Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:25:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 [1713] 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667061 times)
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 09:46:23 PM

It's taking 12 hours now to get transactions processed? It seems the block size adjustment algorithm wasn't designed with these sorts of massive swings in public interest in mind.

It isn't working properly and will be adjusted to address this. A quick fix will come with the upcoming hardfork (April 15 most likely) where the minimum blocksize limit will be raised to 300 kB as far as I know. In addition, see:

https://github.com/JollyMort/monero-research/blob/master/Monero%20Dynamic%20Block%20Size%20and%20Dynamic%20Minimum%20Fee/Monero%20Dynamic%20Block%20Size%20and%20Dynamic%20Minimum%20Fee%20-%20DRAFT.md

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/5zoadt/new_fork_around_april_15th_fixes_high_fees_and/

This issue is the ratio of the min RingCT tx size ~13000 bytes to the min effective blocksize 60000 bytes. This forces a very high penalty for an additional tx and causes the backlog. The hardfork addresses this  by increasing the min blocksize to 300000 bytes which will allow a RingCT tx ~13000 bytes to pay its penalty if the tx is added at just over the new 300000 byte min effective blocksize  provided this tx uses the new 4x default fee or a higher fee. The new default fee at 4x when the median blocksize is below 300000 bytes is 80% of the old default fee at 1x when the median blocksize was below 60000 bytes. This should allow for smooth blocksize scaling for txs that pay the default or higher fee.

The result is that a tx paying the default fee (4x) should under normal circumstances have no problems getting mined. There is a now a cheaper option (1x) where in exchange for the lower fee the sender accepts the risk of delay and under certain rare circumstances the possibility it may not get mined at all.

I should point out that if there is a very sudden sharp increase in tx demand and a fast confirmation is important then paying the higher 20x fee or even 166x fee may be appropriate. That is after all the purpose of the higher fee levels.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
miningpoolhub
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1006

Mining Pool Hub

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2017, 09:49:33 PM

You must have many small chunks of XMR if you want to send small amounts.
Else, if you have, say, chunks of 50 or 100 the mixin will select them and then you must wait for the balance to mature (become spendable) again.
It's not a bug.

Yeah, thanks.
Is there any way to have more small chunks?
Maybe changing mixin parameter would do some similar effect?

Mining Pool Hub - https://miningpoolhub.com
miningpoolhub
Legendary

Mining Pool Hub

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2017, 10:04:36 PM

When I send 1 XMR, 100 XMR is sent and 99 XMR comes back.

How can I limit or lower the amount for sending coin?
It's quite annoying that I can't send next payout immediately because all coins are sent temporarily.

Is a bug from wallet daemon? Or intended?
I'm using v0.10.1.0-release.

That entirely depends on the kind of inputs your wallet owns. Think of inputs as bills. If you only have a $100 bill and try to buy something worth 1$ you'd need to use the $100 bill and you'll receive $99 as change. Monero works similiarly. If your wallet only has a 100 XMR input it will use this input to transfer 1 XMR to the recipient. The change will then be 99 XMR minus the fee. Thus, this is simply how Monero works and intended.

I presume you are running a mining pool. Therefore, over time, you should receive a lot of (relatively) smaller inputs from the coinbase transactions (block rewards + fees of transactions included in the block). I'd advise the simply be patient. Your situation will eventually resolve itself and you'll be able to make quicker payments.

Yeah you are right. This is pool's wallet.
I also thought like your answer before because I've experienced with other similar coins.

Monero pool was launched at last december, ran about less than 3 months, found 1892 blocks currently.

What I don't understand is that pool was able to send coins frequently at pool launch.
But now I see more and more bigger chunks as time passes. Almost all coins are sent and came back for just 1~3 payouts. So I have to wait for them to arrive.

Problem is getting bigger, not smaller. This is weird from my perspective.
So I assumed that maybe I configured something wrongly.

Maybe some recommended parameters for sending coin?
mixin? unlock_time?
And is it recommended to use "sweep_dust" method? or not?

FYI, I used v0.10.2.0 and downgraded to v0.10.1.0 due to fork issue some days ago.
Maybe problem started after that.

Millionero

Activity: 807
Merit: 423

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 10:18:31 PM

With regard to the question of scaling, as it stands right now I have websites requesting values like 0.1232827374 XMR and it makes the transaction have so many senseless inputs. It makes me wonder. Has there been any thought on the part of the development team of restricting the denominations? If it were restricted down to around the value of a penny or a dime or some smallish but not too small denomination, and permanently ratcheted up one decimal place every time the minimum resolution became to course, it would help with scaling a great deal I think.

This may have been a tall order in the past, due to the friction associated with rolling out forks, but monero has pioneered a relatively smooth method for rolling out forks so maybe we should consider?
Please bring it to the attention of Fluffypony.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2017, 10:19:00 PM

Monero is great and I've heavily invested into it

That's hard to verify because I don't see your name here.

https://getmonero.org/getting-started/donate/hall-of-fame

If you are not satisfied with the pace of development, get on that list along with the rest of us who are heavily invested.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 10:27:35 PM

When I send 1 XMR, 100 XMR is sent and 99 XMR comes back.

How can I limit or lower the amount for sending coin?
It's quite annoying that I can't send next payout immediately because all coins are sent temporarily.

Is a bug from wallet daemon? Or intended?
I'm using v0.10.1.0-release.

That entirely depends on the kind of inputs your wallet owns. Think of inputs as bills. If you only have a $100 bill and try to buy something worth 1$ you'd need to use the $100 bill and you'll receive $99 as change. Monero works similiarly. If your wallet only has a 100 XMR input it will use this input to transfer 1 XMR to the recipient. The change will then be 99 XMR minus the fee. Thus, this is simply how Monero works and intended.

I presume you are running a mining pool. Therefore, over time, you should receive a lot of (relatively) smaller inputs from the coinbase transactions (block rewards + fees of transactions included in the block). I'd advise the simply be patient. Your situation will eventually resolve itself and you'll be able to make quicker payments.

Yeah you are right. This is pool's wallet.
I also thought like your answer before because I've experienced with other similar coins.

Monero pool was launched at last december, ran about less than 3 months, found 1892 blocks currently.

What I don't understand is that pool was able to send coins frequently at pool launch.
But now I see more and more bigger chunks as time passes. Almost all coins are sent and came back for just 1~3 payouts. So I have to wait for them to arrive.

Problem is getting bigger, not smaller. This is weird from my perspective.
So I assumed that maybe I configured something wrongly.

Maybe some recommended parameters for sending coin?
mixin? unlock_time?
And is it recommended to use "sweep_dust" method? or not?

FYI, I used v0.10.2.0 and downgraded to v0.10.1.0 due to fork issue some days ago.
Maybe problem started after that.

Then you should have sufficient small inputs to make consistent payouts to your miners. However, it could be that the selection algorithm is picking the big input.

Adjusting those parameters won't make a difference for the selection algorithm. Also, it seems unlikely that the downgrade caused your problem.

Like I said before, it will probably resolve over time. Alternatively, if you aren't already doing so, try to payout to multiple addresses (recipients) in a single transaction. If you don't know how to do this type "help" into monero-wallet-cli and subsequently scroll down to the "transfer" command. There will be an explanation on how to pay out to multiple addresses (recipients) in a single transaction.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 10:35:37 PM

It's taking 12 hours now to get transactions processed? It seems the block size adjustment algorithm wasn't designed with these sorts of massive swings in public interest in mind.

It isn't working properly and will be adjusted to address this. A quick fix will come with the upcoming hardfork (April 15 most likely) where the minimum blocksize limit will be raised to 300 kB as far as I know. In addition, see:

https://github.com/JollyMort/monero-research/blob/master/Monero%20Dynamic%20Block%20Size%20and%20Dynamic%20Minimum%20Fee/Monero%20Dynamic%20Block%20Size%20and%20Dynamic%20Minimum%20Fee%20-%20DRAFT.md

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/5zoadt/new_fork_around_april_15th_fixes_high_fees_and/

This issue is the ratio of the min RingCT tx size ~13000 bytes to the min effective blocksize 60000 bytes. This forces a very high penalty for an additional tx and causes the backlog. The hardfork addresses this  by increasing the min blocksize to 300000 bytes which will allow a RingCT tx ~13000 bytes to pay its penalty if the tx is added at just over the new 300000 byte min effective blocksize  provided this tx uses the new 4x default fee or a higher fee. The new default fee at 4x when the median blocksize is below 300000 bytes is 80% of the old default fee at 1x when the median blocksize was below 60000 bytes. This should allow for smooth blocksize scaling for txs that pay the default or higher fee.

The result is that a tx paying the default fee (4x) should under normal circumstances have no problems getting mined. There is a now a cheaper option (1x) where in exchange for the lower fee the sender accepts the risk of delay and under certain rare circumstances the possibility it may not get mined at all.

I should point out that if there is a very sudden sharp increase in tx demand and a fast confirmation is important then paying the higher 20x fee or even 166x fee may be appropriate. That is after all the purpose of the higher fee levels.

Thanks for the deeper explanation. While I'm talking to someone on the development team (assuming the little tag under your username tells it true) I've been wondering something.

With regard to the question of scaling, as it stands right now I have websites requesting values like 0.1232827374 XMR and it makes the transaction have so many senseless inputs. It makes me wonder. Has there been any thought on the part of the development team of restricting the denominations? If it were restricted down to around the value of a penny or a dime or some smallish but not too small denomination, and permanently ratcheted up one decimal place every time the minimum resolution became to course, it would help with scaling a great deal I think.

This may have been a tall order in the past, due to the friction associated with rolling out forks, but FP has pioneered a relatively smooth method for rolling out forks so maybe we should consider?

You are correct that, without RingCT, such a transfer would have caused a lot of outputs (because Monero used denominations to the power of 10 for "conventional" transactions), which are subsequently used as inputs and cause the transaction size to grow. That is, the more inputs are used in a transaction, the bigger the transaction will be (ceteris paribus). However, with RingCT enabled you can use that 0.1232827374 XMR as a single input in a subsequent transaction. Thus, with RingCT enabled (and later on enforced) it would be unnecessary to restrict the number of decimal places.

Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
throwaway

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 11:17:09 PM

Fluffy would have done well to require 2FA on that site

Given that your password is pretty much the equivalent of your spend key, 2FA would add absolutely zero security.

And before someone says "then your password shouldn't be your spend key", that would require the server to store your keys for you; if that's what you want you could just as well use poloniex or whatever to store your xmr.
miningpoolhub
Legendary

Mining Pool Hub

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2017, 05:53:53 AM

Then you should have sufficient small inputs to make consistent payouts to your miners. However, it could be that the selection algorithm is picking the big input.

Adjusting those parameters won't make a difference for the selection algorithm. Also, it seems unlikely that the downgrade caused your problem.

Like I said before, it will probably resolve over time. Alternatively, if you aren't already doing so, try to payout to multiple addresses (recipients) in a single transaction. If you don't know how to do this type "help" into monero-wallet-cli and subsequently scroll down to the "transfer" command. There will be an explanation on how to pay out to multiple addresses (recipients) in a single transaction.

Yeah. pool should have plenty of small inputs but did not.
That's why I'm still curious about it.

I'll try multiple payouts in one transaction.

Just one question. Would this multiple payouts cost more fee than sending one by one? less? or same?

Thanks.

kingorbust

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 07:46:17 AM

how high can monero go?

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
kingorbust

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 10:29:27 AM

that was quite a dump,... same as ethereum but monero didnt recover..ethereum instantly did.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
agario

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 12:41:33 PM

If you are not satisfied with the pace of development, get on that list along with the rest of us who are heavily invested.

Wait what ? Cheesy Cheesy  Hhahaha. So you're trying to imply that this is a proper governance model ? Donation based ? Cheesy Oh, my...
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 01:01:03 PM

Wow, I used to be on that list as I remember donating a bit over 100 XMR at one point long ago back before the forum existed, and that was on a bitcointalk post I think?

Oh well, I've been here a long time and have tried to help when & where possible, not a big deal I guess. Tongue

Wait what ? Cheesy Cheesy  Hhahaha. So you're trying to imply that this is a proper governance model ? Donation based ? Cheesy Oh, my...

This coin has no premine, so where else is the $ going to come from? Are you new here or something? Tongue

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 01:12:21 PM

that was quite a dump,... same as ethereum but monero didnt recover..ethereum instantly did.

how high can monero go?

Please use this thread for price related talk:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=753252.0

dEBRUYNE
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 01:16:25 PM

Yeah. pool should have plenty of small inputs but did not.
That's why I'm still curious about it.

I'll try multiple payouts in one transaction.

Just one question. Would this multiple payouts cost more fee than sending one by one? less? or same?

Thanks.

A bit less as far as I know. A typical RingCT transaction has 2 inputs and 2 outputs and will be approximately 13 kB. For example:

https://xmrchain.net/tx/1d042333217e7e7062e5aadac701daec64c703e62e33f534a516ccbd0586b9c8

If, however, you look at this transaction it has 2 inputs and 6 outputs:

https://xmrchain.net/tx/15ce266893d2a1c7048d091892d6d0576e40575027dcbc382979d7fea0bc4c95

Therefore, it is likely that this is a payout to 5 different recipients (probably miners) and the change output. From the transaction we can see that the size is approximately 38 kB. By contrast, 5 separate transactions would probably have a bigger cumulative size. Thus, most likely you will save some on fees due to the size of the single transaction being smaller than cumulative size of the separate transactions.

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4865

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 09:33:16 PM

not really if you know how to look at it.

https://poloniex.com/exchange#usdt_xmr

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 11:35:27 PM

Guys i have question.
I have wallet from very old time versions like ~0.2 (2014y) . And that wallet is like 1MB "name" no addons key or bin.
How to recover such wallet . Is there anywhere any tutorial to do it ?

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 11:43:02 PM

Guys i have question.
I have wallet from very old time versions like ~0.2 (2014y) . And that wallet is like 1MB "name" no addons key or bin.
How to recover such wallet . Is there anywhere any tutorial to do it ?

Wow... depending how much you have in the wallet, you may want to hit up the #monero or #monero-dev IRC channels and ask there for the fastest advice. Good luck, that's an old version! Cheesy

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
NattyLiteCoin

Activity: 912
Merit: 1021

If you don’t believe, why are you here?

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 12:46:31 AM

So I was refreshing on an initial install and got about 1/2 through. My computer ran out of juice and when it came back up I ran ./monerod again and got

Code:
2017-03-17 20:43:38.876	    7fb53e709780	INFO 	global	contrib/epee/src/mlog.cpp:145	New log categories: *:WARNING,net:FATAL,net.p2p:FATAL,global:INFO,verify:FATAL,stacktrace:INFO
2017-03-17 20:43:38.877    7fb53e709780 INFO global src/daemon/main.cpp:282 Monero 'Wolfram Warptangent' (v0.10.2.1-release)
2017-03-17 20:43:38.877    7fb53e709780 INFO global src/daemon/protocol.h:55 Initializing cryptonote protocol...
2017-03-17 20:43:38.877    7fb53e709780 INFO global src/daemon/protocol.h:60 Cryptonote protocol initialized OK
2017-03-17 20:43:38.878    7fb53e709780 INFO global src/daemon/p2p.h:63 Initializing p2p server...
2017-03-17 20:43:40.853    7fb53e709780 INFO global src/daemon/p2p.h:68 P2p server initialized OK
2017-03-17 20:43:40.853    7fb53e709780 INFO global src/daemon/rpc.h:58 Initializing core rpc server...
2017-03-17 20:43:40.853    7fb53e709780 INFO global contrib/epee/include/net/http_server_impl_base.h:70 Binding on 127.0.0.1:18081
2017-03-17 20:43:40.854    7fb53e709780 INFO global src/daemon/rpc.h:63 Core rpc server initialized OK on port: 18081
2017-03-17 20:43:40.854    7fb53e709780 INFO global src/daemon/core.h:73 Initializing core...
2017-03-17 20:43:40.854    7fb53e709780 INFO global src/cryptonote_core/cryptonote_core.cpp:316 Loading blockchain from folder /home/nattyonelight/.bitmonero/lmdb ...
2017-03-17 20:43:40.855    7fb53e709780 WARN blockchain.db.lmdb src/blockchain_db/lmdb/db_lmdb.cpp:1138 LMDB memory map needs to be resized, doing that now.
2017-03-17 20:43:40.855    7fb53e709780 INFO global src/blockchain_db/lmdb/db_lmdb.cpp:487 LMDB Mapsize increased.  Old: 6765MiB, New: 7789MiB
2017-03-17 20:43:40.855    7fb53e709780 WARN blockchain.db.lmdb src/blockchain_db/lmdb/db_lmdb.cpp:71 Failed to query m_blocks: MDB_BAD_TXN: Transaction must abort, has a child, or is invalid
2017-03-17 20:43:40.861    7fb53e709780 ERROR cn src/cryptonote_core/cryptonote_core.cpp:385 Error opening database: Failed to query m_blocks: MDB_BAD_TXN: Transaction must abort, has a child, or is invalid
2017-03-17 20:43:40.861    7fb53e709780 INFO global src/daemon/rpc.h:90 Deinitializing rpc server...
2017-03-17 20:43:40.861    7fb53e709780 INFO global src/daemon/p2p.h:90 Deinitializing p2p...
2017-03-17 20:43:40.866    7fb53e709780 INFO global src/daemon/core.h:89 Deinitializing core...
2017-03-17 20:43:40.868    7fb53e709780 ERROR daemon src/daemon/core.h:94 Failed to deinitialize core...
2017-03-17 20:43:40.868    7fb53e709780 INFO global src/daemon/protocol.h:77 Stopping cryptonote protocol...
2017-03-17 20:43:40.868    7fb53e709780 INFO global src/daemon/protocol.h:81 Cryptonote protocol stopped successfully
Daemon stopped successfully

I downloaded and received the same message, any ideas?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
  25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS  
  TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN  
          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 12:55:11 AM

So I was refreshing on an initial install and got about 1/2 through. My computer ran out of juice and when it came back up I ran ./monerod again and got

Code:
2017-03-17 20:43:38.876	    7fb53e709780	INFO 	global	contrib/epee/src/mlog.cpp:145	New log categories: *:WARNING,net:FATAL,net.p2p:FATAL,global:INFO,verify:FATAL,stacktrace:INFO
2017-03-17 20:43:38.877    7fb53e709780 INFO global src/daemon/main.cpp:282 Monero 'Wolfram Warptangent' (v0.10.2.1-release)
2017-03-17 20:43:38.877    7fb53e709780 INFO global src/daemon/protocol.h:55 Initializing cryptonote protocol...
2017-03-17 20:43:38.877    7fb53e709780 INFO global src/daemon/protocol.h:60 Cryptonote protocol initialized OK
2017-03-17 20:43:38.878    7fb53e709780 INFO global src/daemon/p2p.h:63 Initializing p2p server...
2017-03-17 20:43:40.853    7fb53e709780 INFO global src/daemon/p2p.h:68 P2p server initialized OK
2017-03-17 20:43:40.853    7fb53e709780 INFO global src/daemon/rpc.h:58 Initializing core rpc server...
2017-03-17 20:43:40.853    7fb53e709780 INFO global contrib/epee/include/net/http_server_impl_base.h:70 Binding on 127.0.0.1:18081
2017-03-17 20:43:40.854    7fb53e709780 INFO global src/daemon/rpc.h:63 Core rpc server initialized OK on port: 18081
2017-03-17 20:43:40.854    7fb53e709780 INFO global src/daemon/core.h:73 Initializing core...
2017-03-17 20:43:40.854    7fb53e709780 INFO global src/cryptonote_core/cryptonote_core.cpp:316 Loading blockchain from folder /home/nattyonelight/.bitmonero/lmdb ...
2017-03-17 20:43:40.855    7fb53e709780 WARN blockchain.db.lmdb src/blockchain_db/lmdb/db_lmdb.cpp:1138 LMDB memory map needs to be resized, doing that now.
2017-03-17 20:43:40.855    7fb53e709780 INFO global src/blockchain_db/lmdb/db_lmdb.cpp:487 LMDB Mapsize increased.  Old: 6765MiB, New: 7789MiB
2017-03-17 20:43:40.855    7fb53e709780 WARN blockchain.db.lmdb src/blockchain_db/lmdb/db_lmdb.cpp:71 Failed to query m_blocks: MDB_BAD_TXN: Transaction must abort, has a child, or is invalid
2017-03-17 20:43:40.861    7fb53e709780 ERROR cn src/cryptonote_core/cryptonote_core.cpp:385 Error opening database: Failed to query m_blocks: MDB_BAD_TXN: Transaction must abort, has a child, or is invalid
2017-03-17 20:43:40.861    7fb53e709780 INFO global src/daemon/rpc.h:90 Deinitializing rpc server...
2017-03-17 20:43:40.861    7fb53e709780 INFO global src/daemon/p2p.h:90 Deinitializing p2p...
2017-03-17 20:43:40.866    7fb53e709780 INFO global src/daemon/core.h:89 Deinitializing core...
2017-03-17 20:43:40.868    7fb53e709780 ERROR daemon src/daemon/core.h:94 Failed to deinitialize core...
2017-03-17 20:43:40.868    7fb53e709780 INFO global src/daemon/protocol.h:77 Stopping cryptonote protocol...
2017-03-17 20:43:40.868    7fb53e709780 INFO global src/daemon/protocol.h:81 Cryptonote protocol stopped successfully
Daemon stopped successfully

I downloaded and received the same message, any ideas?

Did your system crash during the initial sync or anything, like a random restart without saving? Usually, when I see that, I have to delete the blockchain folder and resync. Having an SSD now makes all the difference too. Good luck.

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Pages: « 1 ... 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 [1713] 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 ... 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: