Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:50:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 ... 862 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65%  (Read 1260277 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 04:16:39 PM

whatever reason for this "reactor", I believe you should have asked the community first.
doing it like that, even in good faith, looks like you knew people wouldn't have liked it and you wanted to do it anyways.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 04:17:40 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2015, 04:31:25 PM by cryptonit

noone lose anything
only people who go the additional mile earn additional reward

like people who mine with 2 GPU mine double amount of coins compared to only 1 gpu

so people who invest into cloudmining run in POS² mode instead of only POS

the freedom to choose is at user side

noone can tell ya how many GPU u should buy and use for mining

noone will tell ya that u have to increase ur involvement with DMD to the POS² level

fact is there are people who envolve themself with the coin to a degree that they spend over 30000$ for it

and they deserve that everything will be dont to make their investment and this coin a successtory

and not a idealistic dreamland of decentralism and the love for the little miner

because the story of the little miner is just not true

im myself a little miner and i had absolute no problem gather 1500 dmd in this long time

and get your hands on 100 dmd cloudmining shares is easy for everyone

and noone is forced to do it but dont tell me the "its impossible for the little miner" fairy tale

ask stoody what a big miner and fat investor he is

but he have his 3 reactor slots filled........

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
mitache365

Activity: 731
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 04:34:58 PM

looks like you knew people wouldn't have liked it and you wanted to do it anyways.

who cares ? Smiley

BTC
pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 04:56:14 PM

Changes to the wallet must be liked and approved by the community, otherwise they will simply not upgrade. And if they don't, reactor will not work.
If enough people don't like the reactor, they can fork the source and put you out of your own coin.
Not that I want that to happen, just giving my two cents. :-)

Sneaking

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 04:57:32 PM

looks like you knew people wouldn't have liked it and you wanted to do it anyways.

who cares ? Smiley

Community does, investors does and miners too.
By justifying their own means they are not gonna get
Community behind theirself.

No need to change diamond to separate two class of ppls.
Money separates people nowdays just enaugh without it.
Poverty vs Dubai anyone?

Money does not have value. Coins either.
It is demand and supply that makes "value" changes.

And with low volume trade that "value" can be altered by small sell/buy trades. With such a low trade volume You are not going to magically make it stable. Printing more money creates inflation also. Witch in case makes investors to sell. Makig coin "valueless" means it is not anymore usable as trading equipment.
-Sneaking
hallared

Activity: 150
Merit: 101

The hen or the egg

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 05:24:20 PM

Thank you Cryptonit for your answers.

basical in the rollout plan above the green line POS coin rollout is weaker than estimated
(why POS coinrollout is weaker than estimated is because less people use POS and stake their coins than expected
and more coin-age is burned in transactions of "aged" coins than expected)
the reactor fill the gap so the coin rollout stay as planned

answer the plan is that reactor pos works same as other pos only higher rewards
a change in POS blocktime will be dicussed maybe we go from 600sec to 300 sec
initial we chose the high blocktime to make sure there will be ablways wallets who have unspend coin-age who try to create a POS block
as we see now that a lot people support the POS security of network with 24/7 wallets we consider to decrease blocktime a bit to raise the percentage of POS blocks at coin extraction

The above may be a part of the reason POS coin rollout is weaker than expected, but I think the main reason is that there are in fact not 6 POS blocks per hour in average, or 144 POS blocks per day, in theory 10% of the all blocks. I have followed the frequency of POS ever since the unfortunate stop of the POW blockchain in september 2014, and according to data taken from the blockchain the actual amount of POS blocks is about 4 blocks per hour in average during the period from september 2014 to january 2015. No wonder there’s less POS coins than expected when there should be about 50% more POS blocks. So to get better compliance with POS coin rollout plan, I personally think first measure should actually be to adjust the wallet code so there are in average 6 POS blocks per hour, and not 4. Right now, with this amount of POS blocks, and increasing network coin weight, it is rather difficult to POS. If the reactor comes into the picture and the amount of POS blocks will not be adjusted, it will probably be very difficult for "normal" wallets to POS. I know you earlier explained the coinpiles of Bob and Alice and the reactor, but in the reactor will be DMD foundation coins which, according to previous statement from Popshot, not have been able to POS before because foundation wallet is not staking, so these are new coinpiles that will compete for POS. The reactor in itself will generate higher POS rewards than normal and more POW coins will be generated continuosly so there will definitely be more new coinpiles competing for the POS blocks in the future. The question is if it’s enough with changing the blocktime to 300 sec in the long run, because if current code continue behave as before, that will only be around 8 blocks per hour. Possibly that will not be enough.
I do understand that there are difficulties in balancing coin stability and coin mechanichs, my conclusion is that the reactor project could be beneficial for the coin, but should be accompanied by an increase of the average amount of POS blocks.

If I choose the POS2 mode, are there any information regarding agreements/rules related to the reactor staking. Is it you Cryptonit, or Popshot, or both of you that is responsible for the reactor address and the money sent to it? For example, lets say i move 1500 DMD to the reactor address and fill 3 slots tomorrow, will I receive some sort of acknowledgement from you that you have received my coins for staking and that they still belong to me? Or do I see this information somewhere in DMD multipool? Lets say for some reason, I change my mind or by the end of february the staking reactor project get delayed, is it possible for me to get my 1500 DMD back, ie before they have started to stake in the reactor?

Sneaking

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 06:33:39 PM

Diamondcoin 24h volume was around 3 btc today.

Anyone having 30k$ sparemoney for investing? By having that 30k$ You are already considered rich.

You would get over ninethou... 150- 200 000 Diamondcoins by that money. Good luck selling it someday with 3 btc volume. Would take more than 180 years to sell all Your coins with that volume.

Buy diamonds with 5 btc * 0.00053281 ~ 9384 diamondcoins. With that You are presumably top 20 diamoncoin holder. Quantity is still so low that You don't need 30k$ For top 20.

In my opinon that engine thing creates credibility issues. Also it drives new investors away who would buy diamondcoins but not cloud thing. That decrease trading volume by long term and by that inflation is generated.
-Sneaking
SgtMoth

Activity: 910
Merit: 1004

buy silver!

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 06:37:30 PM

whatever reason for this "reactor", I believe you should have asked the community first.
doing it like that, even in good faith, looks like you knew people wouldn't have liked it and you wanted to do it anyways.

Im selling everything...
Sneaking

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 06:43:41 PM

Im selling everything...

By counterstrike terms this would be like changing de_dust server map to cs_estate by sudden.

Everyone just changes server.
Sneaking

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 07:06:11 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2015, 07:16:38 PM by Sneaking

How about to make POS multiplied with preranged changing variable with for example every 60 block? ~ 1hour.
So that if You have 10k diamonds * (1.5 - 0.5) = Your new POS value. We already have variable difficulty for POW so why not to implement one to POS too?

Changing POS multiplier could also be used to control POS amount globally from precalculated logarithmic curve. Too many = decrease multiplier. Too low POS = increase. That would encourage ppl to stake all the times.
-Sneaking
pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 07:10:45 PM

Im selling everything...

Moving coins to Cryptsy for the presumed dump! Please give me a bit to clear the confirmations.

paladin281978

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 07:12:17 PM

coins in the generator have an advantage over conventional coins? Does this mean that I will receive less from the POS?

Sneaking

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 07:18:36 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2015, 07:35:08 PM by Sneaking

Im selling everything...

Moving coins to Cryptsy for the presumed dump! Please give me a bit to clear the confirmations.

If community looses intrest.. I think that mahiga engine is still debatable.
chilo

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 07:39:00 PM

The FUDsters aren't looking to dump otherwise they wouldn't FUD. The FUDsters are trying to make the top 100 or top 50 or top 20 etc at the same or lower price than those who have accumulated over the last 6 to 12 months.

pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 07:53:52 PM

I think a survey (reactor yes/no) is the only way not to loose community faith and trust.

Sneaking

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 08:12:28 PM

I think a survey (reactor yes/no) is the only way not to loose community faith and trust.

Exellent idea.

Doesn't coin age vanish to thin air always when trasfer occurs? Is that calculated into account? 100k transfers into engine wipes quite a bit POS time. Also risky gamble with hardforking and more POS time lost.
-Sneaking
popshot (OP)

Activity: 774
Merit: 554

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 08:52:22 PM

Hi Sneaking .. why wouldn't you use your real account, but hide behind the one created today.

Your 'community' voice for sure would be stronger and more credible.

Sneaking

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 09:28:39 PM

Hi Sneaking .. why wouldn't you use your real account, but hide behind the one created today.

Your 'community' voice for sure would be stronger and more credible.

This is my real account and yes it is created today cause today I saw engine things first time.
And also I am top 20 diamond holder. Not here to argue, but just saying my opinon.
popshot (OP)

Activity: 774
Merit: 554

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 10:12:46 PM

but in the reactor will be DMD foundation coins which, according to previous statement from Popshot, not have been able to POS before because foundation wallet is not staking,

This has nothing to do with the reactor. Foundation wallet is incapable of staking, because of countless amounts of 0.05 transactions that the wallet cannot process. Once the coins are sent away in bigger piles the problem disappears.   

Anyway..

I think quite a few people are missing the point here.

The Reactor is not just about producing more coins, however, necessity for more coins was good opportunity to come up with something that would benefit overall Diamond performance.

Let me again present the aims of this project (and BTW I have plenty of questions to you):

•  Making sure we stick to original coin rollout plan by putting more coins into circulation.
-   Anyone objects that? More coins would mean bigger inflation, but it was meant to be bigger in the first place, so what's the problem? More coins would also mean more liquidity and possibly better distribution.

•  Ensuring Diamond Stabilisation Mechanism gets bigger and better.
-   Anyone objects that? Don’t we want to ever rise the price floor of Diamond? So ‘the little miner’ can conveniently dump his coins and get return for his struggle, without worrying what the price will be next week? Beside, it’s not the only purpose of  Stabilisation Mechanism to do that, but rather prove the coin can retain its value over prolonged periods of time – it’s supposed to be a deposit coin in the first place.

I hate to use it but iCBREAKER illustrated it pretty well how things looked before the Cloud Mining started:

Could you compare it with today’s stats? http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/diamond/ (180 day view).

These things didn’t just magically happen.
It was all possible thanks to Helmut’s hard work and commitment to deliver and run the service and of course everyone who bought into the cloud.

•  Increasing the unique strength of DMD's POS² (Proof of Stake+ Proof of Shares).
-   Anyone objects that? Don’t we want people to perceive Diamond as a good product with functioning and effective ecosystem? Don’t we want to attract more people by providing such options?

•  Providing fantastic ROI opportunity to those who are committed the most to long term success of Diamond.
-   Anyone objects that? Rewarding those who actually make the whole Stabilisation Thing a reality? How is that unfair? Miners get their mining rewards and benefit from stable price thanks to those who invested BTCs into the cloud.. Minters mint and get their rewards for securing the network. How about making the system to be grateful to those who actually perpetuate with surplus result one of the cornerstones of stability.

•  Securing the network with massive staking power, making any PoS attacks very costly.
-   Mining is coming to an end, alright? Soon 1/10th of a reward is not going to attract any significant number of miners, even “the little ones”, so we can forget about PoW security. The coin will rely heavily on PoS, and not sure many of you are aware of effective PoS attack that affects all existing PoS coins [NXT not yet confirmed].  Where only 5% of coins is enough to take the project down. Keeping 10% of total coins in constant stake for sure would help to mitigate it, don’t you think?

Some people’s reaction is as if we did this:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/29/north-korea-may-be-restarting-reactor-which-produces-nuclear-bomb-fuel

Coincidence? Yes it is .. we are not affiliated in any way with the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

I get an impression that you think, we were going to cheat you and personally gain on this.

To be honest I don’t care for more coins and I’m sure Helmut doesn't care either, I have enough of them already, what I want is to move this project forward.
If it was only about some short term gains we wouldn’t spend countless hours on this and be just like the rest of people riding waves.

This Reactor project is not the only thing we’ve been doing all that time, but we do split work. I’ve seen the question about the access to Reactor, no I don’t have access to it and won’t have it, for security reasons.

But you can help me in other ways..  If you have loads of cash and want to invest in a good crypto project, please send me PM, it will save me a lot of work finding external investors to properly fund development and take us out of the 100th place to the much higher one. If not then sorry but this is what we came up with with our limited resources.

Of course thank you for your thoughts about better PoS rewards models, but would be much better if you could actually address all these points and not just one:

•   Making sure we stick to original coin rollout plan by putting more coins into circulation.
•   Ensuring Diamond Stabilisation Mechanism gets bigger and better.
•   Increasing the unique strength of DMD's POS² (Proof of Stake+ Proof of Shares).
•   Providing fantastic ROI opportunity to those who are committed the most to long term success of Diamond.
•   Securing the network with massive staking power, making any PoS attacks very costly.

Reggie0

Activity: 107
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 10:15:20 PM

I think reactor is a very bad idea. It will increase the investment and not the commerce which means it just helps increasing the bubble. Every investor wants a minimal profit therefore they have to sell some amount of dmd. It will destroy the exchange rate. You really want 1-2 winner and everybody to lose?

You have to establish an economy behind dmd.
Pages: « 1 ... 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 ... 862 »
  Print  

Jump to: