Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:17:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 [208] 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 ... 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583017 times)
karmala

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:16:27 PM

Ooh a secondary coin that is merge-mined with Karma would be nice haha.

I remember buying at 40 litoshi and thinking,"This coin is definitely going places."

Too bad my 80MH in asics can't mine karma anymore, but I'll be multipooling and buying in everyday!

look out for our whitepaper comming out in the next weeks

Telgram messenger with attention economy http://r.getgems.org/m/TuJXXBal9o

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
p4r4m0un7

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:30:16 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2014, 07:13:16 AM by p4r4m0un7

Mining contest is going well. Now is time for the creative persons of our community to step up. Karma team members can also participate.
Today I am starting contest with a first place award of 2 000 000 (TWO MILLION) KARMA. No consolation awards. The rules are as follows:
1. At least 5 participants
2. Every participant can provide more than 1 photo. No limit about this.
3. Photos must contain KARMA logo and GOT KARMA? written or drawn by hand (Not printed). So only the GOT KARMA? must be written or drawn by a hand, which includes graphite drawing. I don`t care about the logo if it is printed or drawn by a hand, but it must be our original logo.
4. Photos can be for example selfie with a popular person and you wearing t-shirt with KARMA logo and GOT KARMA?, photo on the top of a skyscraper holding KARMA logo and GOT KARMA?, photo of somebody jumping with parachute holding KARMA logo and GOT KARMA?, nice graphite drawing of our logo and GOT KARMA? and all other things that crosses your mind.
5. The last day of this campaign is 1-st of September. No photos will be accepted on 2-nd of September. (exceptions for delayed photos only if I see on the photo Barack Obama or Queen Elizabeth  Grin)
6. You can post your pictures here, forum, facebook and karmashare.me. You must pm me here with a link to the original post.
7. The winner will be chosen by community vote in our forum. Voting will continue 3 days, but I want at least 25 votes. If we don`t have 25 votes, we shall extend the voting period. If there is a tie between two or more photos and/or persons, I suggest our respectful Marketing & PR workgroup moderators easteagle13 and jasondecosta to choose the winning photo. If jasondecosta decide to participate, me and easteagle13 will have the last word.

These are the rules. Do not cheat! I will catch you. Believe me. Do not use any tools to make your photos look better. If I catch someone cheating, all of his/her photos will be disqualified. This is a real life contest. I am not encouraging you to do something dangerous or stupid, but to win this, it is obvious that you have to be a little crazy. So happy shooting.

Me and easteagle13 are splitting the funding for this. 1 mill comes from me and 1 mill from him. This is not an official karma marketing project.

GOT KARMA?

One month timeframe! I will participate for sure Cheesy

Initially I was thinking of 2 weeks. But then I realized, that nice graphite, parachute jump, finding somebody famous and all other crazy things takes time. I mean, if this is to be big, it needs time for preparation. And one more thing. I want at least 5 participants.
karmala

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:45:45 PM

Mining contest is going well. Now is time for the creative persons of our community to step up. Karma team members can also participate.
Today I am starting contest with a first place award of 2 000 000 (TWO MILLION) KARMA. No consolation awards. The rules are as follows:
1. At least 5 participants
2. Every participant can provide more than 1 photo. No limit about this.
3. Photos must contain KARMA logo and GOT KARMA? written or drawn by hand (Not printed). So only the GOT KARMA? must be written or drawn by a hand, which includes graphite drawing. I don`t care about the logo if it is printed or drawn by a hand, but it must be our original logo.
4. Photos can be for example selfie with a popular person and you wearing t-shirt with KARMA logo and GOT KARMA?, photo on the top of a skyscraper holding KARMA logo and GOT KARMA?, photo of somebody jumping with parachute holding KARMA logo and GOT KARMA?, nice graphite drawing of our logo and GOT KARMA? and all other things that crosses your mind.
5. The last day of this campaign is 1-st of September. No photos will be accepted on 2-nd of September. (exceptions for delayed photos only if I see on the photo Barack Obama or Queen Elizabeth  Grin)
6. You can post your pictures here, forum, facebook and karmashare.me. You must pm me here with a link to the original post.
7. The winner will be chosen by community vote in our forum. Voting will continue 3 days, but I want at least 25 votes. If we don`t have 25 votes, we shall extend the voting period. If there is a tie between two or more photos and/or persons, I suggest our respectful Marketing & PR workgroup moderators easteagle13 and jasondecosta to choose the winning photo. If jasondecosta decide to participate, me and easteagle13 will have the last word.

These are the rules. Do not cheat! I will catch you. Believe me. Do not use any tools to make your photos look better. If I catch someone cheating, all of his/her photos will be disqualified. This is a real life contest. I am not encouraging you to do something dangerous or stupid, but to win this, it is obvious that you have to be a little crazy. So happy shooting.

GOT KARMA?

One month timeframe! I will participate for sure Cheesy

Initially I was thinking of 2 weeks. But then I realized, that nice graphite, parachute jump, finding somebody famous and all other crazy things takes time. I mean, if this is to be big, it needs time for preparation. And one more thing. I want at least 5 participants.

can anybody here provide the logo in a resolution which is high enough for a bigger print? By the way, I need somebody to make a vector graphic of our logo. It is needed for our cold storage provider bitkee.com

kosmost

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 07:50:04 PM

can anybody here provide the logo in a resolution which is high enough for a bigger print? By the way, I need somebody to make a vector graphic of our logo. It is needed for our cold storage provider bitkee.com

I'm assuming you need the .ai file?

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy
karmala

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:52:26 PM

Vote if you want to extend the current fundraiser on saving innocence or if you say its good lets move on.

http://karmashares.com/forums/index.php/topic,521.0.html

karmala

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:53:22 PM

frankly, I have no clue about it. Bitkee.com asked for a vector graphic... I know what it is but the file type and stuff...

kosmost

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 09:07:57 PM

frankly, I have no clue about it. Bitkee.com asked for a vector graphic... I know what it is but the file type and stuff...

I've messaged you. Thanks

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy
kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 09:10:34 PM

so far ... i don't like the x11 algorithm .....
oneoff

Activity: 148
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 09:19:24 PM

Said a former ASIC miner?

I love it, thinks it was the right way to go.

Maybe I should code a Tipping bot, instead of these well-known DDos bots. I would tip your Wallets until these were overloaded.
flound1129

Activity: 938

www.multipool.us

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 09:26:19 PM

The explorer seems to have issues displaying transactions.  This is a problem for me as I continually get email from users who think their transactions are not in the blockchain when in fact they are.

Can whoever is in charge of the block explorer look into this please?

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
karmala

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 09:38:38 PM

The explorer seems to have issues displaying transactions.  This is a problem for me as I continually get email from users who think their transactions are not in the blockchain when in fact they are.

ACG can you have look?

karmala

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 09:55:21 PM

Said a former ASIC miner?

I love it, thinks it was the right way to go.

its running so smoothly. There was not even a bump during the transition. Bang and it was another algo. Really good

Beachguy
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 10:30:36 PM

http://karma.explorer.altcoin.dk/chain/Karmacoin?count=12&hi=255010

it looks like the block explorer found the right chain

... and no the stats for p2pool are not working properly. i am in the process of debugging it. payouts are working like a charm though.

I've never experienced a coin and its wallet being hard forked. Although, it went smooth as glass, I can only imagine what went on behind the scenes.
pointed my4 Blizzard asics to Redd a P2Pool (dang if they are going PoSV this Saturday) and switch the 4 GPU's already mining pyra coin (x11) right over to Karma X11 and never missed a lick.
Sure, the hash rate graphs had to get sorted out and the servers block explorer had to catch up, but the Pool was hashing and sending Karma to the wallet.
By this afternoon its all like Karma never experienced a major overhaul. It's been a great day mining Karma X11.

Only thing missing is those 60~90MHs Asics. Meh!
Thanks again altcoingood and the rest of the Karma Team. Two Thumbs.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
toeshe

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 10:51:14 PM

just fired up my miner 18mh\s pointed at karma
Alphi

Activity: 798

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 11:23:42 PM

alphi.. you know i like you and all.. but do not compare karma with sat2 man.  Grin

as i mention before, but seems to have gone unseen. the answer to the mass coin solution is there. we just have to think outside the box.

perhaps a merged mining that would be equivalent to 1000 karma.

or as i mention before:POBi Proof of burn investing.  invest in karma shares at x10 rate by burning your coins.

Perhaps the feature is not yet explored. Few months ago no one thought of sidechaining. maybe few months later a new feature will come out.

Here is my idea:
i for one would love a KarmaCloud. a coin that stores information. p2p chat, file sharing etc

I foresee cloud space will be the future demand. Expensive as land is now. Karmanians could donate cloud space to needed facilities around the world.

We can already see the ISP trying to capitalize in data. Radio /phone calling / txting /  is already dying. Data transferring and the way they get transfer is the future.

it take no genius to understand that remote computers will be the future. no one will own a tower. soon they will only sign up in cloud space and virtually remote a computer to do stuff. this will make tablet to be futuristic. a flat panel with only minimal features like camera , wi-fi (or what ever technology will be in use few yrs form now) where all you do is remote connect to a very powerful computer. Hell i am remote controlling my comp and typing via my iphone as i type this.

Imagine now, karma wallets . connected to 1 millions users. 1 Million nodes. our own "networks towers"

To live up to our end Goals. we could support public facilites around the world by donating them space and cpu usage. all they will need is tablets and our network and they can access all the school info and the internet to search for material

We already have know the race to monopolize data has began. Just like fiat, we can avoid a lot of middle man benefiting by data usage

I agree Sat/Sat2 does not even compare to Karma.. I just used that example because it is the only coin that I know of that has done a reverse split and as we can see from the price.. it doesn't appear to have gone too well for them.

I believe Sat may end up getting delisted from Mintpal soon and so too might a couple more coins from the LTC market.. which means Karma only needs to stick around in order to benefit from the reduced selection of coins.

as far as the granularity issue of the BTC market is concerned.. its not really an issue because its only a couple of extra clicks to buy your Karm in the LTC market where it appears to have more volume anyways. I have no problem moving into and out of BTC/LTC/KARM

I agree with you that there are mountains of possibilities that we can use blockchain technology for. Some of those such as Messaging and File Sharing/Storage have projects already going on with their own blockchains (Bitmessage and Maidsafe).

when it comes to blockchain technology, DRM is one idea that I don't think anyone has touched yet as far as I know... another is P2P Secure Encrypted Skype style/Voice chat.
A P2P version of Twitter where you tweet by burning coins is another idea which may or may not be in development.

I would love to see Karma one day being used to buy and sell products similar to the Oxfam FairTrade program where people using Karma know that the profits from products they buy with KARM are going direct to producers or to support charity.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
altcoingood

Activity: 172

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 11:43:26 PM

Yes ofcourse.

Can you provide some of the transaction ids?
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 01:25:05 AM

guys remember to not get stuck in the price trap.

as we moved from scrypt to x11 algo it will take about a day or two before all the previous multipools sell all their scrypt mine coins. possible up until next Friday. depending on some pools.

do not be discouraged from first few days of sells.
Chargin

Activity: 184

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 01:49:49 AM

I was thinking about the sidechain for a while now...
It would be interesting to list Karmashares IPOCOS in some kind of system similar to Nxt or Bts.
Maybe proof of burn with a limited time frame will do the trick!
Or merge mining, crediting the already owners of karma with a fixed amount.

Proof of burn is a much better idea for the implementation of the side chain compared to merged mining which only benefits miners.

All we have proven while implementing the change to x11 is that traders (the pump on Cryptsy before the change to x11) have more of an impact than miners, which of course didn't create enough interest to stop the dump after the change. Miners are the cost of keeping cryptocurrencies secure, traders are the main people that buy and sell it. Humour miners, some of them are traders but don't forget their real value lies in their trading not their mining.

No no.. LLC coins are there to stay.

What if we offer two ways to invest now.

One : the regular way as it is now.

two : the proof of burn : where investors get x10 points or something when he invest by sending the coins to an address that is not accessible ??

This is a great idea. Karmashares LLC doesn't need more Karma, it needs the value of the Karma it has to be higher.

Lowering total number of coins is much better

I agree, but we tried that already ..

When we reintroduced the KARM/BTC trading pair it
became apparent that we were going to get stuck in
the 2-3-4 satoshi range  ( ie the minimum 'tick' in satoshi
represents a huge percentage return ) ..
Who wouldn't buy @ 2sat  and offer @ 3sat to make 50% returns ??
Kosmost saw the problem right away and suggested we reverse split the
coin to accomplish two things .. lower the total number of KARM to a
more reasonable level and get away from single digit satoshi pricing ..
The community was polled and it was decided not to pursue that change ..

Triff ..

this is because a reverse split has been shown not to work just look at Sat2
following a bad idea with another bad idea wont make things better.

fundamentally the core problem with any Altcoin or any other market for that matter is Supply v Demand.

Revers splitting does not address the issue of over Supply.. it only masks it.. and the risk is that by tampering too much with a coin you can reduce its demand. (some clear examples... VRC, SAT2, DRK etc etc)

likewise pricing Karm in lots of 1000 is likely to have no lasting effect on supply or demand.

the switch to X11 and updating the wallet, even though it does not affect supply, seems to have a short term positive effect on demand. This means that even people like me who do not agree with how the decision was made, can't really complain.

proof of burn has a direct effect on Supply but in order for it to be effective you would have to offer investors something that has more potential (and more risk) than Karma itself.

now some people would argue that PoS would be better than the existing Karm pow System.. and if they are willing to put their Karm on the line for that belief then nothing should stop them.
just as long as they don't put my Karm on the line for their belief if I don't agree with them.
Proof of burn is one way (but not the only way) that people who believe in these new projects can clearly demonstrate their support and commitment.

all of these new projects are fine as long as they don't destroy the value of the coins owned by the people who do not agree with them.

so far the Karmashares team has stuck to this principle and so they should be commended for taking a cautious approach to implementing new ideas.

I must be the only person who isn't complaining about the price of Karm but right now I think its pretty good... I remember being one of the few people willing to buy this coin back when it was 35 litoshi and look where we are now...

Triffen, the community was polled, the community voted strongly in favour of doing a reverse split it and it was decided not to pursue that change due to technical considerations. The way you wrote it implies the community didn't want the change. I was in favour of the reverse split however I'm strongly in favour of price per 1000. They are very different things but have similar benefits.

Changing Karma on BTC markets so it is price per 1,000 WILL increase demand and decrease supply and it will have a lasting effect. Not everyone values Karma based on its IPOCOs.

Imagine you are a large trader that only trades in Bitcoin. Karma is only worth what people are willing to pay for it. For example currently on Mintpal 7 BTC worth of Karma are voting Karma is worth less than 3 Satoshi, 1 BTC is voting it is worth more than 2 Satoshi.  If you disagree with the 7 BTC people at 3 Satoshi, you now need somebody else to disagree more than you and buy out the 7 BTC people at 4 Satoshi before you can even consider selling. Nobody has bought at 3, why would you expect them to buy at 4 and why would those people expect somebody to buy at 5?

Supply is there because demand isn't due to the above.

The difference between Karma and SAT is that demand would never be there for SAT irrespective of any change, Karma will hit a price point where enough people believe in it that they will start to buy, however that needs to come before the people that read graphs write it off as a lemon.

You should care if the price is low now because it impacts chart readers value of Karma in the future.

Chargin.

Vote to get Karma listed on this exchange: https://hitbtc.com/vote (sign up to get a vote for 10 points, vote once every 24 hrs)
Minted

Activity: 147

DopeCoin! My Green Goddess!

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 02:14:47 AM

Just been reading back a few pages and had a right chuckle! All the flapping!
Have been with Karma from the start, highs and lows and back again. Bought at 10-20lit levels. Bought shares, although I wished I'd bought more. Put everything in my wallet and am still buying at this still ridiculously low price and I would suggest you all do the same.
Why all the worry with the price at the moment? Only a few btc have been sold out of the current supply. That was to be expected and quite honestly most people are holding out for a better price (or are waiting to see where we are going next before they decide to sell. The sell orders being their way of hedging their bets). We need this supply of coins for where Karma is going!
This price level is I consider good for Karma at the moment as new investors can still enter into our coin community for a very low risk. More community members = more skills, ideas and motivation. What we as a community need is to provide a welcoming atmosphere where ideas can flourish.
I honestly don't think we are making it quite clear that by just holding the coins, investors then belong to Karmashares LLC with all the potential and dividends that it brings. We need to make this quite obvious and clear. We have a great team at the moment with plenty of skill sets but we can do with a lot more. The framework has been provided we just need to grow on it. How much has been done in the last few months by a few committed people. Imagine how much more we can do in the coming months with an expanded community.
Anyway I need to sign off for now as I am desperately trying to round up every last bit of btc to turn into Karma at these prices now. Remember when we trebled to 30 litoshi and up from there...regrets anyone?

Go Karma!

>>>>The future is bright! The future is DOPE!<<<<
>>>>>>>>DopeCoin!     Enough said!<<<<<<<<
mouseman

Activity: 257

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 02:40:53 AM

Huge +1 on this. luqas0891, with that size of a bag you could easily spend a fraction of it over time offering bounties encouraging current and new members alike to do good promoting and getting further involved in both Karma the coin as well as KarmaShares. You could become a real Karma Kommunity Katalyst if you so choose. The larger the community and more active, well...that could significantly increase the value of your bag over time as a benefactor (even though you would be lowering your overall coin count by offering bounties). Just a thought.

Challenge accepted? Wink

i have 1 000 000 000 KARMA Smiley

You should use some of those coins to do us good :/

you can easily ask people to vote , upvote , share , tweet and what not for like 1000 karma.

Pages: « 1 ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 [208] 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 ... 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: