Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:12:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018  (Read 696199 times)
cygnusxi (OP)

Activity: 397
Merit: 251

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 06:53:29 AM

The first beta of SigmaX TESTNET is available: http://1.curecoinmirror.com/sigmax/SigmaXTestnetBeta1.zip

As usual, this isn't mining for profit. These testnet coins are worthless.

Expect stuff to be broken. Currently, the miner dies after it gets one block, I'm way too tired to troubleshoot multithreaded applications, so that's on the docker for the next few days.
Try to break stuff, let me know when it does.

The download contains the daemon, command-line client, and the miner. On Windows, you can just double-click. On linux/mac, open a terminal, cd to the containing directory, and use "java -jar xxx.jar" where xxx.jar is the jarfile you want to run.

If you want to compile the source yourself, the source for all of the jar files are in a folder titled "Source."

Thanks for testing!!

Many thanks to Vorksholk for making the time to release this tonight! I just downloaded the link and fired it up, I was actually able to mine a few blocks without a crash. Give it a try and see what you think. As he had mentioned expect some bugs in the miner for this initial release ( just restart it if it crashes ). To find your address, just go into the folder that will be created in the same directory as the java files, the directory name in there will be your SigmaXcoin address. Post your addresses so we can send some transactions  Smiley

Congratulations to Vorksholk for pushing out new code! 

After downloading and unzipping, I tried to run the client by double-clicking SigmaXTestnetClientv1.0.0b1.jar on my Windows 10 computer within Windows Explorer (Exploder!) , but the cursor just whirs for a moment, then nothing happens.  Am I missing something?

Have you updated Java lately? http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre8-downloads-2133155.html

Fold Proteins, earn cryptos! CureCoin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757 MergeFold with FoldingCoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781352.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cygnusxi (OP)

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 06:57:37 AM

The first beta of SigmaX TESTNET is available: http://1.curecoinmirror.com/sigmax/SigmaXTestnetBeta1.zip

Expect stuff to be broken. Currently, the miner dies after it gets one block, I'm way too tired to troubleshoot multithreaded applications, so that's on the docker for the next few days.

The download contains the daemon, command-line client, and the miner. On Windows, you can just double-click. On linux/mac, open a terminal, cd to the containing directory, and use "java -jar xxx.jar" where xxx.jar is the jarfile you want to run.

If you want to compile the source yourself, the source for all of the jar files are in a folder titled "Source."

Thanks for testing!!

Many thanks to Vorksholk for making the time to release this tonight! I just downloaded the link and fired it up, I was actually able to mine a few blocks without a crash. Give it a try and see what you think. As he had mentioned expect some bugs in the miner for this initial release ( just restart it if it crashes ). To find your address, just go into the folder that will be created in the same directory as the java files, the directory name in there will be your SigmaXcoin address. Post your addresses so we can send some transactions  Smiley

After downloading and unzipping, I tried to run the client by double-clicking SigmaXTestnetClientv1.0.0b1.jar on my Windows 10 computer within Windows Explorer (Exploder!) , but the cursor just whirs for a moment, then nothing happens.  Am I missing something?

Run the daemon first. My bad for reading that too fast... If that does not work, try the Java downloads

Fold Proteins, earn cryptos! CureCoin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757 MergeFold with FoldingCoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781352.0
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 07:18:39 AM

Thanks for testing!!

Many thanks to Vorksholk for making the time to release this tonight! I just downloaded the link and fired it up, I was actually able to mine a few blocks without a crash. Give it a try and see what you think. As he had mentioned expect some bugs in the miner for this initial release ( just restart it if it crashes ). To find your address, just go into the folder that will be created in the same directory as the java files, the directory name in there will be your SigmaXcoin address. Post your addresses so we can send some transactions  Smiley

After downloading and unzipping, I tried to run the client by double-clicking SigmaXTestnetClientv1.0.0b1.jar on my Windows 10 computer within Windows Explorer (Exploder!) , but the cursor just whirs for a moment, then nothing happens.  Am I missing something?

I get the same result for SigmaXTestnetDaemonv1.0.0b1.jar and SigmaXTestnetMinerv1.0.0b1.jar.

Does the command line stay open?

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
DevShuster

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 07:43:14 AM

After downloading and unzipping, I tried to run the client by double-clicking SigmaXTestnetClientv1.0.0b1.jar on my Windows 10 computer within Windows Explorer (Exploder!) , but the cursor just whirs for a moment, then nothing happens.  Am I missing something?

[/quote]
Run the daemon first. My bad for reading that too fast... If that does not work, try the Java downloads
[/quote]

I first had to uninstall my older Java versions, then installed the newest one, and Java acknowledges that it is now up to date.  I then rebooted the computer.  I tried to run the daemon, but get the same result (the cursor just whirs for a moment, then nothing happens).  

I am not sure what you mean by "If that does not work, try the Java downloads."  Could you write out the steps to try?  Thanks...

"Does the command line stay open? "  I can get the command prompt, but I don't think that is what you are asking...
cygnusxi (OP)

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 08:16:22 AM

[/quote]

I first had to uninstall my older Java versions, then installed the newest one, and Java acknowledges that it is now up to date.  I then rebooted the computer.  I tried to run the daemon, but get the same result (the cursor just whirs for a moment, then nothing happens).  

I am not sure what you mean by "If that does not work, try the Java downloads."  Could you write out the steps to try?  Thanks...

"Does the command line stay open? "  I can get the command prompt, but I don't think that is what you are asking...
[/quote]

"If that does not work, try the Java downloads."
I just meant to try the daemon first but it sounds like you have already tried it in that order. I'm trying to do a little fly by night patching but we pushed pretty late into the wee hours of the morning getting the beta posted. I will get a fresh VM going tomorrow for some video demos. Vorksholk will have to do most of the polishing of the code. I'm trying to think of what we might be missing here to get you going, but the late night is starting to catch up with me as well  Cry I'll keep looking around in the code and post any updates.

DevShuster

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 08:25:58 AM

Since the thread is busy right now I'd like to get some content out here. Please consider joining curecoin.net/forum to be more involved in the curecoin community for future posts, suggestions, etc.

First off, I'd like to cover the attempt to expand the core team. It was recently said that there have been no efforts to expand the team, and that many people would be willing to work with us for free because curecoin is an interesting project. This has certainly not been the case thus far, I have reached out to a lot of people via bitcointalk, linkedin, and various other channels only to find the only people offering help are far from ready to offer that help for free. With the recent change in market movement and the soon coming launch of the SigmaXcoin beta (likely tonight) I figured this is the best time to extend the offer once again to the community to join the core team. If you are interested in joining the core team please head over to the curecoin.net/forum and post there with what type of skills you want to offer to the curecoin project. Anyone who is accepted into the core team will be paid with curecoin, and possibly btc also depending on the work rendered. Web design, logo design, C developers, Java developers, and social media marketers are just a few of the things we are looking to expand.

It's been recently proposed that Team Curecoin is selling itself short by focusing too much on donations to Stanford's folding@home servers and other charities. Due to funds being appropriated to those causes it was simply what needed to be done, however we are going to start taking a much different approach to this. Starting today curecoin donations will be sold off in a few test crowd sales to see how the reception is on bitcointalk forum with this method. The first few crowd sales will be small and capped in value, again this is to test the reception of this on bitcointalk forum vs using various other crowdfunding sites. One of the large factors is this is the ability to accept bitcoin without having a 3rd party involved, because I think everyone on this forum can agree its best to keep your balances in secure cryptocurrency wallets without the meddling hands of a 3rd party and their high fiat money handling fees.

The 3 test crowd sales will be for the following items;

1. Overall development of Curecoin including websites, social media, promotional materials (pretty much everything already listed in the uses for the developer fund)

2. Fundraisers that have curecoins already donated to them, including
     a.ANTRUK: Learn More on the ANTRUK homepage. http://www.antibioticresearch.org.uk/
     b.Bonfils: Learn More on the Bonfils Blood Center homepage. http://www.bonfils.org/index.cfm/medical-services/research/

By participating in these crowd sales you will not only be contributing to the above list including curecoin development you will also be rewarded in curecoins. This will also help us unload these coins without saturating the market therefor encouraging more folding to earn curecoins which is the main goal of curecoin. With that said, for those who have not been watching the market, the recent price spikes are showing that it is currently profitable to fold proteins and contribute to medical research! This is the "synergistic tipping point" of the scarcity of curecoin driving more research to be done for the profitable rewards all the while knowing that your computational cycles are not just burning electricity on random numbers. Speaking of scarcity, Curecoin will be 2 years old on May 10 2016, which will mark its halfway point to block halving.

Vorksholk just said he is anticipating being ready to launch the SigmaXcoin beta around midnight Eastern Standard time. I will be preparing for that, we will likely have a google hangout / skype chat group for people to join the "beta launch party". I also hope to have the first crowd sale test runs listed today.

Don't forget to join the curecoin community at https://www.curecoin.net/forum !

Cheers and happy folding  Smiley

In case it is difficult to raise the money needed now, I expect that it will be much easier after the launch of SigmaX, as the interested community will be larger.  Curecoin is still trying to shake off its ravaging history of bear market prices.
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 08:26:21 AM

I'm on Win10 and it was running fine.  Found a few blocks but now I'm getting this:

-tb-

cygnusxi (OP)

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 08:39:44 AM

Since the thread is busy right now I'd like to get some content out here. Please consider joining curecoin.net/forum to be more involved in the curecoin community for future posts, suggestions, etc.

First off, I'd like to cover the attempt to expand the core team. It was recently said that there have been no efforts to expand the team, and that many people would be willing to work with us for free because curecoin is an interesting project. This has certainly not been the case thus far, I have reached out to a lot of people via bitcointalk, linkedin, and various other channels only to find the only people offering help are far from ready to offer that help for free. With the recent change in market movement and the soon coming launch of the SigmaXcoin beta (likely tonight) I figured this is the best time to extend the offer once again to the community to join the core team. If you are interested in joining the core team please head over to the curecoin.net/forum and post there with what type of skills you want to offer to the curecoin project. Anyone who is accepted into the core team will be paid with curecoin, and possibly btc also depending on the work rendered. Web design, logo design, C developers, Java developers, and social media marketers are just a few of the things we are looking to expand.

It's been recently proposed that Team Curecoin is selling itself short by focusing too much on donations to Stanford's folding@home servers and other charities. Due to funds being appropriated to those causes it was simply what needed to be done, however we are going to start taking a much different approach to this. Starting today curecoin donations will be sold off in a few test crowd sales to see how the reception is on bitcointalk forum with this method. The first few crowd sales will be small and capped in value, again this is to test the reception of this on bitcointalk forum vs using various other crowdfunding sites. One of the large factors is this is the ability to accept bitcoin without having a 3rd party involved, because I think everyone on this forum can agree its best to keep your balances in secure cryptocurrency wallets without the meddling hands of a 3rd party and their high fiat money handling fees.

The 3 test crowd sales will be for the following items;

1. Overall development of Curecoin including websites, social media, promotional materials (pretty much everything already listed in the uses for the developer fund)

2. Fundraisers that have curecoins already donated to them, including
     a.ANTRUK: Learn More on the ANTRUK homepage. http://www.antibioticresearch.org.uk/
     b.Bonfils: Learn More on the Bonfils Blood Center homepage. http://www.bonfils.org/index.cfm/medical-services/research/

By participating in these crowd sales you will not only be contributing to the above list including curecoin development you will also be rewarded in curecoins. This will also help us unload these coins without saturating the market therefor encouraging more folding to earn curecoins which is the main goal of curecoin. With that said, for those who have not been watching the market, the recent price spikes are showing that it is currently profitable to fold proteins and contribute to medical research! This is the "synergistic tipping point" of the scarcity of curecoin driving more research to be done for the profitable rewards all the while knowing that your computational cycles are not just burning electricity on random numbers. Speaking of scarcity, Curecoin will be 2 years old on May 10 2016, which will mark its halfway point to block halving.

Vorksholk just said he is anticipating being ready to launch the SigmaXcoin beta around midnight Eastern Standard time. I will be preparing for that, we will likely have a google hangout / skype chat group for people to join the "beta launch party". I also hope to have the first crowd sale test runs listed today.

Don't forget to join the curecoin community at https://www.curecoin.net/forum !

Cheers and happy folding  Smiley

In case it is difficult to raise the money needed now, I expect that it will be much easier after the launch of SigmaX, as the interested community will be larger.  Curecoin is still trying to shake off its ravaging history of bear market prices.

There is a plethora of different reasons why price support was a bit skewed with curecoin from the start, including coinmarketcap getting stats completely wrong about 2 weeks into the launch, which made a lot of investors jump ship. They have a fairly accurate picture of whats on the block chain now however our block explorer is more accurate https://chainz.cryptoid.info/cure/ . Another big reason is that a lot of "legacy folders" were happy to get whatever the market was offering likely not having a ton of experience in trading against bots on exchanges. These things and others seem to be shifting now to where folding could be short and long term profitable.

cygnusxi (OP)

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 08:42:34 AM

I'm on Win10 and it was running fine.  Found a few blocks but now I'm getting this:

-tb-

try restarting just the miner, first, the client and daemon seem to be solid. If that does not work restart the daemon as well. Something to note, the window for the daemon once open will say "miner".

techbytes
Legendary

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 08:48:08 AM

-tb-

try restarting just the miner, first, the client and daemon seem to be solid. If that does not work restart the daemon as well. Something to note, the window for the daemon once open will say "miner".

That's the daemon even though the window says "tesnet miner".

-tb-

cygnusxi (OP)

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 09:01:30 AM

-tb-

That's the daemon even though the window says "tesnet miner".

-tb-

Yes, that name change is on the to-do list for the next released compile, did restarting get everything running for you again?

techbytes
Legendary

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 09:05:03 AM

Same thing after restarting.  Going to try on win8.

-tb-

SalimNagamato
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 09:58:12 AM

only 28 blocks until now ?

not hashing, folding and curing (check FLDC merged-folding! reuse good GPUs)
merc84

Activity: 799

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 10:15:28 AM

Writing ledger to file...
Addresses to write: 1
Add block: 0?: true
Don't need to regen address file...
Got connection from /155.94.254.14.
Sent:: REQUEST_NET_STATE
PUTTING INTO WRITE BUFFER: REQUEST_NET_STATE
Sending REQUEST_NET_STATE to /155.94.254.14

This is all i get when running daemon seems its not syncing at all.
cygnusxi (OP)

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 10:17:20 AM

That is what you should see when it is synced. Try running the client jar now and type getinfo
I think it is up to about block 40 now

techbytes
Legendary

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 10:23:43 AM

My daemon is running again. 

getinfo
Blocks: 7
Last block hash: C68BB7F338080C8E74733345EAF36FF2EF46CA2EDC44FEB68C98BCBCA4A18A2C
Difficulty: 50000000
Main address: S1PSUY2XBFCI7E3ZVDQ2YLUAHOW4XP7MR6U5IY
Main address balance: 35000000000

-tb-

SalimNagamato
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 10:25:23 AM

That is what you should see when it is synced. Try running the client jar now and type getinfo
I think it is up to about block 40 now

mine is stuck on block 28

SalimNagamato
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 10:27:11 AM

Code:
me@me-vm:~/Downloads/SigmaX Testnet Beta 1$ java -jar SigmaXTestnetClientv1.0.0b1.jar 
SigmaX 1.0.0b1 daemon RPC
getinfo
Blocks: 28
Last block hash: 9D62C7819353331B631C14E394FAA18003D57903B2F49DF1DAE745E8784A867E
Difficulty: 50000000
Main address: S15V6OHG5VUBOEWUSU5F2XBQ5N32V236NWYR7R
Main address balance: 20000000000
</>

cygnusxi (OP)

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 10:37:13 AM

You can delete the blockchain folder, just keep your keys file and address folder, that might help. Please consider joining the forum on curecoin.net/forum there is a small section set up for sigma testing that we will expand tomorrow. It might be helpful for vorksholk if you can post what os and java version you are using so he has the info ready for him tomorrow. As for now the team has been lacking on sleep today trying to get the beta out for testing . Vorksholk did mention to expect bugs in this first release. I'll get back on this first thing tomorrow morning.

SalimNagamato
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 10:51:04 AM

ofcourse expecting bugs...
this is why it is called 'testnet'
will try to join forum later this week. don't have much time for it

Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: