Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:50:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] IPO of MaidSafe:  Entering the Future of the Decentralized Internet  (Read 579343 times)
gustav

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:55:35 AM

i wait for the clone with no ipo and finished product. I will buy the advanced clone of this if it is any good. Buying coins that you can not withdraw from exchange is not my thing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nmak

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:47:13 AM

The same people in here still bashing the IPO and maidsafe in general? Funny, you would think that people who are not even involved/invested in this coin would find something better to do with their time and energy. You know, like how about instead of continuously trying to devalue others' investments you focus on your own fucking money. I'm just going to assume that either 1) you don't have any valuable assets of your own to be concerned about, or 2) you do have valuable assets of your own but you are terrible at time management and don't understand that all the investigations and time spent trying to derail this coin with long-winded useless posts could have been spent supporting/advancing your current investments and researching potential new investment opportunities, or 3) you are simply a troll and derive pleasure from fucking with other people.

Stormia,

I guess people just love complaining even when everything was clear from the get go, aside from the simple fact that in life - perfection in doing anything is never guaranteed!!
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 02:20:50 AM

i wait for the clone with no ipo and finished product. I will buy the advanced clone of this if it is any good. Buying coins that you can not withdraw from exchange is not my thing.

I imagine safecoin will need regular updates to work out all the kinks once it's released. Whoever clones it is probably not going to be able to patch bugs faster than the maidsafe team. Plus there's already a user base who's infested into this project and will support it, whereas a clone will have a hard time gaining traction with no community support.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 12:52:25 PM

The same people in here still bashing the IPO and maidsafe in general? Funny, you would think that people who are not even involved/invested in this coin would find something better to do with their time and energy. You know, like how about instead of continuously trying to devalue others' investments you focus on your own fucking money. I'm just going to assume that either 1) you don't have any valuable assets of your own to be concerned about, or 2) you do have valuable assets of your own but you are terrible at time management and don't understand that all the investigations and time spent trying to derail this coin with long-winded useless posts could have been spent supporting/advancing your current investments and researching potential new investment opportunities, or 3) you are simply a troll and derive pleasure from fucking with other people.

You wouldn't even reply if you knew it was just trolling.
The questions I raised are the very basic questions that any investors should have asked himself.
And you know what ? Most investors did not.
As you look very irritated, almost insulting me directly, I guess that you are in that case.

I don't care what you invest in. I am getting pissed-off people launching IPO everyday for scamming or just asking money for a legit project they didn't even start...
Of course the idea behind maidsafe is amazing but hey... it is not worth sending millions of dollars.
loveyouforever

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 02:42:37 AM

How and when can I mine safecoin?
master-P

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 04:04:32 AM

I imagine safecoin will need regular updates to work out all the kinks once it's released.

here:
www.maidsafe.org

What does that link have to do with what I wrote? I already know that there's an active community discussing msafe and devs posting on the Google group. The point that I was trying to make is that cloning safecoin privacy went have much effect. Look at all the litecoin clones that ended up being forgotten after their initial hype.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
ejinte

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 11:01:00 AM

Most of the asks are fake and get's pulled as soon as someone tries to buy the,

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.6%-1% House Edge
MemoryShock

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 05:42:09 PM

September-Octoberish if things go well this summer. It won't be mining either, but farming.  Essentially, you earn safecoin by allocating disk space on your computer for the Safe Netowrk in excess of the amount of resources from the Safe Network that your computer uses.

Most of the asks are fake and get's pulled as soon as someone tries to buy the,

That is interesting but not entirely surprising.  Who wants to be the one who says that they sold at a loss parts of a company that is developing something that had never been done before?

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
kenboy

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 05:51:21 PM

it is a too big ipo~~and i am too small
KingTuna

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 04:53:20 PM

I hear September is a very likely scenario. I am confident that this technology will be massive, on a grand scale. We could easily see good returns. Who knows, perhaps $1/Safecoin.
Italian Technology

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 09:26:19 PM

September-Octoberish if things go well this summer. It won't be mining either, but farming.  Essentially, you earn safecoin by allocating disk space on your computer for the Safe Netowrk in excess of the amount of resources from the Safe Network that your computer uses.

This means i become a server on which they can store all data that passes through the safe network?
MemoryShock

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 09:43:13 PM

This means i become a server on which they can store all data that passes through the safe network?

Not quite.  You become a 'server' which portions of files will be stored, the allocation of such being more or less decided by random.  The purpose of only storing a portion of a file is to insure security.

Say you have a file that you want saved on the Safe Network.  It will get broken down to four seperate pieces and stored on four separate computers.  Since each of the four computers only have a portion of the file, they cannot see/access the entire file.  You would be the only one with access to all of the four pieces.

So yeah...you become a 'server' for fractions of files...but they may or may not remain on your computer for the entirety of the files existence (I think).

Not sure how the Safe Network will decide how much of your unused computer space to use but people are already talking about buying disk space specifically for this so there should be plenty of space for everything...

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
master-P

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 01:21:23 AM

Not quite.  You become a 'server' which portions of files will be stored, the allocation of such being more or less decided by random.  The purpose of only storing a portion of a file is to insure security.

Say you have a file that you want saved on the Safe Network.  It will get broken down to four seperate pieces and stored on four separate computers.  Since each of the four computers only have a portion of the file, they cannot see/access the entire file.  You would be the only one with access to all of the four pieces.

So yeah...you become a 'server' for fractions of files...but they may or may not remain on your computer for the entirety of the files existence (I think).

Not sure how the Safe Network will decide how much of your unused computer space to use but people are already talking about buying disk space specifically for this so there should be plenty of space for everything...

I think if they're able to get the farming concept running smoothly, bitcoin mining could see some real competition. Unlike BTC mining, which now requires expensive ASIC machines that are available to a few, farming can be carried out using computer hardware that people already own.

MemoryShock

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 01:45:02 AM

I think if they're able to get the farming concept running smoothly, bitcoin mining could see some real competition. Unlike BTC mining, which now requires expensive ASIC machines that are available to a few, farming can be carried out using computer hardware that people already own.

I think so to and in my random posting of Maidsafe news (I follow what is going on and try and let people around me know) was asked if there would be a bump in the market for HD's caused by farming.  It is definitely a possibility but mass adoption will be required and Safecoin will need to be profitable (though running a computer is a lot different than ASIC's)...I think mass adoption will be a key point for the HD market to see a real effect because 5 billion coins is a lot.

But there is a possibility that when the Safe Network goes live that they'll be worth quite a bit.  Right now, Market cap on BTC is over 8 billion.  If Safecoin can reach half billion market cap on launch or soon thereafter (since they are useful in a very big way) we would see a dollar a coin...and then external hard drives are potentially a great investment.

I've got one ready regardless.  I love the tech and will be spreading the news for non crypto reasons more and more as we get closer...

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:05:33 AM

Is this coin dead  Huh
ejinte

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:02:03 AM

Is this coin dead  Huh

Are you kidding. Look at maidsafe.org

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.6%-1% House Edge
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 11:12:43 PM

This thread is fairly quiet so if you want to see the updates your best bet is to look at the google drive document and the maidsafe site
Site: http://maidsafe.net/
Source code: https://github.com/maidsafe
https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!overview

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
MemoryShock

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 07:41:13 PM

New article regarding Maidsafe and a similar project, Storj...

http://cointelegraph.com/news/111758/how_blockchain_tech_could_revolutionize_data_storage

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
blackhatzw

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 03:49:19 AM

Any update?
MemoryShock

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:20:16 AM

Any update?

There are links a page or two back which can help gauge the activity of the project.  No official update regarding the first testnet yet though...

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: