Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:31:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 ... 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018  (Read 696180 times)
Clazert

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:42:51 PM

Curecoin's developments have been an inspiration to bring charity and altruism back into the sometimes greedy land of coins.

My team and I have incorporated a new mining system that allows users to earn money, improve the coin's economy, and give back to charities (like the water project)

I hope that coins like Curecoin and our recent creation, Axiocoin continue to grow and succeed.

Keep up the good work! Smiley

This coins have no point, the idea is good, but the trust thing of the plan is not good. Build a new protocol, not a btc clone, and maybe u ends with something valuable, if not a new protocol, much tweaking at least

At first glance it looks like a clone but you need to read more to see that it's not a btc clone. It uses a blockchain like btc does but mostly everything else is different.

What is different? It is a bitcoin clone but half mined by the devs in order to distribute between folders right? With this kind of scheme folders are totally unnecesary for coin security. I can make another bitcoin clone and promise to distribute it beween another distributed computing project, is simply that. The intention is good and the dev seems a good guy, but they need to mature this idea a lot.
If I am wrong, make me know which are the differents with bitcoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tweek

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

CoinTweak profitability charts

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 08:58:58 PM

What is going that the price still dropping?
It's quite simple really.  The majority of people aren't interested in helping anyone in this world and the only people having any real interest in this coin are the miners who seem only too happy to dump at pointless prices.
Plus the only real exchange it is on(poloniex) is being heavily manipulated by a bot which no one wants to trade against.

I dunno about that.  I think if it even made enough to break even you'd have lots of people folding.  I also think you could get a lot of progressives to use or at least promote curecoin when they might be hesitant about bitcoin due to the vast number of right wingers in the BTC community.  

I think the biggest problem here, even moreso than the technical limitations of the coin implementation (the premine and IPO instead of split rewards ala devcoin, lack of merge mining) is the complete lack of marketting.  This coin could absolutely be written about in major print magazines if the marketing and community outreach was even halfway decent.
But you do break even/make a small profit from folding: https://cointweak.com/calculator/coin/cure/FAH

Either that calculator is way off, or 90% of folders have quit since I last folded.  I had 600k PPD and was getting about 20 coins per day, and using about 1500W.  Folding runs cool, but it still uses about 80% of electricity that scrypt mining does.
Yes, the daily folding points have gone down a lot unfortunately. http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?t=224497 <-- is where I get my stats for that calculator.

My research has told me that folding is at least a 50% cut in power usage compared to scrypt, with some people even reporting only 30% of scrypt. If you can show me otherwise I am glad to correct that part of the calculator. Smiley

r3animation

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:27:41 PM

Curecoin's developments have been an inspiration to bring charity and altruism back into the sometimes greedy land of coins.

My team and I have incorporated a new mining system that allows users to earn money, improve the coin's economy, and give back to charities (like the water project)

I hope that coins like Curecoin and our recent creation, Axiocoin continue to grow and succeed.

Keep up the good work! Smiley

This coins have no point, the idea is good, but the trust thing of the plan is not good. Build a new protocol, not a btc clone, and maybe u ends with something valuable, if not a new protocol, much tweaking at least

At first glance it looks like a clone but you need to read more to see that it's not a btc clone. It uses a blockchain like btc does but mostly everything else is different.

What is different? It is a bitcoin clone but half mined by the devs in order to distribute between folders right? With this kind of scheme folders are totally unnecesary for coin security. I can make another bitcoin clone and promise to distribute it beween another distributed computing project, is simply that. The intention is good and the dev seems a good guy, but they need to mature this idea a lot.
If I am wrong, make me know which are the differents with bitcoin

I thought you meant literally how Bitcoin works. (eg. mining) The folders are not needed for coin security. The miners are the ones needed for that.

How would you have designed the system?
LasersHurt

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:33:48 PM

the development team are not active enough really, the premine for ipo and dev fund was too large. It has crushed the price. Things will recover as the ipo dumpers eventually run out of coins, but with the current BTC coming in per day it will take a long time. This team didn't really get this off to a good start.

What makes you think it was IPO dumpers and not early folders dumping? The market volume is extremely low; it doesn't require IPO holders dumping to keep the price low.

IPO addresses were published; you could try to research it if you think that's true.

The Dev Funds are largely untouched at the moment, so you're off base there.
viperbite

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 02:38:48 PM

The price has dropped so far because of overall mining profitability.

Lots of miners switched over to curecoin because it was 10x more profitable than mining.

I will be honest, I have folded for a while. I folded since the first week did the math and it was significantly profitable for me to sell at the time so I sold the coins I folded early on.

That being said, I hold over 5000 curecoins and will continue to fold and hold the coin.

But to be honest, It is just about the same profitability as other mining right now.

Y'all can speculate all you want but the truth is that people are mining, folding, trading for their profit. 
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 12:29:37 AM

the development team are not active enough really, the premine for ipo and dev fund was too large. It has crushed the price. Things will recover as the ipo dumpers eventually run out of coins, but with the current BTC coming in per day it will take a long time. This team didn't really get this off to a good start.

What makes you think it was IPO dumpers and not early folders dumping? The market volume is extremely low; it doesn't require IPO holders dumping to keep the price low.

IPO addresses were published; you could try to research it if you think that's true.

The Dev Funds are largely untouched at the moment, so you're off base there.

Off base where ? never said the dev funds were being sold. IPO holders or early miners? even if they are not the same people doesn't really matter. Too many cure coins floating around for the amount of buyers. Need some reason for people to want cure coins. IPO wasn't really required and too many coins given out.

The future gets brighter as time goes on for this coin. I bough at stupidly high levels. I will hold until i make profit anyway. Could do with a decent marketing team behind it and some mainstream advertising outside of the usual crypto channels.

viperbite

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 04:37:07 AM

I think curecoin needs a feature similar to veribit

Veribit allows vericoins to be used at anywhere bitcoins are accepted.

Curecoin NEEDS this !
cryptoconomist

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 05:24:43 PM

I think curecoin needs a feature similar to veribit

Veribit allows vericoins to be used at anywhere bitcoins are accepted.

Curecoin NEEDS this !

also add trezor please ASAP

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=122438.0
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 05:38:22 PM

Bit of a progress update, we have finalized most of our materials for the Bitcoin:Chicago conference, here's a sample of the poster:

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
Aboy68

Activity: 96

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 07:19:00 PM

Bit of a progress update, we have finalized most of our materials for the Bitcoin:Chicago conference, here's a sample of the poster:

I like it!
//Aboy68

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 09:28:34 PM

This is awesome! Are you all going to be getting video of the conference to share as well? I won't be able to go, but I'd love to see how it all works out.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 10:38:32 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2014, 11:00:58 PM by Vorksholk

Snipped Image: http://curecoinfolding.com/forumpreview2.png

This is awesome! Are you all going to be getting video of the conference to share as well? I won't be able to go, but I'd love to see how it all works out.

We'll certainly be putting up some content from the conference, video footage from those usually doesn't turn out too great, but we'll see Smiley

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
ATXsilver

Activity: 172

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 05:33:47 PM

I am sorry guys. I will be dumping my 100,000 plus curecoins today on the open market. Please put your buy orders out there. I have had enough of watching these incompetent fools who pass as devs watch idly as the price just slowly dies toward 0. I will put it at 0 where it belongs since no one else seems to give a $hit. Sad that such a great idea will become a worthless afterthought in crypto world and will never be a major force. They should have partnered with a charity or had someone with half a brain get a PR on a major news line. I guess this is what happens when programmers try to create a coin with a sizeable IPO (Red flag - they obviously have been dumping big time, did the devs not try to get people who cared about the long term goals of this coin? They just sold to whoever had shiny money in their hands and let them dump whenever they want?)

All the free coins going to the devs personal piggy bank and they refuse to sell any of them on this terrible slide down to put in bids to help buoy the price at a reasonable level?

They will not do any measures to stabilize this price and create some investor confidence? Just attending some conference in the future is not good enough, they need concrete measures to stabilize this coin.

Donate a bunch of the coins you get free everyday to a marketing firm, how about that? Or hire someone who is huge on twitter like @Bryce_Weiner to help with the coin and get a solid following.

I loved the idea, but I am not a stupid person, and I know I can buy 10x as many coins next month when the price is 100 satoshi. So you will be seeing my sell orders crashing the price today and tomorrow if I can't get out of all my coins.

I have had enough. This $hit pisses me off and unfortunately I think this may just be another clever way to enrich a few at the expense of the many. After all, the path to HELL is paved with good intentions.

SHAME ON YOU DEVS - SHAMEFUL!

Use your personal fortunes you've made off this coin to do something to support the FU$)*NG PRICE!

Look out below!

Cryptsy Trade Key: fa9ad1332f179b704068b9a8a3cac5e08951b516

Sign up to trade on 100+ Alt Cryptos on Cryptsy Here: https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=100996

(I will send you a EAC Bonus for signing up under my link above - PM me your Cryptsy trade key once registered)

EAC: eVbBNty7AGwA26ZQpkyVjkoM5XoMiQCoLY

Contact ATXSilver@Gmail.com
LasersHurt

Activity: 75

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 07:08:58 PM

I am not a stupid person

You claim to have 100,000 coins, and are unable or unwilling to use the publicly available information to verify your claims that the devs are somehow rolling in daily fortunes. You suggest that they SELL their coins in order to somehow bring up the price. You're looking at a CryptoCurrency that's a month old complaining that you're not rich enough yet, and threatening to "destroy it" to get your way.

I am not a doctor, but if it walks like a stupid duck and talks like a stupid duck...

Of course, I could be wrong. If I am, you can post your Address so people can use the Block Explorer to verify your fortunes.

Surely if I am wrong, you have no problem with backing up your post, right?
ATXsilver

Activity: 172

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 08:53:48 PM

I guess you don't understand the idea of creating a 'stabilization fund'. Go read up on Nautilus coin and Brian Kelly and how he supports Nautilus coin by selling some coins to raise BTC and place orders to 'protect' the price from just being raped by miners and to keep the price from being overly volatile, which always shakes out long-term investors, and attracts speculators, miners, and others who don't give a damn about anything but profit.

And YES. You can SUPPORT THE PRICE BY SELLING SHARES!!!!!!!!!

You see, with all those coins the devs have, and they get more by skimming off the top everyday, they could have been selling on a shedule, or when the price goes up 25% in 1 day, or some other parameters, and they use that BTC they raise to put in the stabilization fund. Then when a big dumper comes in, they can place bids below the market to offer some support and protection from the price getting slaughtered and scaring out all the long-term investors who don't care to watch all their BTC disappear for some pie in the sky idea that is half-ass executed.

You see, a lot of what success in Alt Coins is about is 'PERCEPTION'. When you allow miners, rapers, and speculators to drive a price down into the dirt, you destroy the 'belief' that this coin can pass the test of time, AND THE AVERAGE INVESTOR IN CRYPTO-CURRENCY WILL NOT BUY AND HOLD YOUR COIN!

This creates the vicious cycle we have seen play out with almost every Alt. Coin to date. The stabilization fund is a brilliant way to cut down on 'volatility' and help stop the cycle of never ending selling that will happen if there is not a belief in higher prices in the future.

I understand curing cancer is great, but you have to also understand that a HIGHER SATOSHI price will lead to more folding and lead to curing cancer faster. Letting this coin go down to 5 satoshi will not HELP IN THAT GOAL!!!!!

THINK ABOUT IT. Every 1,000 Curecoins the devs could have sold above 100,000 satoshi could be used now to buy 10X as many coins on the bid, and support the price. They could have done the same thing the whole way down. This would enable them to create some stability and stop the panic selling that is inevitable when you allow the price to tumble without any clear way to stop it.

SO yeah, call me STUPID. Why the hell do you want me to prove how many coins I own? How is that relevant to helping this coin succeed? You will get a good idea of how many coins I have by looking at the volume at the end of the day today and seeing where the price ends up.

I am not trying to 'destroy' this coin. I truly liked the idea and believed in it, but the lack of action from the developers and support structure to outside ideas is pathetic. They sit in their ivory tower, getting more coins into their private 'funds', so I guess they don't give a $hit if the price goes down right? That just hurts the 'small guy' or the average investor' The almighty geniuses who created this coin can just sit back on their a$$es now and high-five eachother about how smart they are curing cancer.

Too bad that is a sure path to destruction, not me selling my coins on the open market. I am just calling a spade a spade. I know that the truth hurts sometimes, and therefore you attack my intelligence ad hominem because you CANNOT attack my argument about WHY they would not create a stabilization fund with all those coins that are sitting in their coffers for some 'future wonderful idea'.

Guess what, that future Idea won't buy you a cheeseburger if you sell those coins when this goes to 5 satoshi. So lets use that BTC that could be raised now to start SUPPORTING THIS COIN proactively. I feel the devs hearts are in the right place, but they obviously don't understand how to market or the economics of Price/ Supply / Demand in regards to Alt. Coins.

Hell, sell all their stash now and bribe a major publication to publish an article about what that coin does. That would be worth 5x whatever they will be trying to do at the conference. Are the 'astute investors' paying for the devs plane tickets, hotels & fancy steak dinners also? This is very reminiscent of some wall street companies I knew who have fleeced investors over and over again all for their own good.

Like the old saying goes, I take 'your money' and 'my experience', and turn it into 'my money' and 'your experience'.

Cryptsy Trade Key: fa9ad1332f179b704068b9a8a3cac5e08951b516

Sign up to trade on 100+ Alt Cryptos on Cryptsy Here: https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=100996

(I will send you a EAC Bonus for signing up under my link above - PM me your Cryptsy trade key once registered)

EAC: eVbBNty7AGwA26ZQpkyVjkoM5XoMiQCoLY

Contact ATXSilver@Gmail.com
FifthGhostbuster

Activity: 153

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 02:50:13 AM

Actually I paid for my tickets and hotel all by my self thank you.
Please sell your coin I would love to buy it.
Thanks in advance.
FGB

Go CureCoin!
FifthGhostbuster

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 04:52:04 AM

Quick Dev Update:

We had a G+ Chat for a few hours to hammer down the conference details. We are planning on having two standing banners, and a table runner. FifthGB made an awesome Android informational app you can download here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.conduit.app_f160cb96dde1445793dc95ed77265ae3.app and I'll be working with him to get it onto the iOS store as well. Bitcoin conference reservation is set in stone, and the Curecoin booth will be open for business. Smiley

In other news, I'm putting the finishing touches on a simple visually-oriented document outlining how a certificate-based blockchain will work, though keep in mind the development and integration of such a system is quite a ways in the future, and involves multiple participating universities. For clarification, if such a system is implemented, all curecoins *will* transfer over to the new system. We're not going to start fresh or anything silly like that.

So excited for the conference should bring alot of press and attention to this project!

Go CureCoin!
Aboy68

Activity: 96

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 05:22:35 AM

Quick Dev Update:

We had a G+ Chat for a few hours to hammer down the conference details. We are planning on having two standing banners, and a table runner. FifthGB made an awesome Android informational app you can download here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.conduit.app_f160cb96dde1445793dc95ed77265ae3.app and I'll be working with him to get it onto the iOS store as well. Bitcoin conference reservation is set in stone, and the Curecoin booth will be open for business. Smiley

In other news, I'm putting the finishing touches on a simple visually-oriented document outlining how a certificate-based blockchain will work, though keep in mind the development and integration of such a system is quite a ways in the future, and involves multiple participating universities. For clarification, if such a system is implemented, all curecoins *will* transfer over to the new system. We're not going to start fresh or anything silly like that.

So excited for the conference should bring alot of press and attention to this project!

You are doing a great work, keep on believe in cures!
//Aboy68
FifthGhostbuster

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:11:56 PM

Thank you! I personally will never give up until we find the cure.

Go CureCoin!
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 04:10:29 PM

Thank you! I personally will never give up until we find the cure.

Compute this. Wink

Top Secret Water --> http://youtu.be/mJhogR7YLps

Structured Water, The Future of Medicine part 1 --> http://youtu.be/taBWLJ9mrZQ

Wilhelm Reich - Man's Right to Know --> http://youtu.be/gNYmBDvSwOw

The Rick Simpson Story - Run From the Cure --> http://youtu.be/0psJhQHk_GI

Simply Raw --> http://youtu.be/2pjkC71exKU

Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 ... 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: