system, but he is a scammer. He is using counterparty tokens to pretend they are msafe. Feel free to comment or challenge this decision. I hate making it, but I think we should now have a rule that any direct attack on people is instant ban.

I do not mind me getting flac I am pretty resilient, but I won't allow this community to be attacked like that. Sorry, but He is banned, I strongly suspect it is the same person who tried to sell us the counterparty name for 5 btc.   spoke with counterparty about it and they rightly said they cannot do anything about it. This is not a counterparty verses mastercoin issue, those projects seem to get along. It is just scammers I am afraid.

I think our forums may have to look at dealing with this issue as well. It will get bad fast if we do not put it down.

Sorry folks.
Momimaus

Activity: 767

Never back down !!!

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 02:33:59 PM

Hey Chang Hum,

please just go away.

We got your point, but you are telling the same things over and over again.

Yes you don´t like, so move on, and stop spamming this thread.

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: