Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:00:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 2122 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4666940 times)
archit

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:59:30 AM

Anyone who can give me a VS 11 compilable version of Monero? Would be of great help
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ivan166

Activity: 153
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 03:34:07 AM

Important

(Big scary red letters because it really is important.)

First, get the newest builds (all fully updated on the OP).

Second, unless your blockchain.bin predates the May 3rd update, you should delete it and download the latest from the OP and replace yours. You might have saved it and overridden it after May 3rd and that's fine. However, a full sync starting from the genesis block after the May 3rd update may have partially corrupted your blockchain. Clean blockchains have been uploaded for 64-bit Windows and 64-bit Linux/OSX. 32-bit versions don't exist because it was added recently. If you're unsure of when your blockchain dates from, update it.

The attack works by flooding the network with low height (i.e. early) blocks. They would normally be added as alternates but if you're in the process of synching, they might get added as real blocks. This is because the checkpointing in the BCN code is not done well and it doesn't validate the headers of pre-checkpoint blocks. The number of people affected probably isn't that big but we can't have inconsistency in the network.

Because the attack is ongoing, if you resync from scratch you'll grab a few of these invalid blocks (about 1 in every ~500 blocks) so you'll still have a slightly corrupted chain. Update from the OP with the latest builds and chains and you'll be clean and protected. In the future, better checkpointing will be implemented but until then it won't be used.

Updated Russian thread with your important post. Here is https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=597225.msg6644349#msg6644349

Monero is your money privacy.
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:06:44 AM

I seem to be mining but on my i7 quad core I'm probably wasting my time even though I like a challenge.

My mining hashrate seems to be 11.xxx using 4 cores is it worth mining with that?

P.S. I love this coin and the difficulty with mining it really interests me Smiley

I am doing similarly, and have mined about 90 mro in the past week.

The real merit of this coin lies in the anonymity enhancing features of the protocol and the robust decentralization implied by CPU-mining.  Without those, it is just another pump and dump.  If they can be improved and made more robust, the coin may have a bright future.  I worry about the BMO fork, however.  Quazarcoin and bytecoin are transparent scams, and will die naturally, but BMR vs MRO is a serious problem for image and marketing.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
mickey_miner

Activity: 910
Merit: 250

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:47:21 AM

Quanttek will be doing German and David Latapie French. Monero will be soon be very international. Smiley

Chinese translation will be one of the most important. If anyone can offer to do a high-quality one (or knows someone that can), that would be great.
Those who want to translate the website: PM me. Do not start with the "getting started" page as it is the one most prone to heavy changes, though.

Is someone translating it to Chinese? If not, could I have a try and do the Chinese translation?

Sure! Right now we don't have any bounties for translation, though, so the translators have been volunteers.

OK. I know that. I will finished it in 24 hours anyway.

Great! To use it, they might need the mining guide translated as well. It's now here: http://monero.cc/getting-started/

I've messaged those who already translate.  Russian, Portugese, Chinese. And will provide 100 MRO to each as a bounty.  Spanish and other translation is needed.  I'll start translation bounty with a 300 MRO donation if setup like pool/gui bounty  That could be made 100 MRO for translation for beginning.  Donations after that would be split at later date equal between translators so first translators get same as later.     

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
Buratino
Legendary

Activity: 1151
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:20:44 AM

The real merit of this coin lies in the anonymity enhancing features of the protocol and the robust decentralization implied by CPU-mining.  Without those, it is just another pump and dump.  If they can be improved and made more robust, the coin may have a bright future.  I worry about the BMO fork, however.  Quazarcoin and bytecoin are transparent scams, and will die naturally, but BMR vs MRO is a serious problem for image and marketing.
+1
Valid point. We should take care about BMR resurrection and reach agreement or cooperation with thankful_for_today.

I've messaged those who already translate.  Russian, Portugese, Chinese. And will provide 100 MRO to each as a bounty.  Spanish and other translation is needed.  I'll start translation bounty with a 300 MRO donation if setup like pool/gui bounty  That could be made 100 MRO for translation for beginning.  Donations after that would be split at later date equal between translators so first translators get same as later.     

I am against bounty for Portugese translation while it is very outdated.

mickey_miner

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:39:50 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2014, 05:53:50 AM by mickey_miner

The real merit of this coin lies in the anonymity enhancing features of the protocol and the robust decentralization implied by CPU-mining.  Without those, it is just another pump and dump.  If they can be improved and made more robust, the coin may have a bright future.  I worry about the BMO fork, however.  Quazarcoin and bytecoin are transparent scams, and will die naturally, but BMR vs MRO is a serious problem for image and marketing.
+1
Valid point. We should take care about BMR resurrection and reach agreement or cooperation with thankful_for_today.

I've messaged those who already translate.  Russian, Portugese, Chinese. And will provide 100 MRO to each as a bounty.  Spanish and other translation is needed.  I'll start translation bounty with a 300 MRO donation if setup like pool/gui bounty  That could be made 100 MRO for translation for beginning.  Donations after that would be split at later date equal between translators so first translators get same as later.    

I am against bounty for Portugese translation while it is very outdated.

Well then we'll need some sort validation

Nothing has been sent at this time

edit:

I'll wait for consensus before begin anything.

"Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
eizh

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:56:59 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2014, 06:07:22 AM by eizh

+1

This is actually as confusing to us as you. At one point, thankful_for_today said he was okay with name change: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563821.msg6368600#msg6368600

Then he disappeared for more than a week after the merge mining vote failed. Two days ago he PM'd us saying he regretted not listening to the community more and about working together. We proposed setting up a sourceforge for MRO to have a mailing list, which thankful_for_today said he would do. Then all of a sudden there was a PM followed by the same posted on here implying the old name was still in effect. And I don't know what else that entails.

That's pretty much it. There's no other behind-the-scenes discussion between him and us. thankful_for_today is often gone and acts a bit strange sometimes, but he's not malicious at all. So I think this will sort itself out fine. Ideally, he'll stay as a dev and contribute to the github (anyone can do that by the way -- this project is now completely decentralized).
mickey_miner

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:05:15 AM

+1

This is actually as confusing to us as you. At one point, thankful_for_today said he was okay with name change: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563821.msg6368600#msg6368600

Then he disappeared for more than a week after the merge mining vote failed. Two days ago he PM'd us saying he regretted not listening to the community more and about working together. We proposed setting up a sourceforge for MRO to have a mailing list, which thankful_for_today said he would. Then all of a sudden there was a PM followed by the same posted on here implying the old name was still in effect. And I don't know what else that entails.

That's pretty much it. There's no other behind-the-scenes discussion between him and us. thankful_for_today is often gone and acts a bit strange sometimes, but he's not malicious at all. So I think this will sort itself out fine. Ideally, he'll stay as a dev and contribute to the github (anyone can do that by the way -- this project is now completely decentralized).

Everything will work out.  Monero is doing so good.  Those that helped bring it about will come together and make it even better.

"Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
eizh

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:53:02 AM

Anyone who can give me a VS 11 compilable version of Monero? Would be of great help

The github repo is probably all the exists since CryptoNote has very few devs.
Broker69

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:45:15 AM

+1

Then he disappeared for more than a week after the merge mining vote failed. Two days ago he PM'd us saying he regretted not listening to the community more and about working together. We proposed setting up a sourceforge for MRO to have a mailing list, which thankful_for_today said he would. Then all of a sudden there was a PM followed by the same posted on here implying the old name was still in effect. And I don't know what else that entails.

Everything will work out.  Monero is doing so good.  Those that helped bring it about will come together and make it even better.

Any recommendations on community trusted OTC buys for Monero?

thanks in advance.
trustnobody

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:51:53 AM

IMO Bitmonero is the first clean launch, and I still didn't get why Monero is doing well and have chances to exist
jadehorse

Activity: 107

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:10:37 AM

IMO Bitmonero is the first clean launch, and I still didn't get why Monero is doing well and have chances to exist

By the way 2 pages ago thankful_for_today (a developer) posted that he updated a lot of features in Bitmonero
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:21:54 AM

+1

Any recommendations on community trusted OTC buys for Monero?

thanks in advance.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=578192.0
Qwerty777

Activity: 69

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:29:03 AM

Hmm... hash rate is so high that's cool! But I traced its values over time, they change dramatically. It looks suspiciously, doesn't it?
equipoise

Activity: 794
Merit: 1000

Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 10:40:23 AM

There is no dramatic changes to the diff. Up to 2 days before there were some doubles of the hash rate, but the MRO was so young and the hash rate was very tiny before that. Current hash rate is just 6500 computers mining - this could easily double, triple or x10. I know where 1/1625 of the current hash rate is coming from (20 H/s from me and 60 H/s from 2 of my friends). This is 1/1625 of the current mining power - noting strange here and as I said this could easily go x10 next days or month.

About me | zRMicroArray - phase 2 - Gene Expression Analysis software | [Weed Like to Talk - Bulgaria] Start a wave of cannabis seminars in Europe | Monero weighted average price stats: moneroprice.i2p
BTC: 1KoCX7TWKVGwqmmFw3CKyUSrKRSStueZar | NMC: NKhYEYpe1Le9MwHrwKsdSm5617J4toVar9 | XMR (Tip me a beer OpenAlias Monero address): tip.changetheworldwork.com
[XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency: 4AyRmUcxzefB5quumzK3HNE4zmCiGc8vhG6fE1oJpGVyVZF7fvDgSpt3MzgLfQ6Q1719xQhmfkM9Z2u NXgDMqYhjJVmc6KX
Elerntta

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:42:22 AM

Hmm... hash rate is so high that's cool! But I traced its values over time, they change dramatically. It looks suspiciously, doesn't it?

I have less questions to the changes of hash rate value than to the distribution of funds

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
FasterStronger

Activity: 60

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:04:00 AM

I just can't mining it. so I have no issues any more
darlidada

Activity: 723
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:11:50 AM

Hello.

I've created my wallet adress the day of the attack. Today, I did what was asked in the OP : delete my blockchain.bin and download the new binaries. I got that and opened my wallet and it synched with the blockchain. But now, everytime I hit refresh, I'm not downloading a new block. I got nothing.

"Refresh done. Blocks received: 0"

I had that for 20mins.

EDIT: OK. I think I understand why. It's DLing the blockchain again and I am 19 days behind. Silly me.
equipoise

Activity: 794
Merit: 1000

Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 11:23:15 AM

^The blockchain you downloaded is a bit old (updated May 8th). bitmonerod is still synchronizing and there are no newer blocks to send to your already synchronized wallet. Just wait bitmonerod to sync and then refresh your wallet.

About me | zRMicroArray - phase 2 - Gene Expression Analysis software | [Weed Like to Talk - Bulgaria] Start a wave of cannabis seminars in Europe | Monero weighted average price stats: moneroprice.i2p
BTC: 1KoCX7TWKVGwqmmFw3CKyUSrKRSStueZar | NMC: NKhYEYpe1Le9MwHrwKsdSm5617J4toVar9 | XMR (Tip me a beer OpenAlias Monero address): tip.changetheworldwork.com
[XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency: 4AyRmUcxzefB5quumzK3HNE4zmCiGc8vhG6fE1oJpGVyVZF7fvDgSpt3MzgLfQ6Q1719xQhmfkM9Z2u NXgDMqYhjJVmc6KX
Ivan166

Activity: 153
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:34:27 AM

I've messaged those who already translate.  Russian, Portugese, Chinese. And will provide 100 MRO to each as a bounty.  Spanish and other translation is needed.  I'll start translation bounty with a 300 MRO donation if setup like pool/gui bounty  That could be made 100 MRO for translation for beginning.  Donations after that would be split at later date equal between translators so first translators get same as later.    

I would like to thank mickey_miner for bounty and supporting translators.
I am glad, got 50 MRO. Yay!

Monero is your money privacy.
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 2122 »
  Print  

Jump to: