Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 11:49:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 ... 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018  (Read 696180 times)
ChristianVirtual

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:19:27 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2014, 09:44:27 PM by ChristianVirtual

Overall the mechanics are ok, my point remain that I still struggle that on days when the stat server is down 200kPPD makes around 1000 coins which is much more compared to regular days, when stat server are up. It has a quite a gamble character. And whenever the stat server comes back the ratio is much worse.

FAH has the concept of equal points for equal scientific work (letting the discussion another that out of here). I think a similar concept should be build in the coin allocation; a pro rata allocation based in valid hours for stats update. No official stat updates, for all users, no coins.

As for the stat servers:
https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?nomobile=1&f=18&t=26191&start=90#p266974

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
merc84

Activity: 799
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:03:13 PM

http://www.foldingcoin.net/ What The??
LasersHurt

Activity: 75

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:21:01 PM

Begun, the clone wars have.
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 12:49:45 AM

Overall the mechanics are ok, my point remain that I still struggle that on days when the stat server is down 200kPPD makes around 1000 coins which is much more compared to regular days, when stat server are up. It has a quite a gamble character. And whenever the stat server comes back the ratio is much worse.

FAH has the concept of equal points for equal scientific work (letting the discussion another that out of here). I think a similar concept should be build in the coin allocation; a pro rata allocation based in valid hours for stats update. No official stat updates, for all users, no coins.

As for the stat servers:

Ah true, not sure if you were in IRC when we discussed this. The plan for the future is, when stats stop updating properly, payouts will stop, and then will credit everyone for the time missed when they come back online.

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 12:50:39 AM

Our thoughts exactly. With the entire 20 seconds of attention I gave to reading about that project, it appears someone could fold on the curecoin team with their Couterparty address, kindof a 'merged folding' system. Don't quote me on that working though.

haitch

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 03:58:08 AM

Nope, can't do merged mining - you need to change your team affiliation to their team.

H.

███        ███    ███
   ███      ███    ███
    ███    ███    ███
     ███  ███    ███
█████████████████████████
        ███    ███
       ███    ███
      ███    ███
IRELINE

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

Largest Fund worldwide for distributed application makers   
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

wireline.io  -  facebook.com/wirelineio  -  @wirelineio

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

ICO
  September 1
Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 04:04:21 AM

Nope, can't do merged mining - you need to change your team affiliation to their team.

H.

Ah, alright. So their system works much like Curecoin, currently. Disregard above mention of merged folding...

ChristianVirtual

Activity: 71

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:15:51 AM

As for the stat servers:

Ah true, not sure if you were in IRC when we discussed this. The plan for the future is, when stats stop updating properly, payouts will stop, and then will credit everyone for the time missed when they come back online.

Missed that. Great. That's how it should be and brings a higher level of fairness in the allocation. "Case closed"

Keep folding (I'm still switching teams, busy folding life  Roll Eyes
Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 06:19:59 AM

As for the stat servers:

Missed that. Great. That's how it should be and brings a higher level of fairness in the allocation. "Case closed"

Keep folding (I'm still switching teams, busy folding life  Roll Eyes

Cheers, folding anywhere still has the same scientific benefit, even if crypto isn't involved Smiley

ChasingTheDream

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:28:49 AM

I haven't had time to be very active on the forums lately but this is a rather interesting development.  Obviously someone thinks CureCoin is a pretty good idea if they are trying to clone it.   Grin
LasersHurt

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 12:58:43 PM

CureCoin: The Video

Check it out!
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:21:09 PM

Still no reason to buy cure coin..
Aboy68

Activity: 96

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:30:12 PM

CureCoin: The Video

Check it out!

That is a great movie that explains what Curecoin are, good job!
//Aboy68
Joe_Bauers

Activity: 802
Merit: 1003

GCVMMWH

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 05:17:13 PM

I'm going to throw some hash power at this. What plans do you have for the future of Cure?
Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 04:31:52 AM

I'm going to throw some hash power at this. What plans do you have for the future of Cure?

They are purely ideas that we are tweaking and researching, but some points of mention:
-Quantum-computing-resistant signing algorithm (thinking Lamport)
-Peer-to-peer layered-encrypted traffic
-Multisignature and round-signature addresses
-Wallet ease of use for merchants (rather than continually pining the client "Did I get a transaction on <address?>" you can tell the client "When you get a transaction larger than <amount> on address <address> do <something>"
-Certificate-based blockchain (universities or other entities providing meaningful distributed computing projects issue certificates to users for work done, which are valid for creating blocks on the curecoin network, and could be used to do distributed folding "pools")
-Wallet which enables the locking/unlocking of specific addresses or address pools
-Distributed blockchain storage (where clients, using a simple AI, pool together, each holding certain parts of the blockchain, and redundantly querrying other peers for blocks that they don't have stored)
-A wallet in 'server' mode which would allow any simple 'thin client' to store only private/public keys, and to query a full wallet for txhistory, and to submit transactions signed client-side to the network
-A contract system with built-in software checksums (Two users want to make a contract for a service. One builds a program that verifies the service has been completed. The other verifies this external program is valid. The checksum of the program is taken and written into the contract. Upon either party invoking a completion request, the program is executed on both machines. If the results agree, the contract is finished. If not, then the contract can be contested and a third-party can step in and run the program and verify the result. Programs would be built in a custom scripting language built into the network. This idea is very rough, and very likely to never see prime time. It's an interesting concept though!

Anyhow, nothing above is guaranteed, but we're doing our research, writing test code, testing attack vectors, etc.

Aboy68

Activity: 96

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 10:57:58 AM

They are purely ideas that we are tweaking and researching, but some points of mention:
-Wallet ease of use for merchants (rather than continually pining the client "Did I get a transaction on <address?>" you can tell the client "When you get a transaction larger than <amount> on address <address> do <something>"
-Certificate-based blockchain (universities or other entities providing meaningful distributed computing projects issue certificates to users for work done, which are valid for creating blocks on the curecoin network, and could be used to do distributed folding "pools")
-Wallet which enables the locking/unlocking of specific addresses or address pools
-Distributed blockchain storage (where clients, using a simple AI, pool together, each holding certain parts of the blockchain, and redundantly querrying other peers for blocks that they don't have stored)
-A wallet in 'server' mode which would allow any simple 'thin client' to store only private/public keys, and to query a full wallet for txhistory, and to submit transactions signed client-side to the network
-A contract system with built-in software checksums (Two users want to make a contract for a service. One builds a program that verifies the service has been completed. The other verifies this external program is valid. The checksum of the program is taken and written into the contract. Upon either party invoking a completion request, the program is executed on both machines. If the results agree, the contract is finished. If not, then the contract can be contested and a third-party can step in and run the program and verify the result. Programs would be built in a custom scripting language built into the network. This idea is very rough, and very likely to never see prime time. It's an interesting concept though!

Anyhow, nothing above is guaranteed, but we're doing our research, writing test code, testing attack vectors, etc.

This sounds great even if I can't understand half of it.
The question is what are we doing in short time to make people buy the coin?!
Have we identified the actions/features needed to be a "buy" coin?
Or are we happy with this low attention from the community?

//Aboy68
LasersHurt

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 12:40:49 PM

After the first day of the Conference, here's a bit of a recap: link

Less easily communicated in a coherent update is just how busy the team was making connections and talking to people about CureCoin generally. Today should be as busy as yesterday, so here's hoping the team has another big day!
Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 11:49:49 PM

As an update to the forums, the Curecoin conference went amazingly well. You can check out a detailed post about the conference at http://www.curecoinfolding.com. One issue brought up was Bitlicenses, which I go into a mini discussion there. If you have anything you want to add to the conversation, hop onto #curecoin on freenode! We will be creating and submitting comments on the currently proposed system.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:52:55 AM

//Aboy68

short answer = 0

Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 02:30:07 AM

//Aboy68

short answer = 0

We attended the BTC:Chicago conference, talked to a ton of amazing people from all reaches of the world, and are moving forward on public development of the next version of curecoin, with a semi-decentralized computational research payout system based on certificates.

Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 ... 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: