Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:03:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: na
na
na

Pages: « 1 ... 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 [310] 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 ... 593 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][1000 SYNC] Proof of Stake now run by BLOCKCHAIN DEVELOPMENT COMPANY  (Read 815999 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ipo22100

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:52:54 PM

I for one am not going to sit around and wait for this coin to jump out of the sewer.  I ripped the bandage off this morning and will take the proceeds on to bigger and better things.  i'll make more not waiting for this thing to get back on track.

As far as the issues go for staking - who cares if this thing ever stakes for you - does it really matter. I had 3 coins and staked twice for like .017.  After that I locked the wallet so it would not stake again as it took far to long to have spendable coins while waiting through all the syncing issues.  Just stop and start the wallet a hundred times a day - gimme a break.

As for the developer - good luck in the future with your new job - I hope I never have to deal with you in the business world and I pity the people that will have to.

I do not regret getting involved in this, but will never own sync again.

Cheers and good luck with your coin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:53:26 PM

I have read how raskul and other FUDsters said they know competent devs, well this is your chance.

I'll PM you for the relevant info that a developer needs to look through the code, when i get home soon.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Real_Unhooked

Activity: 838
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:55:51 PM

Can we say the coin is dead? Dev has gone MIA. Wallets not sycning. ( Sorry all this quit and resync don't mean sh**)

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
.....DeepVault.....
....Blockchain File Signatures....
...deeponion.org...
s0urcec0de

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:58:07 PM

Can we say the coin is dead? Dev has gone MIA. Wallets not sycning. ( Sorry all this quit and resync don't mean sh**)

Its definately not dead, my wallet works fine. It needs a bit of refinement and some stronger characters in charge.
tom14cat14

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 03:03:42 PM

Its definately not dead, my wallet works fine. It needs a bit of refinement and some stronger characters in charge.

Agreed. I have not had any issues with the wallet for a week now. I do not do anything special to it to make it work.
powersup

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 03:05:41 PM

wow, its amazing what happens in a couple of days.

I for one have no problems with the wallet, and we have a good foundation to build a successful coin upon.

I believe I know the dev who raskul will approach, and if he accepts, he will be a great dev to oversee the code base, however I also know he is a busy person and would not be able to oversee the day to day running of the coin.

we need someone who has the time, commitment, trust and respect of the community. Any takers?
YAdaminer

Activity: 829
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 03:10:21 PM

Is there NOT ONE coder on this thread that has any interest in looking at the code and either submitting fixes thru pull requests or just forking it and fixing? I think MsCollec would probably happily accept coding help. Especially if it actually works!

I don't need any coding help. I created because i was passionate about it and there are actual future plans. I spent over 7 BTC on sync without asking anybody's help.

People complained about was wallet out of sync and not staking Huh The more people that are minting, the faster the blockchain and this also affected the wallet since there's no new block to complete the synchronization. The blockchain is getting faster now because more people are staking and the network is growing.

I have read how raskul and other FUDsters said they know competent devs, well this is your chance.

Regarding loljosh, I didn't paid him any amount to develop SYNC, he's just helping out based on my reputation. If you are interested in his services you can negotiate with him.

Look, ... if I offended you in any way, I'm sorry, but please make up your mind, will you stay and pull this thing or if loljos was your support we can hire him to help, or anyone else.
As you said it seems that this wallet issue is smaller with network growth, but I think that we need that V2 wallet ASAP if nothing else than just as news that problems are solved, and we can use it in marketing way to push thing forward.
I also once said that if by my stupididty I caused wallet stop sync I'll apologize, but if we have more than one member a day complaning than there are problems waiting to be solved.
As I said I'll donate to future development, but you need say are you staying or you are leaving, can you deliver V2 and when or not if coin is decentralized then development could or should be as well and there is no need for you to be here 24/7 for that we can have few community mods from diferent time zones cause noone can or should be available 24/7, you can transfer things to community members, you can stay in the board if you want you can handover and leave us, but we need to know your final decision.
If this was offendive in any way, I apologize but please make up your mind.
sovie

Activity: 1274
Merit: 265

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 03:12:47 PM

wow, its amazing what happens in a couple of days.

I for one have no problems with the wallet, and we have a good foundation to build a successful coin upon.

I believe I know the dev who raskul will approach, and if he accepts, he will be a great dev to oversee the code base, however I also know he is a busy person and would not be able to oversee the day to day running of the coin.

we need someone who has the time, commitment, trust and respect of the community. Any takers?

Well i'm here everyday most of the day and night and i don't mind helping out
I can't help with the code but i can help with community relations if no one else
better qualified comes forward at the very least you all can count on me
as i personally have a large stake in this coin therefore the motivation to see it succeed

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
tom14cat14

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 03:13:18 PM

Is there NOT ONE coder on this thread that has any interest in looking at the code and either submitting fixes thru pull requests or just forking it and fixing? I think MsCollec would probably happily accept coding help. Especially if it actually works!

I don't need any coding help. I created because i was passionate about it and there are actual future plans. I spent over 7 BTC on sync without asking anybody's help.

People complained about was wallet out of sync and not staking Huh The more people that are minting, the faster the blockchain and this also affected the wallet since there's no new block to complete the synchronization. The blockchain is getting faster now because more people are staking and the network is growing.

Regarding loljosh, I didn't paid him any amount to develop SYNC, he's just helping out based on my reputation. If you are interested in his services you can negotiate with him.

Look, ... if I offended you in any way, I'm sorry, but please make up your mind, will you stay and pull this thing or if loljos was your support we can hire him to help, or anyone else.
As you said it seems that this wallet issue is smaller with network growth, but I think that we need that V2 wallet ASAP if nothing else than just as news that problems are solved, and we can use it in marketing way to push thing forward.
I also once said that if by my stupididty I caused wallet stop sync I'll apologize, but if we have more than one people a day complaning than there are problems waiting to be solved.
As I said I'll donate to future development, but you need say are you staying or you are leaving, can you deliver V2 and when or not if coin is decentralized then development could or should be as well and there is no need for you to be here 24/7 for that we can have few community mods from diferent time zones cause noone can or should be available 24/7, you can transfer things to community members, you can stay in the board if you want you can handover and leave us, but we need to know your final decision.
If this was offendive in any way, I apologize but please make up your mind.

And please make up your mind soon because we need things done ASAP. The longer we wait the more people will just leave the coin and others will not want to join the club.
youngwebs
Legendary

Activity: 1080
Merit: 1055

DEV of DeepOnion community pool

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 03:13:51 PM

by the way today is paymentday @multipool - i think with the Speed it will hit us @ 0:00 cet

link your miner to multipool i myself was very pleased with the payouts and its easy to link at

here how it goes

http://sync.multipoolmining.com/getting_started

any Problems ? ask me but you have to wrote it down just asking in the room - i cant hear you  Grin

and there are a lot holding a notworthy amount of sync so ........... to the mooooooooooooooon or far beyond

Thanks for the support. We will keep mining this coin (well you mine, we keep the stratums alive.. Cool) at least for some time till the future of this coin is clear. We have already been asked to stay around and as long as there is a decent amount of miners, we will keep Sync pool alive!

If you want coins 2night, just start mining at http://sync.multipoolmining.com/getting_started
We need a decent amount of hashrate, to mine the most profitable coins around!

turner3d

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 03:53:18 PM

I too have had no problems with the wallet for the past 2 days, but I had a ridiculously difficult time getting it caught up. I'm currently on block 8857 which agrees with the block explorer. From analyzing my debug.log though, I can see that of the peers that I've connected to over the past hour, there are still connected wallets that are stuck on the following blocks: 7204, 7206, 7603, 8200, 8210, 8214 (the majority are stuck here), 8215, 8233, 8467, 8607, 8765, 8800, and 8840. This obviously suggests a flaw with the wallet, and I'd be willing to bet that it is a minor coding issue.

I still think this coin is a great idea and has great potential, as do many others. This is obvious from the number of people that have purchased and are still holding significant amounts of the coin. The amount of impatience, kicking, screaming, and just plain fud has been downright nauseating, but the number of people posting in this thread is a small percentage of those who actually hold the coin. The fact is that most of the faithful, decent supporters just don't post at all.

Though the wallet functionality issue may be minor, it is tremendously important that it be fixed sooner rather than later since a coin simply doesn't have forever to redeem itself. I think that the window of opportunity is still open for things to turn around, but it's hard to say for how long. I would really hate to see a case of thin skin destroy such a potentially great coin.
raskul

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 03:55:13 PM

I have sent a personal message to MsCollec, requesting the private keys to allow a new developer to look through the code.

I will update as and when there is new relevant info that you should all be aware of.

Basically, all that I am concerned with, regarding Sync, is that we should have a V2 wallet (most likely on a new fork) and that everyone is able to stake 100% per annum, regardless of the amount of stake you hold.

again, updates as I get them

I should make it clear, that as a few of you have sent me personal messages - I am not taking over the coin, I simply want to move it forwards for the good of it's community.

Sync is not anyone's personal belonging, it belongs to us all, so may I suggest, we all work together to make sure it is active, working and eventually, revived to the value it deserves.

thanks

deephouse

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 03:56:30 PM

Why has the minimum 0.3 SYNC requirement for staking removed from OP? Has that been changed?

P.S- I have not read the last 20 pages cause of all the complaining and FUD.

EDIT: Saw the above post now

deephouse

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:03:06 PM

I have sent a personal message to MsCollec, requesting the private keys to allow a new developer to look through the code.

I will update as and when there is new relevant info that you should all be aware of.

Basically, all that I am concerned with, regarding Sync, is that we should have a V2 wallet (most likely on a new fork) and that everyone is able to stake 100% per annum, regardless of the amount of stake you hold.

I should make it clear, that as a few of you have sent me personal messages - I am not taking over the coin, I simply want to move it forwards for the good of it's community.

Sync is not anyone's personal belonging, it belongs to us all, so may I suggest, we all work together to make sure it is active, working and eventually, revived to the value it deserves.

thanks

Sorry, if this was asked before, but is the Dev for this coin going to change? I have not read the last 20 pages cause of all the complaining and FUD.

sovie

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:05:50 PM

Misunderstanding and its created big problems for no reason

I can stake with .3 sync and i ve tried it

there is ample evidence of others on this forum being able to do so

however there is an odd occurence with the wallet that is simply

due to a coding error and some people get stuck syncing

PLEASE NOTE that the wallet is not compromised and CAN BE SYNCED

if you know what you are doing, whihc many people do not and this si what we want

to get recitified. I agree with Raskil that our most pressing problem is getting

a competent dev to look at the code so that this can be fixed

and hopefully mscolleg will agree with this

Stay Tuned for further updates  Wink

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
raskul

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:06:18 PM

thanks

Sorry, if this was asked before, but is the Dev for this coin going to change? I have not read the last 20 pages cause of all the complaining and FUD.

It is my belief that sync does not need a full-time developer. All we need is a new wallet, a few fixes in the code and then to make sure it is all stable and working as it should. The current developers have shown no sign of interest in doing any of this, so it is my conclusion, that we should employ a new developer to sort it all out.

From there, we can then confer as a community and decide if we wish to employ further development for new features in the coin.

but the first step is a wallet which everyone can install without issues, and for everyone to be able to stake 100%, regardless of how much Sync they hold.  

would you consider this a fair assertion?

EsBitcoin.org

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:11:04 PM

-66% (mintpal)
sovie

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:13:47 PM

And by community controlled that would obviously mean
anyone and everyone who at any given time activley step up to the plate
and be involved. Put your money where your mouth is an excellent quote to live by
where trolls are concerend,but there hardly any left that even care so we can confidantly move forward
with whoever remain and joins in the future

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Chronikka

Activity: 658
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:15:10 PM

Then why do you avoid questions?

IMO the wallet is not even the issue here. Yes its got problems but it largely works. I'm more concerned with appears to be a lack of motivation on your part to improve things.

People started getting antsy and your response was to shrug them off or ignore them. It means either you don't care about the community or you don't plan on going any further with this. Either way its got people jumping ship. You avoid simple questions like why the .3 sync limit was chosen. Why it wasn't announced earlier and why the POW/POS transition was not tested more thoroughly. These are all basic questions a competent developer should be able to answer and certainly should not be avoiding. And while we are on the subject of things you havn't done...what happened to the anonymizer you promised? Or was that more bs to pump it further?

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
jnasm77

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:16:16 PM

thanks

It is my belief that sync does not need a full-time developer. All we need is a new wallet, a few fixes in the code and then to make sure it is all stable and working as it should. The current developers have shown no sign of interest in doing any of this, so it is my conclusion, that we should employ a new developer to sort it all out.

From there, we can then confer as a community and decide if we wish to employ further development for new features in the coin.

but the first step is a wallet which everyone can install without issues, and for everyone to be able to stake 100%, regardless of how much Sync they hold.  

would you consider this a fair assertion?

There still needs to be a minimum stake you cant take it all the way out to 1 sat it wont work.  I think no lower than .01.  I think that should be acceptable it will allow more staking and a low enough in point for the less fortunate.
Pages: « 1 ... 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 [310] 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 ... 593 »
  Print  

Jump to: