Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:45:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667219 times)
Sy
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Bounty Detective

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 06:24:29 AM

I am either extremly unlucky or doing something wrong, been mining with around 50 for 3 days now and didnt find any block, i posted my mine.bat earlier
start /MIN bitmonerod.exe --data-dir blockchain\ --start-mining 44RkMyLBEktES1nKJuYbMRUmMQdt2nUdvinafxo3zKNaZKFJeRDDf6cNL2H4hJkRc9SsGLihoMAfEAu 8TPiDHziRUk1DfF6 --mining-threads 7

CPU usage is up, blockchain is synced but wallet refresh balance is still 0, dang -.-

BOUNTY DETECTIVE

Powered by,
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 06:29:10 AM

I am either extremly unlucky or doing something wrong, been mining with around 50 for 3 days now and didnt find any block, i posted my mine.bat earlier
start /MIN bitmonerod.exe --data-dir blockchain\ --start-mining 44RkMyLBEktES1nKJuYbMRUmMQdt2nUdvinafxo3zKNaZKFJeRDDf6cNL2H4hJkRc9SsGLihoMAfEAu 8TPiDHziRUk1DfF6 --mining-threads 7

CPU usage is up, blockchain is synced but wallet refresh balance is still 0, dang -.-

If you find a block, it should say found block for difficulty : xxxxxxxxx in the daemon. Type set_log 1 in deamon for more details
VALKYR

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 06:31:09 AM

Is there a way to recover a wallet if the key/address files are intact ?

For some reason my linux wallet has a size of 0 right now (i did lose a couple of ssh sessions and forcefully killed the simplewallet process).
dieorlive

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 06:37:38 AM

We need a pool , can someone set up one for us?
JeffK

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 06:38:02 AM

Having same problem as pastebin.com/wYJYPxVL‎ to compile it on Debian. Any hint?
kuno

Activity: 37

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 06:56:49 AM

Cool! Looks great! Grin

Can you update the OP to include the link to the monero.cc website? Looks like it's missing.

Also on the monero.cc website, in the gettting started instructions for Linux, it still says git clone git://github.com/bitmonero-project/bitmonero.git. That should be changed to git clone git://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero.git so that people will get the latest version of the code. Basically, change bitmonero-project to monero-project. That was a subtle gotcha that briefly confused me yesterday.
cryptos

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:00:35 AM

this is my favorite alt coin, but have no idea if actually trying to mine it  Cry

in windoes how do u check if actually mining it properly?

(been mining for days and found nothing)
Ivan166

Activity: 153
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:02:35 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2014, 08:00:50 AM by Ivan166

I followed the beautiful updates in Russian thread. It is good decision to cut-off Mining guide into other post from main topic. Smart move!

Monero is your money privacy.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:02:45 AM

For some reason my linux wallet has a size of 0 right now (i did lose a couple of ssh sessions and forcefully killed the simplewallet process).

It should recover from just the key file if you move the data file out of the way.

I have seen an issue with not tracking unspent outputs correctly but you should still be able to recover your coins and move them to a new wallet, or it may even work 100% correctly. I think it is intended to work.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:03:40 AM

this is my favorite alt coin, but have no idea if actually trying to mine it  Cry

in windoes how do u check if actually mining it properly?

(been mining for days and found nothing)

Do show_hr in the daemon window. If it tells you a hash rate (somewhere 10-20 for most computers) then you are mining.

Do hide_hr to make it stop displaying the hash rate (you will still be mining)

surfer43

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:04:26 AM

From forum.cryptonote.org:
Quote from: Catherine_Erwin
We really appreciate your interest in CryptoNote and your urge to create something worthwhile.

However, we've been following Bitcointalk discussion of Bitmonero/Monero and we're still undecided whether adding this coin as a CryptoNote implementation would be a proper decision at this time. It took us almost a weak to reach a consensus among the team, so we apologize for the delay. We do believe that the time will come for you to be added, but at the moment there is a couple of questions for you to think about:

1) If CryptoNote supports new technologies and the advent of new technological era, what is the contribution of this coin? How does it make CryptoNote technology prosper? What is that you have created?

2) Why does this coin have 2 websites, 2 official threads, 2 announcements, 2 reps? Was it worthwhile after all to use someone else's work and try to take over the control afterwards and split the community?

As you can see, for example, HoneyPenny coin in another thread on this forum proposes new ideas for the technology. Moreover, they were contacting us before the launch.

We do wish to see more CryptoNote-based coins, but hope that their creators would be more in line with our vision and keep their personal ambitions and greed low.

Please, correct me if we've got anything wrong.
That bolded statement is rich.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:05:14 AM

Only slightly unlucky. At current difficulty with a hash rate of 50 you should get a block every two days.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:05:59 AM

We really appreciate your interest in CryptoNote and your urge to create something worthwhile.

However, we've been following Bitcointalk discussion of Bitmonero/Monero and we're still undecided whether adding this coin as a CryptoNote implementation would be a proper decision at this time. It took us almost a weak to reach a consensus among the team, so we apologize for the delay. We do believe that the time will come for you to be added, but at the moment there is a couple of questions for you to think about:

1) If CryptoNote supports new technologies and the advent of new technological era, what is the contribution of this coin? How does it make CryptoNote technology prosper? What is that you have created?

2) Why does this coin have 2 websites, 2 official threads, 2 announcements, 2 reps? Was it worthwhile after all to use someone else's work and try to take over the control afterwards and split the community?

As you can see, for example, HoneyPenny coin in another thread on this forum proposes new ideas for the technology. Moreover, they were contacting us before the launch.

We do wish to see more CryptoNote-based coins, but hope that their creators would be more in line with our vision and keep their personal ambitions and greed low.

Yes, next time we should 80% premine instead. That might meet with their approval.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:07:14 AM

We need a pool , can someone set up one for us?

Pool is being developed: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=589533.0

Contribute to the bounty to encourage the developer to finish it.

Gaoweida

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:13:29 AM

Yesn sale coin but for historical reason, the dev doesn't accept the changing of the name.

ReserveShare - 100% Free and Fair. New source code. Proof Of Reserve
Get Daily Free SIGNs before too late.SokJK5zYogvAr1TfgxEUWxeCQSHmNNvzoc
DoubleEagle - Only 100 #XDE - Get 0.03 for FREE! Launching Friday 15th.
VALKYR

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:14:15 AM

It should recover from just the key file if you move the data file out of the way.

I have seen an issue with not tracking unspent outputs correctly but you should still be able to recover your coins and move them to a new wallet, or it may even work 100% correctly. I think it is intended to work.

that worked like a charm

thank you for the help
eizh

Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:27:58 AM

I followed beautiful updates in Russian thread. It is good decision to cut-off Mining guide into other post from main topic. Smart move!

Excellent upkeep. I can only hope the other translators will be as good as you. Smiley
eizh

Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:34:41 AM

They're clearly unhappy but I think in general we should aim to be neutral (or reconcile) with CryptoNote devs as they're very important -- I'm pretty sure at least one of them contributes to BCN and its updates, which we need for continued development. With first mover advantage MRO will probably maintain more hashpower than any other CN coin, if not all of them combined. CryptoNote won't be able to ignore MRO.
Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:22:11 AM

I go into detailed discussion with tromp in my thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=557732.0

Also you can find some discussion between him and myself in the MemoryCoin 2.0 PoW thread which I linked to upthread.

In short, I don't believe it is CPU only currently, but (and I think we agreed this, but ask him) it might be the appropriate algorithm for mobile later if CPUs move to extremely high number of cores. Our discussion concluded with more testing is needed and I would try to help him get a TileGX in future if I can.

I'm much more interested in your thoughts on HoneyPenny's PoW, as it's claimed to be an improved and future-proofed version of the CryptoNote algo:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577267.0
Keyboard-Mash

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:49:45 AM

They're clearly unhappy but I think in general we should aim to be neutral (or reconcile) with CryptoNote devs
CryptoNote won't be able to ignore MRO.

Yes, I agree with you. To not even make an attempt at uniting would be a massive error. This also means that their concerns should be addressed correctly and directly:

Quote from: CryptoNote

I see a valid point raised here that I can, in the least, share my thoughts on. First, we have decided to take an open and transparent approach to introducing CryptoNote built on direct and constant communication. Though there may have been both direct and constant communication shared by alternatives, it was not open nor transparent. In fact it was the complete opposite, as we were told to be silent -- a statement that has not been vouched for on the main page despite many members leaving the community.

With the intent of mass adoption -- openness is the major first step. We were placed in a situation where this can only be achieved with a fork in the first place, publicly available and ready to be shared by as representative of a majority as possible. Sitting around and listening to the Rocky theme song all day just doesn't cut it when you're trying to spread the word about something that should otherwise be shifting a paradigm.

Second, CryptoNote technology prospers by putting more minds on it. The more liberal spread of information, despite the threat of impending surveillance, between people fosters an environment that is conducive to building a proper foundation for this technology. Very soon, there will be a functional GUI environment to further the "seep into the mass" as I've read it sickeningly called.

It's not very easy to come up with many ways CryptoNote can directly prosper, because there does not seem to be an environment present that can assist in defining exactly what that philosophy is. Answers can't come days in-between, because MRO is here now and is dynamic -- something I find lacking in this philosophy I'd like further defined.

Lastly, what we have provided is a vessel by which the technology can reach the masses -- something that has been made to appear as both impossible and unwanted by the current standing of the first realization of your philosophy. This vessel will be accompanied by tools which the masses are concerned with -- optimizations, GUI environments, possible GPU adaption in the short term. I am sure beyond doubt there will be others -- but generally utilizing the mass has and will provide innovations on levels that could never be considered or thought of in closed communities.

But, as none of these really exist yet, I feel they are correct in waiting to accept the coin.

This, I feel should be addressed by Tacotime. The short answer is that, in a coin that favors the mass, the mass speaks for the coin. Not one guy who wants to merge mine it with everything and certainly not one person with personal aspirations or greed. If everyone wanted merge mining, there would be one coin rather than two -- an interesting result of development in a dynamic environment rather than a static one.

We do wish to see more CryptoNote-based coins, but hope that their creators would be more in line with our vision and keep their personal ambitions and greed low

I would love this to be explained, because I do not understand what is being said. The comment is rather vague and can be applied to any situation.

Do I call the dog greedy for wanting the food? To what extent do personal ambitions cross over into existential ambitions? The comment spurs many more questions than it needed to -- which means it needs to be further defined before I can take any meaning from it (Will prevent myself from entertaining the statement in my mind until it's explained).

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: