Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:14:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667225 times)
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 02:05:30 AM

Someone should send a nice email to mintpal and cryptsy so they can add monero for voting Smiley If noone does i will in a couple of days.
I could have done it weeks ago (from day 2 I considered it). Then I decided not to, because too fast a rise could kill monero. Let it go slowly, it is better for everyone. Slow adoption, wider distribution, better future. Please don't kill the golden goose.

Where are the 0.8.6 Windows binaries? And what is the current block? I'm still downloading (at block 24K or so now) and would like to know how much longer this will take. LOL

Also, do you have to be fully synced up to start mining? I tried "start_mining 6" on my Core i7-4702MQ laptop; hashrate is showing 0.18~0.25 and CPU usage only appears to be one core (13%).
Linux binaries for 0.8.6 + boost (you might still need libicu48 / libicuuc on /usr/lib, though, on Linux)

https://drive.google.com/#folders/0B7RQILpPGrQbYnF2OTA4NklrWmc

Go to the OP and download the blockchain, it will be faster than to manually sync.
http://monero.cc/getting-started has the instructions. Yes, they are tedious, yes, you'll have to follow them carefully, yes even that way it might not work.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ivan166

Activity: 153
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:16:08 AM

As promised, I did Russian translation of main topic. Here is:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=597225.0
Please, OP, add reference in Translations sections. Thanks.
It isn't Google translation  Wink

I would like to translate main thread in Russian. We need to grow Monero community.

P.S. Hi-quality Russian translation most wanted? PM me.

Monero is your money privacy.
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:21:48 AM

I would like to translate main thread in Russian. We need to grow Monero community.

Thanks!

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
surfer43

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:29:13 AM

Small nitpick: change the Esperanto Wikipedia link to http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Эcпepaнтo
Thanks for your translation!
eizh

Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:30:14 AM

Fantastic job, OP updated!
eizh

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:31:41 AM

Quanttek will be doing German and David Latapie French. Monero will be soon be very international. Smiley

Chinese translation will be one of the most important. If anyone can offer to do a high-quality one (or knows someone that can), that would be great.
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 02:32:50 AM

Quanttek will be doing German and David Latapie French. Monero will be soon be very international. Smiley

Chinese translation will be one of the most important. If anyone can offer to do a high-quality one (or knows someone that can), that would be great.
Those who want to translate the website: PM me. Do not start with the "getting started" page as it is the one most prone to heavy changes, though.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
Ivan166

Activity: 153
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:33:47 AM
Last edit: May 06, 2014, 03:04:18 AM by Ivan166

Thanks, mates!

I will follow the updates of main topic.
Also I would like to translate CryptoNote White Paper in near future. Stay tuned  Wink

Small nitpick: change the Esperanto Wikipedia link to http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Эcпepaнтo
Thanks for your translation!

Did it. Thanks for advice.

Monero is your money privacy.
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 02:34:22 AM

Thanks, mates!

I will follow the updates of main topic.
Also I would like to translate CryptoNote White Paper in near future. Stay tuned  Wink
Excellent idea!

trogdorjw73

Activity: 482

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 02:35:19 AM

Someone should send a nice email to mintpal and cryptsy so they can add monero for voting Smiley If noone does i will in a couple of days.
I could have done it weeks ago (from day 2 I considered it). Then I decided not to, because too fast a rise could kill monero. Let it go slowly, it is better for everyone. Slow adoption, wider distribution, better future. Please don't kill the golden goose.

Where are the 0.8.6 Windows binaries? And what is the current block? I'm still downloading (at block 24K or so now) and would like to know how much longer this will take. LOL

Also, do you have to be fully synced up to start mining? I tried "start_mining 6" on my Core i7-4702MQ laptop; hashrate is showing 0.18~0.25 and CPU usage only appears to be one core (13%).
Linux binaries for 0.8.6 + boost (you might still need libicu48 / libicuuc on /usr/lib, though, on Linux)

Go to the OP and download the blockchain, it will be faster than to manually sync.
http://monero.cc/getting-started has the instructions. Yes, they are tedious, yes, you'll have to follow them carefully, yes even that way it might not work.
I did follow the instructions, I don't want Linux -- sorry. Anyway, it appears mining starts (properly?) once you're fully synced up.

Next question: how do I point multiple rigs at the same wallet? Running Bitmonerod.exe on multiple PCs would download the full blockchain again, and running simplewallet.exe would create multiple wallets. The simpleminer.exe file seems to be the solution, but what is the syntax? If anyone has suggestions/help for running on multiple PCs, I'd appreciate it!

dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:40:06 AM

I started the translation to dutch. Will try to finish it in the next 24 hours Smiley
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:40:46 AM

I did follow the instructions, I don't want Linux -- sorry. Anyway, it appears mining starts (properly?) once you're fully synced up.

Next question: how do I point multiple rigs at the same wallet? Running Bitmonerod.exe on multiple PCs would download the full blockchain again, and running simplewallet.exe would create multiple wallets. The simpleminer.exe file seems to be the solution, but what is the syntax? If anyone has suggestions/help for running on multiple PCs, I'd appreciate it!

Once you have a wallet you don't need the wallet on every rig. Just use

Code:
start_mining [your wallet public address] [number of threads]

in the daemon window. It will mine to the wallet even without the wallet being on that system.

Make sure your wallet is backed up.

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 02:40:52 AM

As stated at http://monero.cc/getting-started
Code:
bitmonero.exe MRO_address
(the exact line is ./bitmonerod number_of_threads MRO_address)

1. upload the blockchain out of bitmonero (USB key, scp, ftp, whatever) and place it int .bitmonero (in %APPDATA%)
2. install bitmonero.exe and run bitmonero.exe MRO_address x (x being your number of threads (CPU*core*2)

You don't need any other file than bitmonero.exe on your extra machines.

trogdorjw73

Activity: 482

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 02:54:45 AM

Code:

1. upload the blockchain out of bitmonero (USB key, scp, ftp, whatever) and place it int .bitmonero (in %APPDATA%)
2. install bitmonero.exe and run bitmonero.exe MRO_address x (x being your number of threads (CPU*core*2)

Well, you were at least close. Here's the actual command needed to get mining (on Windows):

Code:
bitmonerod.exe --mining-threads [threads] --start-mining [address]

The bit about needing the block chain on each mining rig is rather stupid as well -- no other coin I can think of requires the block chain to mine it; you only need the miner software. Yes, you need a wallet somewhere if you want to store it on your own system, but only one wallet, which requires one block chain. Is there a calculator or something that will give an estimated coins (blocks) per day for a given hash rate anywhere?

My take: this coin is more than a little raw (alpha state I'd say, not even at beta level), and getting it on an exchange may only create problems until there's a better front end.

ellen.yan

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 03:05:12 AM

lol, after u said chinese team is coming

blaaaaacksuit

Activity: 280

Who cares?

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 03:18:24 AM

Mined with 6 computers today, didn't find a single block lol!
skybot13x

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 03:22:40 AM

Code:

Well, you were at least close. Here's the actual command needed to get mining (on Windows):

Code:
bitmonerod.exe --mining-threads [threads] --start-mining [address]

The bit about needing the block chain on each mining rig is rather stupid as well -- no other coin I can think of requires the block chain to mine it; you only need the miner software. Yes, you need a wallet somewhere if you want to store it on your own system, but only one wallet, which requires one block chain. Is there a calculator or something that will give an estimated coins (blocks) per day for a given hash rate anywhere?

My take: this coin is more than a little raw (alpha state I'd say, not even at beta level), and getting it on an exchange may only create problems until there's a better front end.

Yeah this was unappealing to me but seems to be worth the time and annoyance

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
surfer43

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 03:23:16 AM

Working on a Spanish translation for the ANN thread.  Smiley
skybot13x

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 03:30:18 AM

Have a total of 350~ hash rate among miners, been a few horus but hope i get something.

Ill be switching everything to monero today. ^_^

██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
lisalee

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 03:37:00 AM

When will this coin be on the exchange?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: