Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:23:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 [796] 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355399 times)
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:56:17 AM

Dont agree with the rest of it But that was one damm funny youtube vid bob.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vtec2liter

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 08:04:52 AM

You know what's really funny is that Bob is heading a pump and dump group saying that supernets a scam.... Really? WoW!
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 08:08:55 AM

@James

The above explanations are way too technical and way too complex for most people to fully understand --me included.

I believe it would serve you -and us all- quite well if you work a bit on a much simple explanation... with analogies that work. The one about SuperNET being to crypto (Alts, I imagine you mean) what the Internet is to websites simply doesn't cut it. The internet is a highway and SuperNET is nothing of that short. In my (admittedly very little) understanding of it, SuperNET would be much more an aggregator (like Yahoo, for instance) or a specific portal with several sites linked under a common general umbrella. I may be wrong?

Also I have no doubt you have the general lines and sources of revenue quite clearly delineated in your mind for that project, but it doesn't come through clearly. You speak of "advertising", for instance... what advertising? There's no advertising revenue whatsoever in Vericoin -or in any other coin that I know of for that matter-, so how is advertising revenue going to make its way to to the SuperNET? Like I said, I have no doubt you have all that sorted out quite clearly in your mind but it would be more than convenient (and greatly appreciated) if you spend a few minutes in trying to go into it, in detail, AND in a language that the average 11 year old can understand.

I'll give you a few instances, besides the above mentioned, that are hard to grasp: "Assets" (or cryptoassets, as per your description). Which are them? Does Vericoin have any, currently? If so, which?

I am quite familiar with the NXT platform myself... which I have posted long ago I believe is the best in crypto, by far... only that the distribution sucks and I wouldn't recommend anyone to invest in something fully owned by 70 people, all of which can retire and live like millionaires if they sell off their coins. If only a couple of them do, the entire platform goes practically to zero value in price practically overnight... that's my opinion, of course. But, as it stands, I believe all sort of things can and will be built on top of that platform (will those things to be built, what you call "cryptoassets"? I also understand -hopefully correctly- that NXTventures is a incubator but I don't get what kind of assets can be monetized in the SuperNET when every tech is open source and it is going to be widely available to anyone shortly after implemented. And that would be for free, right? So I still fail to see any source of revenue....

So, again, please give me a detailed lecture so I can understand, in layman's terms, how you plan on monetizing the blockchain traffic that linking the blockchains of it's members to the blockchain of the SuperNET (is that how it is going to work?) will provide.

I'm sure I am not alone in wanting to have a much clearer vision of what the SuperNET you have envisioned is going to be, since Vericoin is going to be part of it, hopefully, core part of it. The interested parties will be as thankful as I am in advance for it.

ereborltc

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 09:39:57 AM

@James

The above explanations are way too technical and way too complex for most people to fully understand --me included.

I believe it would serve you -and us all- quite well if you work a bit on a much simple explanation... with analogies that work. The one about SuperNET being to crypto (Alts, I imagine you mean) what the Internet is to websites simply doesn't cut it. The internet is a highway and SuperNET is nothing of that short. In my (admittedly very little) understanding of it, SuperNET would be much more an aggregator (like Yahoo, for instance) or a specific portal with several sites linked under a common general umbrella. I may be wrong?

Also I have no doubt you have the general lines and sources of revenue quite clearly delineated in your mind for that project, but it doesn't come through clearly. You speak of "advertising", for instance... what advertising? There's no advertising revenue whatsoever in Vericoin -or in any other coin that I know of for that matter-, so how is advertising revenue going to make its way to to the SuperNET? Like I said, I have no doubt you have all that sorted out quite clearly in your mind but it would be more than convenient (and greatly appreciated) if you spend a few minutes in trying to go into it, in detail, AND in a language that the average 11 year old can understand.

I'll give you a few instances, besides the above mentioned, that are hard to grasp: "Assets" (or cryptoassets, as per your description). Which are them? Does Vericoin have any, currently? If so, which?

I am quite familiar with the NXT platform myself... which I have posted long ago I believe is the best in crypto, by far... only that the distribution sucks and I wouldn't recommend anyone to invest in something fully owned by 70 people, all of which can retire and live like millionaires if they sell off their coins. If only a couple of them do, the entire platform goes practically to zero value in price practically overnight... that's my opinion, of course. But, as it stands, I believe all sort of things can and will be built on top of that platform (will those things to be built, what you call "cryptoassets"? I also understand -hopefully correctly- that NXTventures is a incubator but I don't get what kind of assets can be monetized in the SuperNET when every tech is open source and it is going to be widely available to anyone shortly after implemented. And that would be for free, right? So I still fail to see any source of revenue....

So, again, please give me a detailed lecture so I can understand, in layman's terms, how you plan on monetizing the blockchain traffic that linking the blockchains of it's members to the blockchain of the SuperNET (is that how it is going to work?) will provide.

I'm sure I am not alone in wanting to have a much clearer vision of what the SuperNET you have envisioned is going to be, since Vericoin is going to be part of it, hopefully, core part of it. The interested parties will be as thankful as I am in advance for it.

true , i understand the most part but an easier more simpler way of explaining would make things much more clearer for the less tech savvy folk like myself Wink

thanks

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
ereborltc

Activity: 966

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 09:43:16 AM

You know Bob, you are doing just fine with your group of manipulators... congratulations on that one.... so far. It does seem that the "guaranteed" double on XST may be in a little bit of a conundrum, though. You see, that project promises investors a 20% interest and you know as well as anyone that it is an impossibility, a de facto impossibility. So you may have some trouble fulfilling that guarantee of yours this time around even with the power to manipulate the price that gives your substantial purchasing power. Good luck with that, you are going to need it.

Now, to call an idea -an idea that has been enthusiastically embraced by dozens of rich and not so rich investors-, a "scam", that is a tall tale... It hasn't even happened yet. Won't for a while either... what has happened, like I just said, is that people has put enthusiastically, thousands of BTC behind that idea. And yes, Vericoin is now part of that general idea. No guarantees here though, we just like it. We like it enough that a lot of generous people in the community has gone several extra miles to support it with their own money... with a lot more to come. And guess what Bob? The price has doubled (there's your 100%) since the conversations started a few days ago. So, so far, quite so good.

But I am quite sorry that you do not like it... then again, you never liked this project (Vericoin) at all: You wanted it dead, not salvaged.

I understand the subsequent actions to ensure its survival were not of your liking and you might be quite pissed off... which means we probably have to warm to the idea that your group will stay quite away from Vericoin while the price continues doubling.

And that, Bobby, is a very good thing. For us. For you? Immaterial: I'm sure you will continue doing quite good yourself, financially. Healthwise, if you don't come around here, I'm sure you will be much happier. But it will be your call, ok?
Can't believe how things can turn around! BARABBAS im falling in love! Your the man, glad to have you on our side, you've proven to be a great asset to vericoin!

+1000000

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
Candy L93

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 09:44:05 AM

Jl777 effect have shown on VRC.That' funny.Whatever it's good for all of us
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 09:52:26 AM

@James

HTML GUI locally generated allows for context sensitive ads.
open source allows tech to be copied, but not me
also, the 10000 BTC
also, the userbase
NXTventure is incubator, it allows to make a competent dev good money
it is not blockchain traffic being monetized, it is providing services users want like trading crypto at half the commission, lower price for users, but still a fee is generated. maybe you want to send VRC to a creditcard, there is fee. Privatebet is for gambling, I am sure you can understand the fees from that. other games, maybe online storage, Grid computing, jobs board.
just some late night ideas.
so services that crypto peoples are already using offered at lower cost and preferably decentralized, this is the fees.

SuperNET is a transport layer at least the part that connects all the coins together
then there is the GUI that is providing a way to use the services and showing ads.
For example we will be adding a new page to the standard GUI where you can directly trade on bter.

SuperNET is not just one thing, it is a way to connect all the coin networks together at the low level and a way to display in user friendly way at the high level.
the financing part is totally independent, but the NXTventure is concentrating on funding projects that enhance the SuperNET

Please try to understand in more details before just assuming about SuperNET.
My writing is horrible, this I know, so there are people who are making it better to understand

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
positivehigh

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 01:52:29 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2014, 01:21:36 AM by positivehigh

I follow james where ever he is posting so i invested here. James never fail supporting the right coins and all of them went high.  If im not mistaken james also invested here so im waiting for the 40k rise of this. I hope he will never fail  and i believe it will Smiley Sorry for my bad  english
Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 01:58:51 PM

Kevondo Going LIVE on http://www.vrcradio.com in 3 minutes
Xosihc

Activity: 538

Hello

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 03:02:30 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2014, 08:24:37 PM by Xosihc

[Dividend Announcement]

NXTventure will offer a 1:10 Privatebet dividend after the close of SuperNET funding [...]

Hey James,

This is just my opinion so please feel free to take it or leave it. I'm only offering it because I think it may help you in the long run.

You should be very careful labeling anything in the crypto currency world as a "dividend". I don't know where you operate/reside but if it's within the United States I can assure you this is an easy way to get in a lot of trouble. Up until now the US has been fairly gray as far as "what you can do/what you can't do". Insider trading, front running, wash sale - none of those laws apply to crypto, yet (from my understanding). But one thing they have made clear is in no way, shape, or form are you allowed to tie any type of equity ownership to a coin - and yes this includes using the term dividend payout.

There are a number of people who are currently fighting for their freedom just for that exact reason.

Now, if you're outside the US - well you can disregard my advice. I am not clear on the legal ramifications of doing this in other countries. But for all I know you are behind 7 proxies and everything is cool. Anyway, just some food for thought Smiley
KryptoKings

Activity: 854
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 04:36:28 PM

I follow james where ever he is posting so i invested here. James never fail supporting the right coins and all of them went high.  If im not mistaken james also invested here so im waiting for the 40k rise of this. I hope he will never fail again and i believe it will Smiley

Not making fun of you so please don't take it that way, but that last sentence was a little disturbing... please tell me English is not your first language and I will leave it alone.
GTX-DoX

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 06:01:54 PM

When on IRC, i got a PM from some one who needs help.

He made a startjoin but hasnt recieved any funds (for more information https://www.startjoin.com/surgery ). I think Vericoin can help this man.

We raised 500k VRC in 24 hour, can we raise another 13k (about 1.6 BTC needed)? Or use some from the 500k funds which we got back 'donated' from James?

After talking with him, i dont have the feeling this is a 'scam', let discuss.

https://twitter.com/AltMinerD/status/508044356419219456

https://twitter.com/btcdrak/status/498130414884900865

I donated .1 BTC to this person, I do not think this is a scam after looking through the materials.  If you come to the same conclusion he could use some help.  Thanks.

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/help-my-grandparents-undergo-a-surgery-they-need/214606

I would just like to raise the awareness of this issue since it's really urgent for them. Hoping they get much bigger support considering their current health situation!

Please check or share the link above if you can to help them.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 09:16:02 PM

[Dividend Announcement]

NXTventure will offer a 1:10 Privatebet dividend after the close of SuperNET funding [...]

Hey James,

This is just my opinion so please feel free to take it or leave it. I'm only offering it because I think it may help you in the long run.

You should be very careful labeling anything in the crypto currency world as a "dividend". I don't know where you operate/reside but if it's within the United States I can assure you this is an easy way to get in a lot of trouble. Up until now the US has been fairly gray as far as "what you can do/what you can't do". Insider trading, front running, wash sale - none of those laws apply to crypto, yet (from my understanding). But one thing they have made clear is in no way, shape, or form are you allowed to tie any type of equity ownership to a coin - and yes this includes using the term dividend payout.

There are a number of people who are currently fighting for their freedom just for that exact reason.

Now, if you're outside the US - well you can disregard my advice. I am not clear on the legal ramifications of doing this in other countries. But for all I know you are behind 7 proxies and everything is cool. Anyway, just some food for thought Smiley
how did you know I use 7 proxies?

I am most definitely never ever inside the USA! Very dangerous country for me to even be near. It is what it is, a distribution, dividend, asset transfer, gift, cheese sauce. Whatever it is called it is what it is. The fact that in USA if it is called one thing vs. another without any other differences makes it legal or illegal, just highlights the total nonsense that the USA legal system has become.

Thank you for you concern though!

James

KryptoKings

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 09:26:48 PM

[Dividend Announcement]

Hey James,

I am most definitely never ever inside the USA! Very dangerous country for me to even be near. It is what it is, a distribution, dividend, asset transfer, gift, cheese sauce. Whatever it is called it is what it is. The fact that in USA if it is called one thing vs. another without any other differences makes it legal or illegal, just highlights the total nonsense that the USA legal system has become.

James

@ James - cheese sauce sounds interesting. Can I get some extra cheese sauce on my vericoins?
Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 11:31:46 PM

[Dividend Announcement]

Hey James,

This is just my opinion so please feel free to take it or leave it [...]

James
Glad to hear! Like I said, just wanted to look out for your best interest Wink

The fact that in USA if it is called one thing vs. another without any other differences makes it legal or illegal, just highlights the total nonsense that the USA legal system has become.

Yup - that's muuuuuuurica for you  Tongue
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 12:13:41 AM

[Dividend Announcement]

Hey James,

James

The fact that in USA if it is called one thing vs. another without any other differences makes it legal or illegal, just highlights the total nonsense that the USA legal system has become.

but at least it is easier to buy guns than BTC there Smiley

Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:47:34 AM

[Dividend Announcement]

Hey James,

James

amen to that brotha Smiley
KryptoKings

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:58:29 AM

[Dividend Announcement]

Hey James,

James

U are so right!
positivehigh

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 01:25:51 AM

I follow james where ever he is posting so i invested here. James never fail supporting the right coins and all of them went high.  If im not mistaken james also invested here so im waiting for the 40k rise of this. I hope he will never fail again and i believe it will Smiley

Not making fun of you so please don't take it that way, but that last sentence was a little disturbing... please tell me English is not your first language and I will leave it alone.

You are right. Its not my language so i edited it. Sorry bout that. Actually if im not mistaken  from what ive read from some posts of james that vrc will go high around 40k so invested here. I still believe just what happened to btcd. There are so many fuds but at the end of the day btcd became more than .01 so i believe it will also happen  here. Before the end of the month what is your rough estimate that vrc will reach?
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 02:00:22 AM

I follow james where ever he is posting so i invested here. James never fail supporting the right coins and all of them went high.  If im not mistaken james also invested here so im waiting for the 40k rise of this. I hope he will never fail again and i believe it will Smiley

You are right. Its not my language so i edited it. Sorry bout that. Actually if im not mistaken  from what ive read from some posts of james that vrc will go high around 40k so invested here. I still believe just what happened to btcd. There are so many fuds but at the end of the day btcd became more than .01 so i believe it will also happen  here. Before the end of the month what is your rough estimate that vrc will reach?

85K, perhaps 88K, though 86.5K is more realistic.

Edit: I don't expect 100k before 25th Sept.
Pages: « 1 ... 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 [796] 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: