Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:28:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018  (Read 696180 times)
endlessskill

Activity: 531
Merit: 500

AMD | Mining | NVIDIA

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:55:20 PM

Anybody measured electricity usage while folding?  My R9 290s are running cool (as in cool to the touch), which makes me think they're probably not using much electricity.  OTOH, I'm only getting about 140k PPD from each of them, not sure why.

I use about 70% of what I used prior (based on my daily power consumption charts from my power company) after changing from Scrypt->folding. Along with this, less cooling is needed so it saves even more.
Anyone else can confirm this? If so I can update the stats on my website to reflect this.
Yep dude, my GPUs are working cool too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kqpahv

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:32:38 PM

Anybody measured electricity usage while folding?  My R9 290s are running cool (as in cool to the touch), which makes me think they're probably not using much electricity.  OTOH, I'm only getting about 140k PPD from each of them, not sure why.

I use about 70% of what I used prior (based on my daily power consumption charts from my power company) after changing from Scrypt->folding. Along with this, less cooling is needed so it saves even more.
Anyone else can confirm this? If so I can update the stats on my website to reflect this.

My rigs with 4 Radeon 280x cards (undervolted) and g1610 are pulling 550W-600W from the wall and I am only using bronze PSU's. Back in the days when I used to mine scrypt those rigs were pulling 1150W. So for me folding uses 50% of what scrypt uses. Though my cards are now heavily undervolted @ 1020Mhz / 0.956-0.975Mv which was not achievable with scrypt @ 1080Mhz
LasersHurt

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:54:42 PM

Just a reminder that the Chinese and Russian bounties remain open on the website.

Additionally, the French translation is completed and ready for user review - if you speak French, take some time to poke through it to make sure it's a good translation. It's a bit long, but worth the effort to make sure we present good content.
instacalm

Activity: 798

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:28:17 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2014, 01:06:12 AM by instacash

CureCoin Mac OS X Wallet v0.1.3.0

URL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g7us6d12vskys7y/CureCoin-Qt-MacOSX-v0130.zip

zip shasum: f969b09ef16d692e43299d9266f00bfa75bc90c6

Please support me with CUR tips:  BDRVPt8pS4TwNdD4YBUJDkphQXV5JkLtsC

Enjoy!

addendum: I just noticed that there was already a Mac built hidden in the knowledge base?
I built this one from scratch. Please update your ANN!

cameronpalte

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:32:41 PM

Nice job guys - like the translations and the mac wallet.

Bitcoin Facuet List - Free http://bitcoinsfaucetslist.blogspot.com/
Trollollo

Activity: 539

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:43:37 PM

Need to put this on main page of this tread.

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
FifthGhostbuster

Activity: 153

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:51:07 PM

Phase 1
Today I start fundraising to get the promotion of CureCoin off the ground. If you would like to see the marketing for this coin go viral; I would suggest donating as 100% of the proceeds go towards marketing campaigns. First step is to try and get us on the sponsor list for the BTC conference 2014 in Chicago. Here is a list of the donor hierarchy.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/225648825/NABC-Chicago-Sponsorship-Info-19-5-2014
I will not be taking any profit or cut from this as 100% of donations will directly go towards this.
WHY? Great question. We have in our midst a coin actually worth something; a real modern miracle. As the Dev. Team grows stronger the coin will grow by itself. However nothing like adding fuel to the fire. Since at this conference there will not only be Forbes, Wall Street Journal, a lot of press and large investors, but a vast majority of other crypto enthusiasts. Of course following their interest is further support and volume into the coin.  Assuming we have at least a booth set up minimum. We already have top designers and digital artists at our disposal for press and promotions. The real goal is to reach the premier donor list, which comes with the added benefit of having CureCoin logo splashed across the conference on every piece of written literature and banners from napkins to ID badges.

Goals: To get a booth set up we will need $2000 or roughly 4 BTC just for the booth. To hit premier sponsor we will need $25,000 or roughly 50 BTC.
Why don’t I just buy coin to maximize my investment? Another great question, if you’re already holding CureCoin, the amount you would buy will not change current prices. However if we are able to make the premier spot, very big players will become more interested as we were able to raise this amount through the coins support alone. More volume in the coin, more transactions per day, more folds per day and work units are completed.  THE CLOSER WE GET TO THE CURE.
BTC address, 1NyS35o4FSt5YNNgbfbLjCiMZZ3HssxCsB

Phase 2
   Any leftover donations will be used towards future marketing which is already lined up and with aid, in development. We already have approval from three different “Race for the Cure” events as sponsors and hosts. These 5k – half marathon races are great for raising awareness and general knowledge of CureCoin.  This plans to be a multi-national campaign as we now have connections in New Zealand and Australia. If you know of any other great ideas or input feel free to contact me as I am always excited to make new connections.
Just to prove that I have permission to do this and I am not here to scam anyone. I will remain completely open with my identity.
Jakewiser22@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/jake.wiser.5
1-801-598-8949
Feel free to contact me anytime I’ll get back to you ASAP.
Also if you will be donating 0.5 BTC or more please contact me first as you will be receiving a custom CureCoin t-shirt with any name you choose to be printed on it as well as special thanks and promotional swag. Open discussion for a CureCoin transaction depending on your support .

I've watched the previous crypto conferences pass by and a lot of coins getting donations and/or using premine to have a representative there. Most of those coins were just completely skipped and barely got any attention at all, let alone that their popularity increased. What makes you think it will be different for curecoin/this conference? Do you think an expensive conference booth will be more useful than using a donation fund to get listed on a site like Coinpayments or another payment platform to get more uses for the coin?
(not trying to bash your idea, I am just being critical before sending my money to a stranger)

P.S. maybe you can also add a CureCoin donation address Smiley

CureCoin address =p

BMyE2yTNVFtbUu6hwVVCn9BsGkeBF6F5UB

I would recommend going for the 4 BTC slot.

I'm thinking of trying to hit every BTC conference around the world Since I get free tickets ha. I have some really good connections with SKY CITY in NZ they will be very excited to hear from me when I invite some of the "Head Honchos" if you will. . to the convention.

Also going to have a couple tvs with promo videos going and still trying to get a a table during the dinner and have the dev team get announced during it? Just a thought this is an open discussion about what can happen since it is OUR decision. Once WE create it I promise I can get everything going.

Anyways, striving for the CURE FifthGhostbuster

0.1 BTC Sent from 1HkSGRfo738oEqkt6pjnqzSgFfqpLnc68C ..   Good Luck!!
Thanks were now at .11 btc still need more for atleast a booth =p

Come on folks lets get him to a booth!
lead dev josh plans to be going also.

nice work guys were around 256$ raised we still need more to make it to the conference! Also read this might peak your interests. =p
http://www.chicagofed.org/digital_assets/publications/chicago_fed_letter/2013/cfldecember2013_317.pdf

Go CureCoin!
cameronpalte

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:06:57 PM

Phase 1
Today I start fundraising to get the promotion of CureCoin off the ground. If you would like to see the marketing for this coin go viral; I would suggest donating as 100% of the proceeds go towards marketing campaigns. First step is to try and get us on the sponsor list for the BTC conference 2014 in Chicago. Here is a list of the donor hierarchy.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/225648825/NABC-Chicago-Sponsorship-Info-19-5-2014
I will not be taking any profit or cut from this as 100% of donations will directly go towards this.
WHY? Great question. We have in our midst a coin actually worth something; a real modern miracle. As the Dev. Team grows stronger the coin will grow by itself. However nothing like adding fuel to the fire. Since at this conference there will not only be Forbes, Wall Street Journal, a lot of press and large investors, but a vast majority of other crypto enthusiasts. Of course following their interest is further support and volume into the coin.  Assuming we have at least a booth set up minimum. We already have top designers and digital artists at our disposal for press and promotions. The real goal is to reach the premier donor list, which comes with the added benefit of having CureCoin logo splashed across the conference on every piece of written literature and banners from napkins to ID badges.

Goals: To get a booth set up we will need $2000 or roughly 4 BTC just for the booth. To hit premier sponsor we will need $25,000 or roughly 50 BTC.
Why don’t I just buy coin to maximize my investment? Another great question, if you’re already holding CureCoin, the amount you would buy will not change current prices. However if we are able to make the premier spot, very big players will become more interested as we were able to raise this amount through the coins support alone. More volume in the coin, more transactions per day, more folds per day and work units are completed.  THE CLOSER WE GET TO THE CURE.
BTC address, 1NyS35o4FSt5YNNgbfbLjCiMZZ3HssxCsB

Phase 2
   Any leftover donations will be used towards future marketing which is already lined up and with aid, in development. We already have approval from three different “Race for the Cure” events as sponsors and hosts. These 5k – half marathon races are great for raising awareness and general knowledge of CureCoin.  This plans to be a multi-national campaign as we now have connections in New Zealand and Australia. If you know of any other great ideas or input feel free to contact me as I am always excited to make new connections.
Just to prove that I have permission to do this and I am not here to scam anyone. I will remain completely open with my identity.
Jakewiser22@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/jake.wiser.5
1-801-598-8949
Feel free to contact me anytime I’ll get back to you ASAP.
Also if you will be donating 0.5 BTC or more please contact me first as you will be receiving a custom CureCoin t-shirt with any name you choose to be printed on it as well as special thanks and promotional swag. Open discussion for a CureCoin transaction depending on your support .

I've watched the previous crypto conferences pass by and a lot of coins getting donations and/or using premine to have a representative there. Most of those coins were just completely skipped and barely got any attention at all, let alone that their popularity increased. What makes you think it will be different for curecoin/this conference? Do you think an expensive conference booth will be more useful than using a donation fund to get listed on a site like Coinpayments or another payment platform to get more uses for the coin?
(not trying to bash your idea, I am just being critical before sending my money to a stranger)

P.S. maybe you can also add a CureCoin donation address Smiley

CureCoin address =p

BMyE2yTNVFtbUu6hwVVCn9BsGkeBF6F5UB

I would recommend going for the 4 BTC slot.

I'm thinking of trying to hit every BTC conference around the world Since I get free tickets ha. I have some really good connections with SKY CITY in NZ they will be very excited to hear from me when I invite some of the "Head Honchos" if you will. . to the convention.

Also going to have a couple tvs with promo videos going and still trying to get a a table during the dinner and have the dev team get announced during it? Just a thought this is an open discussion about what can happen since it is OUR decision. Once WE create it I promise I can get everything going.

Anyways, striving for the CURE FifthGhostbuster

0.1 BTC Sent from 1HkSGRfo738oEqkt6pjnqzSgFfqpLnc68C ..   Good Luck!!
Thanks were now at .11 btc still need more for atleast a booth =p

Come on folks lets get him to a booth!
lead dev josh plans to be going also.

nice work guys were around 256$ raised we still need more to make it to the conference! Also read this might peak your interests. =p
http://www.chicagofed.org/digital_assets/publications/chicago_fed_letter/2013/cfldecember2013_317.pdf

Neat article - I can't afford to donate right now but I hope we at least get a booth.

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:12:46 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2014, 01:15:41 AM by ranlo

If you make it to the conference,  do you already have all the promo stuff ready? and can we see it to help evaluate and fix things?

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
cameronpalte

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:55:50 AM

Please look at this thread guys and try to do the listed things: http://www.curecoin.us/index.php?topic=3539.0

cameronpalte

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:12:50 AM

If you make it to the conference,  do you already have all the promo stuff ready? and can we see it to help evaluate and fix things?

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App

I agree - I think this would be quite useful!

spiffcow

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:28:58 AM

I think mainstream media is going to be the way to promote this coin..  The cryptocurrency 'scene' is pretty incestuous and skeevy.  What we want is to target the average Wired reader.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:33:30 AM

I think mainstream media is going to be the way to promote this coin..  The cryptocurrency 'scene' is pretty incestuous and skeevy.  What we want is to target the average Wired reader.

Cater to colleges as well. The students there are usually more apt to wanting to join projects like this (the curing cancer). It would also be good to try to work into some of the cancer-research hospitals for the same reason.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
cameronpalte

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:46:59 AM

I think mainstream media is going to be the way to promote this coin..  The cryptocurrency 'scene' is pretty incestuous and skeevy.  What we want is to target the average Wired reader.

Cater to colleges as well. The students there are usually more apt to wanting to join projects like this (the curing cancer). It would also be good to try to work into some of the cancer-research hospitals for the same reason.

Plus many college students have laptops / desktops and need some money. I agree we should try to hit up general news sites but also try to hit up the colleges.

FifthGhostbuster

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:59:12 AM

As for having everything ready. I have 2x 42 inch screens we can set up with a computer. then have one showing how proteins fold. and the other scrolling through random facts and graphs showing where this coin is going. I am thinking of doing curecoin business cards with a redemption code on the back for 1 curecoin. And the links to the websites. anyother ideas? We could play guess that protein or something to win a t shirt but sounds kinda lame ha. still waiting to hear back about a speech though.

Go CureCoin!
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 04:01:38 AM

As for having everything ready. I have 2x 42 inch screens we can set up with a computer. then have one showing how proteins fold. and the other scrolling through random facts and graphs showing where this coin is going. I am thinking of doing curecoin business cards with a redemption code on the back for 1 curecoin. And the links to the websites. anyother ideas? We could play guess that protein or something to win a t shirt but sounds kinda lame ha. still waiting to hear back about a speech though.

Lame things with prizes still pique interest. That's always a plus. Even if it's something people laugh about, that's great; it means they are thinking/talking about the project!

I like the idea of the business cards as well.

FifthGhostbuster

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 04:01:46 AM

Plus many college students have laptops / desktops and need some money. I agree we should try to hit up general news sites but also try to hit up the colleges.

I have permission from SLC utah to host a race for the cure also. but trying to piggy back on a couple other races that already exist. to save some fund money for future events.
And still working with fox 13 and channel 2 news to do a story for us.

Go CureCoin!
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 04:02:34 AM

I think mainstream media is going to be the way to promote this coin..  The cryptocurrency 'scene' is pretty incestuous and skeevy.  What we want is to target the average Wired reader.

I have permission from SLC utah to host a race for the cure also. but trying to piggy back on a couple other races that already exist. to save some fund money for future events.

If you manage to get the news to do a story, that's pretty big. Has anyone attempted to get this on to TechCrunch and MSN/Yahoo yet?

FifthGhostbuster

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 04:03:17 AM

Lame things with prizes still pique interest. That's always a plus. Even if it's something people laugh about, that's great; it means they are thinking/talking about the project!

I like the idea of the business cards as well.

i was thinking if you give someone one curecoin they are almost forced to look at the exchanges and read about it.

Go CureCoin!
FifthGhostbuster

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 04:05:50 AM

If you manage to get the news to do a story, that's pretty big. Has anyone attempted to get this on to TechCrunch and MSN/Yahoo yet?
not yet but now i must try lol

Go CureCoin!
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: