Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:55:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018  (Read 696180 times)
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 05:34:32 PM

been mining for an hour - but nothing on the pool website.   Huh

All my usernames match, I meticulously followed the guides and setup walkthroughs.

So is my 300K PPD being wasted by the pool?  Why isn't my username being matched and my PPD shown in the pool website?

Am I cooking an extremely expensive OCed Titan for nothing?

You haven't submitted any work units yet right?

With an hour of folding I don't think it's possible.

I am unfamiliar with this type of mining.

I turned off the CPU mining as suggested in the guide and turned the GPU to "Full" and set to core_17 process.

It is bouncing around between 290k-300k on the app, says 12% on the progress bar, ETA 7 hours....

So my system has to run flawlessly overclocked for 8.5 hours before work is submitted at all?  What if I crash after having done 5 hours of that work?

Poor system if it requires 9 hour stretches to complete before work is "turned in." IMHO.

miners crash.

Am I understanding your observation correctly and this new mining system?

If you crash, there are checkpoints saved if you look at the log file in the f@h client. So the f@h client will just resume from the last checkpoint.

The system has been in place since 2000 (9 years before bitcoin came out) and it works. It's not a mining system but a folding system.

I have done more research and understand better.  Thank you all.

I think since I have mined before, I would also like to try the investor route of supporting the coin.  Folding seems just like mining from my perspective.

How does one participate as an investor to donate 2.0 BTC and get 20k CureCoin, and then participate in PoS minting?

I see it has developers(given coins in pre-mine), miners(earn coins by processing transactions), folders(earn coins for doing the science of solving protein folding problems), and investors(earn coins by investing and then securing the coin with PoS minting).

There is a guide to everything but investing and PoS.  How do I participate as an investor as well as a folder?

This is a great use for Nvidia cards, but the PoS option seems rather attractive as well.

Hey! Since the coin is out of the "IPO"/crowdfunding stage, we no longer offer the 1 BTC for 10k Curecoin, unfortunately. Curecoin can be purchased on the exchanges (bittrex, poloniex), or on the forums.

For PoS, the easiest way to mint PoS blocks is to simply put the coins you don't plan on spending into an offline wallet, and every 30 days bring it back online for a day or two until you see the PoS blocks not coming any more.

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spiffcow

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:07:16 PM

Any plans to actually market this?  It seems like you shouldn't have a hard time getting into a Wired article or something on Ars.
Tweek

Merit: 250

CoinTweak profitability charts

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 06:38:56 AM

Any plans to actually market this?  It seems like you shouldn't have a hard time getting into a Wired article or something on Ars.
Thanks to all of our supporters we are now all booked for the Chicago conference. The fundraiser will remain open for future marketing of this amazing invention. Looking forward to the day where there will be no more disease!
BTC address: 1NyS35o4FSt5YNNgbfbLjCiMZZ3HssxCsB
Curecoin address: BMyE2yTNVFtbUu6hwVVCn9BsGkeBF6F5UB

I don't think there is any other marketing planned as of yet. They are still working very hard to improve the technical side of the coin.

Legionnairez

Activity: 163

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:40:01 AM

I would like to hear bit of updates on what the DEV team is working on right now. Smiley
cryptodaknight

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 02:37:24 PM

I would like to hear bit of updates on what the DEV team is working on right now. Smiley

Hey, found this coin and it's worth using my hashpower on. Love the project and idea, this is real world use instead of solving random problems this solves real world problems.

I hope more donate there hashpower here to get these problems solved. This could be groundbreaking for disease and science.

Also, yes we also have to treat this coin like a business model and developer updates often do help coins grow and much more success. Few days in cryptos is like weeks. Keeping on top and in the news is imporatant.

Don't let this coin die for lack of properly updating or marketing, its too important to be pushed aside by other junk coins.
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 06:45:20 PM

Quick Dev Update:

We had a G+ Chat for a few hours to hammer down the conference details. We are planning on having two standing banners, and a table runner. FifthGB made an awesome Android informational app you can download here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.conduit.app_f160cb96dde1445793dc95ed77265ae3.app and I'll be working with him to get it onto the iOS store as well. Bitcoin conference reservation is set in stone, and the Curecoin booth will be open for business. Smiley

In other news, I'm putting the finishing touches on a simple visually-oriented document outlining how a certificate-based blockchain will work, though keep in mind the development and integration of such a system is quite a ways in the future, and involves multiple participating universities. For clarification, if such a system is implemented, all curecoins *will* transfer over to the new system. We're not going to start fresh or anything silly like that.

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 07:53:26 PM

What is going that the price still dropping?

r3animation

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:41:16 PM

I think CureCoin needs a bigger marketing team to get this coin out there.
Kestrel71

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 01:54:38 AM

It's quite simple really.  The majority of people aren't interested in helping anyone in this world and the only people having any real interest in this coin are the miners who seem only too happy to dump at pointless prices.
Plus the only real exchange it is on(poloniex) is being heavily manipulated by a bot which no one wants to trade against.
spiffcow

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 03:59:02 AM

It's quite simple really.  The majority of people aren't interested in helping anyone in this world and the only people having any real interest in this coin are the miners who seem only too happy to dump at pointless prices.
Plus the only real exchange it is on(poloniex) is being heavily manipulated by a bot which no one wants to trade against.

I dunno about that.  I think if it even made enough to break even you'd have lots of people folding.  I also think you could get a lot of progressives to use or at least promote curecoin when they might be hesitant about bitcoin due to the vast number of right wingers in the BTC community. 

I think the biggest problem here, even moreso than the technical limitations of the coin implementation (the premine and IPO instead of split rewards ala devcoin, lack of merge mining) is the complete lack of marketting.  This coin could absolutely be written about in major print magazines if the marketing and community outreach was even halfway decent.
Aboy68

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:13:27 AM

Second trading: https://www.bittrex.com/Market/?MarketName=BTC-CURE
Tweek

CoinTweak profitability charts

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 05:31:33 PM

I dunno about that.  I think if it even made enough to break even you'd have lots of people folding.  I also think you could get a lot of progressives to use or at least promote curecoin when they might be hesitant about bitcoin due to the vast number of right wingers in the BTC community. 

I think the biggest problem here, even moreso than the technical limitations of the coin implementation (the premine and IPO instead of split rewards ala devcoin, lack of merge mining) is the complete lack of marketting.  This coin could absolutely be written about in major print magazines if the marketing and community outreach was even halfway decent.
But you do break even/make a small profit from folding: https://cointweak.com/calculator/coin/cure/FAH

spiffcow

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:52:07 PM

But you do break even/make a small profit from folding: https://cointweak.com/calculator/coin/cure/FAH

Either that calculator is way off, or 90% of folders have quit since I last folded.  I had 600k PPD and was getting about 20 coins per day, and using about 1500W.  Folding runs cool, but it still uses about 80% of electricity that scrypt mining does.
tobyliciously

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:52:33 PM

Coin sounds like a cool concept might join the fun.

Teddy COIN -15%Free+75%IPO,Let's talk about Teddy.
Teddy: Te6JXLV87SK7bS3ha2fXDqR67bFsQJc7gF
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 05:20:54 PM

I have noticed the same thing. The only thing people care about are pump and dumps where they can make a quick buck. You would think people would support noble projects like Curecoin and Gridcoin, but majority are not very interested. That is why the world is such a mess, everyone is out only for themselves.

It's quite simple really.  The majority of people aren't interested in helping anyone in this world and the only people having any real interest in this coin are the miners who seem only too happy to dump at pointless prices.
ATXsilver

Activity: 172

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 09:12:20 PM

I really think some of the premine should be used to create a 'stabilization fund' that would be used to put bids in to 'support' the CureCoin price. Look up what Nautilus coin is doing, and how non-volatile it is. This would also make the remainder of the 'Premine' and the Devs' coind worth SO MUCH MORE when they needed to cash out to go to conferences, etc.

The bottom line is that if all anyone sees is the CureCoin price slowly going down to 0, with hardly and up moves in between, we will have a crisis of confidence, and wonderful humanitarian idea or not, this coin will be raped to death by the miners who insta-dump whatever they mine unless the 'development team' does something to stop them.

Heres what I propose, out of all the coins you have 'set aside' for some miracle use one day, (Will only be a few bucks if this gets dumped down to 5 satoshi), you set aside 50% of that to ensure higher prices and incentivize long-term holders like myself to believe that we wont just lose 90% of our purchases within the next month.

You have to combine real world economics with the pie in the sky stuff to actually succeed with this idea, Jus think about it for a second, if you had sold 50% of your premine when this coin was at 100,000 plus satoshi, to put it in the 'stabilization fund' you could have set buy orders in tiers after the initial sell off below current market prices, and we would be looking at a 50,000 + Satoshi price Vs. the pathetic 10,000 price we now have.

This would inspire confidence among long-term holders, bring in more miners who will help fold and solve cancer, and provide some 'stability' vs the constant massacre the people who want to be in this long-term are currently witnessing. If you cannot support this price somehow, (and I agree, the lack of marketing is pathetic, an idea this great should have hit a major news medium by now, bringing in new blood and members to the community WTF?) then the coin will just die a slow death, and long-term members will eventually capitulate and throw in the towel.

I won't lie, I hold over 10,000 curecoins, and I am tempted right now to just dump them all on the market. I have no problem with charity, but when I lose over 90% of my purchase prices on my last 5 buys, it sure seems like either the devs are incompetent, there is no marketing, or possibly something nefarious is going on with the premine. How can those coins not be used for the purpose of benefiting those who have to pay hard earned BTC or mining power for their curecoins? Is that fair? That the 'devs' get the premine hoard and get more everyday and are doing nothing to support this price action? Sell some of the coins on every large 'up' move and use them to support the price. Or just do it slowly on a schedule to ensure you raise significant amount of BTC from your 'free coins' that could help out the community and build a cycle of positive/ non-volatile price action, not just watch this pig bleed out like a cancer patient on his last leg.

Sorry to sound so rough, but I come from an investment/ stock prospective, and all there are very clear financial moves that can support this coin that no one seems interested in, so I would like to hear some ideas on how to create a stable & rising price to avert the 'crisis of confidence' that the coin currently has.

Best,
ATX

Cryptsy Trade Key: fa9ad1332f179b704068b9a8a3cac5e08951b516

Sign up to trade on 100+ Alt Cryptos on Cryptsy Here: https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=100996

(I will send you a EAC Bonus for signing up under my link above - PM me your Cryptsy trade key once registered)

EAC: eVbBNty7AGwA26ZQpkyVjkoM5XoMiQCoLY

Contact ATXSilver@Gmail.com
AxioDevs

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:29:59 PM

Curecoin's developments have been an inspiration to bring charity and altruism back into the sometimes greedy land of coins.

My team and I have incorporated a new mining system that allows users to earn money, improve the coin's economy, and give back to charities (like the water project)

I hope that coins like Curecoin and our recent creation, Axiocoin continue to grow and succeed.

Keep up the good work! Smiley
Clazert

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:46:52 PM

Curecoin's developments have been an inspiration to bring charity and altruism back into the sometimes greedy land of coins.

My team and I have incorporated a new mining system that allows users to earn money, improve the coin's economy, and give back to charities (like the water project)

I hope that coins like Curecoin and our recent creation, Axiocoin continue to grow and succeed.

This coins have no point, the idea is good, but the trust thing of the plan is not good. Build a new protocol, not a btc clone, and maybe u ends with something valuable, if not a new protocol, much tweaking at least
r3animation

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:00:40 AM

This coins have no point, the idea is good, but the trust thing of the plan is not good. Build a new protocol, not a btc clone, and maybe u ends with something valuable, if not a new protocol, much tweaking at least

At first glance it looks like a clone but you need to read more to see that it's not a btc clone. It uses a blockchain like btc does but mostly everything else is different.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:37:04 AM

the development team are not active enough really, the premine for ipo and dev fund was too large. It has crushed the price. Things will recover as the ipo dumpers eventually run out of coins, but with the current BTC coming in per day it will take a long time. This team didn't really get this off to a good start.

Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: