Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:44:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs - Bitforce Single and Mini Rig Box  (Read 186889 times)
Askit2

Activity: 981
Merit: 500

DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize

View Profile
April 01, 2012, 05:02:55 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2012, 07:18:47 AM by Askit2

I bet in the UK more then 50% of people pay taxes. I also bet less get more back then they ever made. That having been said I know I likely sound like a jerk but if you pay taxes in the US you are paying 36% of the economy to be in the government and 50% of people to pay nothing.
I hope my single is shipping out soon. As I can't wait to have something efficient to make some coin.

Sorry for lack for source its easy to find at the IRS under statistics and individual returns but I suppose I just look harder then most.
ALSO my % was off slightly the bottom 50% do pay 3% of revenue. This is not 0 but not very much.
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-soi/08inratesharesnap.pdf

▄▄
        ▄█▀▀█▄
      ▄█▀ ▄▄ ▀█▄
      ▀ ▄████▄ ▀
   ▄▀ ▄ ▀████▀ ▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄
█  ███████  ███████  █
 ▀▄ ▀███▀ ▄▄ ▀███▀ ▄▀

▀▄ ▀ ▄████▄ ▀ ▄▀
      ▄ ▀████▀ ▄
      ▀█▄ ▀▀ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▄█▀
          ▀▀
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀███████
██████            ▀████████     ████     █████    █████     ███████
██████     ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██████     █████    ████      ████    ████████
██████     ██████▄    █████     █████    ▀██▀  ▄▄  ▀██▀    ████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████     █   ██   █     █████████
██████     █████▀    ██████     ███████       ████       ██████████
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████            ▄████████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄████████████
.DIWtoken.com.
▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
......SECURITY DECENTRALIZED...
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
triplehelix

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2012, 05:23:59 PM

I bet in the UK more then 50% of people pay taxes. I also bet less get more back then they ever made. That having been said I know I likely sound like a jerk but if you pay taxes in the US you are paying 36% of the economy to be in the government and 50% of people to pay nothing.
I hope my single is shipping out soon. As I can't wait to have something efficient to make some coin.

i don't understand what your saying.  if in your 50% not paying taxes, you include ridiculously wealthy individuals who pay a far far smaller percentage of their income, than yes.  or are you saying 50% of working age americans don't pay taxes?  i would be very interested in a link to a reliable source for that.

push comes to shove, the UK has a higher standard of education, has a healthier population with a longer life expectancy (which can be directly linked to everyone having access to healthcare), a higher percentage of the population going onto higher education, and takes care of their elderly after they lose the ability to support themselves.

for roughly the same amount of an average middle class income percentage wise, we get an incredibly large military spread across the globe.

personally i'd prefer my money provided myself, my family and my fellow citizens with healthcare and college than the tanks and soldiers.

there is this false theory that the mega rich are the job creators.  that's just false.  small business is the giant economic engine of this country.  i don't want them to pay anything extra.  i want them to pay the same percentage of their income as everyone else, which they absolutely do not do.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 01, 2012, 07:55:13 PM

Bad thread for political discussions guys... way off topic.
triplehelix

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 01, 2012, 10:02:24 PM

your right.  apologies.
heavyb

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2012, 10:22:46 PM

true, sorry man, cant pass up a good stab at entitlement.

norulezapply

Activity: 481
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 04:50:52 PM

watching...

I'd really like to know when the huge backlog of orders waiting to be shipped is going to be cleared. This is the number one reason why I haven't placed my order yet.

(considering there's some new FPGAs being released in the next 8 weeks which may be better purchases)
bitcoindaddy

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 04:58:54 PM

(considering there's some new FPGAs being released in the next 8 weeks which may be better purchases)

Which other ones are you waiting for?

I'm asking because I can either buy more than one Single now, or spread out the purchases and hope to take advantage of the competition between vendors. I assume there will be better and better stuff coming out from a variety of vendors.
silverbox
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 05:04:47 PM

..but if you pay taxes in the US you are paying 36% of the economy to be in the government and 50% of people to pay nothing.

I'm fairly certain that just about everyone pays sales tax, fuel tax, Property tax..

Just because 50% don't pay Income Tax doesn't mean they aren't taxed.
norulezapply

Merit: 502

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 06:11:11 PM

Which other ones are you waiting for?

I'm asking because I can either buy more than one Single now, or spread out the purchases and hope to take advantage of the competition between vendors. I assume there will be better and better stuff coming out from a variety of vendors.

Mainly Lancelot (the successor to Icarus) by ngzhang
Askit2

Activity: 981

DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 08:48:06 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2012, 06:45:10 PM by Askit2

You only pay fuel taxes on fuels to pay for road work, you pay sales tax if you live in a state that has one on things you choose to buy. In Washington state the sales tax is not on food. Prepared ready to eat meals are taxed but food stuffs are not.  My state does not. Some states (California) have no property taxes and rely on income tax or sales and income tax.
Lets say I try to put this on topic. I know good luck.

Ok so I have a small mining system. I am a small portion of the pool. Now currently I am definately in the lower %s usually in the last 10 to 15 people. Should the pool op be required to take 30% or 35% of the bitcoins that the large players get to pay me for being disadvantaged? I really don't think so. Now I am actually buying one of these hashing devices because I would rather get more coins by providing more income to the pool in new shares and solved blocks then take share from others that earned it. I am serious. My BFL unit will give me some bitcoins and make me a larger % of the pool. Not a lot but it will help.

Now this is not different then certain taxes that happen IRL. I am not saying the rich (big guys) don't make more then I do. I don't say the same fees or what have you are unfair to me because I make less. I make less and I pay less. To say that people making 13% of the money pay too much paying 3% of the burden is ludicris when the 1%ers make 20% of the money and pay far more at 18% or more of the revenues. For the 1% to pay less then they would pay less then 4.61% of the tax burden. That is in ratio to the below 50% people. Sadly as this would upset the ratio to alter the amounts to keep things equal everyone else would pay a ton more to hold that ratio. My point is that yes they maybe don't pay 35% or what have you. That is the tax code not the rich. The same rich people work in Washington DC and set the minimum wage for the top braket a few K$ over what the highest paid congress person makes. I think congress should be in the top bracket regardless of income. They write the loop holes. They use more then anyone and they set everyones burdens including their own. That isn't very fair. The problem is that some things the rich can do ordinary people are economically unable to do like when Oprah spends more nights sleeping outside of Illinois to avoid its higher taxes. Now could anyone choose where to live based on taxes technically YES. But can everyone spend more nights in a different state to reduce their taxes while working their current job. NO.

Tie in to BFL and bitcoin.
If I moved to somewhere with lower electric rates I would make more bitcoins. If I have a ton of gear and make enough money I likely can move to there to increase my income. Currently moving would be impossible for me so I buy something several times as efficient as most GPU rigs. My BFL single. This will allow me at a higher rate to still make money. Would I make more somewhere with cheap power sure. Would it pay me enough to live there no. Now does this squeeze out miners in high cost areas Yes. Is that entirely bad. I don't know. I know if I fire up an Nvidia card I have I will lose money constantly. Does that mean that people should pay enough for bitcoins that I make a profit? Of course not. Don't get me wrong I would be thrilled that my BFL single would suddenly make many times my projected income per month making its payback much much faster. Now I am not a 1%er IRL or IBTC well unless you count bottom 1%er. But I am doing what I can to pay for my own hashing power so things look better to me.

Again I am not looking for a pool or wanting a pool that "Redistributes" wealth. I am trying to improve my spending money buy investing in equiptment for myself. I am buying a BLF single because even with half the power efficiency it pays off in 1/3 the time of its competition. Maybe Lancelot will be cost wise close to BLF per hash making payback less of a worry. Icarus to me was about 36 months figuring in a constant price to difficulty ratio and reward halving at the end of the year. BLF was 10 months in the same calculation. Yes the delay matters but for Icarus to have paid off before a BFL I would have to order my BFL in at least the middle of next year. I likely am making few friends with my opinions but to be honest so far Bitcoin is the most capatilistic system I have seen. You pick a pool that pays you well and work for them. You can switch at any time with little cost or hardship. You vote with your processing power making it somewhat democratic. If a pools fees are crazy high they lose hashes. If a pool pays well they gain hashes. Every day people are buying and selling hashing power for money in the way they want. Real life matters. Have fun!

edit: Sonny said I should be looking for my single in the 6 week window. Now I do not know the future but since it is expected to ship out about 3 days before I expected. I am so far pleased with it.

Wow Edit 2: Correction California has a property tax too. They get you comming and going.
I had assumed the 9.3% income tax at 48K and the 7.25% sales tax added up to more a year then your property taxes by a long shot. But You Only Pay Property Taxes When You Own Things. Renting would not directly have you paying property taxes. Yes the land lord pays it with the rent you pay and pays his landlordship too. Not maybe a good choice like buying singles for hashing but it is a choice. Possibly bankrate is off on the tax rates. I could not find the property tax percentage but as houses are in the six digits many places and likely could be easily 7 in Cali I don't see why it would be more then a .1 or less %. I am not saying it doesn't matter. I ment that California is hit hard by income dropping not so much house prices falling and that to me said the income and property tax where a far larger tax money wise. I may be wrong again but Texas and Washington have no income tax so they said. They do have property taxes and sales taxes.

▄▄
        ▄█▀▀█▄
      ▄█▀ ▄▄ ▀█▄
      ▀ ▄████▄ ▀
   ▄▀ ▄ ▀████▀ ▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄
█  ███████  ███████  █
 ▀▄ ▀███▀ ▄▄ ▀███▀ ▄▀

▀▄ ▀ ▄████▄ ▀ ▄▀
      ▄ ▀████▀ ▄
      ▀█▄ ▀▀ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▄█▀
          ▀▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀███████
██████            ▀████████     ████     █████    █████     ███████
██████     ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██████     █████    ████      ████    ████████
██████     ██████▄    █████     █████    ▀██▀  ▄▄  ▀██▀    ████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████     █   ██   █     █████████
██████     █████▀    ██████     ███████       ████       ██████████
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████            ▄████████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄████████████
.DIWtoken.com.
▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
......SECURITY DECENTRALIZED...
bbulker

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 06:49:55 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2012, 07:49:11 AM by bbulker

It looks like they have disabled the "Submit" button on the order form. Is it working for anyone?
bombo999 (OP)

Activity: 107

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 11:16:58 AM

it appears that payment by bitcoin has returned as an option for the single ... good news
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2012, 11:57:58 AM

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

@bbulker try another browser, works for me, make sure javascript is enabled
@bombo999 where do you see that?
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.17 (MingW32)
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=IqYh
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 11:58:47 AM

it appears that payment by bitcoin has returned as an option for the single ... good news

Where do you see that?  Still paypal, dwolla and bank transfer for me.

Pay in BTC would be great!  Grin

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
silverbox
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 03:46:32 PM

Some states (California) have no property taxes and rely on income tax or sales and income tax.

Just plain false.  I live in California, and I would be very happy to not pay Property tax, but I'm pretty sure the Assessor's Office would sell off my house at auction, after a few years, if I forgot to pay that particular TAX.
tgmarks
Donator

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 03:59:57 PM

Some states (California) have no property taxes and rely on income tax or sales and income tax.

Just plain false.  I live in California, and I would be very happy to not pay Property tax, but I'm pretty sure the Assessor's Office would sell off my house at auction, after a few years, if I forgot to pay that particular TAX.
Seconded

bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2012, 04:01:18 PM

Lordy, who cares. Where's my BFLs!!

tgmarks
Donator

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 04:05:24 PM

Where do you see this?

P_Shep
Legendary

Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198

This is not OK.

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 05:23:30 PM

Yep, waiting is becoming tiresome  Roll Eyes
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 05:29:01 PM

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

@bbulker try another browser, works for me, make sure javascript is enabled
@bombo999 where do you see that?
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.17 (MingW32)

-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Please stop signing unimportant messages. Thank you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: