Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:52:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018  (Read 696180 times)
cameronpalte

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 04:25:19 PM

70 BTC buy wall @ 0.00093 on poloniex!

Impressive around $40,000 buy wall.

Bitcoin Facuet List - Free http://bitcoinsfaucetslist.blogspot.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChasingTheDream

Activity: 292

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 04:28:04 PM

70 BTC buy wall @ 0.00093 on poloniex!

Impressive around $40,000 buy wall.

Incredible.  My experience with Crypto exchanges has not be pleasant.  I lost money when an exchange pulled the plug and took my money along with a lot of others with it.  I couldn't do what that person is doing.
kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 04:30:03 PM

Coi nwith real use yet price so bad. I dont understand it.

ChasingTheDream

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 04:40:32 PM

Coi nwith real use yet price so bad. I dont understand it.

The coin is barely two weeks old.  I can not imagine how this idea isn't the future of crypto.  Why not merge crypto processing power with scientific research?  If that isn't a win win nothing is.
cameronpalte

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 04:43:32 PM

We should post an article about Curecoin on reddit bitcoin and then have everyone update it - an article on the hot page could be some good traffic.

LasersHurt

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:11:21 PM

We should post an article about Curecoin on reddit bitcoin and then have everyone update it - an article on the hot page could be some good traffic.

Right now we have a huge opportunity in this thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/26lwm3/harvardmit_cancer_researchers_here_might_rbitcoin/

ozzy1926

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:26:28 PM

i learned that overclocking cpu doesnt help alot. How about  overclocking gpu ?
ChasingTheDream

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:30:17 PM

i learned that overclocking cpu doesnt help alot. How about  overclocking gpu ?

From an AMD standpoint overclocking the GPU will most likely lead to "hung WU" which means that most likely your video cards drivers crashed.  I'm actually underclocking my R9 290X TRIX cards just to keep them stable and that is an ongoing experiment.

Overclocking will most likely result in a reduced PPD due to instability if you are using AMD GPU's.  I can not say if it is the same for Nvidia.
ozzy1926

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:36:01 PM

From an AMD standpoint overclocking the GPU will most likely lead to "hung WU" which means that most likely your video cards drivers crashed.  I'm actually underclocking my R9 290X TRIX cards just to keep them stable and that is an ongoing experiment.

Overclocking will most likely result in a reduced PPD due to instability if you are using AMD GPU's.  I can not say if it is the same for Nvidia.
i am running the FahControl more than 6 hours with 1x 4770k (turbo enabled)and 3x 290 (1040-1300).And ppd saying around 460k-476k.Do you think lowering them to stock speed will give more ppd?
cameronpalte

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:40:47 PM

Remember to post here: https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/4000277225/page/last#post-4000309401

cameronpalte

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:41:25 PM

i am running the FahControl more than 6 hours with 1x 4770k (turbo enabled)and 3x 290 (1040-1300).And ppd saying around 460k-476k.Do you think lowering them to stock speed will give more ppd?

No leave it as is your PPD won't vary much where it is is good.

ChasingTheDream

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:56:57 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2014, 06:36:34 PM by ChasingTheDream

I also use the FAH Control client.  I have not been able to keep any of the R9 290X TRIX cards running at 1040-1300.  I'm currently at 947-1000 on most rigs.  One computer is at 937-1000.  Another is at 917-1000 and still shaky.  Every time I see a hung WU I reduce the core clock speed by 10 and reboot.  If I get to 900 on core clock speed and I'm still getting hung WU's then I reduce the memory speed by 50 and start again.  It is an iterative process but I did drop from 1250 memory speed straight down to 1000 initially after I ran into issues even after reducing the core clock speeds and then I started the process over again.  If you are wondering where I got the 947 from it is an arbitrary number that another user posted so I restarted there.

Watch your logs for each GPU.  If the logs shows a WU is 25% complete but the client shows a higher number such as 30% then that WU is hung and will not finish without intervention.  If you let it go long enough it will eventually show as 99.99% complete in the client and just sit there.  That is the indication that something happened and then you need to start bringing down your clock speeds to find what is stable.  You do not need to wait for the client to show 99.99% before you act.  In fact, if you do you will lose hours because work isn't really being done.

If you have not run into this issue and have been running for some time (days) your cards may be able to handle it.  That has not been the case with any of my 15 R9 290X TRIX cards though so I would say the odds are against you.

Some tips:  If I do in fact see a mismatch I reboot the machine without pausing folding in order to reset the WU.  It may take a little while in order for the client to show movement again but the log should show it fairly quickly.  Some have reported that you can pause folding and then start again but I always reboot because I have found the driver crashes often times make the system unstable.  I prefer to start over.

To reiterate:  Watch the logs.  The client is not a reliable source of information.  Frequently check the percent done in the log and compare it to what the client says.  Don't trust the client display.  That goes for PPD estimates as well.  They are also very unreliable in the client.

If you do run into hung WU's it would probably save you a lot of time and effort to start where I'm at and if you run stable start adding 10 to your clock speeds if you want.  I can say the overall PPD have not changed much even after all the downclocking.  The biggest killer of PPD is hung WU.  You want to avoid those at all costs.
FifthGhostbuster

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:59:00 PM

Phase 1
Today I start fundraising to get the promotion of CureCoin off the ground. If you would like to see the marketing for this coin go viral; I would suggest donating as 100% of the proceeds go towards marketing campaigns. First step is to try and get us on the sponsor list for the BTC conference 2014 in Chicago. Here is a list of the donor hierarchy.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/225648825/NABC-Chicago-Sponsorship-Info-19-5-2014
I will not be taking any profit or cut from this as 100% of donations will directly go towards this.
WHY? Great question. We have in our midst a coin actually worth something; a real modern miracle. As the Dev. Team grows stronger the coin will grow by itself. However nothing like adding fuel to the fire. Since at this conference there will not only be Forbes, Wall Street Journal, a lot of press and large investors, but a vast majority of other crypto enthusiasts. Of course following their interest is further support and volume into the coin.  Assuming we have at least a booth set up minimum. We already have top designers and digital artists at our disposal for press and promotions. The real goal is to reach the premier donor list, which comes with the added benefit of having CureCoin logo splashed across the conference on every piece of written literature and banners from napkins to ID badges.

Goals: To get a booth set up we will need $2000 or roughly 4 BTC just for the booth. To hit premier sponsor we will need $25,000 or roughly 50 BTC.
Why don’t I just buy coin to maximize my investment? Another great question, if you’re already holding CureCoin, the amount you would buy will not change current prices. However if we are able to make the premier spot, very big players will become more interested as we were able to raise this amount through the coins support alone. More volume in the coin, more transactions per day, more folds per day and work units are completed.  THE CLOSER WE GET TO THE CURE.
BTC address, 1NyS35o4FSt5YNNgbfbLjCiMZZ3HssxCsB

Phase 2
   Any leftover donations will be used towards future marketing which is already lined up and with aid, in development. We already have approval from three different “Race for the Cure” events as sponsors and hosts. These 5k – half marathon races are great for raising awareness and general knowledge of CureCoin.  This plans to be a multi-national campaign as we now have connections in New Zealand and Australia. If you know of any other great ideas or input feel free to contact me as I am always excited to make new connections.
Just to prove that I have permission to do this and I am not here to scam anyone. I will remain completely open with my identity.
Jakewiser22@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/jake.wiser.5
1-801-598-8949
Feel free to contact me anytime I’ll get back to you ASAP.
Also if you will be donating 0.5 BTC or more please contact me first as you will be receiving a custom CureCoin t-shirt with any name you choose to be printed on it as well as special thanks and promotional swag. Open discussion for a CureCoin transaction depending on your support .

I've watched the previous crypto conferences pass by and a lot of coins getting donations and/or using premine to have a representative there. Most of those coins were just completely skipped and barely got any attention at all, let alone that their popularity increased. What makes you think it will be different for curecoin/this conference? Do you think an expensive conference booth will be more useful than using a donation fund to get listed on a site like Coinpayments or another payment platform to get more uses for the coin?
(not trying to bash your idea, I am just being critical before sending my money to a stranger)

P.S. maybe you can also add a CureCoin donation address Smiley

CureCoin address =p

BMyE2yTNVFtbUu6hwVVCn9BsGkeBF6F5UB

.01 btc received more to follow! lets keep this rolling btc conference here we come!

Go CureCoin!
cameronpalte

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 06:01:12 PM

Phase 1
Today I start fundraising to get the promotion of CureCoin off the ground. If you would like to see the marketing for this coin go viral; I would suggest donating as 100% of the proceeds go towards marketing campaigns. First step is to try and get us on the sponsor list for the BTC conference 2014 in Chicago. Here is a list of the donor hierarchy.
I will not be taking any profit or cut from this as 100% of donations will directly go towards this.
WHY? Great question. We have in our midst a coin actually worth something; a real modern miracle. As the Dev. Team grows stronger the coin will grow by itself. However nothing like adding fuel to the fire. Since at this conference there will not only be Forbes, Wall Street Journal, a lot of press and large investors, but a vast majority of other crypto enthusiasts. Of course following their interest is further support and volume into the coin.  Assuming we have at least a booth set up minimum. We already have top designers and digital artists at our disposal for press and promotions. The real goal is to reach the premier donor list, which comes with the added benefit of having CureCoin logo splashed across the conference on every piece of written literature and banners from napkins to ID badges.

Goals: To get a booth set up we will need $2000 or roughly 4 BTC just for the booth. To hit premier sponsor we will need $25,000 or roughly 50 BTC.
Why don’t I just buy coin to maximize my investment? Another great question, if you’re already holding CureCoin, the amount you would buy will not change current prices. However if we are able to make the premier spot, very big players will become more interested as we were able to raise this amount through the coins support alone. More volume in the coin, more transactions per day, more folds per day and work units are completed.  THE CLOSER WE GET TO THE CURE.

Phase 2
   Any leftover donations will be used towards future marketing which is already lined up and with aid, in development. We already have approval from three different “Race for the Cure” events as sponsors and hosts. These 5k – half marathon races are great for raising awareness and general knowledge of CureCoin.  This plans to be a multi-national campaign as we now have connections in New Zealand and Australia. If you know of any other great ideas or input feel free to contact me as I am always excited to make new connections.
Just to prove that I have permission to do this and I am not here to scam anyone. I will remain completely open with my identity.
Jakewiser22@gmail.com
1-801-598-8949
Also if you will be donating 0.5 BTC or more please contact me first as you will be receiving a custom CureCoin t-shirt with any name you choose to be printed on it as well as special thanks and promotional swag. Open discussion for a CureCoin transaction depending on your support .

I've watched the previous crypto conferences pass by and a lot of coins getting donations and/or using premine to have a representative there. Most of those coins were just completely skipped and barely got any attention at all, let alone that their popularity increased. What makes you think it will be different for curecoin/this conference? Do you think an expensive conference booth will be more useful than using a donation fund to get listed on a site like Coinpayments or another payment platform to get more uses for the coin?
(not trying to bash your idea, I am just being critical before sending my money to a stranger)

CureCoin address =p

I would recommend going for the 4 BTC slot.

FifthGhostbuster

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 06:30:37 PM

Phase 1

Phase 2
Jakewiser22@gmail.com
1-801-598-8949

CureCoin address =p

I'm thinking of trying to hit every BTC conference around the world Since I get free tickets ha. I have some really good connections with SKY CITY in NZ they will be very excited to hear from me when I invite some of the "Head Honchos" if you will. . to the convention.

Also going to have a couple tvs with promo videos going and still trying to get a a table during the dinner and have the dev team get announced during it? Just a thought this is an open discussion about what can happen since it is OUR decision. Once WE create it I promise I can get everything going.

Anyways, striving for the CURE FifthGhostbuster

Go CureCoin!
TaffThomas

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 06:40:11 PM

Phase 1

Phase 2
Jakewiser22@gmail.com
1-801-598-8949

CureCoin address =p

I'm thinking of trying to hit every BTC conference around the world Since I get free tickets ha. I have some really good connections with SKY CITY in NZ they will be very excited to hear from me when I invite some of the "Head Honchos" if you will. . to the convention.

Also going to have a couple tvs with promo videos going and still trying to get a a table during the dinner and have the dev team get announced during it? Just a thought this is an open discussion about what can happen since it is OUR decision. Once WE create it I promise I can get everything going.

Anyways, striving for the CURE FifthGhostbuster

0.1 BTC Sent from 1HkSGRfo738oEqkt6pjnqzSgFfqpLnc68C ..   Good Luck!!
ozzy1926

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:04:11 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2014, 07:40:11 PM by ozzy1926

I also use the FAH Control client.  I have not been able to keep any of the R9 290X TRIX cards running at 1040-1300.  I'm currently at 947-1000 on most rigs.  One computer is at 937-1000.  Another is at 917-1000 and still shaky.  Every time I see a hung WU I reduce the core clock speed by 10 and reboot.  If I get to 900 on core clock speed and I'm still getting hung WU's then I reduce the memory speed by 50 and start again.  It is an iterative process but I did drop from 1250 memory speed straight down to 1000 initially after I ran into issues even after reducing the core clock speeds and then I started the process over again.  If you are wondering where I got the 947 from it is an arbitrary number that another user posted so I restarted there.

Watch your logs for each GPU.  If the logs shows a WU is 25% complete but the client shows a higher number such as 30% then that WU is hung and will not finish without intervention.  If you let it go long enough it will eventually show as 99.99% complete in the client and just sit there.  That is the indication that something happened and then you need to start bringing down your clock speeds to find what is stable.  You do not need to wait for the client to show 99.99% before you act.  In fact, if you do you will lose hours because work isn't really being done.

If you have not run into this issue and have been running for some time (days) your cards may be able to handle it.  That has not been the case with any of my 15 R9 290X TRIX cards though so I would say the odds are against you.

Some tips:  If I do in fact see a mismatch I reboot the machine without pausing folding in order to reset the WU.  It may take a little while in order for the client to show movement again but the log should show it fairly quickly.  Some have reported that you can pause folding and then start again but I always reboot because I have found the driver crashes often times make the system unstable.  I prefer to start over.

To reiterate:  Watch the logs.  The client is not a reliable source of information.  Frequently check the percent done in the log and compare it to what the client says.  Don't trust the client display.  That goes for PPD estimates as well.  They are also very unreliable in the client.

If you do run into hung WU's it would probably save you a lot of time and effort to start where I'm at and if you run stable start adding 10 to your clock speeds if you want.  I can say the overall PPD have not changed much even after all the downclocking.  The biggest killer of PPD is hung WU.  You want to avoid those at all costs.
thanks for the information , can you show me an example of hung wu?

like this?
Code:
19:25:09:18:127.0.0.1:New Web connection
19:27:45:WU03:FS03:0x17:Completed 2875000 out of 5000000 steps (57%)
19:27:45:WU03:FS03:0x17:Temperature control disabled. Requirements: single Nvidia GPU, tmax must be < 110 and twait >= 900
19:27:59:WU00:FS00:0xa3:Completed 180000 out of 500000 steps  (36%)
19:28:00:WU01:FS01:0x17:Completed 2875000 out of 5000000 steps (57%)
19:28:00:WU01:FS01:0x17:Temperature control disabled. Requirements: single Nvidia GPU, tmax must be < 110 and twait >= 900
19:28:40:WU02:FS02:0x17:Completed 2875000 out of 5000000 steps (57%)
19:28:40:WU02:FS02:0x17:Temperature control disabled. Requirements: single Nvidia GPU, tmax must be < 110 and twait >= 900
ok?

Tweek

Activity: 308

CoinTweak profitability charts

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 07:11:28 PM

I have tried setting up a Reddit tipbot, but there is a glitch in the RPC function 'getbalance <account>' that prevents it from properly displaying your account balance. I sent 0.1 cure over and it displayed somewhere around 11mil cure on my account. Sad

CureCoin address =p

Great, but can you also answer my questions?

matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:32:06 PM

Subscribe http://www.reddit.com/r/curecoin !  We need 200 subscribers to be listed in the sidebar of r/cryptocurrency which will help bring new folders and investors.

ChasingTheDream

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:58:04 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2014, 08:17:59 PM by ChasingTheDream

thanks for the information , can you show me an example of hung wu?

Not at the moment but it really isn't hard to identify.  In the client you have three tabs.  Status, System Info, and Log.  You can ignore the System Info tab for this.

The status tab is the GUI that shows you graphically how far along your WU's have progressed for each hardware slot.  It is also very unreliable.  The WU graph is shown in the Work Queue part of the status tab.  If you aren't sure which WU belongs to which hardware slot just click on the hardware slot in question and the associated work queue will be highlighted as well.  The percentage shown in the work queue is what you need to compare to what is shown in the log.

The percent on the status tab will always increment but it is not necessary in sync with the log and the log shows the real answers.

When you click on the log tab you have filters at the top.  I always filter the log on "Slot".  So for instance let's just say I filter on slot 1 and the log shows my percent complete is 30%, but when I go back to the status tab slot 1 shows 50% complete.  They are out of sync which means the work unit is hung (ie, video driver crash most likely).  The status tab may say that work unit has 4 hours left to run and it will continue to progress graphically, but when you check the log it will stay at 30%.  When you ultimately take action via a reboot it will start over at 30% again so the time before you notice it is simply lost.

The Log only shows full percentage increments.  So if the log shows the work completed is 2% lower than what the status tab shows for the same WU then the WU is hung and you need to take action to get it moving again.

If you can't take action at the time what will end up happening is that the WU on the status tab will slowly progress up to 99.9% complete but it will never finish because it actually never moved beyond 30% based on this example.  Again the percentage that counts is what is in the log for that WU.

So you would need to downclock your cards a bit and then reboot.  Once you do, the status will either immediately show the reset back to 30% or it could take a bit.  However, if you check the log you will see the client finds its previous checkpoint and then starts advancing again from 30%.  It may take some time for the status page to reflect what the log is showing though which is why I always say check the logs.  They are what counts.

Hope this helps.
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: