Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:35:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 [794] 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
ScottAllyn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

¿ʇɐɥʍ

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 03:40:42 PM

Pat already addressed nearly everything regarding this.  I did receive one tip of .2 BTC from Wizrig once for my work on the wallet, when I was up all night working on it.  I actually told him after that I wasn't comfortable receiving tips like this.  I would rather just put the work in to improving VeriCoin, it's value and that be my reward.  This way I don't feel obligated to do anything in any way  (he never asked me to do anything for him though).  I also have all my mined coins and bought some on the market and I am holding for the long run.  Friends and family are also holding for long run.

I gifted Pat with a pizza coupon a number of months ago. I do not know if he used it benevolently or was overcome with greed and ate the entire pizza himself.

Ignored User Cleanup Script - Completely hide ignored users!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KryptoKings

Activity: 854
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 04:28:26 PM

Pat already addressed nearly everything regarding this.  I did receive one tip of .2 BTC from Wizrig once for my work on the wallet, when I was up all night working on it.  I actually told him after that I wasn't comfortable receiving tips like this.  I would rather just put the work in to improving VeriCoin, it's value and that be my reward.  This way I don't feel obligated to do anything in any way  (he never asked me to do anything for him though).  I also have all my mined coins and bought some on the market and I am holding for the long run.  Friends and family are also holding for long run.

I gifted Pat with a pizza coupon a number of months ago. I do not know if he used it benevolently or was overcome with greed and ate the entire pizza himself.

What a jerk! Pat didn't offer anyone pizza from that coupon. I have searched everyone of his post and not a hint of that pizza.

@Doug - anyone who is gonna keep me up all night better tip me atleast 1 btc. I bet they dare not ask me for anything else again, lol.
pnosker

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 04:53:43 PM

Wow, I completely forgot about that... now to order pizza...

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
KryptoKings

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 04:56:44 PM

Don't be greedy... email me a slice
pnosker

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 05:32:08 PM

Maybe I took too long to access the code from Gyft but I can't seem to fetch it now Sad. At least it's just Papa John's.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
vtec2liter

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 05:36:16 PM

Grin Well I just threw down some coin on the supernet. Looks like a great idea to me and the rise of the price is a great thing for this development.
KryptoKings

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 05:55:01 PM

Maybe I took too long to access the code from Gyft but I can't seem to fetch it now Sad. At least it's just Papa John's.

The mentioned greed part took over. Judging by the time it took to respond the entire pizza was delivered and eaten in that amount of time. I have agents outside who saw the pizza delivered by driver Rudy ID # 22314 of Papa John. Pat tipped him with 12 queters and told him to keep the change!!!

JK.. LoL
X-Laboratories

Activity: 163

founder of X-Laboratories

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 06:29:46 PM

Hi guys,
always supporting VRC
Just a quick question:
I am the one throwing 10 Gh/s into the x11 veripool.
I am a little worried, coz i hashed there for a month with my usual hasrate (130mh/s) on x11..and the payments were 20/25 coins each..every 4/5 hours.
Now i am hasing with 10gh/s ...and it pays me 80 coin per hour ( 400 coins in the same timeframe window of the comparison)
Something is wrong with the payments on the veripool, you can easily make some math...
My hashrate now is zillion  (800%+)times my usual hashrate..but the coins i receive are not so many...am i correct?
Hope someone find a reason for that..i feel...my hashing is a bit wasted tbh :/

"sine secretum non libertas"
BTC 1ABmTBQ3BAJ8tY6EpPM9a6ZoaWsaJipdGV
LTC LS5ejuvBJFAEZEDhYf3KAN8nGjjayTYxez
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 06:38:52 PM

and the power of investors that come with jl777

That power is lot less than what was promised and expected. After the great speeches and the promised endless access to infinitely rich whales the price couldn't even break 20k, and VRC started from a very low volume and very low price of 10k.
I would never do the bitching and complaining if the price rise, but as the price is fluctuating around 15k and going nowhere, better to ask where is the promised buy support of whales and not to celebrate what is not there.
I am not a pumper and I never promised instant 10x on price. That is not how it works. BBR was a special case as its price was artificially lowered, so there was a snapback to a more normal price. Adding value takes time, but the 50% gain indicates a fundamental revaluation has occurred and from here what is wanted is a steady gain of ~2% per day

The rapid gains are speculators who will just sell at a profit. The way to get 10x long term is with 2% per day. This is what I work for and what I have done with BTCD. The base rate was higher than 2% there, but this is because it started at 100K marketcap, not $1 mil. If anybody doubts the power of 2% per day, do the calculation of 1.02 to the 120th power

This is a four month timeframe of boring 2% gains. Not everyday will be a gaining day, so we need 120 net gaining days of 2%

dozens of new investors are watching VRC very closely now. They are providing buy support that creates a stable base needed for the steady gains. I know that you know that $1 mil in marketcap doesnt happen without investor support.

There will be a time for some more active price movements, but for now, it is important to stabilize at a new floor. usually a week, sometimes two.

So the price is going to stay around here for while. I am surprised you are complaining. Have you looked at the long term charts? 10x volume and 50% gain, we are making a flag pattern on chart as the initial buy panic is oscillating around this level. .00015 is a perfectly fine range for this stage.

To create a long term price gain, you need to be gaining new investors without losing existing ones. This happens in cycles. Like climbing stairs. Any sudden rise is always followed by a drop, the key to note is where the price is oscillating around. Once the long term stair step pattern is created, then investors will learn to wait to buy at the bottom, maybe sell a bit at the top if they are keen for the excitement of daytrading. Of course the HODL is the best strategy if you are thinking in 6 months the price is much higher.

So we have to be realistic and satisfied with steady progress in price. When the new releases are coming out, that is usually when the next step up in price happens.

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
Bizquick

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 06:46:14 PM

Hi guys,
always supporting VRC
Just a quick question:
I am the one throwing 10 Gh/s into the x11 veripool.
I am a little worried, coz i hashed there for a month with my usual hasrate (130mh/s) on x11..and the payments were 20/25 coins each..every 4/5 hours.
Now i am hasing with 10gh/s ...and it pays me 80 coin per hour ( 400 coins in the same timeframe window of the comparison)
Something is wrong with the payments on the veripool, you can easily make some math...
My hashrate now is zillion  (800%+)times my usual hashrate..but the coins i receive are not so many...am i correct?
Hope someone find a reason for that..i feel...my hashing is a bit wasted tbh :/

It might be just the OBA. 

What is OBA?
A: VeriPool handles payouts differently than other pools. It may take up to 24 hours before you begin to receive payouts. The pool pays per block as opposed to on a fixed schedule. When you do start to receive payouts, they will likely be quite small at first; you will receive a fraction of what you've earned for each block while the remaining balance is put into the OBA (Optimized Buying Algorithm).  The OBA monitors the exchanges for trends and will hold all of the coins until it thinks it can get the best trades; this may be a few hours or even a day or two.  Once the OBA makes some trades, you will begin to receive larger payouts and they SHOULD remain much more consistent in size and periodicity after that.  It can take up to two or three days for payouts to "stabilize". During this period, as mentioned above, you'll be earning more coins than you're receiving. Don't worry, tho! Those coins are not lost, they're simply being held by the OBA as it attempts to maximize your profits.  When you stop mining, you'll likely continue to receive payouts for up to five additional days until all of the coins that you've earned have been paid.
KryptoKings

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 06:50:44 PM

and the power of investors that come with jl777

That power is lot less than what was promised and expected. After the great speeches and the promised endless access to infinitely rich whales the price couldn't even break 20k, and VRC started from a very low volume and very low price of 10k.
I would never do the bitching and complaining if the price rise, but as the price is fluctuating around 15k and going nowhere, better to ask where is the promised buy support of whales and not to celebrate what is not there.
I am not a pumper and I never promised instant 10x on price. That is not how it works. BBR was a special case as its price was artificially lowered, so there was a snapback to a more normal price. Adding value takes time, but the 50% gain indicates a fundamental revaluation has occurred and from here what is wanted is a steady gain of ~2% per day

The rapid gains are speculators who will just sell at a profit. The way to get 10x long term is with 2% per day. This is what I work for and what I have done with BTCD. The base rate was higher than 2% there, but this is because it started at 100K marketcap, not $1 mil. If anybody doubts the power of 2% per day, do the calculation of 1.02 to the 120th power

This is a four month timeframe of boring 2% gains. Not everyday will be a gaining day, so we need 120 net gaining days of 2%

dozens of new investors are watching VRC very closely now. They are providing buy support that creates a stable base needed for the steady gains. I know that you know that $1 mil in marketcap doesnt happen without investor support.

There will be a time for some more active price movements, but for now, it is important to stabilize at a new floor. usually a week, sometimes two.

So the price is going to stay around here for while. I am surprised you are complaining. Have you looked at the long term charts? 10x volume and 50% gain, we are making a flag pattern on chart as the initial buy panic is oscillating around this level. .00015 is a perfectly fine range for this stage.

To create a long term price gain, you need to be gaining new investors without losing existing ones. This happens in cycles. Like climbing stairs. Any sudden rise is always followed by a drop, the key to note is where the price is oscillating around. Once the long term stair step pattern is created, then investors will learn to wait to buy at the bottom, maybe sell a bit at the top if they are keen for the excitement of daytrading. Of course the HODL is the best strategy if you are thinking in 6 months the price is much higher.

So we have to be realistic and satisfied with steady progress in price. When the new releases are coming out, that is usually when the next step up in price happens.

James

One persons opinion. Price is good as it is. It is growing the way it is supposed to. BBR was a smaller market with less coins and easier to jack up the price. 90% of VRC hodlers are realistic. 9.9% are delusional and one person is just talking smack. The slow growth with new investors coming in will only make vrc stronger in the long run. I am sure I speak for must intelligent vrc hodlers.... we wait patiently. We grown slowly. As a team we will be a giant before it is all said and done.
eXch

Activity: 107
Merit: 559

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 06:59:26 PM

I think we gonna start exchanging this currency

"[...] Note: even though it originally came from an acronym, Tor is not spelled "TOR". Only the first letter is capitalized. In fact, we can usually spot people who haven't read any of our website (and have instead learned everything they know about Tor from news articles) by the fact that they spell it wrong."
 -- https://support.torproject.org/about/why-is-it-called-tor
xtent

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 07:12:22 PM

TODAY AT 3:25 PM US TIME VRC KNIGHTS   ANNIHILATE  VARIOUS PLATFORM TRADING BOTS MAKE THEN TAKE HUGE LOSSES  VRC EXCHANGE RATE  UP TO AVG 19.5 IN ALL MARKETS....  MORE SOON...

Ummm so how did that work out for you?
ereborltc

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 07:16:18 PM

the trolls will be trolls, trolling cause the price didn't double or triple... james never said that would happen...in fact he specifically said that WONT happen. if your looking for a major pump so u can flip your coins ,your barking up the wrong tree!

i couldn't be happier with this 50% rise and its not the rise that I'm impressed with, its the steady climb! establishing a proper floor and moving up slowly ,gradually and strong...

I finally feel safe buying more and more vericoin Smiley

thanks to the devs for their hard work and thanks to james for bringing back the community together! the future is bright!

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 08:32:10 PM

In all fairness the "James effect" has not produced just a 50% gain... The coin was in the low, very low 8, quite stagnant and with more probability of continuing down than up at all. The "conversations" between James and the devs took the price to the 10 level, so it was quite the first steps of the "James effect". Finally, the full announcement and immediate actions -i.e.- giving the donations to the community-, produced the frenzy that took the price to 19800.

Under any and all considerations, the "effect" has been -and continues being- extremely powerful, especially considering that VRC reached the top spot on Bittrex in volume and remains among the top most traded coins... all of this while dealing with the vocal skepticism of some AND, more importantly, the reality of  a sort of "waiting period" that, in crypto terms, is quite big.

With all these considerations -and others, including those who clocked profits and others that exited after recouping losses- taken into account, the price action is frankly encouraging, as it is the volume which brings awareness to the project, a project, mind you, that had been discounted as a failure by many that are now quite interested in keeping track of developments and that feel, like me, that it can have a future.
effectsToCause (OP)

Activity: 761
Merit: 505

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 08:47:31 PM

When on IRC, i got a PM from some one who needs help.

He made a startjoin but hasnt recieved any funds (for more information https://www.startjoin.com/surgery ). I think Vericoin can help this man.

We raised 500k VRC in 24 hour, can we raise another 13k (about 1.6 BTC needed)? Or use some from the 500k funds which we got back 'donated' from James?

After talking with him, i dont have the feeling this is a 'scam', let discuss.

https://twitter.com/AltMinerD/status/508044356419219456

https://twitter.com/btcdrak/status/498130414884900865

I donated .1 BTC to this person, I do not think this is a scam after looking through the materials.  If you come to the same conclusion he could use some help.  Thanks.

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/help-my-grandparents-undergo-a-surgery-they-need/214606
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 08:48:39 PM

In all fairness the "James effect" has not produced just a 50% gain... The coin was in the low, very low 8, quite stagnant and with more probability of continuing down than up at all. The "conversations" between James and the devs took the price to the 10 level, so it was quite the first steps of the "James effect". Finally, the full announcement and immediate actions -i.e.- giving the donations to the community-, produced the frenzy that took the price to 19800.

Under any and all considerations, the "effect" has been -and continues being- extremely powerful, especially considering that VRC reached the top spot on Bittrex in volume and remains among the top most traded coins... all of this while dealing with the vocal skepticism of some AND, more importantly, the reality of  a sort of "waiting period" that, in crypto terms, is quite big.

With all these considerations -and others, including those who clocked profits and others that exited after recouping losses- taken into account, the price action is frankly encouraging, as it is the volume which brings awareness to the project, a project, mind you, that had been discounted as a failure by many that are now quite interested in keeping track of developments and that feel, like me, that it can have a future.

oh my, didnt though i would see something like that again after 2 months of derp from you.

i totaly agree with you....
gosh - my head is spinning  Cheesy

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 08:52:28 PM

oh my, didnt though i would see something like that again after 2 months of derp from you.

Well it only proves that you understand just one direction... something quite worrysome when that direction goes all the way to Palookaville... Think about it: From your standpoint, nothing has happened here during the last few days, nothing at all. Now think about that a little bit more, ok? You really, really need it. Because a lot, a huge lot, has indeed changed here with James' arrival. Consequently -please google that word-, my words reflect the new and quite different situation.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 08:55:46 PM

Well it only proves that you understand just one direction... something quite worrysome when that direction goes all the way to Palookaville... Think about it: From your standpoint, nothing has happened here during the last few days, nothing at all. Now think about that a little bit more, ok? You really, really need it. Because a lot, a huge lot, has indeed changed here with James' arrival. Consequently -please google that word-, my words reflect the new and quite different situation.

your clearly missed the point of my post or my english is just bad it seems......
just forget it

( but if you want to know: its the first post since 2 months from you that i agree to )

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 08:56:48 PM

It is forgotten indeed.
Pages: « 1 ... 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 [794] 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: